Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Ashalak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

I personally don't believe in tyre strapping, but thicker in the front diff is definetely going to be a step in the right direction. Stick some of that 30k in the front diff and the truck will turn in and out of corners without the uncertainty of ballooning tyres, you will still have more steering than your ever likely to need. If your running a big block engine in your CRT you could actually go to a 40,000 in the centre, but the 30,000 still allows some front end biased power delivery which maintains a nice easy to drive truck over the bumps and ruts.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
crazysavage

If your racing the CRT, thick front diff fluid will give you fits in the turns, 50 k is wayyy tooooo much. I run 10k front, 15k center, 3k rear, strap your tires and your truck will turn and burn with the best of them. Some diff action is good, you control it with fluid and your trigger finger. If you use your radio like an on off switch, you will have diff problems sooner or later. Also make sure you are filling the diff almost full, fluid should ooze out slightly when you tighten the screws.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Dark8ngel

use the mc8 for the force .28 works perfect, it's all I use in mine for racing now, great temps and nice steady idle!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Dark8ngel

I am still running my CRT RTR in the Minnesota Offroad Nitro Series and I was in 3rd in the UMT Pro class, just behind 2nd by 2pts. in the overall points. That will change after this weekend for I was unable to attend the 5th leg of the series this weekend do to work, good news is tho they have 2 throw outs. So should only drop to 4th in points going into the 6th leg, not bad for an RTR!

The only changes I did to make it race worthy were the cnc chassis braces(comes in pro kit), Z brace(option part for both), removed the roto start and added the normal backplate(I had an extra 1/8 starter box) and installed my extra spektrum receiver and a extra steering servo I had for my 1/8 buggy.

I also run the Werks clutch(6051 I think) on the the Force .28. Been using this for the last 3 races( 1 1/2 years in my buggy and only had to change the shoes once!) and and it's by far better then any 3 shoes I have used to date

The Force .28 has ran like a champ from day one, in all types of weather under race conditions. I am just starting on the 5th gallon and the motor is still tight! Running time is about 7 mins temping at 220-230 under race conditions on the 7 different tracks in the series, mc8 plug using a 20% race blend and a old extra O.S 2050 pipe.

I have been running the CRT RTR since the middle of February and have broken a front bumper, a front lower arm and now a dog bone at the 4th leg of the series in a qualifying run, I had the uni's as a back up. Amazed on how well the dog bones held over the months of running, but then again I'm not a lawn dart driver either, so the probably helps...lol

I went with the CRT RTR to show new racers the could compete on the club level and higher with a CRT RTR with the proper setup and save $100's over the pro kits.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:30 PM
T I G

Dark8ngel,
Thats some good news. I am going to be buying an CRT RTR on Wednesday. I feel a lot better, also reading about them, there is nothing bad about them for an RTR Truggy.
The Kits are awesome but, for the $$$$, the RTRs are a great deal. Something to add to my collection.

Later
Old 08-19-2006, 07:49 PM
jmac650

I am running 10k front 50k center 5k rear. Tried alot of diff oils and this setup seems to work the best for me. Also depends on how much hp your motor has.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 PM
savvy-racer

hey guys can i use auto grease for my jammin diff
Old 09-03-2006, 12:53 PM
mikehuff

My Dad just got a Jammin CRT, he wants to upgrade a little, what are the top 5 things to upgrade, and are there any weak points in the this Truggy to know about?
Thanks Much
Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
tarheel23

Did he get the RTR or Kit?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
mikehuff

He got the RTR, We took it out today and broke the bumper
Old 09-04-2006, 01:06 AM
tarheel23

IMO These things should be upgraded for sure, not in any particular order:

1. Front and Rear CNC braces to replace the plastic ones.
2. Upgrade the steering servo to at least 180oz. I Like the Jr. Z9000T @ 320oz. I know some others use the Airtronics 94358Z which I believe has 180oz and like it just fine.

Other things:

* You can opt for the Z brace which will add some stability to the chassis. For $25 bucks, I think it's a solid investment.
* A lot of guys like the Proline Crime Fighter MT tires. Depends on what surface you run, but they are much better than the stock Brick Pin tires.
* Universal CVD's to replace the Rear and Center Drive shafts.

Be sure to tune your front and center differential too. I think they put something like 5000 in the front and 10,000 in the center which gave me a big problem with ballooning front tires. I changed it to 10,000 in the front and 30,000 in the center and problem was solved.

Add a nice radio like a Spektrum DX2 or DX3 and you'll be in pretty good shape.

