Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

well I just ordered the servo's

I actually went cheaper, I was talking to a few guys on rcgroups and they were using the HXT 900's so I bought 6 of them, just incase lol

now I just need a good gyro, and a radio, and some batteries

any of you guys have tried the telebee gyro?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

I've never used the Telebee gyro, but some guys do... Its just not the greatest, but it will work. the guys over at the EXI thread will tell you. Kinda slow there lately though. They'll also tell you there is a GY401 knock-off that's like $40.00 and works identical supposively like the GY401... I think it was called the G401b or something weird like that...Lol..

I have two of the GY401's and have never had to mess with them at all... Totally trouble-free...

Oh guys.....

Have ya ever been driving around looking for that great flying spot, but yet just pull over to the side on one of those country roads and seeing that nobody is around and you do have the Trex 500 in the truck..... Boy was I tempted... Hek, nobody is around on this road that goes down to the Bay... I just need 7 minutes...Lol... I was seriously thinking about it - really...!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

They have a name of guys that come up on a fly zone like that with a 500 and don't fly it, *&^%$#@. You should have done it man! And with that scenery WOW what a video camera shot you could have taken. Did you shoot your friends property/building/busniess yet?

Nick, this is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrQXIFqWhMs

FLAPS BABY FLAPS
Old 02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
HeliStyle

yeah jpee, I was looking into that one, I found a Turborix High Performance GY400 Head Lock Gyro, I wonder if there is a difference between the 401 and the 400, I asked over in rc groups, see if anybody responds. I am going to order my radio and gyro prob tonight, then I will only need batteries
Old 02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That looks like a great place to fly.

My 401 has been acting up. It drifts and when I put the 2100T on from the Gaui it doesn't drift. So I don't know what I did too it. Then my 2100T is the cause of my kicking problem coming out of a left piro. So I can't win.

I ordered my 450 parts and the conversion for my super cub. I am getting excited to fly the cub with ailerons like I do after I build a new heli. I was looking at the programing for the airplanes and don't understand some of the mixing, but I will eventually get it.

My 10S 600 battery almost fits in the cub. I would just need to trim a little off the fuselage. I should get some amazing flight times with that battery. LOL I have been thinking about using a 3S A123 pyramid pack in the cub some day and I could use that same pack in the 450. So that might be fun to play around with. It would only be 1oz more, but more than 2 times the capacity. I already have long flight times with the stock NiMh pack. I can't imagine how long I could fly with the A123's. I made an adaptor to charge my cub batteries on my Hyperion charger and it cut the charge time down by 50min from the stock charger.

Nick
Old 02-12-2009, 06:20 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Look like I have one battery that will not come up. I hooked up a 12 volt auto tail light run it down fo disposal, and now I am thinking differently. I am thinking of a 10 foot pole with a nail, nailed through it like a spike. Then in a mallet fashion behind shelter slamming that battery with the mallet and video it going up in flames.......had you gogin for a minute didnt I LOL. Yes I am draining it down with the light bulb though for SAFE disposal.

Helistyle, while I would like to steal his thunder it was Jeff that was talking to you about the gyro not me. Perhaps you knew that but you did use my name. If there is a lawsuite that stems from his gyro guidence then we have to have the names right LMAO.

JPEE
Old 02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

Now that looks like the kinda place I need to fly my 500 at...nice and wide open, nothing to run into except the ground...LOL

I have this huge closed down brick factory nearby, but there are no trespassing signs everywhere...it's not quite as big as in your pic, but pretty close...and not NEARLY as beautiful!

Heli,

That sounds awesome that you are getting everything short of the battery tonight...should be alot of fun building it too...

Nick,

LOL on the 10S in the cub....a little too much payload, perhaps? [X(]

Glad to hear that you are going to fix the 450 and do the ailerons on the cub, makes the most sense....and it seems like you are excited about the cub project, so it's almost like getting a new model...

