Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick ~

THANKS for that info... I saved it, but actually I can remember how to do that as its pretty simple.... Cool... I'am going to check all my cells tonight when I get home, and see what's going on in those little cells.... I always wondered how accurate the blinky is, so this will shed some new light hopefully... I'am excited to check them ! I'll let ya guys know if any of the packs are out of whack and such...

Glenn ~

I use HeliDirect priority mail everytime... It gets to me in 2 days everytime, and once it took 3 days.... It didn't matter if I was in Cali, or Washington. I love HeliDirect... Sorry you had to place another duplicate order, but don't complain....Kinda sweet !

Go play that song by Bobby Mcferrin....."Don't Worry Be Happy"......LOL.....

~ Jeff
Old 02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I should have read the fine print on the free shipping, but I figured that even UPS ground would be here this weekend if I ordered Sunday night....but oh well, what can you do?

Sorry to hear that your one way bearing has not arrived....have you gotten any order confirmation from them at all?

That is what I dislike about Helihobby, I never get any kind of confirmation, so I am always in the dark about where my order is, or when it will arrive..[>:]

Good to hear your weather took a nice turn for the better, which plane are you charging up, the Ember?

Jeff,

I originally was going to go with Helidirect, or Readyheli, but both were out of the front gearsets...so Iwent with Heliproz this time.

It's no biggie, really, now I'll have plenty in stock !!

I also added the torque tube to the order, which I didn't order from Heliproz, kinda threw that in there for good measure, even though I don't think mine got damaged...[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got a confirmation at the end of the ordering process, but I didn't get one in my email. If I don't get it by the end of the week I will contact them to see what is going on.

I am charging up the Super Cub batteries. It takes for ever at a hour an a half. I am sure it would go quicker if I charged them with my other chargers, but I would need to make an adaptor and read my manual on how to charge them.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
J-MICHAEL

Let's see some more on-board camera work when you get a chance again !!!

Glenn
Glenn ~

I'am only a few miles from the ocean in one direction and then a few more to the mountains in the other... So I'am thinking of this beach here ! Salt water corrosion....What's that ?!... Sand..... Ouch.... But so fun eh ?! Maybe I can get it it in some FFF and rip across the shoreline as the waves are breaking with the heli cam attached! LOL !

Our labs....

My 3 boys.....

And one other problem......It gets windy there !...

Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Evan T.

Jeff I didn't know you had dogs and kids you never talk about them
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Wow, that beach is gorgeous!

That would make for some awesome aerial shots, no doubt about it!

Just the thought of a heli going down in that saltwater and sand sends chills down my back though!!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

Back in the day (way back..lol) I had this Tamiya RC electric truck called the "Bruiser"...it was a full metal frame, 3 speed planetary transmission, super detailed down to real leaf spring suspension, etc...

Well, I made the mistake of seeing how well it would do on the beach....a big wave came in...and it was underwater....SALT water...[]

It was never the same again....LOL[X(]

Glenn

Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Wow, this brings back memories....I don't even want to admit how much it cost....even back then!![X(]

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=48

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

I keep seeing you logged on today, where ya been???

Have you been able to fly any lately?

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Evan T.

No I havnt flown in a long time cause I still havnt got enough money for the servos and it's to windy anyways
Old 02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had a little mishap today with the 450. I went to the baseball field and wanted to practice my inverted flight. I was doing really good and tried some new flips. Then I flew a little low and I suddenly couldn't tell the orientation of the heli. I input the wrong corrections and the heli came on down. It did a nice flip on the ground. It is really hard to see with the white canopy. The boom is bent 45 degrees, the flybar is bent, the blades survived except the tips, snapped a pushrod, sheared the Jesus bolt, and the mainshaft looks bent. That is all I can tell so far, but I will tear it down and look closer.

But on the bright side I had a blast with my Super Cub. LOL It is amazing how fun that can be when I can fly it, but I want ailerons so bad. It is extremely hard to turn with wind on a big 3CH airplane. I also did my first real landings with out crashing. Right now I am torn between fixing the 450, getting an E-Flite mini ultra stick PNP, or a Hangar 9 Alpha 40 RTF with the money I got from the auction. It is weird that the Alpha 40 is $30 more than the mini ultra stick, but 3-4 times bigger.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Been fussing with some batteries. I had a 2S CX2 pack that one cell dropped to 2 volt and the was at 4 volt. So after trting everything I set it on Nicad 1800 mah and shocked it for just a few seconds. Then I could smell the pack. Unplugged it andlet it sit. Measured the vts and the batery was up to 3vts per cell. Now on a proper lipo cahrger at 800 mah she is almost full. I'll next fly it and see how it does.

Hope everyone is having fun. COLD CLEAR HERE and I am hoping to fly tomorrow.

