Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

Try and stop by here once in awhile.

I am getting ready to head off to my last indoor fun fly.[]

Nick
Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

Just wanted to say your video was *****EN. Your flying the socks off that heli. Some funnels, loops man oh man you were HOT pssssssss HOT

Just charged my first two packs with the TP210v. It does a great job and shuts down before cells can get over charged. But it appears it is a bit timley, no more than blinkies. I know first take and balance before I charge. Then when the charger say END and the battery is fully charged, the balancer still continues to do its work, again like a blinkie. I gets hot too, the case. The case has some small fins for a heat sinks. Whe I do is set one end of the 210 over my fam on my power supply and that really through cool air though it brings down the temp.

NICK, HAVE FUN TONIGHT!
JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21015.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1153209  
Old 03-08-2009, 06:43 PM
JPEE

Hello Evan,

Congradulations on getting the CX sold and getting your Hitecs. Let me know how the dremel work came for the servos behind the head. Also you knew to reverse the gyro on the gyro istself right? WELL DONE doing it all by yourself!

JPEE
Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
JPEE

Hello Evan,

Congradulations on getting the CX sold and getting your Hitecs. Let me know how the dremel work came for the servos behind the head. Also you knew to reverse the gyro on the gyro istself right? WELL DONE doing it all by yourself!

JPEE
Old 03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

whats the lowest a lipo cell should be discharged to per cell? Isn't it 3.2v?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Awesome on the new servos, and doing the install all by yourself!

You shouldn't have any more servos issues for quite a while now!

Glad to hear that you weren't too rusty after all that time off...congrats on the like new flying B400!

Glenn
Old 03-08-2009, 08:09 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Man, I have so much catching up to do...I'm wayyy behind...doesn't help that RCU is SSSLOWWWWW as molasses over here, dunno about you guys?

I'll write more later, heck, I'm still runnin' around setting clocks!

I went flying today, twice! Lots of stuff to post, and some vids too!!

I've just been sooo busy today, I'll try and get caught up tonight later on....and post the vids too...

Glenn
Old 03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool you got your new balancer.

Since it was the last fun fly I had to go out with a bang. I put on a show that everyone seemed to enjoy. The president of the club was saying they have a club near by us come and fly their helis sometimes. He was saying they have some amazing heli pilots, so I can't wait to see some of them if they stop by.

Helistyle,

The lowest Voltage you should see per cell is 3.7V. If you go to 3.2V you will kill the battery.

Glenn,

Yeah RCU is slow on my side too.

Cool to hear you also got to fly today.

Nick
Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

so I should set my lvc on my rc truck at 3.7 volts per cell?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that you went out with a bang at the last Fun Fly...

Sounds cool if you meet those heli pilots from the other club, always good to watch some experienced pilots fly...

I'll bet things were hopping at my field, but I didn't go, I would have rather flown like I did, I really need the practice!

RCU seems back to normal now.

I hope they just keep it this way

Glenn
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Yeah 3.7V is the equivalent Voltage for the 80% rule.

Glenn,

Yeah I like that it has been the normal RCU for awhile.

Nick
Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just ordered the Outrage 800 mAh 25C packs for the CPP2 from Helidirect Got 3 of them coming...so I should be set on batteries for it now...

I also ordered a frame, tailboom, tail gearbox, and wire for my original CP Pro too...might as well fix it up now, I can't stand helis sitting around broken...LOL

I probably could have gotten the old boom out, but I figured I might as well just go through the whole thing, and parts are so cheap...

I still have like 4 crappy batteries for it, so it'll be my little beater heli...

Glenn
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you ordered some Outrage batteries.

When I snapped my CPP boom I tried getting it back out, but it didn't work out too good. Then I got a new frame and Titanium boom thinking it would be easier to get that out instead of the carbon fiber boom. I guess I will never know if that would be easier to get out now.

Nick
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I decided to start all over, but I'm not sure what I am going to use to secure the tail boom yet. Some say Shoe Goo, some said some type of stuff I've never heard of, it's in the thread somewhere, lol...but I am actually thinking about using silicone RTV...probably black.

That stuff is pretty strong once it sets up, but stays flexible, hopefully enough to get it back apart...kinda like the stuff that aquariums are assembled with...

Yeah, I can't wait to try the new Outrage batteries, should give it a bit of a boost in power...

Glenn
Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Carljw

Glenn
I am sure you know obout this but I put a new frame on my CPP and tail boom and I drilled a tiny hole throw the frame and boom and used a small self tapping
screw I also did the same at the tail moter houseing on the other end. I run my wires through after I was done to make sure I dident nick them with the drill bit.
Then I used a dab of hot glue underneath so it wouldent show. If I ever get my CPP2 tail set up I can test it out LOL.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn, Glenn, Glenn...................... I'am disappointed in ya.......... You've been "holding out" on us....... [8D] Funny thing is, I saw this posted on You-Tube an hour after you posted it, but was waiting for it to maybe get upgraded to "high quality" but like mine also, they never did...So I watched it anyway, and posted a comment... Wonder what's going on with that anyhow on You-Tube ? [&:]

Anyway, great video and I'am sure liking that new CPP 2.... I say JPEE needs to go get one, and he'll then see what the jazz is all about....LMAO... The price is just to awesome for such a fun less intimadating (SP?) heli. And he could fly it in his small yard I'am bettin'....[8D]

Snowing again today like a pig ! Ok.... Back to the Freak... Trying to broaden my knowledge and so I've been snoopin' over there ! Lol.... BTW.... I would have never thought that the CPP 2 flew that good watching your video FYI....Amazing ! Seriously...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RliNKiLb41k

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RliNKiLb41k[/youtube]
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The CPP2 can sure get around quickly. Where did the bumble bee noise go. The new DD motor sounds alot quieter than the GWS.