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I liked the nail and pole idea....LOL

C'mon man, where is your sense of ADVENTURE??? [sm=omg_smile.gif]

I will be awaiting a video on You Tube....LOL

Glenn
Old 02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah it would have a high wing loading which would make the landings really fast. Right now the cub will just float to the ground.

I will have a lot more fun with the cub, since it will be easier to do turns. The guy that showed how to make the ailerons also said he could use the ailerons as flaps, so that will be fun to experiment with.

Nick
Old 02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL, I have no idea about planes...I thought you were kidding about the 10S pack, but I guess it could carry that much weight in flight?

Ailerons are the flaps at the back of the wings that help you turn....so what are flaps? LOL

I wonder what planes Eflite would have that take my existing 1800 and 2100 packs? I have not really researched it much, but it would be a big plus to use the same batteries that I already have....

I would want something very simple and easy to fly and repair if/when I ever got one...

Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I was kidding about the 10S pack.

Flaps are usually by the ailerons on the main wing. They help slow down the plane for landing and help it take off. With the DX7 I can program the ailerons to act like flaps and ailerons at the same time.

Alot of E-Flite planes can use 3S 1800-2100mAh packs. On all their planes they recommend what battery you should use.

E-Flite's mini ultra stick is very simple and uses 3S 2100mAh batteries. It is pretty much a box with wings. It is rated pretty high on RCU.

I just got done gutting all the stock electronics out of the cub and put in two S60's for the elevator and rudder, and an AR6100. I only need the ESC that I ordered and I can fly it right away, but I will probably take more time getting the ailerons working. I hope the S60's have enough torque. I will find out real quick in flight. Today I saw how to make a mount for a brushless motor and my DIY motor has plenty of power to spare on this plane.

Nick
Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

I did all of that home work. The Corsair and my T-28 all use the same packs we have. I wanted the Corsair real bad. But after talking to the guys at LHS's (2 shops) they told me to learn to fly (take off and land) a tail dragger (corsair) was much harder than the T-28 that sits high up. With the tail draggers guys often bend the props coming in with the plane horizontal the prop id close to the ground. Having the tri landing gear on the T-28 as you come in with the nose a bit up your prop is safe"R". I am sure you get the dynamics.

When I started flying the T-28 I was using my 1800 packs. Well they did not last long, short flights. Then I got 2200 packs and that helped but still short lived flights. THEN someone showed me I dont need to be a full throttle through the entire flights, just for stunts. So looking for a my easy flier after time on the helis I send up the plane and just cruise easy. Then once in a while and punch her out and do rolls or flips and then dial down the throttle. That dang near increased my flight by a full 1/3. The other thing, they are quite, there is very little noise at all with a plane. Oh, and the other good thing was, I went to the fly park and guys had the Corsairs and being dark Blue they do NOT show uip in the sky like my snow white and red trimmed T-28

JPEE
Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Evan T.

yeah i want to get an eflite apprentice or like a pnp super decathlon

guys yall were thinking of the parkzone j3 cub or the eflite of hanger 9 j3 cubs which are all yellow

nick
i could have bought a super cub last weekend but i wanted something that came with a brushless motor and a lipo...... but dont get me wrong it is still a great plane
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

JPEE is right, my tail dragger is a little hard to land. I have done a few nose dives when I was learning to land. Luckily the cub doesn't need a lot of speed to land, so nothing was damaged.

Evan,

Get an airplane with ailerons. After flying helis a plane with ailerons will be extemely easy to fly. The super cub has quite a bit of power for a brushed and NiMh system. I was suprised I could get the plane hauling around a baseball field. It only has a problem in windy conditions to fly up wind. Then when I fly at half throttle I can get some decent flight times, more than a heli by far.

Nick
Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

yeah i want to get an eflite apprentice or like a pnp super decathlon

guys yall were thinking of the parkzone j3 cub or the eflite of hanger 9 j3 cubs which are all yellow

nick
i could have bought a super cub last weekend but i wanted something that came with a brushless motor and a lipo...... but dont get me wrong it is still a great plane

Evan ~

Nick is right about getting a plane with Ailerons. Also, the bigger the Ailerons the more likely its gonna be more 'twitchty' to control but great for 3-D flight. They also will enable you to take off sooner. The smaller the Ailerons, the little easier it is to control... Don't get the Corsairs, as there are a lot of probs flying those unless you do massive tweaks to the craft FYI...

