Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Heli,

NO! thats not what I am saying. I am sorry I am suffering with the MOTHER of colds and am full ah drugs so forgive me.

What I was saying is; from what I have been following on your new Helicopter, it is "like" at TREX 450. If that is true, then those blades I showed you that are for a 450 TREX "should" fit. What I was trying to explain was that for ME to use these 450 TREX blades on my Blade 400 I must shim them as they are two thin to fill the 400 blade grips. The blades measure 2.16 millmeter in thickness if that helps. Measure the open area of your blade grips and see what you have there kiddo.
NOTE: Eflites are 6.6 mm thick

Nick,
THATS GREAT! I have my plane sitting here next to me in the hobbyroom trying to work up the power to fool around with it. I noticed on my DX6i there is a flap control too. So I am gonna put in a rx and then see what happens, the I'll get back to you.

JPEE
Old 02-18-2009, 12:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Most of the snow is melted, but there is a few spots around town that still have a little bit of snow. I am just waiting for the wind to die down. There have been 30-40MPH gusts.

JPEE,

You might be able to do the same stuff that I am with your DX6i, but I am not familiar with the DX6i menus.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 01:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Stupid wind...lol..

Glad to hear that you got it all ready for it's maiden with the aileron/flap setup, should be interesting....

I'm not sure what my weekend weather is going to be yet, keeping my fingers crossed...

Be sure to let us know how the first flights go...

Glenn
Old 02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I just ran through the entire plane menue with the radio on and I tested (what I think) is every setting and switch flip to NO avail. So it may ned the DX7 to do what your trying for. Thanks for the offer on the DX7 programing help, but in a few days when my head is clear.

Good Luck
Old 02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Hope you get some good weather, so you can fly the 500 some more.

I sure hope the maiden is a crash free one. Even if it is, all I need is glue and tape. That would be nice if helis were like that. LOL

JPEE,

On the DX7 I had to activate the flaps in one of the menus that is near the menu to make a new model.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I was looking at the DX6i manual online and you can have the ailerons act like flaps just like the DX7 can.

On page 43 of the manual you need to have the dual aileron selected in the transmitter. You need to have the left aileron in AUX1 and the right aileron in AILE.

On page 68-69 of the manual you need to select a value for the flaps. It is probably a negative number or will say DN or something like that. And the flaps are activated by the flap/gyro switch.

That is what I got from reading the manual.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good luck on the maiden...

Yeah, if only helis were that easy to fix...

Hope the wind dies down for you soon.

Glenn
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
JPEE

Nick, thanks for the DXi info.

I have been sitting playing w/o reading to see if would come to me. I got it almost done but I could not get both to come down at once. What I read form you is I must had had the wrong Ali on the AUX channel. Will play more in a bit godda go eat. Old people like to eat on time LOL

THANKS AGAIN........................with all of this rederick Glenn will have to get a PLANE like it or not. I know Glenn is an Island kinda guy, but ALL of us but him have a plane......... he'll have to get one.

OH my vid was on the DX7 I just emailed you.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I have been re-doing the ailerons on the CUB. I cleaned up the cuts on the ailerons, I used packing tape to get rid of the dihedral(sp), I made a 45 degree cut in the wings to help get more travel out of the ailerons, and re-glued the control horns. Now I have to re-install everything.

Your flaps look good on your video. Do you know you can change the positions on the switch for the direction the flaps go? I made position 0 the neutral spot, then 1 the flaps go down a little, then 2 the flaps go down a lot. You will probably be able to fly your plane before me, so you will have to let me know how it goes. Maybe Jeff can try it out on his Typhoon too.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol thanks jpee I gott confused for a minute, makes sense now. I will measure the grips when my heli comes in. Nothing today, ups says delivery is tommorrw
Old 02-18-2009, 10:54 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

My 450 grips have a gap of 4.5mm for the blades.

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
bhsigman

I am also looking for alternate blades. Any comments on these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15227 or http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15228 ? It seems you may be able to interchange the cp2 and walkera 22e with the cp pro. The walkera are a little longer, but wouldn't that flight a little more stable for a beginner like me?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: bhsigman

I am also looking for alternate blades. Any comments on these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15227 or http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15228 ? It seems you may be able to interchange the cp2 and walkera 22e with the cp pro. The walkera are a little longer, but wouldn't that flight a little more stable for a beginner like me?

I'am not familiar with those blades, but they could work... When I was first learning I ditched the lightweight woodies which were about 10 grams and went with a popular brand blade used by some that were called JCS Blades. There heavier design allowed things to slow up for me and tame the heli in my learning phases. If you go with a FLAT bottom blades you'll acquire MUCH more stability than if you were running the symmetrical blades FYI..... These blades are a tough plastic, and takes a lot to break them, but be warned since they won't break other parts could suffer more damage in a crash since the force has to go somewhere.

But they do provide great stability more than the stock woodies and come in different colors. I have a black set and a creme colored set... There is a pic below of one of those JCS Blades, and a CF symmetrical blade.

