Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Helistyle,

It needed a transmitter, receiver, and batteries. That could have easily been $200+ more.

Nick
Old 02-08-2009, 11:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Jeff,

Did you take the 500 up with a cam on board?[X(]

Wow, that is a cool view!

Glenn

Glenn ~

Well I had to check the gutters, so I made it fun and quick and used the heli to run a perimeter around the roofline and used my old school camera that I use for my helmet cam to do this.... I've tried it on the 450 and it did ok back in Cali, but I could feel the extra 247 grams from the camera ! With the 500 I couldn't tell a diff at all... I placed it DIRECTLY under the main shaft to keep the CG centered and it worked so well... To perfect in fact, and was impressed... My next video will be with the onboard cam mounted. Can't wait !

I may get paid from a guy who wants some simple shots of some construction projects he has going for a website he's developing... Maybe it will pay for a few spare parts... Or better yet, a better camera.

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Oh.... JPEE, You got a killer camera, and its light to boot... I say go for it ! [8D]
Old 02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Carljw

All T500 owners
Ck out the canopy holder mod on the T500 HeliFreak thread. I just did it to mine and now the canopy does not even come close to the gears.
Plus the canopy goes on easy plus its adjustable LOL.
Anyone know where to get a cheep servo tester. I have a lot of servos and it would be nice to be able to test the throw and center them
on the bench.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

All T500 owners
Ck out the canopy holder mod on the T500 HeliFreak thread. I just did it to mine and now the canopy does not even come close to the gears.
Plus the canopy goes on easy plus its adjustable LOL.
Anyone know where to get a cheep servo tester. I have a lot of servos and it would be nice to be able to test the throw and center them
on the bench.

Carl ~

I went and checked that out. Pretty cool... I always wondered why your canopy was so close to the gears, as mine from the beginning was plenty far away from those gears... Well... I discovered this, and that is my newer orange ESP canopy sits out away from the gears... My yellow one which I never had on except for in the very beginning of the build sits right next to the gears ! I just put it on, to see why yours is so close... Now I see what your saying. LOL... I did use a couple of those silver washer cup thingy's with the canopy holder rods to help give the canopy a puffier look instead of so narrow and skinny from when I did the build however.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

ahhh lol
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
evdreamer

The wind just split my wooden fence in half. Maybe 5-7 posts split at the base of the cement, so the fence was rocking back and forth like waves in the ocean. I just got done helping my dad brace the fence for the time being.

Flying is probably not an option today. LOL
Old 02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow!

That must have been some wind! Hope the fence can be fixed without too much trouble...

Yeah, I would tend to thing that would be a good sign not to fly an R/C helicopter...lol

Glenn
Old 02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

I am sure you Dad knows what to do with the fence. But I do these all of the time. I used to dig out the old concrete which then took alot more concrete to fill the large hole from the digging. Fence post are 8 foot centers. So just move over to clear soil and make the first run at 10 feet then every post after that back to 8 foot centers. I just abondon the old post and concrete in the soil, customerslike it as this method saves them money!

CARL: nice information on the 500 canopy spreader.

The rain just stopped 30 min ago and the skys are blue and of course THE WIND is blowing again

JPEE
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah my dad probably knows what to do, but it will probably take a long time for him to get motivated to fix it.

Nick
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I am charging two 3 cells again right now. The blinkies are going but I have been taking radom voltage tests. The TP charger reads 25.20 volts

Pack 1 Pack II
4.26 4.26
4.19 4.13
3.86 3.86
*12.3 *12.2

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92913.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1131638  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, I have a serious question to ask you guys?

Do yo find it or do you think it would be easier to do right hand turns on a bigger heli, or do nose in hovering?

I'm getting the hang out it, but finding it hard to do on my palm size walkera 4#3b fixed pitch heli, and im thinking of hanging it up and just buying a blade 400 now, I have had it, and I think im going to dish out the money for one lol

Would like your guys opinion on it, or do you think it wouldn't be any different on a 400?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

You will probably have to relearn how to fly by going to a B400. That is what I had to do when coming from a CX to the Belt CP. I had to relearn how to fly tail in first then the other orientations. The B400 will probably be more sensitive to inputs compared to your fixed pitch. You will be able to do it, but it will take some time.

Nick
Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

That is a kinda tough question! The basics for making right hand turns and nose it are more or less the same for a small heli, and a larger one...for example, I don't think it's a whole lot easier for me to make left hand (my difficult direction) turns with the B400 than the Gaui 200....

But, on the other hand, the B400 is a much more stable heli, and things just happen slower on bigger helis, so that might be a big plus...at least it would be more predictable in turns and nose it, etc, because it is less twitchy, and more stable...

I personally think that with your experience with the CPP, you would love a tamed down B400 (low headspeed, some radio adjusments to make it less responsive, etc.). With the belt driven tail, and larger size, it would be like night and day over your old CPP days..not to mention the nice radio too...

