Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I just connected my motor that I wound yesterday as a Delta today. And it has 3W more than the Scorpion motor for the Gaui, which makes mine 223W at 95% efficiency. I thought it was kind of cool my motor can compete with a Scorpion. LOL

Nick
Old 02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome...sounds like you are really getting the hang of winding them well...

Now, if you could mass produce them inexpensively....lol

Easier said than done...unfortunately...lol[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah that would be awsome if I could sell the motors. That would be a great way to help pay for my college.

Nick
Old 02-05-2009, 12:02 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

i really wish I could just comprehend what i am doing wrong on right hand turns lol but in other news the honda is fine now, only cost 25 bucks to get it fixed, for the two rear brake lines, that is what my uncle charger me lol not to bad at all. He replaced both rear

whats everyone else up to?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Did you vote in the poll yet? lol [X(]

That is great that you got the Honda fixed that cheaply, and a good idea on both rear lines, the other one probably wasn't far behind the rusted out one...I guess the master cylinder will be OK for a while, at least, if you were able to get all the air out...

I have a hard time with left turns, and it's the same thing, can't quite figure out why it's so much harder for me to do them than the right hand turns...

I think it comes with time, and lots and lots of practice...

It's fun to fly what you feel comfortable with, but it's more like work to make yourself do the things that you find difficult...

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Good to hear your Honda is fixed.

I just have been doing homework and gathering as much data on the motors I have wound for the last couple of days. The weather looks like it will be great for the rest of the week, so I will probably fly as much as I can.

Nick
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that your weather is looking good...

I've got an awesome forcast for the weekend, but I have to work on Saturday. Maybe I can get some flights in the afternoon, after work, since I get off at 3 PM, and it's staying light outside a little longer now...

There is always Sunday too, maybe I can fly then. It would be nice if it wasn't windy, I'd love to fly the Gaui some...kinda miss it...lol[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Carljw

Glenn
I got my HeliDirect order 2 days there fast. I ck the ballance on the blades and they are perfect.
Went to Hobby town last night and ordered the 9257 tail servo I had a 10..00 off cupon so i figured i use
it before it expired, I should have it next week. Next the GY410 and that will be it.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Yeah, Helidirect has excellent service, I've always been happy with them...

Good to hear that you balance your blades, I do too, and believe that it definitely helps keep the heli nice and smooth..

Mine were also very close in balance, I think I had to add one strip of scotch tape to one blade...not bad blades for the price, can't hardly beat 'em...

Sounds like you are getting real close, keep us posted.

Hopefully, you'll have it up in the air by the time the ice melts...lol

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It is already 50 degrees out side here and the wind isn't too bad. So I might get out later and fly.

Good to hear you are going to have good weather. I hated working on weekends. I am glad I switched over to working on trucks only so I get the weekends off, but I make less. Least there is less stress than my last job.

Have fun with the Gaui if you get a chance to fly it.

Nick
Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Sup boys....... Its been nice here for the past 5 days, and e few days were in the lower 60's ! I've been busy, so I haven't been flying but will start to put the 450 back together tonight from the last mishap since I have some time...

Carl ~

Those Trex towels I have 2 and got from my LHS... I use one for working on my heli, and the other for keeping clean and nice... $4.99 a piece, and I know I saw them I think on Heliproz, or HeliDirect's website. Can't remember.... HeliDirect is my number #1 site for ordering stuff... It gets to my house in 2 days everytime...

~ Jeff

Old 02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool to hear you have been having great weather.

I also like Helidirect a lot. It is always the first place I look when I need parts.

I wish my one way bearing would come soon. It sounds like the place I ordered it from is a one person buisness. Then if it wasn't already made I can imagine it would take a few days to make it and ship it out.

Nick
Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I just went out to go fly the Ember and the rudder servo is stripped. It isn't like I can crash it hard into the ground, so I have no idea why it is stripped.

Have you experienced anything like that with your Vapor?

Nick
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about the Ember, hope you can get it fixed to fly it some...

Did you change jobs, or just positions in the same place? I know, I HATE working Saturdays, it's almost like I worked for 2 weeks straight, one day off in two weeks isn't any fun..[]

Jeff,

HEY! Was wondering what you were up to...was getting worried...was thinking "if he's like JPEE, when he's this quiet, he's gotta be up to something" LOL

Sorry to hear 'ya been so busy..me too, I have not even torn down the 500 yet to see what I need for it yet..[X(]

Hope you can get the 450 up and running in time for the weekend, if you have decent weather...

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 06:26 PM
JPEE

Waz Happening,

Did not get to the LHS for the motor bearings today, got busy witha customers bathroom fan R&R, tomorrow forsure! Tonight I willl do an inventory for 402 from its "darting" earlier this week so if I am short on any parts I can do one buy while at the LHS tomorrow.
I showed a guy the bearings on the 400 motor and he said they are "shielded" not sealed so they do need to me be lubercated. So with that said it appears that a tear down and maintenance of bearings is someting to start putting on the schedule.
Raining like cats and dogs here for hours. I feel like I closed my eyes and woke up in Washington with Jeffs weather! LOL

We are looking at rain for four days they say! Time to take out the SIM I guess.

JPEE
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I might have to send in my servo/receiver/ESC board into horizon to fix the servo. My dad was thinking my LHS might send in my plane and I could get one for free from them. I will have to call them and see what they can do.

Shorty after I discovered my stipped servo on the Ember I gracefully landed the 450 inverted in the grass. LOL I flew a little too long and I couldn't hear the LVC kick in, so the power just shut off. Luckily nothing broke or bent. The only thing that happened was some covering came off of a blade.