PS: BATTERY CAME UP TO 8.1 AND BOTH CELLS AT 4.0. HOWEVER WHEN I TOOK IT OFF AND CHECKED THAT BATTERY WITH A VOLT METER ID WAS 4.2 AND 3.6. I PUT IT IN THE CX2 AND AND SHE STARTED SPOOLING AND THEN IT SHUT OFF. THEN ALL BY ITSELF WITH THE THROTTLE OFF THE WAS SPOOOLING AND DYING OVER AND OVER. I GOT UP THERE AND COULD SMELL THEPACKS SO IT IN THE TRASH.....A GONNER
Old 02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Man, that sucks on the 450 crash, I'm sorry to here about that, it sounds like you were doing really well until the crash...was the heli inverted when it went down, like blades first? (OUCH)[]

That is one thing that makes inverted flight kinda scary...on the sim, I still find myself every so often putting the wrong input into the collective, and crashing into the ground, instead of going up...I guess practice makes perfect, but I need alot more of it...lol

Hope you can salvage the blades, and the damage is minimal beyond what you have found so far...sorry again, it's such a roller coaster, this hobby! [X(]

Glad you made up for it a little bit with the Super Cub...sounds like it's pretty fun to fly, and it's got to be rewarding to have landed it successfully too..

I'll have to research those planes, I am totally a dummy about planes...lol, but I can't rule out ever getting one, just not anytime soon, unless I get really tired of rebuilding helis..lol

Got any links?

Good luck on whichever you choose...

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your battery. Did you discharge the battery all the way before you threw it away?

Glenn,

The 450 was inverted when I crashed. When it was in the air all I could see was the black frame. I couldn't tell were the canopy was, so it might have been tail in. I have been flying on the sim lately, but the way the camera moves kind of makes it hard for me. I think it is easier in real life.

The Super Cub is really fun when there is no wind because it is kind of easy to turn, but there is a delay until the airplane tilts to the other side. But when it is windy it makes it hard to get the airplane to tilt over on the other side to go into a turn. That is why it would be easier with ailerons.

This is the plane that I have. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HBZ7100

Mini ultra stick http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2350 I really like that it would be easy to put any type of motor on it and one of my motors has enough power to fly it. So it would be cool to fly with a motor I wound.

Alpha 40 RTF http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN4400 I flew this at my flying field and it is a lot of fun. If I remember right Evan was also interested in this plane. It is a nitro, but it should be some what easy to convert to an electric some day.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 07:50 PM
JPEE

Nick, sorry about the crash OUCH!

No I set it my bucket for safety. I'll hook up a small light I make with alagator clips to draw it down to zero volts before I throw it out. I have some otehrs to I have ben holding on to for that same. Then the salt water for a week or so.

YOU GUYS ALL KNOW GLENNS GETTING A PLANE RIGHT! Ya can't trust him anymore lol. Glenn; oh! I am not every gonna try a flip for a long time. He did like 6 flips with the 400 and then goes after it with the 500 yea right Glenn. Come on........... tell us what plane your looking at in the background now? FESS UP dude!

Smiles JPEE

Old 02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Man....Sorry to hear about that for sure. [>:] Hard choice between the plane and fixing the 450... You'll go nitro with that Alpha though if ya get it ? 63" wingspan would be sweet though !

Glenn ~

That RC truck is cool ! Like I said before, if I was a millionaire I'd collect all the old stuff also !

JPEE ~

Yeah..... We know Glenn's gonna get a plane.... He's already seen this picture in the struggling thread, but he wants this "Super Combo" (pic below)... It comes with everything ya see.....LMAO ! [8D][8D]

Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
JPEE

Jeff, your daughters holding that PLANE are beautiful, you must be proud!

Oh by the by, your pictures of home are great. You do as they say live in Gods country up there!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff, your daughters holding that PLANE are beautiful, you must be proud!

LMAO......!!...
Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I just saw I bent the arm on my grips.[:@] That is like $30-$40. But all the other metal parts are fine like the other two crashes I had with it. This is my first crash on the 450 that was caused by pilot error. LOL And this is the first time I bent the spindle. Good thing I landed inverted, so I didn't break the landing gear. That would be a shame. LOL

If I got an Alpha 40 I would keep it nitro for awhile. Then I would convert it to electric on A123's. But that would be an expensive conversion. I like the 40 size because you can fly far away and it still looks big.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

I just saw I bent the arm on my grips.[:@] That is like $30-$40. But all the other metal parts are fine like the other two crashes I had with it. This is my first crash on the 450 that was caused by pilot error. LOL And this is the first time I bent the spindle. Good thing I landed inverted, so I didn't break the landing gear. That would be a shame. LOL

If I got an Alpha 40 I would keep it nitro for awhile. Then I would convert it to electric on A123's. But that would be an expensive conversion. I like the 40 size because you can fly far away and it still looks big.

