Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

I am the same way, I lose the heli or it's orientation sometimes on the sim. In real life, I don't get nearly that far away. The only exception is when the Gaui manages to drift off too far, and it gets hard to see it, and it's orientation.

Yeah, I agree. When I think about it, I guess I am making good progress. I bought my CX2 in February of this year, and now I am doing figure 8's and banked turns, etc with a Blade 400. I guess that isn't too bad.

Sometimes it seems like it's taking a long time to learn, but I have to look at the whole picture. I am stuck on the circles, but a while back, I couldn't hover in all orientations....so it will come with time...

Well, the Gaui is all rebuilt and ready to go tomorrow, along with the other helis. I am going to work on circles, as Rob said.

I did manage to do a couple of very ugly figure 8's the other way around, but boy, they really need some work! LOL

Glenn
Old 08-10-2008, 02:10 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You will get those circles and figure 8's down before you know it.

I am going to log off, so I will have time to fly before work tomorrow/today.

Nick
Old 08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

just finished the rebulid on my cp pro, the spindle was very very bent, took alittle bit of effort to get the bearings off the shaft, but its all done, might go for a fly later
Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 PM
evdreamer

Good to hear you got the CPP rebuilt and might go flying.

I just got done installing the brushed ESC for the tail motor and it works pretty good in flight. The G90 doesn't hold as good now, so the gyro on the 3in1 must have been making it better. Then I hooked up the GY240 and the brushed ESC got rid of the bad pulsing it used to do with the 3in1. I was testing it on my bench and I flipped a switch and the tail swung around and hit my soldering iron. After that I tested it out on the floor and it seems to be working really good. Now I just need to get it flight ready and I will test it out tomorrow. I still don't know if it will work until the main blades start to spin. Now that I put the brushed ESC on I get more left yaw than I did with the 3in1. So right now the brushed ESC looks very promising. And it was like $10.

Nick
Old 08-10-2008, 03:22 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Heli,

Sounds like the brushed ESC for the tail has some promise, after you get the bugs worked out. If my CPP keeps flying like it did last night, I'll be very happy with it. It actually was pleasant to fly, and as much as I hate to say it, easier to fly and a bit more enjoyable than the Gaui.

I noticed that with the B400 and CPP, I can be a little sloppy with my control inputs, and get away with it. With the Gaui, not so much. It requires full concentration at all times to fly well. I can see now why that one guy on the video was concentrating so intensely while he was flying that Gaui indoors in France.

I am thinking about ordering a spare motor, just for when this one gets weak or fails. Can't hardly go wrong, since it costs about the same as the stock tail motor. I am happy with the motor mounted with the stock tail gearbox, I think I'll just keep it that way....seems to work fine for me.

I got all the helis all tuned up, and batteries charged, and now it looks like we are going to get storms here. But, like happens sometimes, it might clear up after the storms pass, and be nice and calm.

Heli, glad you got the spindle replaced, and hope you get some good flying in later on...

Glenn
Old 08-10-2008, 10:40 PM
HeliStyle

just ordered myself the direct drive conversion with extra rotor blades, cant wait to get it and see how it is, hopefully its still decent because I dont have enough money for a gyro right now
Old 08-10-2008, 10:47 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That is cool! It will help some, Nick would know better than I do how much his helped before he put the gyro on, and was only using the motor.

If nothing else, it should last a lot longer than the stock tail motor.

My CPP is flying the best it ever has, hands down!

When you can afford it, try to get the gyro to go along with the motor....I got mine from my eBay guy, paid $45 plus shipping, which is a really good deal.

It was well worth the effort and expense to dust off the CPP and do the gyro and tail motor...it is actually fun to fly now, not frustrating fighting the tail anymore!

Hope you get the tail setup soon. Let us know how it's going when you get it in...

Glenn
Old 08-10-2008, 10:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the tail was holding great with 100% gain with the Brushed ESC and the tail wasn't wagging. I actually needed more gain for going verticle to go into a stall turn. The tail kicked out on me doing that, but for figure 8's and fast flying the tail was rock steady. Hopefully by putting a better gyro on I will be able to do a stall turn. Then I will never have to mess with the 3in1 anymore.

Good to hear your CPP is flying good. The CPP is probably easier to work on with bigger parts. I really enjoyed being able to go into the LHS to get the spindle I needed a few days ago. I couldn't do that with my T-Rex or Belt CP and I would have to wait a week to get the parts.

So far I have 18 flights on the motor and it is still going strong.

It was raining today and it looks like there are going to be storms most of the week here. Hope the storms don't last too long for you.

Helistyle for me the motor has already payed for itself. I would be on my second stock motor by now. I like the smaller rotor because I got close to the grass a couple of times and the rotor had enough room to avoid causing some problems.

Nick
Old 08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
evdreamer

The first picture is the Brushed ESC and the second is the mess I have to clean up before I fly.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93004.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1008608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41460.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1008609  
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
evdreamer

It's flight ready! I can't wait till tomorrow to test fly it.

Name:	Vt57726.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1008632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97793.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1008633  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 AM
HeliStyle

I know you prob already answered this evdreamer but did you say the gws motor helped alot with the stock cp pro, I dont have the money for a gyro right now, so ill just be using the gws motor. looks like you have alot under that cp pro now, you must be loving it
Old 08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
evdreamer

It helps out a lot. It is more easy to control than with the stock motor. If you add a lot of throttle at once the tail will kick out, but if you do circuits it does fine. It will take some time to get the proportion and gain adjusted just right. But to get the best performance this motor can deliver a gyro helps out a lot.

Yeah this helicopter is a lot of fun to fly.