Yeah I ment I changed positions at the same place.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear it is raining a lot for you.

I lubricate my motor bearings every 4-5 flights. I can only get to the top bearing, so I kind of neglect the bottom bearing. So I hope it lasts awhile before needing to be replaced.

Nick

Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Are you speaking to the 600 bearings?......................or the 450.

Do you use a hypo to squeeze a few drops on it or do you remove them and soak them over night like some guys do?

NICK! ! ! ! I thought I told you NOT to mow the lawn anymore, it is to short now! Seriously, I glad there was little to no damage. Have you ever considered oneof the those LV HORNS that sounds off at LV while your flying?

JPEE

Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That's too bad on the Ember servo, if you have to send it into Horizon, hopefully, the hobby shop will help, although I don't think they are obligated to...

Mine helped me when my first MCX servo was bad, right out of the box...they had another one sitting there waiting for me the next day...that is great service, esp since that was when MCX's were very hot, and scarce.

It does pay off to shop at your LHS....I think they helped me out so quickly because I have purchased a CX2, two CPP's, a B400, and a DX6i from them... and then the MCX,LOL, they probably made enough on me to GIVE me another MCX..[X(]

Good luck with the LHS, I'll be curious how it turns out...

Glad nothing worse happened when you were trimming the lawn...lol

It is very difficult to get to the lower bearing on a B400, I occasionally put a drop of oil in the upper bearing when I think about it...

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 07:55 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I try and lubricate all my bearings on the 450 and 600 every 4-5 flights. It couldn't hurt and is cheaper than having to replace them.

I just use the Tri-Flow bottle with straw like thing and that makes it easy to get to all the bearings.

I couldn't help mowing the lawn. It is easier than pushing a mower around. I flew longer in idle up 2 and didn't think much of it until the power shut off. I normally fly in idle up 1, so I had my timer set for that.

Nick
Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I finally took the 500 apart for an inspection of last weekend's damage...and it's not too bad, but more than I thought at first...

Looks like I need the front torque tube gear set, which I knew, and the autorotation gear, but I didn't see the rear torque tube gear that was chipped, so I'll need that too...

The 500 parts add up quickly..lol.. looks like about $35 or so, which still isn't bad, really. But I was thinking about a new yellow canopy too...so that will bring it up close to $100 with shipping..[X(]

People must be having tailblade strikes with their new 500 ESP's alot...lol...only Heliproz has the front gearset, Helidirect is sold out of front and rear gearsets, and Readyheli is out of front gearsets too...

So, I'll probably order the stuff soon, so I can rebuild it next weekend...

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

+ 1 main gear set....lol...had one chipped tooth...almost missed it..

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
JPEE

Gotcha Nick,

Hey Glenn, you advise for me to get two sets of rear tail gears for the 500 paid off. No I haven't needed them but after your story I am glade I have them on reserve.

I just finished moments ago my 402 tear down

Flybar
Boom
Blades
F-shaft
Main shaft
1 blade grip
I dont add the $$ it justs make me feel bad.................................
JPEE
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

I just went out to go fly the Ember and the rudder servo is stripped. It isn't like I can crash it hard into the ground, so I have no idea why it is stripped.

Have you experienced anything like that with your Vapor?

Nick

Nick ~

I have heard when I was doing research a few months ago before buying my Vapors, that the Embers had problems with there servo's from a lot of folks who had them... I would have thought that they might have fixed the problem, as they seem pretty similiar to the Vapor and MCX servo's but supposively not... Horizon should replace it for you with no probs I'am guessing... I haven't had any probs yet with the servo's on the MCX or Vapors yet...

Took the 450 up for a flight in my small yard just now for a test flight, and also the 500... The 500 is so darn stable in a small space its sick !...LOL... Replaced a lot of stuff, main-bearings, new GY401 sticky tape, lost 17.87 grams more in weight etc. etc. Flies good, but under load the Common-Sense motor was weak with power, and no idle up would work... I put in the Jazz Esc to verify and still no power... Put in my stock Trex 450 SA motor in, and bam.... She's back with power, but hardly since the motor is stock... The Jazz governor just rocks in keeping the headspeed very steady, and I was testing in some killer wind gusts... Kinda fun...LMAO... In the future, I'll have to get a Scorpion motor for her. Forgetting to hit throttle hold on the last crash probably did her in... Better the motor than the $80.00 CC esc... The Jazz is nice for a change to try out for a bit, but I still don't think its worth the $180.00 price tag they want for it. I still like the Castle ESC better...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Sorry again about your 402 crash...[]

It's getting to the point with the B400 crashes, that we might as well just get a rubber stamp for the parts list, it always seems to be the same stuff...lol

Yeah, I also got a spare set of the rear gears for the TT, but I'm going to keep them "in stock" for a light tail strike...the strike I had on Sunday was a major tail strike...so it's a little more involved...

I'm almost tempted, (but not quite) to just go ahead and get the TT kit...you get the whole shootin' match for $80...but there is probably some stuff in there I would never need...would be better to order the stuff I just broke x3 I think...

Anyways, looks now like about a $50 tail strike...as Jeff would say..."YIKES"!!

But, as usual, I will be getting two main gears, and two auto gears, etc...so it's not as bad when you look at it that way...

Glenn
Old 02-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys no flying in to days it's to windy and it's supposed to be 15-25 mph tomorrow so that doesn't sound good either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.