Nick
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff, Jeff. Jeff....LOL!

Can't sneak a thing around ya, can I??? LOL

Did JPEE tip ya off?

Yeah, I posted it last night, and then while it was uploading I forgot, and restarted the PC during the upload...[X(]

Well, something bad happened after that, and for some reason, even after I re-uploaded it, and had 2 copies on there, I couldn't watch it, or any You Tube vids, it would lock up Internet Explorer everytime!!

I counldn't even copy the URL, once IE locked, the whole web browser locked, so I gave up!

I didn't even know if it worked until I got to work this morning, and checked...lol

I saw your post on the comments, and I was going to post it at lunch today...but ya beat me to it!! [>:] LOL!!

Thanks for the kind words on the vid...I am so upset that it was so cut off...looks like I need to use ZERO zoom next time, and either tilt the cam to the left, or turn my head more to the left..or both..LOL.

The naked trees don't do much to help the vid either, and they don't do much in RL flying either, at one point, in the middle of the vid, I kinda lost it against the trees there for a minute...[X(]

I'll do another, better one soon!

I love this new CPP2, just can't tell ya how much fun it is to fly!

Can't wait for some more nice weather, and my 3 Outrage packs to come in!

Glenn
Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks.

That thing is an absolute blast to fly!!

It really will scoot quite well when it has enough room...it's pretty amazing how fast it'll get going...

And it's a dream to fly, I guess because it's so much less intimidating, and there's not much fear factor as far as crashing....

Still some though, as I was looking, and the parts availability is not so good right now, for the CPP2 specific parts, like the motors, tail rotor/box, and all the stuff that makes the 2 a 2....of course, the rest of the stuff is all the same...

I would hate to crash it and have it sidelined for parts for a month or more...[>:]

I have been thinking about some flips and what not, but that has me thinking...

Yeah, the bumble bee noise is not as prevalent as with the GWS...maybe because this motor seems more powerful, and maybe isn't working as hard or as often...

You can hear it pretty well in the vid though, when I did the little fast piros...and when it was stuck in the dirt on the baseball infield, on take off..

And, like with the GWS, it will once in a while, just kinda kick the tail out a bit, at random times (wind, maybe?) but doesn't upset the flight characteristics much, if at all...and it's infrequent enough to not be a problem...

Hopefully, I can get some better vids of it again soon, the helmet cam thing takes some practice...hats off (pun intended!) to Jeff for the great vids he brings us with the helmet cam!

OH, amost forgot, I have some vids from yesterday of the Quark, and the Gaui too...but they suffer from the same cut off left side too...[]

But, I'll post 'em anyways, they turned out OK...

Glenn
Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Lol....

I've just been sooo busy today, I'll try and get caught up tonight later on....and post the vids too...

Glenn
YOU tipped me off....[8D] I'am still shocked on how well that thing flies ! Because I already have a good part selection for the CPP's it would just make sense to get the CPP 2 as my next heli in the future. Looking forward to another video ! Keep posting them, and get the word out on the CPP 2 threads when ya get home or whatever...

Boy I was on Helifreak and there is a guy running a 6s set-up on his Trex 500 running a 15t pinion ! Watching the vid I thought the head was going to explode when he throws it in idle up...Crazy...

I'll talk with ya later on,

~ Jeff

Oh... BTW... I've been noticing RCU is SLOWLY changing things... For one, there is now a [You-Tube] box where you can use your URL inside the box to post your video directly here on the forum now. I can't get Vimeo ones to work, but the Y-Tube ones do... On the "Test Forum" on RCU I saw the Admin guy try it out a couple days ago and so I tried it and it worked also. The box is located when your typing your reply up above by the qoute/image area...
Old 03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL, I was so busy/tired, I forgot I typed that, and then RCU was up and down, it slowed to a crawl...kinda lost track of where I was, and what I said![X(]

I was wondering how you got the You Tube window/box on the forum like that...cool!

I hope they got the message that everyone hated that new crap they put up on Friday....so maybe they are just making some subtle changes instead...

Wow, 6S and a 15 tooth!! They keep saying that the 500 LOVES headspeed, but that sounds insane!

Gotta go back to work..lol

Catch you guys later on, I'll post the vid on the CPP 2 threads (the TWO that I keep getting confused!!!)...

Glenn
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I'm so far behind, I haven't even watched your latest 500 vid, which I hear is very cool...I'll check it out later tonight...

Gotta go!

Glenn
Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Carljw

Hi Everyone
I just ordered my Gy401 from Ready Heli ( more mints lol) Is there anything I should know before I install it. Any one else use this gyro with the 9257 servo.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Congrats. Your 500 will be flying soon. I used a 401 and 9257 on my 450 before. Once you have the tail servo moving in the right direction and you have the gyro direction switch in the right spot, rebind the heli in HH mode or it can be a PITA to get the gyro to arm.

Nick
Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Carl,

Congrats. Your 500 will be flying soon. I used a 401 and 9257 on my 450 before. Once you have the tail servo moving in the right direction and you have the gyro direction switch in the right spot, rebind the heli in HH mode or it can be a PITA to get the gyro to arm.

Nick
So after I install the 401 get the tail moveing in the corect direction. I have the 9257 instaled and set up already so I will have to find out if the 401 needs to be reveresed or not. After that put it in HH mode then unplug the battery then plug back in then rebind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.