Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick ~

Hopefully I won't need any long extensions, but I dunno... Its about the same size as your Cub.

Glenn ~

Yes ! I did catch the weights... I keep forgetting to tell you. LMAO... My mind goes a million miles per hour, so I don't stay focused to long...Sorry...Lol... But yeah that is so interesting on the weights. Thanks... The one that looked very attractive in my mind since I don't crash very often and I know how to fly is the weight of the STOCK Blade 400. I'd love to have one someday and keep it stock except the servos and gyro possibly... I'd love to feel how it flies right now being so lightweight like that. My Trex with no battery is at 602 RTF... There's not to much more I can do to take it less unless I lose some metal. I have to lose just a couple more grams though so I can get it out of the 600 class... I'd rather see it instead of 602, like 599....Lol...!

Take care,

~ Jeff

Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I was poking around at Horizon, and checking crash part prices for planes....and it looks like for the T-28 like JPEE's, you can get a replacement motor shaft, just by itself...???

I guess if you crashed nose first (lol, like seems pretty likely), you could replace JUST the shaft in the motor if it was tweaked?

Wonder what the chances are of just tweaking the shaft, and not the rest of the motor?[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 12:03 AM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

I just weighed my Blade 400 number 403 air chassis. Then I put the gyro, esc, motor, 4 servos, rx on the scale and it totalled up to 504grams RTF W/O battery for the entire package. I have everything on the shelf to my her flyable in an hour or so. I never put her together so I can save her a 100% stocker shelf QUEEN.

Yours came in at 493. I think the difference could be the blades and the harbor freight scales LOL. I have had blades that came in at 27, 28, 29 plus grams each so I think thats where we differ for the most part.

JPEE

YES GLENN, YOU CAN GET THE MOTOR SHAFT. I HAD TO GET ONE AFTER THE FIRST FLIGHT/CRASH WHEN I HAD THE AILERONS REVERSED.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

My Typhoon is the same way... From the Inrunner brushless motor then goes a pinion then its geared to another shaft where the prop goes... I've had to replace the shaft once already along with a new prop. A few bucks is all... The motor then stays protected from its shaft bending if that's what your wondering. My Funtana has an outrunner brushless motor and the prop goes directly onto that.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:16 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Ahh, I see now, you are not really replacing the motor shaft itself, but the prop shaft...interesting...because I was looking at the prices, and they get like $62 for the stock motor!! YIKES!

JPEE,

LOL, yeah, probably just a variation in the Harbor Freight scales, for that little bit of difference...they should be identical. but maybe as you were saying, the blades might have varying density as well...[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 AM
J-MICHAEL

If ya just wanted a little stump jumper to mess with the Aerobird Challenger is like $100.00 and is a blast. I have two and haven't yet broke a part, but if I do there so cheap its crazy. There's no ailerons however, but it doesn't do to bad.

This was my second flight ever with a RC plane and it was with the challenger. The planes are easy to fly, but landing is the hardest to get mastered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqCL78DbYE

~ Jeff
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, that plane looks like fun....

I can imagine that landing a plane is the tricky part...lol[X(]

I have done it a few times on the sim, but I crash more often than not...lol

We'll see...

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Carljw

Jeff
That Typhoon 2 is a sweet looking plane, where did you get it. I was thinking about getting a small plane someday. Everone says a tale drager is hard to land though.
I took flying leasons in a PA18 years ago and it was a tail drager.
I am ready to get the GY401 Gyro for the T500 but my Hobby town is out of them. I was thinging since it has to be ordered I might as well try to find it on the net
I think there are a place or two that has free shipping over $100.00 so I could save a little on the tax.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Jeff
That Typhoon 2 is a sweet looking plane, where did you get it. I was thinking about getting a small plane someday. Everone says a tale drager is hard to land though.
I took flying leasons in a PA18 years ago and it was a tail drager.
I am ready to get the GY401 Gyro for the T500 but my Hobby town is out of them. I was thinging since it has to be ordered I might as well try to find it on the net
I think there are a place or two that has free shipping over $100.00 so I could save a little on the tax.

Carl ~

I got it at the LHS when I was in Cali. It was like $199.00 RTF with everything including TX, 1800 mah lipo, charger etc. etc. It has a small Inrunner brushless that came with it an E-Flite 25 amp esc, digital mg servos (cheapies, but work very well), and an RX that I replaced with an AR6100 using my DX7. It also comes with 2 props, 1 smaller for a more responsive plane, and one bigger one that is slower and more stable.

FYI.... The smaller prop makes the Typhoon fly like its on crack ! I took it out this morning, and along with the throws all maxed out, 4 + months of no flying, a little windy, and that smaller prop made that thing quite a booger to fly ! I'am also rusty as hek.... I'll have to download the video later... Its crazy... The plane is tough though, the last time it crashed in the video I did bend the prop and shaft which only costs about $8.00 for both items.