Out of the box, the B400 is pretty intimidating, with it's high headspeed, and radio setup, etc. But it can be tamed down to a nice, calm, easy flying heli with the proper setup, which I think would be an ideal heli to practice your right hand turns and some nose in once you get accustomed to it....

I think you would love a B400, as I've said all along!!

Evan, one of the regulars on our (your..LOL) forum here is doing great with his B400, and he was brought up on a CPP too...lol..I think he logged 58 flights without a crash...not a bad record, and he sounds like he's getting very comfortable with it now too...

Just my 2 cents, I say go for it!!

Glenn
Old 02-09-2009, 10:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Your liking that TP charger aren't ya big guy ?! Oh.... I remember on my Common-Sense Blinky after I had it for a bit I noticed it would get warm and start to want to try and melt the plastic protective covering that's covering it, so I removed it and it doesn't even get hardly warm now. I couldn't see smothering the electronics with the plastic and holding in the heat. I was kinda worried about exposing the board to an open environment, but I'am careful with it and it has been working for just over a year now. I just thought I'd throw that out there for ya, as I've heard of some guys burning there's up as they got to warm....

Glad the rain might be letting up hopefully... Snowing here a bit..

Heli ~

I would think it would be easier on the 400 than the smaller heli... In my last video I could do nose in hovering with the Trex 500, but hardly can still do it on the Trex 450 if that helps ya any...

Nick ~

Dang, sorry about the fence... Sounds like the wind got pretty nasty ! I'am thankful we hardly have any wind here as my dad's house in Cali at his house when I was there it was windy everyday.

Glenn ~

Hopefully your getting the 500 back to a flight status soon... [8D]

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 02-09-2009, 10:49 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think the winds were close to 50MPH today. When I was out side I was thinking how far the Ember would get blown away. It was kind of a weird thought, but I couldn't help myself.

Nick
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Wow ! When I read your post earlier, I was thinking funny thoughts also and thinking if ya had a Vapor you could launch it raw and unpowered, and watch it fly away....
Old 02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I finally ordered my 500 parts last night...the only place that had everything in stock was Heliproz...I have dealt with them before, and had very good results, they are a top notch outfit, for sure...

Ordered two of the front gearsets, since that is what everyone else was out of...main gears, auto gears, one set of the rear gears, since I have one set in stock...and a nice YELLOW canopy, the one you hate so much!!

It's funny, when you were drooling all over the ESP canopy, I was liking the stock yellow canopy that you hated!![X(] To each his own, as they say!

The only thing I noticed at Heliproz was that they were missing some pictures of the items, including the canopy....so I got the canopy number from Helidirect (which was out of stock), and made sure I was ordering the right one...

I also ordered a set of stainless steel screws from RCscrewz, as I kinda planned all along, to just kinda replace them on the first or second rebuild...lol...I may just do them all this weekend, especially if the weather is not cooperative...

Let's see some more on-board camera work when you get a chance again !!!

Glenn
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Oh your going to love the RC-Screwz !!!!!!!! There so tough... You can wrench em' down HARD... I love that especially for our rear tail cases that we don't want to fall off in flight ! I've been checking mine, as I haven't pinned it down and so far so good...

Funny about the canopy... I actually put it on pretty much for the first time today from reading Carl's post and now it sits in the living room so I can stare at the new looks for a bit... Just not liking it though...LMAO... But it works eh ?!.. On my Trex 450 yellow canopy its hard sometimes to see it in flight as the yellow is a lighter color like the sky and I have issues everytime with orientation. I should try the 500's yellow one sometime and see if it may be the same, as I'am not sure with that particular one... But I do LOVE the orange on the other canopy as it is a darker brighter color against the sky and I'am spoiled by it.

But let me know if it's better, when ya try in case I don't try my 500's yellow one out...

Take care Glenn,

~ Jeff
Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Your liking that TP charger aren't ya big guy ?! Oh.... I remember on my Common-Sense Blinky after I had it for a bit I noticed it would get warm and start to want to try and melt the plastic protective covering that's covering it, so I removed it and it doesn't even get hardly warm now. I couldn't see smothering the electronics with the plastic and holding in the heat. I was kinda worried about exposing the board to an open environment, but I'am careful with it and it has been working for just over a year now. I just thought I'd throw that out there for ya, as I've heard of some guys burning there's up as they got to warm....

Glad the rain might be letting up hopefully... Snowing here a bit..

Heli ~

I would think it would be easier on the 400 than the smaller heli... In my last video I could do nose in hovering with the Trex 500, but hardly can still do it on the Trex 450 if that helps ya any...

Nick ~

Dang, sorry about the fence... Sounds like the wind got pretty nasty ! I'am thankful we hardly have any wind here as my dad's house in Cali at his house when I was there it was windy everyday.

