Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

My 450 canopy kind of looks like yours. I have a brand new one that I have only used twice in a couple of months. I just keep thinking I will have another crash, but knock on wood I haven't for awhile when trying new things inverted. I did my first fast foward inverted figure 8 today. That was a blast. I started to try a fast backwards inverted figure 8, but I still need some more practice going slow. Then I get to learn it all over again going the other direction. LOL

Glenn,

The normal fun fly only lasts two hours, so after that the 450's are allowed to come out and fly. By then all the kids and most of the adults are gone. So there is a lower chance of someone getting hurt. I will just have to watch out for the begginer flyers and stay away from them. The president of the club said someone ran some sort of 400 sized into the wall once. I will probably be just hovering mine, unless there is hardly anyone there. Then I will probably do some more advanced stuff.

Cool to hear you had great weather and had time to fly 3 times today.

JPEE,

I knew my stuff wasn't going to sell at the price I would like, so I set my expectations low and all of my stuff sold at that price or higher. The people who bought my Belt CP and charger/balancers got an amazing deal.

Nick
Old 02-07-2009, 09:43 PM
JPEE

Jeff, STARWARS helmet.

Nick, on the second charge when the charger shut off the cells were
pack 1

25.15 volts

total mAh put back to the two packs 1,179

Now that the packs have rested............this was at
12.6 volts....................That is acceptable YES?

I used the other battery so we'll wait and see on the next double pack charge.

JPEE
Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, STARWARS helmet.

JPEE ~

LOL ! It reminds me of a coalminers contraption on the ol' head... When I wear my baseball cap, its not very noticeable (SP) However..... I bet they spot you at the field before me !... LMAO...

Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
JPEE

Jeff, it saddens me to think you are that jelious of my Helmet cam. But I guess as they say "copy cat" is the highest praise one can give to another. Your picture of my helmet cam is soooooooo yesterday! This is new my chick magnet for the flying field. Eat your heart out kid! I can see what I just took videos of as my viewer windwo is free and clear!!!

JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61334.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1129921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22022.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1129922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48308.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1129923  
Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your cells shouldn't go over 4.21V. If they are it needs more time on the blinky. Then once those Voltages above 4.21V go to 4.21V or below you can charge it again to bring the pack closer to a full charge.

Nick
Old 02-07-2009, 11:13 PM
theradioflyer

Hey... that's what mine looks like[:@] I like your idea better. I think I'll be trying that here shortly. I have three junk hardhats laying around and that latest is one that I left on a job that got some graffiti that says " HELLO KITTY" across the front Got to love on the job pranks but now I have a good head band to mount a camera to.

God Bless ya Jeff!

Jay
Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
JPEE

10-4 Nick,

I put the Blinkies on the higher two packs with cells at 4.26 THANKS!

JPEE
Old 02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
J-MICHAEL

This is new my chick magnet for the flying field. Eat your heart out kid.

LOL...! Hek, you don't need that to attract the ladies ! Your handsome enough just by your ol' plain self....... [8D] But on a serious note, I like the modification VERY much to your hat cam ! Cool JPEE....

Jay ~

You out snoopin' around again.... Yeah, we want some more videos from ya when all that snow and ice dissapears for ya.

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Oh..... I think I may be sick, as I have one of my CPP's on the workbench for a tune-up ! YIKES.......! Gotta always remember where ya started from right ?! [8D]

Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Hey... that's what mine looks like[:@] I like your idea better. I think I'll be trying that here shortly. I have three junk hardhats laying around and that latest is one that I left on a job that got some graffiti that says " HELLO KITTY" across the front Got to love on the job pranks but now I have a good head band to mount a camera to.

God Bless ya Jeff!

Jay

Jay ~

Sounds good for the helmet cam. I got my harness from a screen type face shield I use for weed eating... It works great, and I've been using it like this for almost a year and a half. If you didn't want to put velcro on your camera you could also just use velcro straps to wrap around it as I've tried it that way, but I just decided to fill half the viewfinder with a piece of velcro as I don't use the camera to view the movies as you can hardly see them anyway, and everything else I need to see is still not a problem. I like the quickness & convenience of just slapping the camera on the velcro and your ready to go within a second or two, and taking it off is the same which I like to grab the camera off quickly and use it to take pics if necessary. It's lightweight, and easy to carry...

I need to get a skinnier camera so then it would be more sleek when its propped on your forehead and such...LMAO... The cool thing though, is having it right there by your forehead is that everything you see will be right in sight with the camera being more in-line for filming. I found for my camera that one click in works the best. If I go two clicks the heli can be out of frame once in awhile, but I imagine every camera may be different... If you wear your baseball cap, its hardly noticeable except for the camera being there...

You should contrapt one together before Spring gets here !

Take care,

~ Jeff

Old 02-08-2009, 08:56 AM
theradioflyer

I'm going to give it another try. I like your idea instead of having it way up top.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 02-08-2009, 01:48 PM
JPEE

Glenn, Jeff,

I just got an emial from YOUR TUBE of you last videos being posted, like a week ago LOL. Man oh man do they drag therif eetover there. Jeff , this was you 500 flight and 450 crash. Glenn, your were the 500 hard set down and the the 400 flips. Talk about late postings??

