Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

Cool, I was just wondering...I'll research it when the time comes I guess....my main concern would be if they are the same size, it's nice to have them drop right in, without filing the frame openings...

I need to get one of those tools for the one way bearing too...I have about 3 main gears that have good bearings...so I could remove the bearings and just get new gears, and save a bit of $$$ on main gears. The ones with the bearings in them are kinda expensive, like $9 or something...

Evan, I think the one goes on a flat surface, and supports the gear, and then you use the smaller piece to tap the one way bearing out...but I have never actually used one, Nick would know better...but I do know you have to be careful and pay attention to which way the bearing goes in ...

Glad your B400 is flying good after the rebuild...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Evan T.

yeah it was really windy today but I just had to fly lol that servo issue really dissapoints me I have like $130 dollars and I don't really want to risk crashing again because those stupid eflite servos
Old 02-03-2009, 01:00 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yeah the 287's are a lot faster. The 285's were fast enough for me. I am pretty sure they are both the same size.

To use the tool I put the hollow part on one side of the gear. Then I put the solid one on top of the bearing. Then I use a c-clamp and push the bearing out the other side. You can also use that tool to install the bearing into another main gear.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 AM
JPEE

Hey Evan, thanks for the B-day greetings!

Nick, you have been busy on the generator. Don't forget you want to wind up with "perpetual motion"......ying and yang when makeing your generators.

Helistyle, that God you and your wife were not hurt with that failed brake line.

Glenn, did youever find a way to get the bearings off the 400 motors? Before I toss it I wanted to tear it apart to see IF the main shaft is scared or not.

JPEE OUT
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Evan T.

well I need one of those tools.

So do you think I should get the 285's or 287's for the same price? Probably the 285's because I don't want to have to much expo it makes me feel like a newb lol I'm at 10% right now and I think I can lower it to 7 or so
Old 02-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Evan T.

JPEE,

I don't think you can replace the bearings in the stock motor I think the bearing is built around the shaft and outrunner and not actually a seperate bearing. If you are gonna replace the motor try out eflites new blade 400 upgrade motor and tell us how you like it I'm anxious to see if it's really as good as they make it look.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Since you are using expo right now I think the 287's would be too responsive for you.

If the motors are built like mine you could probably get to the bearings. You would need to pull the pinion off. Then you would probably need to apply a lot of force and pull the can(the part of the motor that spins) off. My E-Sky and my DIY motors the shaft is attached to the can, so that will come out as well. Then you would probably need to heat the bearing holders and pull the bearings out. They might use green loctite on the outside of the bearing. But with out the motor in front of me what do I know.

You could use a small socket to push the one way bearing out. Then have a bigger one on the other side to allow the one way bearing to fall out the other side.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Carljw

This is the part number for the Aligh one way bearing tool AGNA 1010 I got mine at Hobnby town for $5.49
Old 02-03-2009, 08:51 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

glen, what actually broke is where the brake line meets the hub of the wheel, that actual fitting that screws in, it was rusted, must have been slowly leaking brake fluid and never noticed it, what is really funny is I took the wheel off in the rear and cut the fitting off, crimped the line with locks and put more brake fluid in and drove it home 25 miles, not smart but the towing fee would have been a crazy amount, I would have told them to keep the car.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Evan T.

Yeah nick I knew what the can is I originaly used it in my paragraph to john but changed it to outrunner so it was easier to understand
Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

The stock motor will come apart, and you can replace the bearings, if the shaft is OK (prob not).[]

If memory serves me correctly, you remove the pinion, and then you will see a very small "C" clip on the motor shaft...once you remove (or lose it when it flies off...LOL) that little clip, you can separate the can from the rest of the motor. Then you will be able to see if there is damage to the shaft...

I didn't actually take the bearings out of mine, since the shaft was destroyed..it went back to Horizon..but it looks like the bearings could be replaced, but as Nick pointed out, they may require some work to get them out, if they are tight or loctited in....[]

Yeah, I agree with Evan, I would like to try, or see someone try the new Eflite motor (440H, I think?)...curious as to how it would be...but it prob uses the same bearings...[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Good work on the brake line...and it's a bit dangerous, but not really, since the rear brakes on a FWD car usually only do about 15% of the braking..prob didn't even notice it..lol

I forgot you are in CT....you guys get alot of road salt up there, prob causing the rust...we don't see that as much around here...