Nick

Dang a grip ! Whew... You did bite it hard huh ? I can't believe you haven't bent the spindle yet...LOL ! On the SA, like mine the spindle is so small it looks like a toothpick...(The V2's like yours is a THICK monkey !) LMAO.. The SA's are almost the same size as the CPP's as I compared them just the other night...They may even be the same. Hard to tell.. My SA O-rings will work for the CPP...LMAO... I put a set in the CPP the other night. Both CPP's had to have the O-rings replaced because the Cali dry heat did them in from them sitting for so long... Same with the canopy gromments...

Yeah I understand about the size of the plane and how far you can see it in long distances... After seeing some of my dads bigger planes, and me just flying my smaller ones I couldn't go any smaller than a 43" wingspan at the minimum... My Funtana has a 43" wingspan... The Typhoon is about 40" across (Had to run and measure...LOL) That would be cool to convert the Alpha for sure !

I had to replace my Microheli rotor head from my second crash when I hit the outside garage wall from that crash and that was $40.00 also, so I feel your pain... Other than that the Microheli CNC stuff has held up good, for being a softer type CNC...

I've been to lazy to put my Funtana together...LOL ! But you guys are going to make me, I can sense it here in the future...RATS ! I have the Park 480 brushless, and its either the Jazz 40 amp ESC, or the Castle 45 amp that I'll use for it... Just have to decide which one stays in the Trex for now... Then I have a AR6100, and 4 HS-55 servo's, and it will use my 3s lipo's from my 450 to fly it. I bought a APC prop for it also... Someday... I've never put together a balsa plane before, so I keep putting it off until I can get motivated I suppose.

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I wonder if my 600 spindle will bend, since it is thicker than the main shaft on my 450.

I just finished putting all the frame and head components back together. I just have to work on the tail that is covered in dirt. I can't seem to get the tail grip hub off of the tail shaft. It seems like Align put loctite on the hub and shaft. I have taken the set screw out, but it won't budge off.

Is your Funtana a Kit or an ARF? You know you want to put that together ASAP.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry to hear about the bent grip...when I was ordering parts for the 500, I glanced at the grips for it...and the pair is $47!! And the frames, if I break one, are $66!! OUCH!! That could add up quickly in a bad crash...I think I'll tone it down a bit next time out...LOL

Hope you can get the tail hub off of the tail shaft, they must have used alot of loctite, like Eflite does on some stuff...

Those planes look pretty cool...I like the .40 nitro one, but it's pretty big, compared to the others...they all look like they would be good beginner planes for someone like me...IF I ever decided to go that route...lol[X(]

Jeff,

Thanks on the Tamiya Bruiser....I think out the LHS door, I relieved my wallet of about $750!!! YIKES!! [X(]

It was very cool though, super detailed, outstanding quality and attention to detail....and you could shift the 3 speed trans via a swich on the radio...on the fly...and low gear was super low, it could easily climb very steep grades...

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about the smoked batter pack, and that you were unable to revive it...[]

Nope, no PLANE for me for quite some time....lol...it'll be alot of rebuilds of helis before that happens...LOL

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Evan T.

I almost bought a plane this weekend I had three choices with the money I had super cub, j3 cub, super decathlon but I chose to wait and find an arf or pnp and it either gonna be the decathlon pnp or the eflite apprentice rtf but for the apprentice I need to save up but it's a really cool plane

Nick yeah I still want the alpha 40 don't get it you will make me jealous lol
Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got the hub off. It took a lot of twisting. It took awhile to clean all the dirt out of the tail case. Since I had it apart I put my ceramic bearings in for the tail shaft. The tail grip bearings are starting to feel like they will be notchy soon. The forces on those bearings probably don't help it out any.

When I flew the Alpha 40 there was a new meaing to hands off flying. I could just leave the throttle all the way up. Then I could take my right had off and it would just go straight and level.

Nick
Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad you got the hub off OK.

Yeah, I'll bet the dirt has a way of getting packed in there, for sure. I havn't had that happen yet, but give me some time...lol. Just a mudbath from the baseball infield...lol...

Cool on the ceramic bearings, they should last a long time. I guess you oil them just like metal bearings?

Yeah, the thrust on the tail grip bearings is probably pretty high, but not as high as on the main grip bearings, but I guess they are probably relative to the size of the bearings...[X(]

That plane sounds very relaxing to fly....just put it on auto pilot...lol.

I don't think I'm ready for a plane just yet...I still have so much I want to do with helis, and I would be afraid it might be a distraction...[]

Hope you get the 450 rebuilt soon.

Sorry for the crash and the blade grip, that kinda hurts...

Glenn
Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

How close are you to getting the new servos?

Have you decided on which you will go with yet?

Hope you can get the B400 in the air again, don't want to get too rusty...lol

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.