I'm sure there are some other things to consider, Like a JP1 or JP2 exhaust pipe, but these should get you improved rather quickly.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:57 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: mikehuff

He got the RTR, We took it out today and broke the bumper
First thing is that the ready to run has a softer chassis than the pro, most RTR do this to save money. I use the buggy bumper from the CR X1. Clean the grease out of the center diffs and replace with diff fluid of 7 to 10 thousand wt in the front 15 to 20 thousand wt in the center and 2 to 4 thousand wt in the rear. Get the alloy chassis braces, if you broke the bumper you will probably bend the chassis. Use the steering servo for the brakes and splurge some cash on a Hitec titanium geared super strong servo or something equivalent. Go onto www.truggyracers.com and do some seaching then ask for answers. All the questions you will be asking are alreadt answered many time over so search first.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Savage_OWNS

I have the pro kit n im running an old savage 25 engine i had from when i sold my savage as a roller. i also have the electronics from it but im lookin to get a dx2 soon.........soon as i get money. it runs good, i run 13k, 10k, 5k in the diffs. i also strap the tires for balloon prevention. i havent raced it yet, not til i get a 28 or nice 21 (ninja 28!!!) but i will once i get a nice engine and a nice radio n everything.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

I had a problem with the front tires ballooning and I went from 20K diff fluid to 30K diff fluid. Now all 4 tires grow a little bit but they are all even. I think if you strap the tires then you'll never know how your setup really is....
The 30K fluid did the trick.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: taildraggerdave

I had a problem with the front tires ballooning and I went from 20K diff fluid to 30K diff fluid. Now all 4 tires grow a little bit but they are all even. I think if you strap the tires then you'll never know how your setup really is....
The 30K fluid did the trick.
If you strap the tires you can run thinner diff fluid in the center and then you can come into the corner faster turn quicker and tighter and get on the power sooner this lowers your lap times and makes it easier to win. I've been racing the CRT against very good drivers from the day it was released and I've been from 40K fluid down to fivek fluid in the center diff. If your running on a big wide open track with wide sweeping turns then you run it any way you want to but if you are on well designed tight tracks with some serious corners, you will get spanked with thick diff fluid in the center. Unless the drivers you are up against are not as good of drivers as you. It's a trial and error process and you have to evaluate with an open mind.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the tips. I'm coming over from On Road 1/5th scale racing and we don't have to worry about center and front diffs..............
Old 09-15-2006, 08:16 PM
rcsteve86

Im looking to get the rtr, what percent fuel is everyone running. Is 30% too much?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-19-2006, 08:32 PM
badmojorc

thats what I run in mine 30% byrons, best fuel out there
imo
Old 09-22-2006, 06:32 PM
abels621

hey guys i have a couple questions on the Crt Pro. I'm confused now. Does the pro come with the Z brace? I don't think it does.

Also has anybody ran a Rb S7 engines in there Crt? I'm thinking about getting one but wondering if it will have enough low end. Also what pipe should i use?

Is the stock airfilter on the Crt good enough? If not, please reccomend a good one.

Finnally will the S7 need any shims or anything added to run 30% nitro?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Bill Plude

I just added some new X1CRT clips to my site

http://www.75th-meu.com/CRTclips.htm
Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my CRT..I just got it 2 weeks ago and ran it for the first time on Sunday... I bought the pro Kit used from a local racer....I am amazed at how good this thing handles, and how wel it can bash

Heres a video of my CRT doing some bashing at the gravel pits... I am running 30K in the center and a modded SH28P6... So far I am impressed with the combo..

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...18978039295778
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 AM
outlawti

i love my crt
Old 11-12-2006, 06:47 PM
T I G

I love my CRT to.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Bill Plude

I put an Axial .32 with the JP3 pipe in mine and had to replace all 4 tires because the ballooning wore the tread off the middle of them even after changing diff fluids. Now I have new Proline BowTie MTs on it and I have them strapped. The problem with that is now when it hooks up, it wants to wheelie!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71399.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	559037  
Old 11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Bill Plude

I put an Axial .32 with the JP3 pipe in mine and had to replace all 4 tires because the ballooning wore the tread off the middle of them even after changing diff fluids. Now I have new Proline BowTie MTs on it and I have them strapped. The problem with that is now when it hooks up, it wants to wheelie!
If you are racing with this set up, you are fighting the battle by strapping the tires but you are losing the war if you run too thick diff fluids. These types of engines make too much low end torque for center diff vehicles if you want to race. If you are bashing with it than get used to buying lots of tires and drive shafts and out drive cups and diff gears and work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.