Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:55 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Guys,

I got my new packs in for my 500. Nothing like what Jeff flies with 3300 mAh 5S but good enough for this old boy and you can't beat the price. Thanks Nick for the tip on Rhinos. I am using my chargers with built in balancers on this puppys

Glenn............stick at on the 500. Dont forget to wear your BiFocals.

JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55997.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1135642  
Old 02-14-2009, 09:02 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you got your batteries in.

Nick
Old 02-14-2009, 09:27 PM
JPEE

Thanks Nick,
I cant' wait to give them a try see how they fly. How is your re-build going? Still working on the plane?

JPEE
Old 02-14-2009, 09:42 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I finished the 450 a few hours ago. I just need to put a zip tie on and adjust a link since one blade is warped a little. I did as much as I can on the plane until my parts come. They shipped out yesterday, so I will have to wait until next week to finish it. I could cut out the ailerons now, but I want to do that at the same time as I put the servos, hinge tape, and pushrods in.

It would be fun to get the skis that DUBRO sells and put them on the cub and take off from the snow.

Nick
Old 02-14-2009, 11:11 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Sounds good! When you have something crashed ya just want to get it flyable ASAP! that way I am.

I would do the same and cut the wings in when I had all of the parts on hand so there are no surprises. I saw a plane somewhere in the last few days and hehad these like snow skies on them. They might have been wheel display holders so the plane woun't rool at his home but they looked more like the OLD TIME skies that fit over the wheels and could be lifted or set down per the weather like for a plane in Alaska.

JPEE
Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Nick,

Sounds good! When you have something crashed ya just want to get it flyable ASAP! that way I am.

I would do the same and cut the wings in when I had all of the parts on hand so there are no surprises. I saw a plane somewhere in the last few days and hehad these like snow skies on them. They might have been wheel display holders so the plane woun't rool at his home but they looked more like the OLD TIME skies that fit over the wheels and could be lifted or set down per the weather like for a plane in Alaska.

Funny, I have been offering my buddy a few bucks for his crashed CX2 so I can put pontoons on it and fly it around the yard of our other house and it has a pool1 That sould be a kick. At one time I looked a boats but bigger ones are to big for a pool, more like a city park pond and the little ones only have 6vt nicads that done last very long. I think the CX2 heli with float would be cool. I could even use my grand kids FLOATIES for their arms when they are not swimming LOL
JPEE
Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Guys,

I got my new packs in for my 500. Nothing like what Jeff flies with 3300 mAh 5S but good enough for this old boy and you can't beat the price. Thanks Nick for the tip on Rhinos. I am using my chargers with built in balancers on this puppys

Glenn............stick at on the 500. Dont forget to wear your BiFocals.

JPEE

JPEE ~

In my findings and observations, I believe using two 3-cell packs for a 6s set-up is lighter, and more powerful than using my 5s 3300 mah batts. I can get the headspeed of a 6s set-up with my 16t according to Trex-Tuning, but adding another cell is adding another cell, and eventually after these die off I'll go with a 6s set-up for the 500... But like ya said any batttery is good enough for any of us....LMAO...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Oh..... Took up the 450 4 times today just sport flying around and doing some loops... The stock Trex 450 SA motor is back in the heli and it is gutless ! It has about half the power as that Common-Sense motor had that I blew up...Lol... But it will work for now...

Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

Another reason I like going with two 3S packs, if I go plowing with the nose hopefully one of the packs will survive! For my first three 500 flights my packs have velcro between the packs to make them as one and velcro on the bottom to grab the tray. I now think that is a "mistake". I crashed my 402 the other week an the battery was ejected from the heli which save it to be honest. So with the 500 I think I will no longer hook the two packs together. If there is a crash, hopefully as they separate one will survive. I do not nor will I fly 500 or 600 hard. I save that hot dog flying for the 400s as they can be "acceptable" casualties to me should a crash take place. Commacazzie's lol.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That would be cool to see a CX2 with floats.

Jeff,

Good to hear you flew the 450 today.

Nick
Old 02-15-2009, 12:45 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, just checking in and trying to be calm about getting the new heli lol

Any of you guys would be interested in my e-flite 3 cell lipo's the 800mah, they are all in mint condition, I could do 3 of them for $40 shipped
Old 02-15-2009, 01:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

LOL, you'll be watching for the truck to arrive all week...

Hope it gets to you quickly, and you can start the build...did you get a chance to check out the Finless videos yet?

They are a huge help, there is even one on loctite, I was thinking you might want to watch...and the ones on CCPM setup 1 and 2 are very, very helpful too...

Man, that sounds like a good deal on the lipos...I already have some for my CPP....but I am hoping I can resist the CPP 2 when it FINALLY gets releaased, I think they are close now...and those packs would come in handy...lol[X(]

But, I'll have to pass for now, if you get an offer, by all means, take it...since I am not really sure, I don't want to commit to it....

Keep us posted when the new heli arrives!!

