Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Nice vids.

Nick
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks...glad you think so...LOL

I need to work on my timing on the flips more...I was doing more like loops.

Maybe next time they'll be better...

Glenn
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
JPEE

Guys,

Jeff, real sorry to see the crash. Like others said; it makes me sick to her lay there. About the broken blade, can you imagine the 500 coming off! OMG what damage that could do huh? I will hold you to your earlier published words, you can't go to bed unless the helis are flyable and in good repair! Be carefull what you wish for there kid.
Jeff, I had a motor start to sieze in my 400 today and I got down ok! This is my second time so I ma thinkingof gogint o a different motor. Nick thought you had something going on the 450? I DONT want to change ESC and spend a whole lot of cash, I just wanted to come up a notch from Eflite if possible.
Does your TP charger BEEP when the battery is done?? Mine just says END?
How long does your Blinkie take to balance once your off the charger (I had it on the whole time) It has been 30 min and I am now just starting to get a red light to say its done??

Glenn, I know you wanted to increase your pilot skills but man! the 500? What were you thinking of? Buddy...you got brass ones that forsure! I am proud of you going for it! I am so glad you had the cam on. Today I did like you in that since I relocated my cam to the brim I am still reaching up to the top looking for it LOL. BUT I did come up with something today. After getting my cam and helmet where they should be then I took a small little metal ruler and setting it from the camera back to the helmet. Then when I remount it I just set the little ruler on top of the cam and back to the hemet and WA-LA it is the same every time!

JPEE

Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Evan T.

hey guys I had my first crash today after 58 flights because I was flying and then all the sudden it did a back flip for no reason I guess the servos glitched or something but now there working just like normal with nothing to show for it there not stripped or anything so in the end it bent the main shaft, f shaft really bad, broke a landing strut, one blade bent the flybar, broke the blade grips, and chiped a couple teeth on the main gear, oh and killed the canopy. Kinda sucks but what do you do you know. So I guess it's time to upgrade the servos gotta earn some money now lol
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Evan T.

oh yeah and I got the new battery yesterday but never got to use it cause I was flying with the old one during the crash but I'll try it tomorrow
Old 02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I am pretty sure this is the motor Jeff has.
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=594

I am not familiar with your TP charger, but I think my TP 610 charger has the option to beep or not at the end of charging. Your charger might have something similar.

Evan,

Welcome to our world of crashing a heli. Sorry you crashed though.

Nick
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Evan T.

Yeah everyone that has been supporting me at my lhs's think it's amazing I went this long but I crashed the do almost every other flight until I could hover lol
Old 02-01-2009, 10:00 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Bad things come in threes I guess! [X(]

Must be crash day at RCU!

Glenn
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sorry to hear about your crash, it was bound to happen eventually...it will catch up to you sooner or later, but you did really well with 58 crash free flights..

Only one thing I don't understand, how are you going to try the new battery pack tomorrow? [sm=confused.gif]

Can you rebuild it that fast?

Good luck with the rebuild when you do it...

Glenn

Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, I had a motor start to sieze in my 400 today and I got down ok! This is my second time so I ma thinkingof gogint o a different motor. Nick thought you had something going on the 450? I DONT want to change ESC and spend a whole lot of cash, I just wanted to come up a notch from Eflite if possible.
Does your TP charger BEEP when the battery is done?? Mine just says END?
How long does your Blinkie take to balance once your off the charger (I had it on the whole time) It has been 30 min and I am now just starting to get a red light to say its done??

JPEE ~

Yeah Nick gave ya the site of the motor. There's a video of it there I believe... I've had it installed since the first week of October and have had no probs so far, and it does very well... Its no Scorpion motor, but it has plenty of power and doesn't even get warm no matter what pinion I was using. Over-sized bearings etc. I just considered it one step up from stock.

Here's a test video of it when I first got it installed as you may remember...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHk_2mny98#

I can't remember if my charger beeps at the end or not...LOL... But it does just say end like yours. That sounds right with your blinky. I'll use it right before charging, and then I'll go and charge it with the blinky on the whole time... Then when the batt is done I take it from the charger, and let the blinky still be doing its job until the red light comes on... And then the next day usually right before I'am going to go fly, I'll put the blinky on the batts for a bit just for overkill in making sure...

Evan ~

Well its about damn time ! [8D] Your officially a heli pilot now......Congrats... [8D]

Here's that piece of the MAH CF blade that was stuck in the ground : [8D][8D] I should have just left the blade there...... In place of the heli's death....

Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I already rebuilt the whole thing in like an hour or two. Whenever I start I don't take any breaks lol
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Wow, you don't waste any time on the rebuilds, do ya?[sm=omg_smile.gif]

That's amazing...record rebuild time!

Yeah, you must have worked straight through...

Jeff,

I was gonna ask you if that blade was stuck in the ground like that from the crash...LOL, that is pretty amazing..[X(]

LOL, it would of made a nice tombstone...

