Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

In most of my vids I was using the ball bearing dampners. It was impossible to do my funnels in my vids with the stock dampners and plenty of shims. If I remember right I had to have a higher headspeed with the bearings as dampners or I would get shaking. I think I had a crash because of it too.

Nick
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL, now I feel better about making you dust the thing off...

Your tail motor must be in pretty good shape? I remember mine didn't fly too bad when it had a really fresh tail motor in it...then it just slowly went downhill on the tail control..

I think we are alot better pilots now....and that does make a huge difference, for sure...

I remember telling someone when I first got G4 that the Heli Max CP on there was IMPOSSIBLE to fly decently...now, it's a piece of cake...not the greatest flying model, but more than managable, for sure!

Can't wait to see the video!!!

Glad it turned out postive, now ya just gotta get the shaking out of it...[X(]

It might even fly better then!!

Glenn
Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, my first attempts at using the DX6i with the CPP are looking pretty good, but I've got a strange issue going on, that's going to take some research...[>:]

Everything is working great, got the blade pitch all setup, zero pitch at mid stick, etc...nice swash travel, about +12 to -12 on the pitch on my gauge...

The snag is happening with the tail/main motor mixing...as soon as I just barely touch the throttle/collective, the tail motor spins up...it doesn't do this with the stock TX, just rebound and checked it...

I am hesitant to change the mixing pot on the ESC, since it flies so well the way it is...[X(]

I just can't think of what I need to change (throttle curve?) to keep the tail from starting up prematurely...

Hmmmm it's going to take a littel bit of research...

Glenn
Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have you tried just adding left rudder when powering up then once the heli starts to rotate left slowly add right rudder?

Nick
Old 03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I was playing around on the smooth kitchen floor, and I can compensate for the tail spinning up with the rudder, no problem. I didn't take off of the floor with it though...it might be a different story once in the air..

Seems to me I had something like this when I was setting up the CPP with the GWS and G110/DX6i, but I can't remember what, if anything I did about it...[]

It just seems kinda strange that the HP6DSM stock radio doesn't do it, but the DX6i does, at least with the settings I'm using...I wonder if I have to bring the throttle trim down some, I don't think I tried that yet?

Glenn
Old 03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Evan T.

Glenn I wonder if adding expo to the rudder would effect anything probably not maybe it would only make it respond slower but that's a good question since there is no servo you know
Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Thanks for the suggestion....and you might be right...nevrer even thought about it...I'll add it to my list of ideas...

I really would like to get the CPP2 on the DX6i, but at the same time, I don't want to lose the excellent flight characteristics that it has with the stock radio, Eflite really did a good job with the built in calibrations on the stock radio, don't know if you watched the video I posted or not...

I may tinker with it later tonight...

Thanks again!

Glenn
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I first flew 402. She went up fine and I did a few circuits. Then, do the wind I kicked her into stunt I went for just 30 seconds and the tail started whipping back and forth uncontrollably. I stepped her back down to normal and then she shook less but I still brought here down. I checked the battery because when 400 pack runs low on both my mine the tail lets go. The battery came in strong and it only had 1.5 minutes. So I put in a brand new Rhino and took off again. She when up and all looked ok. Did I mention there was some wind? well again I flipped her in to stunt and the tail went NUTS making quarter turns left and right. Before I lost her I flipped the throttle hold and she settled right down and I did an auto-rotation controlled landing from about 10-12 feet up. She came harder that normal as one would expect but no damage. As I was putting her away I asked my self what could have happened. I checked the belt of course first thing and it was perfect. Then sitting around later here at home I thought ! ! ! perhaps the one-way bearing has gone bad? any way, I'll have to do a teardown and look her over tomorrow.

Next I took up the T-Rex 500 and she flies so much different (in a better way) I just wanted to take the 400 over to the trash can and dump her. The 500 is so smooth (that video was to blurry and was not saved) she handles so well. In fact I again she is so tight that I have trouble in going out right making my left turn coming from right to left and then the dreadful turn towards myself and again the tail came way to far around by 20%. But because I was ready I brought her back and kept my swoop going from left to right on my circuit. I think I am going to have to put in some expo on the rudder to take this sensitive tail out or just fly her more. I am very used to the 400s and their sloppiness and that might be my problem with a tight and true heli. The 500 is BEST investment since I got into this hobby, what a machine!