I got this $200.00 RTF Typhoon 2 3-D plane and its still alive and ready to fly today... I've got like 8 wrecks with it and its tough ! With the help of lots of glue, CF rods, and packing tape !...Lol.. But forgiving for a beginner like JPEE's T-28 which I almost got also... Forgiving, still tough, and you can jimmie in a repair on it... It comes with the 1800 3-cell, and I still use all my 450 batts in it also.

I also even put in my CPP lipo 3-cell in it once, and it made the plane VERY light and fluffy ! It was crazy..But it flew, and the flight times are sick on a plane ! You can fly for darn near 20 minutes +....

Here's my Typhoon when I tried my CPP batt in it... Watch in high quality :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3wfO2l0i6g

I learned on the Aerobird Challenger, and have tow of those... There is no Ailerons, but they are easy to fly and I don't think you can break em' ! I haven't broke nothing on them yet, and they've been wrecked pretty bad before... There hard to land, because since there is no Aileron's, they like the fast landing approach to make it easy, and I'am usually flying in smaller area's...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

Once I get landing mastered in time, I want to get a plane that has floats for the water... We have a lot of water sources like the saltwater in the pics below, or the lakes that are here. It would be so fun to be able to take off and land from the water ! I was thinking about this today driving around...

Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Evan T.

do you ever eat sushi there
Old 02-13-2009, 12:06 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Just don't crash. LOL That reminded me of a vid on youtube where a RC boat brought back a stranded RC airplane on a lake.

Nick
Old 02-13-2009, 12:13 AM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

I've never had sushi, but I'am sure there's restaurants that offer it here.

Nick ~

Lol... I also thought of that today ! I was hoping I'd be a master with the 500 then, so then maybe I could do the rope and graffing hook thingy... The cool thing about these heli's ! One step above the rest...... [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 PM
HeliStyle

mmmm sushi, luv it

but I am at work and wanted to say I have a full 450 heli coming my way, just got done ordering everything for it

well I still need batteries but, everything else is on its way

Ill be on later so I can tell ya what I picked up

I was excited and had to tell you guys lol

Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds awesome!!!

Can't wait until later on, (I'm at work too...[>:]) when you give us all the details...

Should be alot of fun!!

Congrats again, on the 450 size heli, I think you'll love it..

Glenn
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
HeliStyle

well my complete order as of today is

EXI 450 Frame
30amp volcano series esc
exceed alpha 450 3500kv brushless motor
4 hxt 900's thats the servos
and for a transmitter and reciever I picked up a Turborinx 2.4ghz receiver and radio which actually has 4 programable memory which isn't to bad

I also just got a bunch of spare parts like main shafts, main gears, etc

Now I am looking at some 3 cell 1800mah lipos, won't be for another week or so before I order them
Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds like a great start!

Is the radio a computer radio, with adjustable pitch and throttle curves, etc?

Do you have a link to the radio, I'm kinda curious....

Good to hear that you also got some spare parts coming too...you will need them sooner or later...lol

Glenn
Old 02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
JPEE

Helistyle,

Good for you on the new heli! I am glad to you got extra parts too. A guy has to think about frieght chargers and access, so have stuff on hand it the right school of thought.

Guys,
When I bought my T-28 I bought a PNP. I already had batteries and my DX6i so I saved money there. Also by nature a T-28 is FM so when you buy a PNP you need to add a RX I used a ar6100e so I dont have that pesky black wire hanging down. I also had to by a "Y" connector for my elevators or ailerons, I dont remember but you do need it. With this plane I learned about CA Glue for styro-foam..its specal! You put it on and then you spray "fixer" over it from a push pump bottle, it dries the glue instantly!

JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.