Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
cr85nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Well scince my boat has not sold yet i have not been able to place my tower order. So i am still shopping around for the best deal. Would a tt-01r be good because i have a novak rooster esc already, or should i get a different kit and install ball bearings and an aluminum shaft on that?

Thanks,
-Matt
Old 08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: cr85nut

Well scince my boat has not sold yet i have not been able to place my tower order. So i am still shopping around for the best deal. Would a tt-01r be good because i have a novak rooster esc already, or should i get a different kit and install ball bearings and an aluminum shaft on that?

Thanks,
-Matt
Just get the tt-01d, it comes with ball bearings.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:15 PM
c1rca209

I am just about to buy a tt 01 and i was wondering if it is better to get a tt 01 with a suspension with Four wheel independent double wishbone or just a fixed non ajustable one and i would also like to know what is the best battery (mhz) to run a tt 01

Thanx
Old 08-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Portyansky
My Feedback: (4)

The only thing i would change on that list is the rtr kit, unless you absolutely want a rtr i would suggest you gett this one instead. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSG3&P=ML
This is the car that i won with when i ran TCS here in Canada plus other parts here and there.
But my suggestion is from a racers point of view.

ORIGINAL: Darth-Evader

48chebbie, I sent you a PM, but I asked the same thing here in case anyone else has suggestions.. I specifically came here to see to see if the Trans Am body would fit on a TT-01. I'm so glad to see that you posted about your car a few days ago. Here is what I plan on ordering. Do you see any thing I am missing (I already have batts and charger) before I place my order:

[ul][*] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVP22&P=7]HPI Firebird Trans Am Body 200mm[/link][*] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJSV9&P=0]Tamiya XB Raybrig NSX 2004 RTR TT-01[/link][*] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKKV9&P=7]HPI Vintage 5-Spoke Wheel 31mm Shiny Chrome 6mm Offset[/link][*] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKKW1&P=V]HPI Vintage Racing Tire 31mm D Compound[/link][*] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCY13&P=0]Pactra Polycarb 3 oz. Outlaw Black[/link]
[/ul]
Old 08-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Portyansky
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: c1rca209

I am just about to buy a tt 01 and i was wondering if it is better to get a tt 01 with a suspension with Four wheel independent double wishbone or just a fixed non ajustable one and i would also like to know what is the best battery (mhz) to run a tt 01

Thanx
if you are racing and know about set-ups or are willing to learn about set-ups then go with the adjustable. As for battery, are you talking about mah? Not mhz?
Anyway mah only gives you capacity, so for example a 4300mah pack in the same car would last longer then a 3300mah pack. Then there are matched packs and unmatched packs. Matched packs are better b/c you know what your getting and also the batts in a matched pack have the same or close to the same #'s (i'll explain).
When I buy my matched packs I always look for the volt # (the higher the better) and the mOhm # (the lower the better). Volt is the voltage a battery pushs and the mOhm is the internal resistance. if you look at this pic from tower you will clearly see these things marked on each individual batt.
So for a racer matched is the way to go. For someone just bashing around, save your money and get the regular packs.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:17 AM
stewtheman

I thought I'd post a funny thing that happened tonight with my TT-01. I finally got another transmitter so I could have my brother drive one while I drove the other but the extra person interrupted my usual setup process. I have an Associated A.I. ESC in my 14-Turn TT-01 which is one that automatically sets itself up each time you plug it in but this time I accidently plugged it in before turning my transmitter on. So, I noticed the wheels twitching because there was no signal and promptly turned my transmitter on. Bad idea! The reversed order caused my ESC to give the motor full throttle and it shot off out of the driveway and into the street. I immediately grabbed my transmitter (antenna still collapsed) and started sprinting after it, not knowing if I had any control of it. Luckily, the car turned after entering the road instead of heading full speed into the curb but this thing was quickly leaving me in the dust. I realized that I could still steer it but none of my throttle inputs slowed it at all. So, it took me three or four passes at full speed and several cuts on my finger before I finally snatched up the car and turned it off. My brother told me after he and my father were finished laughing at me that he was moving his controller with the car the whole time I was running after it, thinking that he had control of it. I'm just glad that I managed to catch it before disaster struck. The car works totally fine. As I was writing this it just dawned on me that the car would have most likely just stopped if I had just turned my transmitter back off. Oh well, it was a good workout and laugh.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:32 AM
48chebbie
My Feedback: (58)

that is too funny,always good to get a great laugh with our R/C's.
i used to race club-competition touring car class,in a club about 10 miles from my home,and,every few weeks,we would get 4-5 new people wanting to get in on the action,asking questions,etc. anyway,a couple weeks later,there would 4-5-6 new faces show up,with a nice,shiny new,pretty painted and detailed,yokomo,or TC3,or some kind of unrun,brand new touring car. and a few of the new faces would ask,"is this good,fair,clean racing here",and "are you guys hard on stuff,rough driving,etc?" so,before the racing would get started,i would get this car out and set it up on the table.

man,half of them would grab their cars,pack up,and head out of there. LOL. it was always funny.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18094.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	509960  
Old 08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Should I be surprised that you have tt-01's too?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 AM
48chebbie

only 10 of them TAE.
here is a pic of a few...........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89031.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	510144  
Old 08-20-2006, 05:56 PM
cr85nut

That is one insane collection you have. If you ever feel like donating some stuff i could take it off your hands! lol

-matt
Old 08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

For some reason I still think the clod is the best part of that pic
Old 08-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Darth-Evader

Well, I have my TT-01 all together with the Trans Am body and all was going well until it was time to put the holes in the body. I completely botched it up and somehow the holes were about 1/2" off of where they needed to be. So now, I have another body on order and hopefully I can take measurements off of the botched body to put in four good holes right off the bat.

