Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Yeah, I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat...lol

It's only going to be a few packs for now anyways, since flying season is almost here...

I mainly want another charger besides the stock B400 one, which I am beginning not to trust too much...

So, we'll see...

But thanks for all the input!

Glenn
Old 03-14-2009, 10:26 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

You NEVER EVER have to say sorry. But when you the brainyack! missed my comment I had to chime in. You have a good record here and have never had foepaw before. Your the best man, I meant it! no disrespect here, you are my Heli Yoda Guy!

I think what Glenn is really trying to say here with all of this charger talk is.......he needs a 6S charger for his up coming 600 6S packs!!! LOL

JPEE
Old 03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I try really hard to read everyone's posts. I read your post last night, but I had a lot on my mind last night and I was getting tired. Typically in that situation I tend to forget what I have read.

Nick
Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I think your right jpee Glenn is trying to figure out a way to sneak that 600 into his collection without giving us too many hints
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys..

LOL, no 600's anytime soon, but if I do, it MIGHT not need ANY batteries, except a receiver pack...LOL[X(]

Just got back from my not-so-local LHS, with a new toy! Got the Thunder Power TP610C...haven't even gotten it out of the box yet...

Like Nick said, I think it's going to take some setting up initially, and getting used to all the functions, etc. I had to get and/or are going to get the Eflite EC3 connector, and a JST connector, since it didn't come with them...

I also found some hard-to-find goodies there...don't know how they got them, since no one has this stuff yet...but I found an N60 tail motor for the CPP2, and the CPP2 tail motor mount...kinda strange how they had them, when even Horizon doesn't...so I grabbed them!

Now I gotta sit down and figure the charger out, and start on my OLD CPP rebuild...get it back to flight readiness...lol

Glenn
Old 03-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Evan T.

Glenn are you going to put the motor and mounting plate on the cpp and then use a gws tail rotor cool on the new charger

Do you wanna sell me your c505 now?
Old 03-14-2009, 03:13 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

You know, I did think about doing just that...I was just buying them as spares for the CPP2, but I COULD use them on the CPP....I looked, and the CPP2 tail mount still has the hole for that SILLY vertical support rod thingie too...I was thinking they might have gotten rid of that hole, since the CPP2 uses the new vertical tail FIN, like it should have been all along..

LOL on the C505...I have about 25+ lipos...I better hold on to that!! [X(]

That picture doesn't include the new Outrage packs and the stock CPP2 battery, so add 4 more...LOL

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70202.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1157565  
Old 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys..

LOL, no 600's anytime soon, but if I do, it MIGHT not need ANY batteries, except a receiver pack...LOL[X(]

Just got back from my not-so-local LHS, with a new toy! Got the Thunder Power TP610C...haven't even gotten it out of the box yet...

Glenn
Glenn,

Are you thinking Nitro?[X(]

Congrats on the new charger. Are you going to use the power supply from the C505 with the TP610C?

Are you going to flip the CPP2 now, since you got the spare tail parts once you get better?

Nick
Old 03-14-2009, 03:37 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I think I would definitely consider nitro as an option once I get alot better, like maybe after this flying season...I have no problems with going nitro, I have plenty of experience with the engines, and know fully well what to expect...lots of PITA's, esp at first!

Then at that point, it would be pretty much mandatory to join the club with Rob and fly at the field, since it would be difficult to find a place to set up and fly it like at a park, etc. I just keep remembering how much the guys at Hobby Hangar (Nate) were stressing the advantages of the very long flight times with nitro, (7-8 minutes?) vs. flying 4-5 minutes per battery...lots more stick time overall for an afternoon....but, as you well know, the A123's might be the answer too, before long, when they become more commonplace...

And I know you guys don't like the smoke, and the smell...but I LOVE IT!! Something about methanol, nitromethane and some castor oil in the air...LOL

Thanks on the charger....I'm going to use the Miata battery for it, that is what I was using to power the stock B400 charger. It works out really well, a very stable and sound source of clean power, and it lasts a LONG time on a charge..

I'll keep using the Eflite 3A power supply on the C505, since that seems to work well together...

Hmmmm, flipping the CPP2 may happen sooner, rather than later...LOL..that's all I have to say on that till a bit later...(suspense...[X(])...

Glenn
Old 03-14-2009, 03:40 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'll prob be bombarding you with charger questions here in a few...LOL[8D]

Glenn
Old 03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Outrage helis can rival the flight times of Nitro. They are light, have lower headspeeds, have lower diskloading, and have crazy amounts of power. I have read that some people with A123's can pretty much fly back to back. When they are done flying the next battery is pretty much done charging.

Yeah on the Nitro helis I have seen when they are hovering the smoke can almost hide the heli, but once they get moving then it is easier to see the heli. Maybe they tuned the engine wrong?

The 610 charger has an option to turn the charger off if the car battery's Voltage gets to low, which is pretty cool.

Nick
Old 03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the Outrage helis, didn't know all that...

By the time I might be ready, maybe A123's will have taken over the electric side, and then they will be more equal on flight times... Things change so fast in this hobby, you never know..lol!

Yeah I have seen some smoke more than others, it usually indicates that the engine is running a bit rich (lots of fuel), which is good, as far as engine longevity and cooler temps go, but there is usually less power being produced. Also, they may have been doing an engine "break in" in which you would want a rich mixture (lots of oil for the new part to work in together). I think different grades and brands of fuel will also affect smoke output.

Yeah, I saw that. I am slowly figuring out the charger, it's a bit different than the C505, but pretty easy so far...

