Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

How about those Steelers what a game I thought I was going to have the big one LOL
I just ordered those blades from Heliirect and the skid kit and a lipo sack. Just in case some one steps on it.
Now waiting for the TX to get back from Horrizon. I made a heli wall rack.
My wife made me wear the git up. I had the beer with no intimadation involved.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66719.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1125703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60374.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1125704  
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM
evdreamer

I finally figured out how to measure the KV on my DIY motors. I saw my drill press had the speed labeled on it, so I put my motor shaft in the chuck and turned the drill press on. And I hooked up my DVM to it and it worked. I calculated it is around 2924KV. I also calculated the efficiency and it is around 92%. And based on E-Flite's power requirements for airplanes I could put this motor in a 1.9 pound slow airplane, 1.2 pound high speed airplane, or a 1 pound 3D airplane on 3S. I can't imagine what their bigger motors can do or the monster motor I want to build from them that is 72mm or 2.8in in diameter. But I need to get my hands on a lathe to make the casing.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY youngster ! Congrats.... Now go out there and do a birthday flight. [8D] And throw some spunk in there like Glenn does would ya.... ?!

Carl ~

Great picture of yourself.... I saved it to a folder and put ya next to JPEE's picture... Nice to visualize who your talking to.

~ Jeff
Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
J-MICHAEL

I finally went over the whole heli and took it all apart seeing what damage there was from the crash of the 450, and it wasn't to bad... The CF blades is what took it to the next level, but I have a set of 325mm SAB CF's I'll throw back on, and the rest of the parts are stocked in the parts bin collecting dust...

Here's the video of the 450... I made it only 42 seconds long to just make it short and sweet.... Through my backflip about halfway, it felt like someone flipped the throttle hold switch on my DX7 the way the heli reacted... Oh well... Another day, another dollar.....

The only thing damaged was :

1. Main-Shaft bent
2. Spindle Small bend
3. Flybar Barely bent at all
4. Tail boom slightly bent
5. 315mm MAH CF Blades

And the canopy, but I'am gonna use it until its completely dead...

About $80.00 worth... If the blades didn't break, it would have just been a $25-$30.00 crash... But I've only wrecked two sets of blades since flying from day 1, so Its not so bad to me. I learned on the CF blades, and never tried the woodies a few times, but they were more of a headache if anything, and now all the sets are warped now anyway...LOL...

Watch in high quality :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy4n1Mf54k

~ Jeff

Old 02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
J-MICHAEL

But right before the 450 crash I flew the 500 around with a good flight, and finally flew in some good wind and it did very well.... Watch in high quality though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaa8M8vavHE

~ Jeff
Old 02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Carljw

Jeff
I should have posted a photo of me sober LOL gust kidding I only had about 4 Coors Lights.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPEE you still 39

Where does everyone get those Trex towles from.

Nice videos everyone good to see some flying on these cold snowy days.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It seemed like you had power right near the ground after it shut off for the 450. It also looked like you did a couple of nose down funnels with the 500.

Nick
Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Gotta check the vids tonight, at home...

The way you have your crash parts laid out, it looks like an NTSB investigtion...LOL

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Evan T.

Well guys I flew twice today and before the first flight I checked the servos and they did it again they went full back elevator and they've done that before and that was the reason I crashed was because it randomly did a back flip so now I'm gonna change the servos
Old 02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Hmmm...sounds familiar...[]

My B400 did that to me on it's 3rd battery pack out of the box...and it was really dangerous!! On mine, I was trying to lift off....and something didn't sound right...and I took a closer look, and the elevator servo was stuck rearward....[X(]

If I had applied alot of power, it would have come right back at me when it took off!! Lucky I noticed it...

I'm glad you found it before you crashed again....good thinking there...

Those stock servos have real issues...on mine, it just lost it's centering...so (like the noob I was) I just took the servo horn off, and put it back on the servo shaft in the right place...and it was OK...but I was later told how dangerous it could be if it did it again...

That's when I got my JR's and have not had a single problem yet, despite a couple of pretty brutal crashes with them...

I went with the JR DS285 MG (metal gear) servos...

Have you given any thought to what servos you might get?

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

NICE FLYING on the 500!!!

I see ya got some piros in the turns, and a little bit of nose in hovering too...

I gotta get mine out in a bigger place next time and do some sport flying like you are doing there, looks like you were having a blast!!

Great job, and the vids turned out well too...

That is strange what happened on the 450 flip....the motor obviously stopped, or close to it....and like Nick said, kinda sounded like it tried to come back to life at the very end...before the fatal impact...[sm=confused.gif]

Hmmm...hope you don't have some sort of electrical gremlin going on...that would not be good...[]

It's one thing to have that happen on an RC car....but with a helicopter...it's not acceptable!! [sm=omg_smile.gif]

Hope your reconstuction and investigation can turn something up...

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

After several hours of working on the DX7 and reading the book and make boocoo adjustments in the TX the OLD MAN just spooled the 600! and did two back yard hovers. Next time I'll video them

Happy FREAKING BIRTHDAY to me!