Glenn
Old 02-15-2009, 01:53 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad to hear that the 450 is back together again...sounds great, hopefully you will get a chance to test fly it soon...

I just finished the 500, and it should be ready for a test flight here later this afternoon...weather here isn't too bad, mid 40's, not much wind..

JPEE,

Nice looking packs! I'll be anxious to see how you like them, once you get them all charged, and have a couple of flights on them...

Jeff,

I am a bit disappointed in the RC screwz kit, I think it was meant more for the belt driven 500, as it is missing some screw sizes...most notably, the side plate screws on the tailbox, which are very short screws. I can't picture what a belt driven tailbox looks like, you have any pics of your belt driven tail setup before you switched over to TT? [8D]

I may email them, and if nothing else, just make them aware of the situation, but I'd like to know more details...there were some other screws that I couldn't find, like the ones for the horizontal tail fin/strut mount on the tailboom...[]

No biggie, still an excellent set, it would be nice if they updated it for the ESP/TT tail though...we'll see...

Glenn

Old 02-15-2009, 02:08 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Those batteries would work great in the Gaui, but I am trying to convert to A123's on all my helis and I haven't flown the Gaui in awhile.

Glenn,

I don't know if I want to fly over the snow. I would be fine flying upright, but it isn't fun unless I go inverted. LOL

Good to hear your 500 is fixed.

Nick
Old 02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

I am a bit disappointed in the RC screwz kit, I think it was meant more for the belt driven 500, as it is missing some screw sizes...most notably, the side plate screws on the tailbox, which are very short screws. I can't picture what a belt driven tailbox looks like, you have any pics of your belt driven tail setup before you switched over to TT?

I may email them, and if nothing else, just make them aware of the situation, but I'd like to know more details...there were some other screws that I couldn't find, like the ones for the horizontal tail fin/strut mount on the tailboom...

No biggie, still an excellent set, it would be nice if they updated it for the ESP/TT tail though...we'll see...

Glenn
I had bought some seperately as far as the Stainless hardware goes at a local hardware store that carried a butt-load of fasteners/screws/bolts. They had a lot of the M3 sizes, but were short on the M2's... I bought the 450 kit to acquire some of the smaller stuff and grub screws to use from that also...

I never installed the belt kit that came with my 500, as right off the bat I installed the TT kit. But I still have the tail case and will throw up a picture since your curious... Its sure lighter than the TT CNC tail case that's for sure...Lol... Carl is going to have the lightest of all our 500's... Mine is the heaviest...[8D]

~ Jeff

Name:	Zx71681.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1136272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80964.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1136273  
Old 02-15-2009, 03:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL on the snow...and only wanting to have fun blowing some snow up while inverted!

That would make a cool video too!

I'm going to go out in a little bit and test out the rebuild...

Do you have a fun fly tonight?

Jeff,

Ah, a picture is worth a thousand words...

I can see now why I don't have any screws to fit the TT CNC tail side plates...as they are completely different in the belt tailbox...if you look at your TT tail, you will see 3 screws on each side plate...and they are super short ones...wasn't any like them in the kit...[]

RC Screwz seems like a very good company, I'll probably email them later on .....just to see what they say..

Glenn
Old 02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
HeliStyle

no problem glenn, I haven't got an offer on them at all, and it sucks

they are in mint condition

Hey I got a question for you guys do you think on a size 450 heli

the specs on these batteries would be powerful enough for it

# Capacity: 2200mAh
# Burst Rate : 20C
# Continuous discharge rate: 15C
# Voltage: 11.1V
# Cells : 3
# Size : 105mm x 35mm x 22mm
# Weight: 160g

Name:	Om33662.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1136287  
Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

It depends on the current rating on the motor, but at 15C they could deliver 33A which is pretty common for a 450 sized heli.

Nick
Old 02-15-2009, 05:03 PM
HeliStyle

theres are the specs on the motor itself

model-Alpha 400

Rating-3500 Kv

input watts-225W

Resistance:
.06 ohms
Idle Current:
1.60A
Continuous Current:
19A
Max Burst Current:
23A

so nick you think those batteries would be ok?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:04 PM
HeliStyle

also should I think about getting a bigger esc, I ordered a 30amp esc :/ or will it be fine
Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
HeliStyle

or should I go with a battery that is 25c
Old 02-15-2009, 05:22 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

The 15C 2200mAh batteries and 30A ESC will do just fine with that motor.

Nick
Old 02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
HeliStyle

thanks for the help nick

I was worried the heli would be sluggish lol
Old 02-15-2009, 05:53 PM
HeliStyle

what is the proper voltage on a 3 cell lipo, that is in storage mode?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:12 PM
evdreamer

I don't know. I always leave my LiPo's at 12.6V.

Nick
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
JPEE

Heli,

On post 5560 your selling your batteries and showing them 3S 800 mah. Then just abvoe this you show and talk about other batteries or are these the same your trying to sell. I am kind lost here my friend.

What are the spec's for the selling batteries

Cells?
Voltage?
mAh ?

How old are they?

How many cycles have they had?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.