Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Awesome flying on your vid!

Looks like you are really getting comfortable with doing more and more moves, and inverted flight!

Thanks for taking the time to take the vids for us!

Glenn
Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
rotarydoc

Dave,

You sure have been quiet over there....

Usually, when people around here get quiet...they are up to something, usually a new heli...LOL[X(]

Glenn
Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks. Yeah I am getting more comfortable flying inverted. I can now make all turns away and towards me going forward inverted. I still feel a little uncomfortable doing the same going backwards, so I am going to keep working on forwards flight until I don't have to think about it anymore. Then I also feel uncomfortable doing backflips going side to side. That is one thing I will practice at the baseball field and not in my backyard.

Nick
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
J-MICHAEL

There's been a gent who I've been talking to who from my You-Tube vids who has a Blade 400 and is wanting to move up to a Trex 500 after some convincing from me and others he talked to and so he just pulled the trigger on one (ESP) and so expect him to maybe show up here. A very friendly gent and we can claim him as another victim in this addicting hobby ! I told him about this thread so if he needs any assistance we can walk him through any frustrations that he might have...

Another Trex will be born......

~ Jeff
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool to hear there is another addict. He is really going to like the 500.

It is 70 degrees, but it is windy again. Then the rest of the week is going to be a typical winter day here.

Nick
Old 03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff, LOL on another victim!

I'm sure he'll settle in really well here, hope he drops in for a visit soon!

Well, I got around to checking/looking at my batteries for the CPP2, that I have had since the pre C505 days of my career...LOL..and they are lookin' pretty grim..[]

I'm sure I overdischarged them more than a couple of times, so I'm kinda looking around for new ones..

I came across these, and they look pretty nice, just about like the stock Eflite ones in size, connectors, and weight...but have a good bit more punch at 25C...and the price is right too..

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=7951

I am wondering if that balance adapter they show will fit the stock Eflite and the C505 balance jacks? It sure looks like it will, anyone have any idea?

If so, I'm in on a couple of these guys...

Glenn
Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have 5 of those for the Gaui and 2 for the 450. They are powerful batteries and the adaptor they include does work on E-Flite connectors.

Nick
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Pick up some of these also for your MCX !

http://www.helidirect.com/images/pixel_trans.gif

These would make my Vapors cook in flight !

Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

SWEET....! The CPP now is smooth as a babies ***** ! It was the rotor housing... When I stored this thing for a static model a long time ago it ran perfect so it really threw me for a loop. Not sure how it got warped or bent, but maybe the hot Cali heat in storage did her in or something... Gotta love plastic...LMAO...

You couldn't even tell from the naked eye looking at it, but spooling up the CPP with just the housing on there it sure wobbled like a madman I'll tell ya. The housing in the picture is the good one on the leftside that is now installed and the rightside one is the bad one. I did have 2 weights on each side of the flybar, but now I'am down to one on each side to try out for a bit... I wonder if you can lose the weights altogether that rest by the flybar and just leave the ones that rest by the head area ? I'll have to try that out unless Nick thinks not to...

This thing is awesome now ! I'am gonna work on gutting some more weight from 312 grams and get it back down to the stock weight of around 298 grams, and hopefully more.

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65627.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1150959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26642.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1150960  
Old 03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Cool, good find on the rotor head, yeah, you wouldn't think of that thing warping over time...

Glad you got 'er smooth as silk now....

I just got back from a little test flight of the DX6i/CPP2 combo, and it's doing great!

Got the thing trimmed, and the gyro/tail seemed pretty close with the gyro set at about 85% gain on the radio...a bit windy, so it might not be perfect, but very close..

The main reason I wanted to test some today, was to find out about flight times, I used the brand new Eflite 800mAh pack that came with it, and flew for 5:30...so I'll see where I am at....not sure if this brushed motor is going to be a battery hog or not, so I'm trying to figure that out now..[8D]

I flipped it up into idle up a couple of times, and the transition was nice and smooth, and it sounds like it's ready to go for some backflips soon!!!

Glenn
Old 03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the info on the Outrage batteries, and the balance charger lead/adapter...they look like exactly what I want...

They should offer a bit more performance, being 25C vs. the stock ones at 15C...

Glenn
Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

You get my "RC helicopter tip of the year" award!!

