Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

I am going to try and not use the y-connector I got for the ailerons and use the AUX1 for the left aileron and AILE for the right aileron. Least the manual for the DX7 said it could be done, so I am going to try it out. If all else fails, I will use the Y connector and plug both servos into the AILE. Then by using AUX1 I can have the ailerons act like flaps when I flip one of the switches.

Nick
Old 02-13-2009, 03:45 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

I am going to try and not use the y-connector I got for the ailerons and use the AUX1 for the left aileron and AILE for the right aileron. Least the manual for the DX7 said it could be done, so I am going to try it out. If all else fails, I will use the Y connector and plug both servos into the AILE. Then by using AUX1 I can have the ailerons act like flaps when I flip one of the switches.

Nick
Hey Nick,
I like that! Now that I have the DX7 I could do that too. Sometimes runways are short and unlevel. As you saw on the T-28 vid with those flaps he really slows down fast!

JPEE
Old 02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

glenn the radio is does have adjustable pitch curves and such, but has to be hooked up to your computer to do

here is a link

[link=http://r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61206_61411]2.4GHZ Radio[/link]
Old 02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
J-MICHAEL

I went fishing yesterday down at the river, and after a few packs I was on my last one and wrecked her on the rocks... One small crack on the canopy, and a lower and upper blade... I can't believe the shafts survived, but I guess I got lucky ! I've very rusty with this thing, I used to be able to zip it all over...LMAO...

The picture below, looks like a full scale RC that just landed in the rapids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clu68D2xU7M

Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff,

Sorry about the crash.....but I know why. The CX2 loves to make CC wise turns and circles and they are faster. However.............the heli stalls and falls in the tight CC wise turns too. Next time "I submit" when your flying just di your circuits clockwise.

As always GREAT PIC's
JPEE
Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Your CX2 has some power.

I was on G4 driving a F1 race car. LOL I put a brushless motor in it and got up to 100MPH. Now I am going to try a boat.

Nick
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Cool, thanks for that answer... I don't thing I ever knew that, or maybe just don't remember...Lol.. But it makes sense. Ya I've got to fly it more often, I've rusted up bad....

Nick ~

Lol.... Try the submarine... You can submerge under the water and even on the Lake Douglas photosite... I gotta go back and catch up on some posts, talk with ya all later,

~ Jeff

Old 02-14-2009, 01:21 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, like Nick said, that CX2 has some amazing power...mine doesn't look like that when I punch it...lol

Sorry for the crash, at least it wasn't too bad...

Nick,

LOL on the F1 car on G4, I never noticed that one, only the Losi truck or buggy, can't remember now...

Did you try the submarine like Jeff was saying? lol

Heli,

That radio should do the trick, pretty cool how you can program it via PC...

You should be having fun soon!!

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, where can I find the bobs finless t-trex 450 videos? Only reason I'm asking is because the exi is almost the same as the t-rex 450 and alot of guys are saying to disassemble the whole frame and loctite all metal to metal connections. Do you have to suscribe to them as well and where they helpful with the bulids?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

hey guys, where can I find the bobs finless t-trex 450 videos? Only reason I'm asking is because the exi is almost the same as the t-rex 450 and alot of guys are saying to disassemble the whole frame and loctite all metal to metal connections. Do you have to suscribe to them as well and where they helpful with the bulids?

They are on HeliFreaks main page the 2nd one down click on that and all the different builds are there. You do have to subscribe to HeliFreak to watch them.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Evan T.

there on helifreak and yeah you have to make an account on there
Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Finless's videos are priceless....so much info on there, you would be very well served to watch them as or before you get the heli...highly helpful!!!

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 01:07 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I couldn't find the submarine. I was using an airboat and when I hit a bump it went into the air and I could kind of fly it. LOL

My 450 parts came today, so that will be fun putting it back together.

I also got 4-5in of snow yesterday.

Nick
Old 02-14-2009, 01:44 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

With your snow I guess I should not be crying about had a head cold from hell and the outside air temp in low....look below lol
JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59270.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1135241  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your cold. It looks like you have great wheather there. I am almost done fixing my 450. I stripped the inside of one of my boom blocks. I shouldn't have torqued it so much. I just put a longer screw in and it seemed to fix the problem.

Nick
Old 02-14-2009, 02:41 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I have has that same thing happen on my boom horizontal wing bracket. I would go to screw the wing and the screws stripped out. I just wen to the junk box and looed around a found a poined screw and "helped" it a bit screw down into where there was still good plastic. Works fine

You'll save it, I have no doubt.

