Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Dave,

Sounds great!

Sure, we'll get ya hooked up on the DX6i! No problem!

I see Jeff put his 2 cents in, I was going to say, I think he has used both...I have not used Dean's before...have seen them and all, but can't comment..

But since your batts are all setup for Dean's it would be a shame to swap them all...

I have had good luck with the EC3's, no complaints here...

So, that is really up to you!

Keep us posted...

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Carljw

I have a stupid question on the Sims and useing the DX6i. I havent tried any of the planes in Clearview that much and was wondering do I have to select another
model and use Aero for the planes or doesent it make a difference.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:03 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

Thanks for the the words on the connectors, I think I will stay with the Deans. That way I don't have so much to change. As far as tightness and pulling them apart, after awhile it does get easier. And there is a Trick to putting them together easily. For a dollar, I'll tell ya. LMAO!

Glenn,

Thanks so much for your feed back, but as mentioned above. I'll stick with the deans for now. The amp rating really doesn't come into the equation at all. The stock ESC on the 400 is rated at 25 amps, not sure of the burst rate, probably around 40, guessing on that. And both the EC3 and Deans connectors will handle that with ease.

Dave
Old 03-01-2009, 08:34 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Jeff,

Thanks for the the words on the connectors, I think I will stay with the Deans. That way I don't have so much to change. As far as tightness and pulling them apart, after awhile it does get easier. And there is a Trick to putting them together easily. For a dollar, I'll tell ya. LMAO!

Glenn,

Thanks so much for your feed back, but as mentioned above. I'll stick with the deans for now. The amp rating really doesn't come into the equation at all. The stock ESC on the 400 is rated at 25 amps, not sure of the burst rate, probably around 40, guessing on that. And both the EC3 and Deans connectors will handle that with ease.

Dave

Dave ~

Yeah with all the batteries you have I'd stay Deans also ! Yeah with cold fingers and cold connectors those Deans suck the big fat one in my book trying to release them...LMAO... My dad in Cali even hates those things and went with the EC3's on his 600... I like the fact that the EC3's are soldered into those little tube connectors and then in which those are secured into the terminals in which to me is a nicer solution for a better bond of not coming loose, but that's just my opinion... Many love the Deans and won't look back.

You remember...... 2 words that get me raging.....Deans connectors, and woody blades....LMAO....
Old 03-01-2009, 08:58 PM
JPEE

Hey Chopper,

I am very imbarrased to write this open letter to you Dave. All 4 of my new batteries "Rhinos" came in with no ends. I carefully soldered on new DEANS to the 4 newpacks. All of my helicopters except the 600 have EC3. Now I need to preface what I am about to say later on by first saying when I bought me 600 it came with a Thunder Power charger with DEANS for the 5000 mAh packs. So to make it so it could charge all of my Eflite packs I made a DEANS pigtail to EC3. I have battery cables and jumpers everywhere here on the bench. As I read your request to Glenn or Jeff about your packs having a DEANS and should you change them I looked over at the bench and said...... I made a pigtail for my 500 from DEANS to EC3's "I thought". Now here comes the embarrassing part. I have been brought up to ACCEPT repsonsibility for what I do, so here goes. Somewhere in my head I got bass-ackwards and soldered DEANS on all my new packs and they WONT fit my 500 EC3 Y ! ! Jumpin G-hoss-efat, Holy Cow, Quadruple YIKES....none of these batteries will work in any of my helicopters. As I sit here and look at the bench I thought I'll simply get another Y and put two DEANS at the bottom and then plug in the new DEANS packs and fly, that'll work. And then I 'll have another Y with three EC3s for all off my other packs. Then the ***** hit the fan. As I sit here a look around the bench thinking thats a good SAVE for myself I realize I have solved the 500 issue but now the 4 new packs won't fit the 400's....CRAP...DOUBLE CRAP.........how could I have made this mistake. So I said........ now I will make and other pigtail with DEANS to EC3 so they will plug into my 400s and realized this is a whole lot of work and a whole bunch of battery ends when I can with less work and "cheaper" just take the DEANS off the 4 packs and only buy 4 more EC3s and this whole issue is done.
Thats my embarrassing foepaw for the month..................and it ia a doozy! to say the least.

So Dave, I dont think I would be changing 25 packs of DEANS, I'd solder off the EC3 from the your new 400 and put on a DEANS. The amperage is a no brainer as you are not going to become the next KING of 3D flying. But then again I am asking you to take my advise after what I just realized what I did.

In the words of Forest Gump........................stupid is...is stupid does!

JPEE
Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys...

Here is the CPP2 in the hands of a very capable pilot...

Pretty AMAZING!!!

Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoiOC...eature=related

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Carljw

I got a new delema I got the pig tail for the MCX charger so I can use my Hyperion to charge the MCX batterys. I got it soldered on and the charger set to one cell
only goes from 100 to 150 no 110 for the battery size. I set it to 100 and it said charged right off the bat and it probley was even though its been sitting a few weeks.
So if I set it to 100 I probley wont get a full charge and if I set it to 150 do you think it would hurt the battreys.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That was an impressive flight. I wonder how they got their hands on one 7 months ago.

Nick
Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Was that from 7 months ago?

I didn't even pay attention...hmmm, I wonder also...?

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

glenn did you get my pm's?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Just the one about the defective ESC maybe?

That was the last one?

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM
HeliStyle

nah i sent you my radio settings so you could look over them, see if you see anything wrong, and maybe there is something with those, why the motor isnt working
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the comments on that vid go back for 7 months.

Nick
Old 03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I went back and looked too...wonder if the guy works for Horizon/Eflite or something...and wonder why it didn't come up when you checked for CPP2 vids before?

I guess we'll never know...lol[X(]

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 PM
HeliStyle

guys I really have a dumb question, what channel is the esc suppose to be plugged into?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Evan T.

No guys I've seen that video a million times it's not new and isn't that eflites vid
Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
HeliStyle

guys I am an idoit, all along, I have had my esc plugged into the battery slot, and its suppose to be in channel 1 :/
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Evan T.

Haha wow heli nice one lol get that sucker flying
Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Cool to hear that you figured it out!

Hey, we all make mistakes, that is how we learn !!

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

So you think that vid is just someone with a great flying CP Pro, and faking to be the CPP2? [X(]

Must be, how else would he have gotten that way back then?

Glenn
Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Chopper,

I am very imbarrased to write this open letter to you Dave. All 4 of my new batteries "Rhinos" came in with no ends. I carefully soldered on new DEANS to the 4 newpacks. All of my helicopters except the 600 have EC3. Now I need to preface what I am about to say later on by first saying when I bought me 600 it came with a Thunder Power charger with DEANS for the 5000 mAh packs. So to make it so it could charge all of my Eflite packs I made a DEANS pigtail to EC3. I have battery cables and jumpers everywhere here on the bench. As I read your request to Glenn or Jeff about your packs having a DEANS and should you change them I looked over at the bench and said...... I made a pigtail for my 500 from DEANS to EC3's "I thought". Now here comes the embarrassing part. I have been brought up to ACCEPT repsonsibility for what I do, so here goes. Somewhere in my head I got bass-ackwards and soldered DEANS on all my new packs and they WONT fit my 500 EC3 Y ! ! Jumpin G-hoss-efat, Holy Cow, Quadruple YIKES....none of these batteries will work in any of my helicopters. As I sit here and look at the bench I thought I'll simply get another Y and put two DEANS at the bottom and then plug in the new DEANS packs and fly, that'll work. And then I 'll have another Y with three EC3s for all off my other packs. Then the ***** hit the fan. As I sit here a look around the bench thinking thats a good SAVE for myself I realize I have solved the 500 issue but now the 4 new packs won't fit the 400's....CRAP...DOUBLE CRAP.........how could I have made this mistake. So I said........ now I will make and other pigtail with DEANS to EC3 so they will plug into my 400s and realized this is a whole lot of work and a whole bunch of battery ends when I can with less work and "cheaper" just take the DEANS off the 4 packs and only buy 4 more EC3s and this whole issue is done.
Thats my embarrassing foepaw for the month..................and it ia a doozy! to say the least.

So Dave, I dont think I would be changing 25 packs of DEANS, I'd solder off the EC3 from the your new 400 and put on a DEANS. The amperage is a no brainer as you are not going to become the next KING of 3D flying. But then again I am asking you to take my advise after what I just realized what I did.

In the words of Forest Gump........................stupid is...is stupid does!

JPEE

JPEE ~

Lol.... We've all brainfarted before....... Great to see your human..... And glad your getting better.....

~ Jeff
Old 03-01-2009, 11:02 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys...

Here is the CPP2 in the hands of a very capable pilot...

Pretty AMAZING!!!

Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoiOC...eature=related

Glenn

Glenn ~

I saw that video when I did a search a few days ago for the new CPP 2, but figured it was a E-Flite demo vid and probably in Taiwan or something, so it didn't interest me as I want to see one fly from an average pilot like all of us not someone like Kyle Stacy who can fly anything....Lol...

~ Jeff
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, there is something fishy about that vid...who knows? [>:]

Anyways, I'm sure more and more authentic and more down to earth flyers will come forward with some new vids...there are a couple on there now...lol, a couple of crashes too...

Hey, who am I to laugh, I was there myself about a year ago...lol

Glenn
Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
JPEE

Glenn, is it as bad as you thought it would there this morning?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Glenn, is it as bad as you thought it would there this morning?

Light rain, cloudy and 50 degrees here in the Pacific Northwest here at 7:00 A.M...... Let me guess JPEE..... Sunny and 77 degrees with the ladies running around in there bikini's for you right ?!..... [8D]

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.