BTW welcome to RCU.....

http://www.jcshobbies.com/products_blade.html

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21180.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1139628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70515.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1139629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69338.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1139630  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
evdreamer

bhsigman,

I had a CP2 head assembly on my CPP for awhile and the blade grips looked identical in size, so the CP2 blades should work on the CPP grips. However, I am not sure whether the Walkera blades will work or not.

JPEE,

Now I have a cold too. It is 30 degrees out, but feels a lot warmer with the sun and there is hardly any wind. It is almost perfect out to maiden the cub, but I can't go 15min without having to blow my nose.

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 01:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your cold...that's a bummer, hope it's short one...

But, I'd rather have one in the winter, I HATE summer colds even worse...all that much more miserable!

Jeff, JPEE, Carl,

I am a dumb ass...LOL...

I have the same scale as JPEE, and just now realized that it reads up to 5000 Grams....I thought it was a 500 Gram max scale...LOL

So, later on, I'll try to remember to weigh my 500 for comparisons, since everyone "weighed in" theirs already...

Talk to you guys later....

Glenn
Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Dang sorry to hear ya have JPEE's cold. Ya I can't wait to hear a report on your Cub maiden, and it should make a big diff in the way you can maneuver the plane... You did a crazy fantastic job adding those Ailerons.

Glenn ~

Lol... See.... You have so many gadgets you forget what ya have ! I thought it was weird you didn't have one with all the accessories and gizmo's you have scattered about...LMAO... [8D] Yeah that will be interesting on the 500's weight. Cool....

We need B-400 weights also....... Reason being stock there 590 grams supposively, and now I want to see what they average out after gents have had them for a bit and added a few things like MG servo's, gyro's etc. etc. JPEE has three of them suckers so I'll nudge him for some weight specs also... [8D]

Heli ~

I know it came today............. Your quiet........................ [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, sorry to hear your sick too. That is exaclty how mine started. Did you get my last video using the DX6i? If so did it appear my alierons were moving in the correct fashion? Hows the plane coming?

Jeff, I'll weigh two of the three. Both are EXACTLY the same, servos, canopys, just everything. 544 grams and 534 WOW! I had not idea they were different. The only thing is the fiberglass canopys are not expensive so they could very. And the heavier the heli had stock eflite blades and the lighter one has the thinner T-Rex 450 blades. The third one has no electrics right now. It is a complete air frame only, including canopy and blades and such, just not esc, motor, servos, or gyro. It came in at 376 grams and they ALL had their blue foam blade holders on too.

Glenn, I thought one time we talked about having the same Harbor Freight scales but I did not want to call on you on it. Any Jeffs right as anside, you have more NEAT gadgets it was hard to believe you did not have the big scale.

Here is my new Heli 400 heli carrier. Only $40.00 to my door. Right now out of the box I can lay a 400 flat in "on top" of the foam and close the door nicely. If I pull the foam insert out the heli drops down deep inside. My goal is to play with it and see if I can reshape the foam so I can two 400's in there. They will fit now but it is the ANTI RUB factor I need to work on.
JPEE

Name:	Rp44311.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1139805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20349.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1139806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82839.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1139807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76932.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1139808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34827.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1139809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23927.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1139810  
Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL, yeah, that could be part of the problem, too much stuff!

I got my Align one way bearing tool with the canopy from Heliproz, for the B400 main gears...I have about 3 stripped gears with one way bearings in them, so I can buy just the 3 gears, and swap the bearings over in them...save a bit of $$$$

I'll get on the scale thing tonight, and I do have a 100% BONE STOCK B400, for comparison. Still got everything original, even the blades..lol...should be interesting...[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The only video I got was with the DX7 that you sent yesterday. I finished the CUB last night. I now have a lot more travel than before after I re-did the ailerons last night. The servos will go to the end of their travel before the ailerons reach the end of their travel.

Nice heli carrier.

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got a one way bearing removal tool. They have been life savers for me with the Belt CP and 600.

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
HeliStyle

well guys just got my heli only thing I didn't like with xheli is the brushless motor didn't come in :/

they never said it was back ordered or anything, just sent me a card in the box saying it could be 2-4 weeks ahhh

I might just get my money refunded and buy it elsewhere
Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

AWESOME...take some pics!!!

How does it look otherwise, aside from the motor issue?

Wonder why the motor is delayed, any explanation?

That is cool that you got it OK, since we were a bit skeptical of Xheli....

Glenn
Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just got my screws from RCscewz...the ones that were not in the 500 stainless kit...for the TT version...

I was expecting 6 of one size, and 2 of the other size that I didn't get in the kit...

He sent a bag of 25, and 15 screws, respectively...

I can honestly say that RCscrewz is a class act, he shipped them priority mail, at no cost to me....and fast too...

Glenn
Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear RCscrewz is a good company and that you got a lot of extras.

Heli,

Cool to hear you got your heli. Sorry to hear about your motor. Does your LHS have a 450 sized motor?

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 PM
HeliStyle

nah they don't, you nick you think like a esky belt cp brushless motor would work?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 PM
HeliStyle

some pictures of the new heli

Name:	Hf97528.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1139893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92394.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1139894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24390.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1139895  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.