JPEE,

Thanks for the comments...I was kinda wondering myself exactly what I was doing..LOL

I kinda figured if I'm ever gonna get over my intimidation of this thing, sooner is better than later...also was thinking that if I did crash, plenty of nice cold weather still yet to go this winter for a rebuild..lol

Glenn

Old 02-01-2009, 10:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

OK.... I just watched your videos ! That was awesome ! You didn't waste anytime messing around with the 500 eh ?! [8D] It all looked good to me... I saw a few times the loss at the end which came close to the ground... YIKES eh ! That was exactly what happened on my first loop I told ya about that I did in my friends backyard but didn't film... It was the one that came close to hitting the tops of a Cherry Tree about 11' from the ground.

LOL... I had to watch your punchouts a few times over to study them... LMAO... I actually watched the 500 vid about 3 times so far, and eagle eyeing it with observative eyes... Its sweeeeeet....[8D] Yeah you landed like right there and called er good ! LOL ! Wicked stuff my friend....

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Oh..... I may have to throw some wax on the ol' canopy... Got a little dirty today........ You play in the mud, I play in the grass....LMAO...

Old 02-01-2009, 11:00 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I can see it being challenging to fly at that spot though for sure like you were saying....
Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for all the kind words...I figured you'd be intently watching the punchouts, I did 'em with you in mind...lol

I am lucky that I didn't have a major crash today, but I am still glad I just went for it, it was pretty stressful...to say the least...but it's done now...and I think I'll be more relaxed flying it around a little more normally now...lol

I really heard the motor bog on that one big loop where it came close to the ground....prob my little 20C packs weren't quite enough to pull out of that one...

Now I have to look 'er over real good, and order some parts this week...for the rebuild..so far it only looks like the tail drive, and driven gears...but you know how hard it can be to see everything sometimes, I should probably actually just tear it down this week, look at everything, and order parts from there...it's not likely that I will be flying next weekend anyways, at least not the 500...[X(]

LOL on the wax...it might be just a little past that stage...

I wish I had a pic of the B400 in the mud...I didn't realize how soft the ground was...the landing skids were competely covered...LOL...I got her all cleaned up earlier...and all my packs charged back up..

That field is not too big, and has some obstacles, like the benches, trash cans, field goal poles, light poles....LOL Lots of potential for disaster...[X(]

But, it's close to home, and no one was around...

Good luck with your rebuild...

Glenn
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks for posting the motor information!

Evan,
Sorry you went down to day. But you can still say YOU never crashed. This was an "equipment failure" crash!

Jeff,

Thanks for the motor re-assurance. I'll re-watch the video again too. I found the issue with the charger. That thing has so many menus that I missed where that BEEP can be turned on or off and I reset it. I gotcha on the blinkie. I did exaclty that, pre charge blinkie, charge with blinkie on, hang the battery on the shelf until the red light comes and stays on. Some great pictures Mr.!

Just finished off my 2200 packs from todays flight. The first pack, at almost year old came in at 1455. Pack two (new zippy) came in at 1095******thats 360 mAh under the other pack. If I had two new Zippies I could not only get todays flight (6 min) with pushed up curves, I'll be I could 7.5 min!

JPEE
Old 02-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Evan T.

haha glenn nice flips that was funny at the end with the 500 ive landed like that to i hate that sound did it bent the f shaft or anything bad
Old 02-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Evan T.

Thanks for the kind words guys!!

Glenn did I miss something why are you talking about having to rebuild something of yours is it the 500 or what
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Yeah, that landing was harder than it looked on the vid...[X(]

When it hit the ground it stopped the tail rotors, and stripped the tail drive gear (the one below the main gear) and the gear that is connected to the tail drive shaft...[]

At least that is all I can see so far...I'm going to take it apart this week for a look-see...

Thanks for the compliment! They were OK flips, but I wish I could get better at them...[X(]

You are welcome for the kind words, you should be proud of your record!

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Be sure to let us know how the post repair flight goes if you fly tomorrow, hope all goes well with your rebuild...

And see how you like the new pack too...I'm curious how you will like it...

Have fun tomorrow if you get to fly..

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Evan T.

I did a little hover after the rebuild and it was smooth as glass the tracking was perfect and not a single vibration it made me feel good well Glenn I guess you got lucky you don't have a TT tail cause that would have sucked to break lol p.s. I knew what a tail drive gear was but thanks lol haha
Old 02-02-2009, 01:51 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds like your rebuild went great! A smooth heli is a happy heli....LOL

It is a good feeling when a rebuild turns out good...alot of times they fly better after the rebuild than they did before the crash!

My 500 is an ESP, so it does have the torque tube tail drive (shaft drive)...but the only thing that appears to have broken is those gears...but I'm gonna check it all out to be safe..

I didn't mean to suggest that you didn't know what the tail drive gear was...sorry!

I actually bought the TT gears for the tail box when I got the heli, since I read that is what usually breaks in a tailblade strike...but not mine..lol...couldn't get that lucky...the driven gear is in between the frames, like a B400 is...looks like it might be a PITA to do...[X(]

We'll see...

Glad your heli is smooth...

Good luck tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
JPEE

Hey Doc, thank you for the Birthday greetings! Just opend my card with $$$$ heli dollars for my much needed Zippy's 2200 mAh batteries for the 500! ! ! !

JPEE
Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Happy B-Day.

Good to hear you got your charger to beep and that you like the Zippy batteries. I like my Rhino batteries for the CPP, which are made by the same company.

Cool to hear you got some more money for Zippy batteries.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.