Glenn ~

Hopefully your getting the 500 back to a flight status soon... [8D]

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Jeff, I have been having a heck of time with the TP. I use a "in series" pig tail to bring me up at a 6S 24 vt. I set the TP to 1800 mAh at 24 vt 6S. I then put on the two Blinky's. If you look hard at my numbers above the packs WILL NOT balance. The Blinky's go Yellow at the end and just sit there. Then my cells are at 4.1, 4.0, 3.99. Then the TP shuts down and both batteries are like that. I then take them and put them on my other chargers and they take MORE mAh and get close like 4.1 4.2 4.1 If I take one of the poorly balanced packs and put it on the TP alone it does come up more, but "never" like the other chargers take them to which is dang near perfect! I am very frustrated. I have done as you suggested and Blinkied them before putting them on to charge and there is no difference, I get the same out of balance condition. SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am scared to death to put the TP on my new 6S 5000 mAh T-600 packs. If it cannot do a good job on "A" or "both" 3S packs I cannot afford it to crap up my new 6S cells

Glenn, glad you got your stuff on order.

Helistyle, I think you'll love a 400, I have two of them for daily fliers and they are great!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That's weird about your issues. I'am not to familiar honestly with the TP 1010c charger, and only really use it for my 5-cell TP packs. I think I tried it once in Cali for my 3-cells but remembering something was weird or maybe it was something I didn't understand, but since then I've just been using my Accu-Cycle since I'am familiar with it and it has given me no probs ever... I haven't had any probs however with the 5s lipo's though when I use the TP charger for that...

~ Jeff
Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

It appears that now the packs after my other chargers too have shut off the numbers read like this

Pack 1 Pack II
4.09 4.26
4.09 4.13
4.01 12.4
Old 02-10-2009, 12:41 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff,

It appears that now the packs after my other chargers too have shut off the numbers read like this

Pack 1 Pack II
4.09 4.26
4.09 4.13
4.01 12.4

JPEE ~

Well you know way more than I do my friend. I've never 'measured' my cells individually on my lipo packs ever since I've been into this hobby. I have no way of doing so I think... I don't have a balancer or charger that shows what the cells are at individually. I've just been using my one blinky for the past 14 months, and all my packs including my old CX2 and CPP packs still offer good flight times and I've never had one puff yet. (knock on wood) I really need to research and take the time to know how to do this in time. That's why I just buy a lot of batts for the 450 and 500, so I can just charge them up at night and there ready for flight whenever I'am ready. 4-5 flights a day draining the batts for the 450 and 500 is enough for me anyhow, and I don't mind charging one at a time with the blinky which does take time.. I know, I'am a nut....LMAO...

I do have one of these new cheap meter things that I've had for awhile now, and I know NOTHING about it, but did use it for the first time in my life last night to test some AA batts for Kelly. It worked good for that, and was pretty cool... Not sure if it could be used however for testing my cells however on my lipo's though. (pic below)

Most the time when you guys are talking about all this stuff, it goes over my head and that's why you don't see me comment much or helping someone out regarding such matters...So just some FYI for ya... Don't look at me for some suggestions...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

To measure individual cells I put the leads of the Voltmeter on the back side of the balance connector. It is almost impossible to do on TP connectors, but really easy on E-Flite balance connectors. Just put the black lead on the black wire of the connector. Then put the red lead on the wire right next to the black wire. Set your Voltmeter to 10VDC since it would be the easiest to read on the readout. Now you have the Voltage of the first cell. Then move the Voltmeter leads over one wire and you have the Voltage of the next cell. And keep doing that until the red lead of the Voltmeter is on the red wire of the connector. I could draw a picture later today if you wanted me too.

You can test the real KV rating of your motors with your meter. If your meter was able to read higher currents I could tell you how to find how much current the motor wastes, the max power, and the efficiency.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I just placed an order with Helidirect for the same parts that I ordered from Heliproz on Sunday...[>:]

Heliproz gave me free shipping, but today I got an email, and they sent my stuff UPS GROUND...with and ETA of February 16th, next Monday...[]

I definitely want to do the rebuild this weekend, and at least get a test hover in...so I ordered the stuff from Helidirect, and got USPS Priority, so it should be here for the weekend rebuild...

I figure in the long run, I'll probably need those parts again, sooner or later...kinda part of the game with helis, as we all know!!

I'll plan more carefully next time. But I will say that the Priority was really expensive, $11. 50 or something, on a $65 order....[>:]

I guess everything is more expensive these days...lol

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear Heliproz sent your stuff by UPS ground. I am still waiting for my one-way bearing. It has been a week and a half since I ordered it. I haven't been charged for it, so I am closely watching my statements.

It is great outside today, so I am charging my airplane batteries right now.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.