Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Bill Plude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

When the tire is 6"-7" tall how much traction do you think you get when you only have 1/2" of the tire gripping the dirt? The more rubber you get down on the dirt the more traction you get! I just ENJOY running the truck. I haven't had to replace anything but the tires because the centers wore out from running it on blacktop. With that said I'll just shut up, remove myself from this thread, and I'll go back to my cold weather hobby....Slot Cars!...If you check my site you might get an indication that your advice wasn't really needed.
http://www.75th-meu.com/MGSsTrucks.htm
Old 11-13-2006, 07:21 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Bill Plude

When the tire is 6"-7" tall how much traction do you think you get when you only have 1/2" of the tire gripping the dirt? The more rubber you get down on the dirt the more traction you get! I just ENJOY running the truck. I haven't had to replace anything but the tires because the centers wore out from running it on blacktop. With that said I'll just shut up, remove myself from this thread, and I'll go back to my cold weather hobby....Slot Cars!...If you check my site you might get an indication that your advice wasn't really needed.
http://www.75th-meu.com/MGSsTrucks.htm
Sorry bill, truggys are most often raced but I see that more people are starting to get them for fun running. I was not putting you down in any way. Bashing is fun...I race a CRT and a Losi8 but I hung on to my Savage for bashing. I assumed you were asking a question on how to stop tire ballooning, I did not intend to offend you.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Industry

Im thinking of getting the X1 CRT and was just wondering what is the first hop ups or upgrades I should get first. I have a Futaba 3PM that Im going to put into and then look for some servos.
Jesse
Old 12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
nbk

whats a good fr-cent-rear diff fluid i can switch too?
i think im running totally wrong
i just need a normal setup nothing particular
Old 12-30-2006, 05:21 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: nbk

whats a good fr-cent-rear diff fluid i can switch too?
i think im running totally wrong
i just need a normal setup nothing particular
Try 7k to 10k front, 10 to 20K center a 1to 3k rear. 10,10,1 works great for me!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Dirby

crazy savage.
i am thinking about getting a gas burner 1/5 scale.
what do you know about the fire starter?
is it worth getting one?
thx Dirby.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:28 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Dirby

crazy savage.
i am thinking about getting a gas burner 1/5 scale.
what do you know about the fire starter?
is it worth getting one?
thx Dirby.
Not fun for me! I was able to run a 1/5th scale Monster Beetle for about two hours and that was the time limit for the fun it provided and they are supposed to be the fastest of the 5th scales. You have to decide that one. I just sold my twin titan and it gave me joy for about 2 years but I was able to get it on the track and race it every once in awhile. I think I'm going to get a Ofna DM-1 with a couple buddies of mine and do some parking lot racing. The fire starter is known for servo and steering problems.
http://www.ofna.com/dm1-pro.html
Old 02-23-2007, 01:49 AM
B-RYAN420

here is mine C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\jammin x1 crt.jpg
Old 03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Rob6

How many laps do you guys get out of yours? I get 14 and almost 15 but on the straight away i died... [X(]
Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
mxrider131

i noticed there is alot of slack in my front and rear wheels. Ive tightened all the nuts and bolts and still have the slack. The only thing i've noticed is that the pin that goes throught the knuckle arm has slack in it. Is there a way to fix this or are all jammins this way?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
simon3g

just got a crt the other day. i like the force .28 but i think the picco .28 is calling me. i already went to the jp-3 but i want MORE. any advice/recomendations are welcome. please give your two cents.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
porkchopsx2

If you want to replace the force with a Picco then go with the new JAmmin picco engine. Trust me I had both the force and the new jammin 28 and they are miles apart
Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 AM
simon3g

good lookin out. my boss gotta revo that needs spanking, and although my force .28 is more than enough, humiliating him is all the more better. you gotta feel me.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
porkchopsx2

Having a revo against a CRT its unfair like fighting a poodle against a pitbull

Enjoy humilating does REVO owners [>:]
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 PM
visuallst

I have the RTR version of the X1CRT, im having a little trouble setting up the throttle linkage; the servo opens the carbs way past full open position, any suggestions ?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
low_blow_joe

hi, im interested to try the new jammin .28 engines.. any views on this engine? how bout parts availability? any links?? many thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM
porkchopsx2

Engine is great , dont know about parts
Old 04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Rob6

I am going to change my veiw and go with the Axial .28 in mine...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 AM
porkchopsx2

Big mistake, with my Jammin I outrun both vspecs and ninjas last sunday at the race. I couldnt beleive it myself but the thing proved to be one hell of an engine escpecially in the straights were I was catching up and overtaking those said engines as if they were nothing.

ALL HAIL JAMMIN
Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 AM
visuallst

My jammin shuts off whenever i apply the brakes, is my idle set too low, or are my linkages setup incorrectly, or both?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:02 PM
JetTech101

Yeah , your idle screw is set to low, just turn it in a turn or even half a turn. To answer your other post: I think all your problems are in your radios end-trim adjustments. If your throttle is opening way to much, then just trim it out with the end trim adj. Your brakes could be set out with this adj. also. I think spending time with your radio would help clear up all your troubles.

Now on to my thing, Bought a Jammin CRT pro today and its my first truggy, NOT my first r/c by any means. Any suggestions for a virgin truggyier? I have a 645mg steering servo off my buggy, wondering if this can handle a truggy setup?? Oh, and WOOT WOOT cant wait to run this beast.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 AM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

You can get some setup sheets and Pro setups from Jammins site. That should get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 AM
tdl8

Hey guys,

I am a newbie to this site and to rc truggies. I have had my X1 CRT RTR for about 2 months now. It is my 1st nitro rc vehicle. It is a blast to drive but I want to get the handling better on it. I get the dreaded balloning front tires down the str8's and would like to fix it. From reading the posts I see changing the diff oil and shock oil will help some and I plan to do both this week but I want to replace the tires also.

I have never glued tires before... How difficult is it to glue the tires propery? any tips?
What are the best pre-mounted tires you can get that will help get rid of the balloning?

Any help for the newbie would be MUCH appreciated!

X1 CRT RTR Force .32 engine JP1 pipe.

Thanks guys
Old 04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Force4x4

Does anyone else use the O.S. .21 V-spec in their CRT? If so how well does it race in this truck? I am still building mine so I have not been able to run it yet.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:29 AM
low_blow_joe

ORIGINAL: Force4x4

Does anyone else use the O.S. .21 V-spec in their CRT? If so how well does it race in this truck? I am still building mine so I have not been able to run it yet.
i have an os vspec in my crt. i love the engine, its my 7th gallon and time to change the piston/sleeve. although its a 3port, the engine screams.. however, im switching to a .28. im thinking of the the jammin .28. y the switch? i needed the low end grunt to clear a triple at my local track. hehehe. btw, anybody knows if theres replacement parts for the jammin .28? i heard good reviews bout the engine but will not get it till i see sum parts available. anybody can link me up? many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.