Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

lol i must be stupid, what am I looking at to represent 0.022
Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
HeliStyle

wouldnt .022 be like three pieces of paper thick
Old 08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
evdreamer

It sounds close, but I never measured a piece of paper before.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 03:34 PM
HeliStyle

i was just wondering I needed something close that I could compare it too, and 3 pieces of paper is pretty thin lol
Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Paper is about .003 thick, per sheet, on average. It would then be about 7 sheets thick.

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I would have to agree with Nick, why mess with a good thing? The stock CPP boom is carbon fiber, which is very tough, won't bend, and is very lightweight...just my 2 cents...

I have never broken a stock CPP tailboom, and I have had some nastly boom strikes. My Gaui's aluminum boom will bend if I look at it wrong...LOL!

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
evdreamer

The piece of paper I just measured was .004" thick. I just saw Glenn's post while I am writing this and he is right.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM
rotarydoc

Heli, Nick,

I can think of one advantage to aluminum for tail boom, and that is visibility. I was flying at dusk the other night with the CPP, and against a backdrop of trees, I could not see the tailboom or tail well at all...made orientation difficult for sure. A nice bright aluminum boom might have been more visible.

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
HeliStyle

yeah true, ill just stick with what I have lol
Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
HeliStyle

also I just got the motors for my cx2, breaking them in as we speak, I wonder if there will be a noticable difference in power compare to my old ones that came with the cx2 when I bought it on ebay
Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is a good point about the boom. When I fly later by trees with the T-Rex it is hard to see the Black carbon fiber frame. Most of the helicopter is black and the only thing I can see is the canopy. It is not a good thing to fly tail in late in the day with the T-Rex.

I just got back from trying to do a funnel again on the T-Rex and it wasn't that good. Then I tried on the CPP after that and I had a hard time. I think flying the T-Rex brought down my confidence of doing a funnel on the CPP. But by the end of the flight I started to get the hang of it again.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

When it comes to brushed motors, they are at their best when they are brand new and properly broken in. The new motors should have plenty of power. After a while of running, the commutator gets rough and pitted, and the motor never runs as well again, unless the commutator is refinished. I am calling on my RC car experience here, back in the brushed motor days! LOL

Nick,

Yeah, the black tailboom gave me a hard time, I had to stop flying, for fear of total disorientation. I also have a hard time at first when I switch helis, I do much better if I stick with one for a few flights at a time. It's nice to switch back and forth, while the other heli cools off...but it's difficult to switch back and forth back to back like that. Especially in my case, from the B400 to the Gaui...two totally different helis there, they almost couldn't be much different in the way they fly!

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 04:10 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I ran each motor on two double a's for around 1 and a half hours, so they should be decent. Still haven't gotten my gws motor conversion in yet but I only ordered it on sunday, hopefully it will be in before this weekend so I can set it up and fly.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

In 50 more flights with the CPP I will have flown it as much as the T-Rex. I can easily see me flying the CPP more than the T-Rex. Later today I might go to a parking lot and try to go inverted with the CPP. I don't know if it is enough room to do it and I don't know when the workers leave there, but I will see.

Right now I am downloading a video from helifreak that sounds pretty cool. It is an hour long video, so that should give me something to do later tonight. I have been downloading it for 4 hours and I am only at 70%. Then there is another video there that sounded pretty cool to download. It is the second thread from the top http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44 and the one above it is the other one I want to download.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
HeliStyle

wow you like your cp pro more then your t-rex, it must be really nice to fly, loyal t-rex flyers would never say that lol
Old 08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
evdreamer

I guess I am not a loyal T-Rex flyer. In my backyard I can't do much with the T-Rex, but I can with the CPP. If I want to get the true potential out of the T-Rex I need to go to a baseball sized area. I don't think I would get anything bigger than a 450 sized helicopter because I don't like driving a long distance to go fly. That is why I don't fly my plane that much. I only have 3 flights on it.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you like the convienience of the CPP, not having to make a special trip to fly it to it's potential. I am sure you still like the T-Rex alot more, and like you said, if you are going to learn something where you think there is a good chance of crashing, better the CPP than the T-Rex!

As we have said already, I really like the CPP's less intimidating size and power for trying stuff I am not really comfortable with. Even at the horse track, doing big figure 8's sometimes brings the heli fairly close in. I feel better with the CPP heading towards me a little too "hot" than to be looking the B400 nose to nose, if you know what I mean!!

That is one advantage that the huge 600's I watched the other day have....they are so big, that you don't need to be close to them to see them well. In fact, once those guys took off, the heli was nowhere NEAR them, not even close. You can see one of those helis a good distance away, and therefore, it's easy to keep a great distance away.