I just tried what you suggested on the Eflite CPP blade balancing....and it's awesome!

Now, I can use my balancer just like it is, with the blade locating pins that are already mounted on it for the bigger blades...all I have to do is remove the black end cap things, and the hole is alot larger for the bigger pins...

Thanks a million!

Glenn
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Carl,

You get my "RC helicopter tip of the year" award!!

I just tried what you suggested on the Eflite CPP blade balancing....and it's awesome!

Now, I can use my balancer just like it is, with the blade locating pins that are already mounted on it for the bigger blades...all I have to do is remove the black end cap things, and the hole is alot larger for the bigger pins...

Thanks a million!

Glenn
Glade it helped you out.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

I asked about your 50 C Common Sence Battery today. They said they no plans today to put something like that on the market. But who knows down line as to what the rc public might need, sorry.

JPEE
Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 PM
JPEE

Glenn, when you go to the site for that battery you showed above the it says down low that the balance connecter is TP. I would assume that means Thunder Power?

JPEE
Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well it has been a great day for me.

To start with the vendor “Common Sense†replaced my two new Ultra-Balancer’s (blinky) that failed. I met Mr. Bruce Sund, the Operations Manager and explained my problem. He smiled and said, let me replace that for you under warranty. They were very nice and of course their customer service after today speaks for itself, it is tops! Give them your business, they are a good group over there.

Next, the LHS called and my new TP-210 Balancer came in…hot dog! However he did not have on hand the adapter to take the balance port from Thunder Power to Align. He made a quick call to their other warehouse Heli-Hobby and they had and will bring it in the tomorrow morning…….then I’ll be a charging fool I tell ya.

They also got in my canopy for my 500 which should give me more visibility at a distance. It is like the one Glenn just got too. I REALLY REALLY like it!

Today I took out 401, 500, 600 again. I flew two packs in 401 and she flew well.

The 500, I also put two packs through her and she flies soooooooo nice and stable. I love the popping sound of the blades cutting the air. Glenn, as I said I entered the same expo to the rudder and that was ticket, no more tail coming to far around on my turns. But when I spike her which you can see in today’s video you’ll see the tail really kick around. But that is no matter to me as spiking and hard flying is not my game. I might play with it more in the future, but for now she flies fine for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khemptbJUwE wait for this to be upgraded, its REAL bad right now 6:50 p.m.

Then alias…it was time to take out the Woop-Ass 600! http://www.vimeo.com/3492898 This blurry if you blow it up, you might want to leave it small framed. I have been playing with my camera all day taking videos, chamging settings to find out why my videos are blurry now….hummmmmmm.

HOLY COW, the more I fly that thing (flight 2 now) I cannot believe how stable that big monster is. Talk about the blades cutting air, you could hear that thing all over the Park today. I can truly say……..she is easier to fly than anything else in my hanger. The scares you, but really for no reason, the bigger the heli, the easier it is to fly…..in my humble opinion. I dialed the throttle curve and pitch curves both back to stock, you know 25,50,75,100. You may remember my first lst fight video she kept coming down and bobbing on me. That s all gone now, she just flies smooth. Holy Cow, that thing has power that you cannot imagine. I spiked her to a few times and you have to be fast to bring her back! I am getting use to the DX7 and worked today on “reading the manual†LOL and go my timer set and re-aligning the curves. I also engage the throttle cut so it is in the same place as the DX6i. At this point I don’t want to have to teach my fingers new memories. I suppose real soon I’ll move everything over to the DX7. It is silly to tote two TX’s. You will hear me talking to a guy I met at the Park. He was a Heli Pilot in the Persian Gulf and flew in Iran and the US. He has in excess of 7,000 hours he said. I could have sat with him all day talking. I hope to see him there again.

Nick, please notice the way the 600 spools up. The torq is so strong that she jumps on the ground when start the throttle as slow as possible.

Glenn, glad you had fun with Pro2, sound like a sweet flier!

I guess that’s it. Tomorrow I’ll pick up my adapter cord and start charging my 6S packs.

JPEE

Old 03-05-2009, 10:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That's weird.... My dads 600 did the same thing on start-up with not much of a soft-start even changing the settings on the ESC... It would kind of jutter, and then the torque would take over kinda like you described.

