Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Heli,

The EXI is still a great looking heli...and it's probably lighter, and cheaper to repair/rebuild than the MA with all the aluminum stuff...heck, my B400's are all plastic, and I'm going to keep them that way, much cheaper to repair!

Yeah, that is a lot of bearings, I hope the EXI has the same, I read that in the MA info...[X(]

I didn't want to say anything to jinx you on X-heli, let's just hope you have a good experience with them!

Yeah, you will want to check everything, had to do the same on the Gaui, and the Trex 500 as well...[X(]

Heck, I'm getting excited, and it's not even my new heli...LOL

Keep us posted!

Glenn
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol I am really excited I can't wait to get it and such, So you are saying that it having that many bearings is a good thing?

Its to bad I sold my dx6i, I am kicking myself in the butt right now

But I am looking at a turborix 2.4ghz spectrum reciever and radio for $60 bucks, only one helicopter can be programmed on it, but this is going to be my only heli.

I need to look at some servo's now, not sure what to get, as far as main servo's and tail, I really want something decent, but really don't want to break the bank at all either, im broke as it is lol
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM
JPEE

Hi Helistyle,

CONGRADULATIONS!

You must be on top of the world!

Go gettum and build that puppy!

JPEE
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, the more bearings the better, they are alot better than having bushings, and last alot longer...

I wish you hadn't sold the DX6i too..they are very decent radios for the price...

Not sure on that radio, never heard of it, but it's good that it is 2.4 Ghz...you don't need me to remind you about the FM radio on the CPP and it's glitching!!! [X(]

Not sure what to recommend on the servos, you'll have to do some research...just don't get Eflite ones, even though they are inexpensive!

LOL on being broke, I think we all are keeping our wallets a little more tighly closed lately...

Let us know how you make out, and what you decide on radio and servos....

Glenn

Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I got my RCScrewz today...and they look awesome!

They come in a nice, divided see thru plastic box with a latch, it says (and it looks like...lol) 200 pieces..

So, I think there are some spares too...

They shipped super quick, great communication, they are a top notch outfit, I'm totally satisfied, and would recommend them highly!

Glenn
Old 02-11-2009, 11:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah I've always liked that Marine body kit for the CX2 ! Hey.... Is your one friend who is flying the CX3, or maybe it was the CX2 still moving forward with the hobby ? Does he venture here often to snoop around and see what happens to us fools who are past the addiction stages ?! If he is, tell him to jump on board... I've got my CX2 all spread out in pieces right now just doing the usual cleaning and lubing...Lol... I miss it...

Heli ~

I can't even FREAKIN believe it........................ You just had to go and do it ! SWEET...! Heli, that is the same as a Trex 450 my friend...!...LMAO... Like 98% compatible and identical clone...So killer my friend ! I see you found the EXI thread... I frequent there also. That was started by Crashcrash, who is one of the vets who hangs out over at the Wheeeee CP thread as you may recall. He hangs out on his EXI thread you just posted on earlier. He has a few EXI's also, and is very familiar with them. There is a small great bunch of fellers on that thread FYI....

This WHOLE time I've known you, you have always derived away from just getting the RIGHT HELI, and now you got it Helistyle ! You have no clue, that along with that DX6i TX you are now into the real world of these heli's... All the rest, like the CPP and the other trinkits are going to be just memories buddy ! Remember that good electronics go a long way with how well the heli will perform for you... But either way, you are going to be blown away by the differences you are going to discover with the new Trex and all...Exi, same thing...

I don't even know what else to say, I'am still in shock !...LMAO... Your going to get so addicted from here on out....LMAO... You watch... [8D]

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Cool.... you'll love that kit... I love the little grub screws, they offer as I went through and replaced all the stock soft ones from all the collars and such...Oh, and I think the pinion also can't remember... But I did have the 450 kit also and remembering using a few things from there...

~ Jeff
Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
JPEE

Jeff,
Yes he is with us but a newbe and is still in the background. I think I have hooked, lined and SUNK into the hobby LMAO.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 AM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

What blade balancer do you have for your 500? A tetter totter or more like the 400 axel/
Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 AM
J-MICHAEL

I've always had this Bell fuselage, but only had it on the CX2 for a few times, and it was pretty much just a hover outside in Cali... I'am thinking I might put it on for just a change maybe, but not sure still. As I like the looks of the Xtreme canopy and boom a lot... But I think it may be time to develop some character on this fuse for awhile...LMAO...

Old 02-12-2009, 01:10 AM
JPEE

Jeff, I have always like that body. However I heard time and time again that it sucks the batteries down due to its weight. I just weighed my stock body and it weighs in at 20 grams which is only 3 less that yours??? That pretty close in my mind. With that now said I "cannot" see what THEY were talking about. Three (3) grams is nothing!
JPEE
Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

LOL.... I used to like it also when I first got it, and still kinda do but there is so many other ones that are better now... Its even a little lighter without all my stickers and the screen mesh around the windows... But I think I also shaved some weight by removing that little cheap looking tail rotor in the back.

~ Jeff

Old 02-12-2009, 01:40 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry you didn't have the receiver in the plane. Cool to hear your batteries are coming soon. I was suprised how fast my Rhino batteries got to me from China.