HEY JAY!!!! lets see what ya come up with for your helmet cam mount. Your statments sould like your in construction like me of some type. When I first started this quest I tried 16 penny nails but they bent and would not go through my hard head to hold the camera lol. I found that if I used galvies, they held better in my skull.. LOL

JPEE
Old 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I think I saw another pro pilot on G4. I have never heard of him, but his name is andy weber. Here is a video of him flying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbOvgnfffM

Nick
Old 02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: JPEE
HEY JAY!!!! lets see what ya come up with for your helmet cam mount. Your statments sould like your in construction like me of some type. When I first started this quest I tried 16 penny nails but they bent and would not go through my hard head to hold the camera lol. I found that if I used galvies, they held better in my skull.. LOL

JPEE
JPEE, try an air stapler... it stings at first but holds well Interior construction for me~ steel stud framing, drywall hanging and finishing.
What kind of construction do you do?

I was bored today and no parts for the HBKII yet so I decided to build a head cam. I used Jeff's idea but used a welders helmet. I fixed so aluminum angle to make it so I could use the tripod screw hole on the bottom. This way I still have full view of the LCD screen and my wife won't be mad at me for sticking velcro on her camera. Hopefully I'll give it a test run soon.

Blessings,

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33277.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1130444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36425.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1130445  
Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, that is a cool video, or more so, the audio!

That must be a big heli to have blade noise like that, it reminds me of the one guy at the field that day with a big .90 nitro, those things make some impressive noise!

Thanks for the link...judging by the comments, he must be from overseas?

Glenn
Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

WOW that's the nicest hat cam I've seen yet ! Cool..... Now we need some video.... Plank or heli will be fine.... I took up the 500 today in my small yard, had to scope out the neighborhood. Told ya I have close neighbors !

Old 02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Did you take the 500 up with a cam on board?[X(]

Wow, that is a cool view!

Glenn
Old 02-08-2009, 06:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't know where that pilot is from, but he seemed like a cool guy. It took the time to talk to people on G4 and watch some people fly and gave compliments to them.

Nick
Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got back from my fun fly. It was only 30min, so that was a bummer. I flew 3 of my 4 packs, so it wasn't a total waste. There were 2 B400's, a Lama 4, and a CPP flying. An employee of my LHS got to fly the LHS's B400, so that is a cool perk. On my last flight I got the whole gym to myself again, so I had a blast on that flight.

Nick
Old 02-08-2009, 09:14 PM
JPEE

Nick, GLAD YOU HAD FUN AT THE FUN FLY

That video was SICK man. The guy is good! Did you do a Google search on him to see who he is?

Jay,
Air Stapler are you CRAZY!................................that'll never work. I am talken about my Potor Cable Framer Dude! ! ! 16 galvies all the way. I dont want my forhead to rust or something. Retired out from the State of Cal Unv. System as a their Housing Dept. Plant Operations Director. I started their a life time ago mowing lawns and worked my way up. Drywall, metal stud, framing, electrcial, welder gas /arc/wire, A/C, (light plumbing, hated it). Got board after retirement 4 years ago do I opened a small home repair business and have been doing that for the past 4 years. Today I had to R&R a Nutone bathroom exhust fan/heater and replace the motor. You know fences, gates, can lights and such. Whatever one guy can do.

Guys: I went over again and flew the second CX3 that my buddy was given from the hobby shop. It flys much better but still has critcal tail seizures( intermintent sharp wag). By design you have to slip the battery down in past center then you back it up to the holder. Then you try to fish the motor wire out to hook it up, a pain in the a**. The body is one piece. Break or crack it $35.00s its gone! At least with a CX2 to have two sections that make repairs easy and keep the cost down. A CX2 Red body is $24.00 complete.
Oh...did I mention to pull the motors and chassis out you must pull off the flybar, all blades, skids and then pull the drive train out the bottom, much much more difficult than a CX2. The thing looks so ******* but everything else suffers. On a scale 1-10 I give it #4.

JPEE
Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Oh, I forgot that the president of the club brought a fishing net that he could throw on a run away heli. LOL Good for people, but bad for the heli.

I tried googling him, but a bunch of other people with that name popped up.

That is dissapointing about the CX3. I was imagining it was like a CX2, but with a new gyro and body.

Nick
Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
JPEE

Nick,

The LHS touted the new Gyro but I flew my CX2 right then, then his CX3 and I saw no difference other than the CX3 has that tail spuratic not constant jump or tick, kind like a twitch but more adn you never know when its coming.

Jeff, great ariel pictures!

Jay, all that talk about jobs I forgot to say NICE cam mount. Let me know how she works for ya.

JPEE

Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That sounds cool on the fun fly, except for being so short on time...but at least you got in 3 packs, and one to youself, which sounds like fun!

LOL on the fishing net!

How were the B400's doing in the fun fly?

Glad you had a good time again...

Glenn
Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

nick what did you end up getting for the belt cp?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The people that were flying the B400's were just hovering because they were beginners. It was interesting actually seeing one in real life flying. I just have seen them on the net and yours and JPEE's flying on youtube.

Helistyle,

My Belt CP sold for $80. It was one heck of a deal for the person who bought it. It had some expensive electronics and upgraded aluminum parts.

Nick
Old 02-08-2009, 11:14 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

damm, I would have bought that for $80

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.