Really quick.... Your Vimeo video is set to "Private" just go into your settings for that video and make it viewable by all... I'am downloading your 500 video at this moment to watch and drool over...

Glad ya had a great day flying ! I'am also very pleased that the Common-Sense company worked out for ya. There no fly by night operation, and many have been pleased with there products for quite sometime now... Congrats !

~ Jeff
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That was awesome watching your 500 video ! (waiting for the 600 one) I saw what you were saying with your tail kicking out... That 9257 should still be holding that tail punching it like that. Look at Glenns video of when he does... Have you tried re-positioning the servo on the boom fore or aft just a little tiddy bit to see if it cures that ? It should help... Or maybe your gain adjusted a bit higher in the TX ?

Gonna go watch it again.... Man your getting comfortable flying that thing ! So awesome ! I wish I lived near ya, so we could tear up the skies together !

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

The Vimeo one is working now.... I'am downloading it...

Edit: It says temporarily unavailable and try again later... I'll wait a bit...
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Evan T.

it still doesnt work for me
Old 03-05-2009, 11:45 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Wow, what a great day for you, my friend!!

I havn't seen the 600 vid yet, but you really are taking well to the 500, that is for sure! Looking good!

I have alot of catching up to do, I just can't get the stick time like you are able to over there in sunny SoCal!!

Hopefully, the weather will finally break over here, and I can get some flying in soon!

Yeah, the Outrage packs have Thunder Power connectors built on them, but if you notice in the pic there is an adapter included, to connect to the stock Eflite and C505 chargers....so I should be good to go...

Sounds like you are getting more and more comfortable with the bigger birds now...lol, my 500 still intimidates me a bit...but if I ever got it out somewhere in the open, I think that would change....I remember how much better the B400 was when I got it to a baseball field...now I need a bigger place than that for the 500 to stretch it's wings a bit...

I'll have to recheck the 600 vid later on....I can't get it to work at 11:45 EST...[]

Yeah, the CPP2 is a VERY sweet flying LITTLE heli...LOL

Glenn
Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Good to hear you found the cause of the shaking in the CPP.

Glenn,

"They should offer a bit more performance, being 25C vs. the stock ones at 15C... " A "bit more performance" is an understatement. When I went from a 15C to the Outrage on the Gaui there was a huge performance increase. Cool to hear you got to fly the CPP2 a little today.

I got to fly the 450 twice today. It was really nice outside, but I had to work so I couldn't fly as much as I wanted. I thought my old batteries were kind of useless for 3D, but once I bumped up the throttle curve the heli came alive. However, they are still not as good as my newer battiers.

JPEE,

Good to hear your balancers were replaced. Good to hear you also got to fly today.

I haven't watched your video yet, but it sounds like what I experienced when I was test flying the Belt CP for the person who bought it with an Align ESC. The Soft Start isn't very good on the Align ESC and I assume you have the same problem, but worse on the 600. My Castle Creations ESC's soft start on my 600 works great and with the castle link you can adjust it even more.

Nick
Old 03-06-2009, 01:06 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I'll have to get the book and see IF the soft start have ben dialed in?

Every since Jeff told my video was locked I went back and opened it and re-saved it. Since then it wont open even for me! It say check later. Heack it is 10:04 on the coast her so perhaps tomorrow it will re-open.

Glenn, I am glad your enjoying your Pro 2

OUT!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:10 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The 500 looked great in the vid. Let us know when the 600 vid is working, because that will be cool to see again.

Nick
Old 03-06-2009, 01:22 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah can't wait to see the 600 video... Your killin' me here ! I want to see the dang thing... I've hit refresh more than ya want to know !... My first Vimeo video was set to private also and I didn't even know it until Oracus (Kyle) told me, so I just then went back into the settings of that video and marked the box that said viewable by all or something like that, and then it worked right away for everyone to see it... Maybe there doing some maintenance or something.

Don't worry about it, we'll get to see it when its ready... Worse comes to worse just download the copy again as your sleeping overnight or something sometime and it will be ready and fresh again in the ol' morning.

I got your P.M. so thanks for the info on the Blinky... I usually use mine in the garage where my chargers are at at its usually cold in there. So I'll have to make sure I don't let it get to hot at all ever then.

Talk with ya later big guy !

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.