So I'll have to practice on the sim before I try that again...LMAO... I like the 3-D planes because they can take off within a few feet, and landing you can just about harrier in which makes it nice in smaller areas... My Challenger takes a longer approach to bring it in, and its cruising quicker in doing so...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
JPEE

Very Nice Jeff! It looks handsome in the air.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I couldn't fly the damn thing ! Its been so long I could really tell I lost my touch.... I used to be able to fly that thing all over and hover it, and after you see the video which lasted about 2 minutes you'll laugh your ***** off.... Like the T-28 though its a tough cookie. My next plane I just want to be a relaxed flier like your T-28 as the heli's are stressful enough... But seriously I want to get that T-28 for my next one, as I like the look of the planes that look scale also. The 3-D planes always look funny to me, but there fun to fly crazy... When you remember how to fly that is...LMAO..

I gotta go out and fly the Challenger now to make sure I seriously remember how to fly the planes...YIKES...! The cool thing with the Challenger, is that it takes the wind VERY well because there is not much 'body mass'... Just the canopy area, wings, and the stick going back to the rear flaps...Lol...

I'll video it...

Oh.... Here's the 450 yesterday testing out that 15t with the stock motor... I think the 13t had more 'bite' in the turns and such... It suffocates more I think with the 15t, and can't handle it like my CS motor did... I'll probably put the 13t back on...

http://www.vimeo.com/3305293

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 02-21-2009, 01:36 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

sigh guys I might have to settle with the esky 3800kv with a 10t pinion for a motor, every other place is sold out of the motors I have been looking at :/
Old 02-21-2009, 02:07 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

You have a great view with your new video of the 15T pinion.

Nick
Old 02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I was bored, so I figured I'd give the AR6200 that I just got back from Horizon a test, to make sure it's working...

So, I thought, what better candidate than the CPP...LOL[sm=omg_smile.gif]?

I got it in the CPP now, and it's all working...got batteries on charge...should be good for a laugh!!

Hopefully, it'll bring back enough bad memories to squash my temptation for a CPP 2 when they arrive...LOL[X(]

We'll see...

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Now I see why you were having problems with the stock Trex 500 canopy rubbing the main gear....

I just installed mine, and with 2x3S packs, it rubs on the right side...[>:]

I may do the canopy mod on HF, depending on what I think about it after I look at it again...

How is yours working out?

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Carl,

Now I see why you were having problems with the stock Trex 500 canopy rubbing the main gear....

I just installed mine, and with 2x3S packs, it rubs on the right side...[>:]

I may do the canopy mod on HF, depending on what I think about it after I look at it again...

How is yours working out?

Glenn
Glenn
I realy like it mainley becouse you can adjust it up down foward and back depending what battery pack you use. Plus the gears are no where near the canopy now.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good luck with the CPP.

Nick
Old 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Well, today was an exercise in frustration...lol

It was honestly too windy to fly much of anything...but I did put the CPP in the air...and it flew just about exactly as I remember, between wind gusts...has a little tail wag going on, but the tail is otherwise really well behaved, that little GWS motor buzzing like a bee...LOL

Then, I had a mildly hard touchdown, and broke my little vertical tail strut, the one I have epoxied about 8 times now...because I don't want to replace the boom and the motor mount/box back there...lol, so I kinda gave up....but if it was calm, I'll bet it would fly pretty well...

I attempted a flight on the B400...and didn't have much choice for a flying spot, and between the wind, and the sun setting, the B400 drifted about 50 feet downwind...lol...had a little hard landing, no damage at all...

I decided it was just not going to be one of my better flying days...so I packed it up and came home...lol[X(]

Oh well, maybe next weekend...

How's your day going?

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you got to fly today, but sorry it was too windy. It was also windy here, so I didn't get to fly either. This is when it would be good to get my RC car running again.

Nick
Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

What kinda RC car do you have?

I have had a bunch over the years, but don't have any left..mostly electric, but I had some 1/10 scale nitro cars/trucks too...they can be alot of fun!

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 07:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It is an old RC10. It is probably 15-20 years old. I got it used from a neighbor a long time ago and he got it from a racer, so I have no idea of the exact age of it, but I know it is discontinued. I just need a new shock if I remember right to be able to use it again.

Nick
Old 02-21-2009, 07:45 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL, my first RC 10 had a MECHANICAL speed control...a wiper arm slid over a resistor/rheostat deal...mounted on a ceramic bar...the wiper was servo operated....[X(]

Talk about something CRUDE...LOL

Had the typical gold anodized aluminum tub...classic RC-10 stuff..white control arms...the whole nine..lol

Brings back memories...

Glenn
Old 02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was messing with the settings on my F-14 on G4 and I got it up to 720MPH!!! I also got an electric AT-6 Texan up to 320MPH. Those really move and are a blast to fly.

Nick
Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I got your PM about the gent and the Trex's, but not sure what he wants to know...

I got my pilots license revoked today because I forgot hot to fly the Typhoon...LMAO... The Challenger flies itself, so that flight turned out a success but the Typhoon was a plane on crack today !

Watch in high quality, only 2 minutes long because I'am a noob again..... [8D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-CpSaFXqQ

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 02-21-2009, 08:58 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Were you flying on the low rates? The Typhoon sure took a beating and still kept flying. It seems like a fixed pitch of airplanes.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.