Nick
Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 AM
evdreamer

I just got done with the test flight of the GY240. And it holds a lot better than the G90. I notice when I lower the gain so the tail stops wagging I don't have enough holding power to climb verticle. Then when the gain is too high past that I don't have the piro rate of the T-Rex. I am going to try and do something about that. But by the end of the flight I was doing funnels with the CPP. I never imagined I would ever say that. It is a lot less intimidating doing funnels with the CPP than the T-Rex because of the size. And I would rather crash the CPP than the T-Rex any day. I am at 100% gain on the GY240 right now. And I also made the "wooshing" sound which was pretty cool.

Nick
Old 08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds awesome on the gyro and brushed ESC combo! That is interesting that the GY240 holds better, but not surprising, the G90/G110 are not the best quality gyros out there, but they seem to do OK for most applications. Mine do the job for me, and the price is right. I was really surprised at how well mine works in the Gaui.

I'll bet the CPP is starting to get a little on the heavy side? But, I guess the extra power from the brushless motor offsets that for the most part.

I can totally relate to the CPP being less intimidating...when I was ending my flying session last night, I was much more comfortable practicing circles and figure 8's with the CPP when the heli is coming towards me nose in.

Glad you got the CPP so well dialed in, and that it turned out so well for you.

I am very happy with mine as well.

Hopefully, Helistyle can get his setup also...

Glenn
Old 08-11-2008, 02:32 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The G90 holds great with the 3in1 and about 3/4 throttle with the brushed ESC. Good to hear your G110 is working good in your Gaui.

With the brushless motor it gets going pretty quick. It will also climb straight up fast too. Yeah the CPP feels kind of heavy now.

Good to hear you are more comfortable with the CPP. I think smaller helicopters are less intimidating.

I only got four hours of sleep and I am wasting time I could fly by falling asleep.

Yeah once helistyle gets his motor then all of us will have well behaving tails.

Nick
Old 08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from flying again and I think doing funnels on the CPP is just as easy if not easier to do than on my T-Rex. I can also go longer without worrying about running into something. I think that will help me learn to control the funnels better. I also moved the travel adjustments for the rudder up to 150% on both left and right and that has helped the piro rate go a little faster.

Nick
Old 08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are making alot of progress with your CPP....congrats, you deserve it for all the work you have put into it. The best thing is we have taken our CPP's from off the shelves, and brought them back to life again!

Mine is flying to my satisfaction...I could follow your lead, and go further, but I am good to go with mine as long as the performance doesn't deteriorate quickly. It seems like your motor has been holding up well, I think you have at least twice as many flights as I do on mine.

I also find it easier to do things that I am not sure of with the CPP. First, it is alot less intimidating. Then, like you were saying, I'd much rather crash it than the B400, or especially, the Gaui.

I'm glad we decided to "dust off" our CPP's and let them fly free once again, but just alot better this time around!

I hope Helistyle can get his up and fly well too.

I didn't fly today, too tired. I just didn't sleep well last night, and I know better than to try to fly if I'm really tired. I'll stick to the sim tonight...I can crash all I want!

Hope school and work are going well.

Glenn
Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 PM
HeliStyle

tommorrw I will be purchasing new motors for my cx2, just going to get the stock ones, Im pretty sure its the motors, I checked everything else and that seems like it could be the problem, so tommorrw after work ill pick them up from the hobby store, I really can't wait to get the gws motor for the cp pro though. Its been crazy over here though with the wedding, and im thinking about going back to school aka college, so I haven't had much time to fly lately
Old 08-11-2008, 08:57 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That sounds cool, hopefully the motors will take care of the problem. At least they are pretty cheap to replace, and you won't have to worry about them for a while.

Let us know when you get the GWS motor.

I can imagine it has been busy for you lately. I have noticed you haven't been online as much here...but hey, the wedding and college come first, then the hobbies!!

Good luck, and talk to ya soon...

Glenn
Old 08-11-2008, 11:42 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah right now I can do everything I can with the T-Rex except stall turns and inverted hovers. If tomorrows weather is good I might try to go inverted with the CPP. But I will wait till tomorrow to decide. After all the bad things said about the CP/CPP at least two of them are flying good. And now I can defend the CPP when someone says something bad about the CPP.

Good to hear your CPP is still flying good. Since the CPP is flying good for you it is smart just to leave it the way it is. Yeah I am getting as many flights in with the CPP that I can. And the motor is still holding up good. I just need some more batteries, so I can fly more.

Sorry you couldn't fly today. I shouldn't have flown because I was tired too, but when I fly it seems like I get a burst of adrenaline and I wake up.

Yeah school is good and work is busy as usual.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got done doing a funnel for pretty much for a full flight. And my flights are 4:30 minutes long. I am starting to learn how to control them and put the helicopter where I want. I am also learning how to make them go up and down. I love this helicopter!

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
HeliStyle

hey guys i was looking at an aluminum boom for my cp pro, the guy thats selling them on ebay states he is using 3/16 round aluminum which is 0.022 inches thick and is charging 8 bucks isnt that pretty thin steel, I could just go buy a piece of aluminum for like 89 cents
Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
evdreamer

I don't know much about metal booms, but I would think it would make the helicopter more tail heavy and bend in a crash. I have heard about people with bent booms on belt driven helicopters after a crash. With the GWS motor I had to move the battery forward a little, so it makes the helicopter a little tail heavy but not by much.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
HeliStyle

but isn't 0.022 of an inch pretty thin? its actually is 0.02
Old 08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
evdreamer

Here is .02" with my micrometer.

Nick

Name:	Ca82916.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1009987  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.