JPEE
Old 02-14-2009, 03:10 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, didn't know you had any snow...5 inches is kinda alot...all of my snow is melted away...today isn't too bad outside, about 43 degrees, and not too windy, but I need to do the rebuild on the 500 today, since my parts got here Thursday from Helidirect.

Good thing I did that, because the UPS ground stuff from Heliproz didn't make it for the weekend, I don't think UPS delivers on Saturdays.

LOL on airboat...at least you got at little "air time" in ...lol

Every time I go to the LHS, like I did today, (to kinda just glance at planes..lol) they still have that Trex 450 SE V2 CDE in the showcase...and everytime, I come home and do research on it...lol

But, by the time I got it, and bought servos, and a gyro, etc, I'd be looking at a $700 helicopter, that I would be terrified to crash, like the 500...so then I convince myself to just stick with what I've got...and learn to fly better with them...lol, $700 would buy alot of crash parts...[X(]

JPEE,

Sorry to hear you are down with a cold....that is no fun at all!!

They have the T-28 planes at my LHS, I was looking at....looks kinda big...

I still have to think about it some...and see how much of my money Uncle Sam is going to take this coming week, when I sit down to do my TAXES...[X(]

Nick,

I was looking at the Embers and the like, and they have a small Cessna looking plane along those lines out now too..looks pretty cool...have you guys heard/seen anything about them?

Maybe THAT is more my speed...LOL

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 03:18 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I almost forgot to tell you that I subscribed to RC Heli magazine, so I should start getting them soon...

And, I picked up the March issue, with the CPP 2 article...looks like more of the same...but I'd still love to try one...we'll see what the first real reviews are like once they are released...

I was kinda scratching my head when I read the test section on hovering....quoting; "The original Pro had great hovering characteristics, so it comes as no surprise that this one hovers really well..." HUH?

I wonder WHO'S original CPP they flew that had great hovering characteristics? LOL[>:]

I finally manged to get mine to hover pretty well, but it took some doing....lol..it sure didn't right out of the box! [X(]

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 03:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here's that Cessna;

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3000

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I'm loving this 500 rebuild, with the TT tail!

Once I started looking at it, I realized that I can just leave the rudder servo, linkage, and the gyro all attached to the tailboom...just unplug the gyro/rudder servos leads from the RX, and everything comes out in one piece!

No readjusting of the tail linkage, servo placement, etc...(I hope..lol)...shouldn't be, anyways...

Jeff, you'll be glad to know I reinstalled my lower main shaft bearing block in the right way now...writing down... I'll sleep better now....and I'm going together with stainless steel as I remove each fastener...

So there was an upside to this little mishap after all..lol

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, you'll be glad to know I reinstalled my lower main shaft bearing block in the right way now...writing down... I'll sleep better now....and I'm going together with stainless steel as I remove each fastener...

So there was an upside to this little mishap after all..lol

Glenn

Lol.... You should have a couple of the Stainless for using to fasten your blades in the grips also... I also used a few for the spindle... It goes on and on, and you don't realize how many there are until you start tinkering...

~ Jeff
Old 02-14-2009, 04:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is why I am not going to get any more helis. It is expensive to get one RTF and cheaper to stock up on crash parts for the ones you have.

When I was on RCGroups yesterday I saw a pic of that Cessna and the person had a caption that said he was dissapointed in the airplane. Besides that I haven't heard anything else about them. Out of the micro airplanes the BNF Vapor would probably be the best.

Cool to hear you subscribed to RCHeli magazine. They have a lot of good info and most have sections on how to do tricks. The tester must have been a good pilot for the CPP2. I like my big belt/shaft helis too much to go back to a small motor driven tail heli.

Nick
Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Your just having to much fun over there! Building/Screwing LMAO
Old 02-14-2009, 07:36 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Yeah, the rebuild is going well, but I'm taking my time...have never done some of this stuff before...

The bearings on the front torque tube input driven gear are a real PITA to get on and off...extremely tight fit on the gear shaft...had to use more force than I would have liked...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

And, it's taking longer, because I have to pick the stainless steel screws as I go...lol

But, I'm coming down the backstretch now...so it seems...just the rear gears to go now, and then reassemble everything...

Glenn
Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the tip on the Cessna, I'll probably steer clear of it for now...

Yeah, maybe that guy is an excellent pilot, and could handle the CPP right out of the box...maybe my inexperience had alot to do with it as well....[X(]

It wouldn't have been so bad if the tail would have stayed put...lol

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.