I finally found a thread on how to make my Super Cub have ailerons and it isn't that expensive. I looked around and priced all the extra stuff I would need with the aiplanes I would like, but I can't afford it. So putting ailerons on the Super Cub can give be the best of both worlds: ailerons and low cost. I figure it will be around $40 to convert it. Now I can fix my 450 and have an airplane with ailerons.

Helistyle,

Congrats on the new heli, but sorry you don't have the DX6i anymore.

Nick
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 AM
J-MICHAEL

but sorry you don't have the DX6i anymore
Oh crap.............! That's right....Dang....
Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah that is sweet you can add Ailerons now on your Super Cub. I always wanted one of them also, because I like the looks and the bright yellow for orientation. Yeah might be good to keep the 450 in shape, as Spring will be here before we know it... (Hopefully...)

~ Jeff
Old 02-12-2009, 06:52 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah, I felt like I haven always picked/went in the wrong direction of the heli's, buying the complete opposite direction you guys reccomend me to try lol sorry

Now I have a 450 and it feels good, hence I don't even have it yet lol
what t-rex is the exi compatiable with? I know it is the t-rex 450 but is it the v2?

Yeah im going to bulid it piece of piece, going to try to get some decent servo's and I know and everone has told me not to go cheap on the head locking gyro
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I have the K&S balancer, and it works great on 450 size blades and up...I had to rig my own setup for the CPP blades, the adapters they give you are too big for small heli blades...

It's a bit pricey, but is excellent quality, the pivots are on bearings, and it's really well made in JAPAN...the best part!

http://www.petenplanes.com.au/helico.../prod_198.html

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I just noticed that website is in like Australia or something, I got mine at my LHS for about $43....

I would have had to think twice before I paid $60 for it..lol[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
JPEE

Thanks Glenn,

I remember now we talked about this a year ago it seems. How quick "I" forget sometimes, getting old I guess. I'll check them out. I am hoping that there is an attachment so I can do the 600 blades on there as well. Gad-ooks, I dont want one ofr the 400s, one for the 500, and another one for the 600. Godda do some homework. It is always nice when a product comes and your happy with it, your screws, neat.

Nick,

I have seen a guy out here do that. He bought like me the T-28 then cut them into the wings and they work very well. The first time I saw a sup cub it was a shcool where I was flying on their soccar field. That thing stood out like a bright banana in the sky BIGTIME! You can't beat yellow for easy eye recognition.

Jeff, as usual, you got the weight down on the CX2 body. It really has nice lines. But I would be a liar if I did not say how much I love the look of the Huges body on the CX3. The droopy tail I would like to see more horizontal, then it would be PERFECT.

JPEE
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Carljw

Jpee
Here is one I got from HeliDirect a while back. Iuse it on the B400 and T500 and I can use it on my CP PRO blades but I have to take the black plastic off at the blade hole
and then it will go on the pin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29782.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1133714  
Old 02-12-2009, 02:48 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

When I get home tonight, I can check the sizes of the adapers that come with my balancer, and then we can figure out the blade hole size on the 500, and 600, and see if it will work.

I know for a fact that it will work with the 500 blades, I have balanced mine...

I think it will, because the largest of the adapters (pins that are interchangable for various blade hole sizes), is QUITE LARGE, I think I read it will do up to .90 size blades...

Remind me, and I'll check into it for ya...

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Is that $60 in AUS money? I was thinking $.80US equals $1AUS.

JPEE,

I would like a yellow Cub, but mine is white.

Nick

Name:	Om33906.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1133768  
Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that is a good question...I guess it might be, like one of my Heli magazines from the UK, all the prices are in British Pounds...[X(]

I didn't check latest currency converter, but that would probably explain the price difference...

At any rate, I think that balancer is about $40 give or take in the US, I think at the time I bought mine from my now closed, good LHS, it was about what it was online ($43).

It's a nice balancer, but I was disappointed with it at first, because I was doing the CPP blades with it, and the adapters don't go that small...so I had to fabricate some from long screws and nuts to get it to work with the CPP blades. []

Now, however, it works great, on the B400, and 500...I always balance new blades when I get them.

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Hey, no need to appologize for making your own decisions!

We gave you advice, but that doesn't mean you have to do what we suggest, it's what you want that counts...

As for the comparable 450, from my limited knowledge, I would say it's comparable with the 450 SA....but you'd better check with the experts here on that, Nick or Jeff...lol, since I don't want to tell you wrong...[X(]

Yeah, if you take your time, and put good electronics in it, it will pay off big time in the long run...it makes a huge difference, even if it takes you a bit longer to get it flying...

Keep us up to date on the latest!

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
JPEE

Thanks Carl,
Here is what I am looking at. It can take from the 400 up to the 600 blades, so it sound slike a no brainer to me.

Nick,

White or yellow at least you can see it. Like I said and as you saw it on top of the 600 it too is white, with red tips, she stands out real well.

Glenn, I guess we figured out the balancer matter to no need to check everything out home, but thanks.

Deluxe blade balancer constructed of fiber glass with ball bearings support for greater sensitivity. Includes bolts for blades ranging from 300mm to 700mm. Can balance virtually any blade with a drag bolt diameter of 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm. $30.00

Name:	Om33216.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1133847  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.