Peg, it don't get no better than this.........................as Al Bundy would say!

What a ride. Man that thing is stable PLUS. There some vibrations in it but I noted that belt seems way to loose and there are no balance stickers on the blades. Later one I'll tear into her and go through everything t make sure she is air worthy. To be honest not know the heli, I did stand back in the garage with the heli out on the flat rear driveway. I kinda used some good old fashion sence and stood BEHIND my F-350 Diesel for cover until I could see what this thing was gonna do. Dinner and choclate cake, and a hover, and money for more batteries.....................man am I lucky or WHAT?

JPEE
Old 02-02-2009, 07:29 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That sounds pretty cool on the motor KV rating...I guess you are simply making the motor into a small generator, and then measuring the output from there...

I guess you are using a calculator or chart of some type for the RPM to output conversion?

Wow, a 72mm motor....that is pretty large, for sure...so you would have to machine your own case for it?

Cool projects you have going there!

LOL, the extent of my projects is like when I told you that I generated a small current with my servo, by rotating the shaft rapidly, and the light on the receiver illuminated when I rotated it quickly...

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Sounds like you are having FUN on your B-day, for sure!

Yeah, now that you know it's not going to grenade or something, make us a VID SOON! LOL

Good idea on using the F-350 as armor....LOL[sm=omg_smile.gif]

If that thing lets a blade go or something, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it...that is for sure!!

Congrats on the maiden hover on the BEAST...

Happy Birthday....again !!

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey nick I'm not sure if you know much about the esky honeybee king 2 or anything about this setup

I know this guy hes offering me a esky honeybee king 2 with the following upgrades

3500KV Danlion brushless motor
30A Super Simple ESC
NEW Zippy 1500mah Lipo
ball links
43 tooth tail rotor upgrade

is there any forseen problems with this setup and such?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Sorry to hear about your servos.

JPEE,

Congrats on spooling up the 600. They are loud! My dad can hear me inside while I am flying in the back yard.

Good to hear you are enjoying your B-Day a lot.

Glenn,

Yeah I made it into a small AC generator.

My drill press spins at 1720RPM's, so I first had to convert it to a 1000RPM's. When the motor was spinning I read .438VRMS on the DVM. Then I had to convert that to peak Voltage by multiplying by 1.414. Then I had to take 95% of that. So I got .59V and mulitplyed that by 1000 then divided by 1720. And I got an equivalent Voltage of .342V. Then I took 1/.342X1000 and I got 2924KV.

The company only sells the stator for the big motor, so yeah I would need to machine the case and bearing holder. I saw a decent priced table top lathe at harbor freight, but I would rather use a CNC lathe at school in a couple of years.

I have a lot more projects I would like to do, but I am limited on funds after I got the 600. So I will have to put them on the back burner until I finish college.

Nick
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

The stuff he is offering with the heli looks like it takes care of the major problems with the stock heli. I think the only thing you would have to keep an eye on is the boom slipping back in the boom mount.

I think there are a couple of guys on the struggling with single rotors thread and maybe the Weee blade CP thread that have a HBK2. So you might ask there about the heli or on the E-Sky thread. I haven't really kept up on the HBK2 and I think they just came out with a HBK3.

Nick
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

all this talk about crashing jinxed me tonight, the honda civics right rear brake line broke while driving today :/
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Sorry to hear about your car.

Nick
Old 02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Wow, that is strange...how did that happen?

Was it the flexible rubber line that broke?

At least you didn't crash the car, like we have been doing with helis...lol[X(]

Let me know if you need any advice or help with it...

Glenn
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Evan T.

Jpee happy birthday I posted a long thing earlier telling you happy birthday but I got timed out and didn't feel like retyping it. I was on my iPod touch so I couldn't copy and paste it

Glenn I want the ds285mg's or 287mg's and if I can't save enough money to get those then the hs65mg's but I would like to have drop in servos you know what I mean
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys what do y'all use to pull the one way bearings out of your main gears I want to get the one out of the old main gear and put it in a main gear w/o a bearing thanks guys

Man the new battery has a lot more power than the old one and the headspeed is a lot higher too yeehaa lol
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I use this tool for my 450 one way bearings and I have a bigger one for my 600 one way bearing.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=408

Good to hear you like your new battery.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Cool that you like the new battery...and that it has more power, nothing like a brand new pack...

Sounds like you've done your research on the servos...I love my 285's, and as you already know, they drop right in... no problems..

I have heard of the 287's, what is the difference? Are they still the same outside dimensions?

I will probably eventually replace the ones on my spare B400...so I'll keep them in mind...

The 285 MG's were expensive, and I had a hard time forking over $150...but they have been well worth it in the long run...like the TV ad says..."set it and forget it"...LOL I haven't given those servos a second thought since I installed them...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Evan T.

I think they are different speeds but I'm not all the way sure I didn't really search it I just saw them in the hobby shop and stuff

Nick how does it work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.