In honor of Jeff’s request I took my whoop ass T-Rex 600 out today for a short and (blurry) "maiden flight". Seriously, I don’t know what went wrong but all of my videos came out blurry today and I had to scrap all of them but the 600…….just suffer with it LOL. My big problem in flying the 600 was the DX7 which you will here me call it the 700 in video……..hummm, perhaps I had something on my mind at the moment. Anyways………the sticks are so stiff compared to my DX6i that it made my flying like my time. You’ll hear me say “oh please turn in the corner to the tailâ€. Besides shaking from adrenaline. I se now I need more throttle and head speed but right now for this first flight I left everything at a 0-100 scale in both.

Nick, here are some picture of a 3S pack I opened up for you to see the soldering and circuit boards.
I’ll load the video when YouTube posts it.

JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29932.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1149748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68528.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1149749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39519.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1149750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32367.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1149751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi60031.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1149752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ev24553.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	1149753  
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Carljw

Glenn
When I put my CCP on my DX6i I never did get it fly good. My buddy left his on his stock tx and realy got good at flying it. So i put it away and been waiting
for the new tail setup. I took my G90 off the CPP for my B400. I tried to get the CPP to fly without the G90 and never did figure out how to set what in the DX6i
to get it from spinning like a top without a gyro.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Damn it ! I just typed a big ol' post for ya JPEE and lost it ! I accidently clicked paste and not copy and tried to go back with no luck....LMAO... I HATE THAT !!!!!!!

Anyway, great pictures, and I can't wait for the 600 video !

Gotta go kick my computer, I'll be back.................. [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
JPEE

Jeff, I learned from you. I type it all out and then do a copy and TRY to send and see how the chips fall

T-Rex 600 MAIDEN FLIGHT Remember, it is blurry but you'll get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W55kgtQYID4

JPEE
Old 03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Yeah, I will have to see...this CPP 2 sure is sweet flying with the stock radio, which isn't a bad radio at all...the only things I don't like are the manual trims, and the lack of a timer...

What is good, is that I can always fall back on the stock radio if I need to...I was going to sell it, but have since rethought that idea..[X(]

Thanks for the story on your buddy doing well with the stock radio. Sorry you never got yours working well with the DX6i...[]

Glenn
Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That was some wicked stuff there my friend ! Punch that baby in idle 2 and go for the gold bro ! LMAO... You did very well, and what a sight to see.... Can't wait to see it in a fuselage, as that's where my 500 is going to be by summer. Any 3-D is strictly for the 450 in my future, as I enjoy the sights of a heli in a scale fuselage for my long term goals....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It sounds like you are feeling a lot better, since you got out and flew some today.

You are lucky the B400 is light for autorotations, because the 450 comes down like a rock during an auto. The power of the Rhino batteries probably made what ever is wrong a lot worse.

Did you use the Rhino's on the 500 or the E-Flite batteries? You could also go into the travel adjustments for the rudder and lower them until the tail moves as fast as you want.

Have you opened up the DX7 to loosen the spring screws yet? It will probably take some time to get used to the new transmitter.

That is a cool circuit in the 3S battery.

Nick
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That vid was awesome. I thought it looked very clear in high quality. I love the sound the 600's make. It looked like the 600 handled the wind pretty good.

Nick
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

I would expect that you have seen Barrriks Huges 500 body in yellow for his 450 T, gave me wood I am telling you. I was gonna get one for the 400 but they only come in 450 Trex size. I would assume that a body could be made to wok on a 400. But the 400 is so unstable for scale flying. But now with my 4th flight with the 500 I see how stable it is I would consider it and pay the extra $$$$$ for a body that size. One thing though is, I cant stop thinking of how my heart would break if it came down, holy crap, Id just die! I know your the fiberglass boy here but I can do some glass work but the painting..EEEK! For now I want to fly the canopy 500 for a while. Just ordered one like Glenn with alot more yellow as these stock canopies we got are VERY dark and hard to see, at least for me. When the 600 was up that yellow was the ticket today.