Hope you can make a permanent repair on the brake line...I think Honda sells them pre-bent to fit right on, and what a blessing that is!! I hate trying to make up brake lines from straight tubing, bending them, then applying a double flare on the end...like with most domestic cars....they don't usually offer pre bent lines...[>:]

Good luck with it...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Carljw

Glenn
I ordered a set of those blades from HeliDerict I thing you mentioned that you had to use shims there are 4 in the T500 kit did you use 2 on each blade.
I also got a lipo bag and the landing gear kit with the paddles. Are they the same as the stock gear that come with the T500 kit.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Yeah, you use 2 shims per blade, one on top, one on the bottom of each blade...nice of Align to include those...they didn't have to...

Not sure about the landing gear question, so I won't comment....[]

Good idea on the Lipo bag, I should (we all should, really) be using one...[X(]

Glenn

Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah, my uncle said he usually has to bent them, but if they make prebent ones thats even better, actually it almost felt like I had no brakes at all lol maybe there is something else wrong but there was a huge puddle of brake fluid on the back ground next to the right tire, hmmm cars lol
Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, it probably got low enough on fluid to get some air in the system...thus the low pedal...[]

Should be good once you get the line fixed, and bleed the system...

But, keep in mind that Honda's are notorious for master cylinder failures as well...so I would do the line repair, and bleed it and see where you are at from there...

Aren't you glad you didn't go to school for auto repair?..lol

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Had a minute at lunch, so I figured in case anyone didn't see these pic of my stock motor when I took it apart, I'd post them again...

Good thing for the nice macro on the digital cam...lol

You can see the damage to the motor shaft caused by the bad bearing... if it looks like this, there is not too much you could do...[]

If someone wanted, it could be fixed, by welding and then filing, machining, etc (like an automotive crankshaft can)...but it would most likely never be worth the trouble or expense...just toss it, and get a new one..[>:]

So, who's gonna be the guinea pig for the new Eflite motor? lol....

I think I would look elsewhere, it seems that the Eflite motor bearings leave a lot to be desired...I'd like to see a motor with larger, heavy duty bearings...

P. S. I think when you take the tiny "C" clip out to get the can off, there might be a shim or something to watch out for when you take it apart...it's been a while since I did mine...

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10937.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1126628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32756.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1126629  
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just did some test on my motor wired as a Delta and it is very inefficient. It is around 70% compared to the 92% when it was a WYE connection. So the WYE made more power because it was more efficient. But the Delta had 2400KV more and it sure screemed when I put a 3S on it. I don't think the bearings liked it too much.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is interesting about the differences in windings...the one site I was reading was saying that they didn't find much difference between delta and wye windings...but I was in some strange forum, and I think they were talking about appliance motors...lol

I'll bet that motor was screaming, running no-load like that!

Reminds me of my younger days in the auto shop, we used to spin up ball bearings (larger ones than our motors, about 1 1/2 inch OD) with an air hose nozzle pointed at the bearing cage (shields removed), and applied about 125 PSI of shop air to the bearing....LOL

Talk about an amazing noise...sounded like a jet engine at near full throttle when they get going..LOL[X(]

We stopped doing that after the shop foreman told us about a guy that messed his hand up really bad doing just that, when the bearing exploded in his hand...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

It was fun while it lasted...LOL

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Delta is supposed to spin faster and make more power. It is easy to get different KV values without having to re-wind the motor, by switching the connections from a Delta to a WYE, or a WYE to a Delta. My hand wound motor has a higher KV than my 5150 motor for the Gaui. LOL It would almost fit in there, but I can't fit a pinion on the shaft.

That is interesting about the bearings you spun with the air. I wish I had 125PSI in my high school machine shop, because I could have made my air engine spin really fast. But I only had 40PSI to run it.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here is something along the lines of what the bearings sound like when you zing 'em up....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qefEZ908pM

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That was pretty cool.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thought you might enjoy that....

The guy has a pretty cool idea with the cam gear on a bearing...and alot safer that spinning a bearing while holding it in your hand...lol[X(]

Still, there is some danger to it, I don't know if you saw his warnings in his description...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

No I didn't see his warning.

I just wound another Stator and I got 97% efficiency from it. I can't believe how efficient these little CDROM motors can be. Now if I could build one for one of my helis maybe I could fly longer.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are getting better at winding the motors...I wouldn't think you could get much better than 97% efficiency...

CDROM? Sounds like some thing that goes in a disc drive..lol?[X(]

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.