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 05:16 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I still love the T-Rex. There is nothing like a 450 sized belt driven helicopter. It gets kind of boring at the field waiting for the electronics to cool down. It would be better to go to my local flying field, but it is 9 miles away and I don't know what the wind conditions would be like. It would be a waste to go out there and find out I couldn't fly.

Yeah I have been in the same situation a few times with the T-Rex getting a little too close for comfort. I would rather get hit by the CPP wooden blades than the Carbon fiber blades on the T-Rex.

Yeah it would be great to fly a distance away from me, but I would hate myself if I ever crashed one of those 600+ sized helicopters.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
evdreamer

I just got done practicing funnels and I got confident enough to bring it down close to the ground. And I can speed it up and slow it down when I want most of the time.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
HeliStyle

all this talk between you guys makes me miss my flying my cp pro, hopefully when I get the gws conversion ill fly more and fear not having the stock motor fail out on me in mid flight, I tryed the new cx2 motors and theres a huge difference in power, from the old ones
Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 PM
evdreamer

Are you using the stock CX2 motors, Xtreme, or extreme motors? Yeah this GWS motor rocks. I have a lot of fun with this helicopter and motor. I couldn't do anymore funnels tonight since it is starting to get hard to see the helicopter. So I was doing my backward figure 8's since it is easier to see those since I can fly lower with them.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I love my CPP TOO !! Just got back from flying a little while ago, and was finally doing figure 8's in the opposite direction!! I first did some in the easy direction, and then just decided to try the whole second pack doing the hard direction. I finally got a couple of them to look really decent. Not nearly as good as I can the other way (was doing some beautiful ones that way). I am getting there with them. I need to get more rounded, better arc on the turns, and swing it out some more, like I do the other way. I found myself cutting the turns too soon, and making the figure 8 kinda like too shallow.

The CPP didn't miss a beat, and was easy to fly well. No tail problems at all. It even likes to hover well!

I need to give it some attention, like lube the motor bushings, and just look it over.

I brought the Gaui, but I have to go back to the drawing board with it. It somehow doesn't have enough positive pitch in the blades. I need to look and see where I went wrong. It woudld be easier if I had a pitch gauge that worked on it. I will have to use the techique in the manual, with the blades parallel to the flybar, it seems very crude, but it also seems to work well. I think when I was tracking it, I turned the higher blade down, and must have ended up with too little pitch. I never checked it for pitch, only tracking. Should be an easy fix.

I would have never imagined that I would be loving the CPP like this. After all the frustration with it in the past, now it's finally paying off! I almost wish I hadn't sold the other new one for $90!! LOL

Sounds like yours is doing very well also! Glad to hear it!

I didn't fly the B400, was planning on splitting the time between the Gaui and CPP. Instead, I just waited for the CPP to cool down while I looked at the Gaui.

There were several deer at the horse race track field. They watched me unload, and a little bit of flying, then they went away. Guess they weren't too impressed with my flying...LOL!!

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 09:47 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Way to go on the opposite figure 8's! I haven't practiced my bad forward figure 8's in a while. I have been practicing the hard one for me backwards more.

Hope you get the Gaui's blade pitch all worked out. Yeah a pitch gauge might help if there was one to fit the blades.

That is pretty funny about the deer.

I just got back from a night fly with the T-Rex. I need more flood lights, but it was better than not flying.

I am still downloading that movie from Helifreak. It has been like 10 hours, but it is pretty close to being done.

Nick
Old 08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the compliment on the figure 8's, can't wait to go out and try some more! I think now that I have "broken the seal" on them, I'll be fine. Once I know I have done something, it makes it easier for me, because I then know I CAN do it, if I put my mind to it.

I'll get the Gaui figured out, I did it the first time, I can do it again. I even emailed Readyhobby about the pitch gauge, and they said that they don't have one to fit it. The procedure is just very "crude" for lack of a better word. But it seems to get the blades in the ballpark. Then I'll have to re-track them.

How did you do the night flying? Under some lights somewhere?

I have often been tempted to fly at night under the very powerful lights at some local shopping centers, but I am sure someone would make me leave. Or, I would manage to gain some unwelcome attention from people. So, I don't fly "under the lights".

Hope you get your video downloaded. Are you burning it straight to a DVD? You'll have to let us know how it is, and if it was worth it.

Glenn
Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I wonder if Readyheli will ever make a pitch gauge for the Gaui.

The night fly was ok. I couldn't do much but some foward figure 8's and hovering. I have two flood lights on the back of my house, so I was just flying in my back yard. If I got some night blades and some more lights on the helicopter it would be easier to see.

I don't know where I am downloading it too. It is a process I have never used before. Yeah I will tell about it when it is done.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.