It really ticked me off because I did such good job painting, cutting and stickering this body. Grrrr.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:03 AM
Rare

Well, I have my TT-01 all together with the Trans Am body and all was going well until it was time to put the holes in the body. I completely botched it up and somehow the holes were about 1/2" off of where they needed to be. So now, I have another body on order and hopefully I can take measurements off of the botched body to put in four good holes right off the bat.

It really ticked me off because I did such good job painting, cutting and stickering this body. Grrrr.
I sure hope you are making the body post holes before painting...
Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Darth-Evader

I made the holes after painting, which is what the instructions that came with the Trans Am body said to do. I didn't forgot to take into account that this 200mm body had hole markings that aren't correct for my 190mm car. Thus I had to try to figure out where to put the holes. Since the rear posts go through the clear rear window, I thought I could make the rear holes first. LOL, then I put a couple dabs of peanut butter on the top of the front posts (it was late and I thought it was genius at the time) so when I dropped the cover over the rear posts it made perfect spots where the front holes should go.

This would have worked perfectly had the rear holes been put in the correct locations.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Rare

I made the holes after painting, which is what the instructions that came with the Trans Am body said to do. I didn't forgot to take into account that this 200mm body had hole markings that aren't correct for my 190mm car. Thus I had to try to figure out where to put the holes. Since the rear posts go through the clear rear window, I thought I could make the rear holes first. LOL, then I put a couple dabs of peanut butter on the top of the front posts (it was late and I thought it was genius at the time) so when I dropped the cover over the rear posts it made perfect spots where the front holes should go.

This would have worked perfectly had the rear holes been put in the correct locations.
LoL, peanut butter...now im getting hungry. ALWAYS make the holes before painting and use a sharpie to mark where the holes will be made.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:05 AM
jonblazed

I'm running a 4t motor w/21t pinion on stock spur. any tunning idea's ?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Darth-Evader

I finally finished the Trans Am WS6 TT-01 build. Thanks to all that helped me find the correct parts to buy to make this work. Here are some pictures I took of it today with my real car:

[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/rc-ws6.wmv]Video[/link]

[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/1.JPG]Pic 1[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/2.JPG]Pic 2[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/3.JPG]Pic 3[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/4.JPG]Pic 4[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/5.JPG]Pic 5[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/6.JPG]Pic 6[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/7.JPG]Pic 7[/link]
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/8.JPG]Pic 8[/link]

Old 08-27-2006, 09:33 AM
48chebbie

looks awesome bud,you did an excellent job. consiquently,isn't the TT-01 faster than the full-size TA? LOL.
just kidding darth,i am a mopar guy at heart,and,i build a handful of nasty fox-body 'stangs,so,camaros/trans-ams are the enemy,LOL.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Timmahh
Banned

OUCHIE nice one 48 very pretty body. im got my Enzo Ferarri, but i dont want to do the typical Red. anyone have a good Ferrarri Color besides Red, i was thinking candy yellow, or green. possibly candy Orange. looks nice Darth....
Timmahh
Old 08-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Bizket

I personally would go with yellow for a Ferrari, they look so sexy a nice color yellow. But thats just my 2 cents.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Darth-Evader

48chebbie, I thought you might like to see this since you are a Mopar fan. I had the chance to have ole Rosco sign my RC General Lee car:
[link=http://www.ryboflavin.com/images/transam/gen.jpg]Pic[/link]

Also, last weekend I was at a car show put on by our local Mopar association. Here is a pic I took that I'm sure you'll enjoy:
http://www.michianacruisers.com/imag...P8190274_a.jpg
Old 08-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Timmahh
Banned

nice lid Darth, ive been in love with the dodge muscle cars since forever! heres a nice Charger R/T lid, i need to re-chrome the air intake piece of lexan. any ideas? id like it to be as chrome as it can be.

this would look good on the TT-01 too!
Timmahh
Old 08-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Rare

where did you get that supercharger piece from?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Timmahh
Banned

it was part of the Emaxx bay pckg i got for my daughter, as was the a arms, she wanted some Purple a arms so RPM it was, i had these sitting around waiting for me to take the time to do them. its an HPI Body so i think the SC was part of the accessories, though im only speculating. the body came from Hobytown so you may want to check their site.
Timmahh
Old 08-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

it was part of the Emaxx bay pckg i got for my daughter, as was the a arms, she wanted some Purple a arms so RPM it was, i had these sitting around waiting for me to take the time to do them. its an HPI Body so i think the SC was part of the accessories, though im only speculating. the body came from Hobytown so you may want to check their site.
Timmahh
Ok. Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.