I also used for the fist time my two (2) Heli carriers aluminum boxs. I must say when I put both the 400 and 500 in their boxes and all of my batteries for all threee helis, both my DX6 and DX7, battery testers, flight log book and such, the only think I had to carry was my 600 and I wore my hardhet camera.

JPEE
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 PM
JPEE

Nick, OMG the wind was nothing for it even in the slow/stock head speed. But man oh man that thing sounds like a heli forsure! I must admit and probably let me 400s come a bit to close to me but I feel my skills could handle a runnaway if it did. The 500 head seep and noise make me very careful. The 600, oh *****, I keep my distance from her.

Did you like the batteries?
JPEE
Old 03-03-2009, 08:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

If ya want to sport some wood ol' man () check this Trex 500 out in this Airwolf fuselage ! Now that right there is ALL ME my friend.... Fast and furious !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T9oN...e=channel_page

~ Jeff
Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah I liked the pics of the batteries. The circuit looks cool.

Nick
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

You should like this....... JPEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru-w-tBdQoc
Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Awesome vid of the BEAST!! [X(]

Wow, you handled that monster really well!!

It's going to take some time to get adjusted to it and the strange radio too...maybe like Nick said, you can loosen the tension a bit on the sticks to make it more like your DX6i...

You did great with it on it's maiden!

The vid quality was just fine, could see everything going on well...and I like the nice, bright yellow canopy too!

Glenn
Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 PM
JPEE

Thanks Glenn,

It came with a white canopy too. I might slip that on for the next flight. Today when I charged up the 600 packs (I took two) the Blinkies got so hot while the charger was at
5 amps I thought they would melt again. I should be getting my TP balancer soon when they come in to the LHS. For now I'll leave the battery low, it is well in safe are for storage.

Nick,
I had one of my 2200 pack puff today (one cell) a Ternagy with little to no load on the 500 and a short flight due to pedestrians walking out on the flied before the packs were done. They had 3.5 min at normal head. I was shocked. The pack is a year old but has never been mistreated. As you wrote earlier, I have too have had packs puff then go down in a day or so and then never have issue again. So we'll see what happens.

JPEE
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That is why from the beginning of my blinkies life like I said before I removed the tight plastic covering off of them ! Its not necessary, and they want you to burn them up to buy more ! LMAO... Mine is over a year old with the wrap off and it works like a charm, and on the 500 5-cell packs it only gets warm... Heat & electronics = bad.... [8D]

I love that video of the 600 with the scale fuselage ! This is why from the beginning when I bought the 500, I purchased an AR7000 as my intentions from the beginning was that it was going to be nestled inside a scale fuselage and I needed the extra channel to plug in the ol' retracts...

Haven't had a chance to work on that video of the CPP, but it will be up tomorrow for sure....

~ Jeff
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That is why from the beginning of my blinkies life like I said before I removed the tight plastic covering off of them ! Its not necessary, and they want you to burn them up to buy more ! LMAO... Mine is over a year old with the wrap off and it works like a charm, and on the 500 5-cell packs it only gets warm... Heat & electronics = bad.... [8D]

I love that video of the 600 with the scale fuselage ! This is why from the beginning when I bought the 500, I purchased an AR7000 as my intentions from the beginning was that it was going to be nestled inside a scale fuselage and I needed the extra channel to plug in the ol' retracts...

Haven't had a chance to work on that video of the CPP, but it will be up tomorrow for sure....

~ Jeff
HOT dang it, your right I just lost and other one! I had in front of the TP1010c fan to keep it cool and now it went like the last one, just one l yellow light remains on. If I put on the my other Blinkie (btw they are XXXXXXXXXXX brand) it works fine. I was only charging the 6 cell 5000 at 2.5 HALF. I have a good mind to send it in and see what they do? These things are not even 30 days old and thats $30.00 smackers!
BTW that video you gave me....that dude COOKS BABY
JPEE
Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

YIKES ! Yeah I knew it was time for me to take the plastic wrap off when I first got my blinky, because after only a week old the wrap was melting over the electronics... Since then, it has served me well. It also is the Common-Sense one....

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43804.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1149944  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.