It'll take some time....it's interesting, I does NOT like my 2S, 430 mAh packs for the Quark, 4 out of the 5 come up with a voltage error problem...I am wondering if I messed them all up? I'll have to get the voltmeter out, and check voltage on the balance leads...so far, the first Gaui 2S I put on it is OK...Hmmmm

Glenn
Old 03-14-2009, 04:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

What does it mean if the cell voltages are a bit too HIGH? Low resistance in the cells?

The one pack that will charge is about 4.12-4.13 volts. The other 4 that won't charge, or say voltage error, are 4.21-4.23 volts....[sm=confused.gif]

The Gaui packs that did charge are coming off at about 4.13-4.15 volts....

Wonder why the C505 didn't care? LOL

Glenn

Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Awesome on the new charger ! You'll love the Thunder Power quality. Its nice to just have another charger to help charge up lots of packs at a time when summer is here and were all flying a lot.

I was surprised on JPEE's last flight with his 600 and how long he flew for... I can't remember now, but I remembered it surprised me when I saw his flight time in the video. I think it was 6 or 7 minutes or something like that. Thst's cool !

Nick ~

Yeah I love the Outrage heli's ! They also offer SO MANY adjustments in the head area for fine tuning. If I was rich I'd love to have a few Outrage heli's and a MSH Protos...Lol...

Talk with ya guys later,

~ Jeff
Old 03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I hear there is a battery in the development that is safe like the A123, has a high energy density, and can be charged in 90 seconds.

I think when I get the Voltage error it is usually too low of a Voltage. Your Voltmeter should help out to see what is going on.

I just took the 450 out and it is a dream to fly with the new dampners, carbon blades, and a governor. It is a 100 times better than before and I think the governor was a big part of that. When I was flipping I couldn't hear the headspeed drop at all. When I was doing piro flips the heli liked to get away from me, so I have to re-learn how to do those. I just love the way this heli flies.

Nick
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
edblaine

Hey Guys,

JPEE on friends computer. Glenn, congrats on the new charger!

Jeff, Yes I flew for like 6.6 minutes and there was still poop in the batteries. I dont remember what it was but I am watching and loging each flight. I'll look in my flight book.

Catch up with you later. I am at my buddies housem waiting for the FEDEX UPS guy to bing his new Blade 400!! OH BOY are we having fun yet.

later guys............JPEE
Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: edblaine

Hey Guys,

JPEE on friends computer. Glenn, congrats on the new charger!

Jeff, Yes I flew for like 6.6 minutes and there was still poop in the batteries. I dont remember what it was but I am watching and loging each flight. I'll look in my flight book.

Catch up with you later. I am at my buddies housem waiting for the FEDEX UPS guy to bing his new Blade 400!! OH BOY are we having fun yet.

later guys............JPEE

JPEE ~

You look funny....LMAO... How do we know its really you... Oh yeah... I forgot the secret code word... "Lightpole"....LMAO... [8D] Cool your warming up our friends user name on RCU... We'll expect him to just pop in once in awhile and just say hi... Yeah thanks for the time JPEE, on the 600. That's crazy flight times. I don't think I ever heard of someone getting that long. Cool... My dad hovering would get like 5 minutes, using the same Air-Thunder batts. See... Your the set-up master now or something...

Later,

~ Jeff
Old 03-14-2009, 09:18 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

In an interview with Charley he said the G5 also comes with different size pullies for the belt. So if someone is running a low headspeed there is a pulley to speed the tail up and if they have a high headspeed there is a pulley to slow the tail down. Yeah it is cool that they offer so many adjustments, but I wouldn't know if I was making it better or worse. It is probably explained in the manual. Yeah the Protos are cool also. I hear it has an insane amount of power with A123's.

JPEE,

Cool to hear your friend's B400 will be showing up soon.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 12:22 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Finally got to take a break! Between messing with the new charger, and rebuilding the CP Pro, I've been kinda busy!

I love the TP610 more and more as I use it...nice unit for sure! I used it to discharge all the Gaui 800mAh packs down to 3.8v per cell, since I probably won't be flying it too much, and I wanted to experiment with the discharge function.

The Quark batteries are still a bit of a mystery. The 4 that gave voltage error readings, I discharged to storage voltage, with no issues...EXCEPT the only one that WOULD accept a charge out of the five, it gave no voltage error. That pack would not DISCHARGE. That pack is labeled #1, and it took a crap on me last weekend, flew for about a minute, then died off...so, I am thinking that THAT pack is actually the bad one...and the others might be OK. I may try to charge the others tomorrow just to experiment.

Anyways, it's a nice charger, I love it! I had to get the EC3 and JST connectors for it, but that's no biggie. I sure will feel better about using it instead of the stock B400 charger from now on...

Just about done with the CP pro rebuild, and it had some PITA parts to it...lol. The mainshaft retaining pin hole was so wallowed out, that I couldn't get the rotor head or the swash off, I had to file the raised up area around the pin hole to get them off. So, I replaced the main shaft.

I also forgot what a PITA the DD motor is to get in the stock tail motor housing since it's kinda "D" shaped, I finally gave up using a pocket knife, and got the dremel out...

I used clear silicone RTV to assemble the tail boom to the frame, and the tail motor housing to the boom. It will be interesting to see if the parts can be removed fairly easily later, and if the silicone is strong enough in the meantime...

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Evan T.

Well everyone that acomplished something COOL!!!

Well I fixed my truck today and I'm probably gonna fly tomorrow and everyday next week I'm ultra rusty now lol
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

While waiting for the UPS to deliver my buddies new 400 I flew his almost new CX2 with foldaway blades. What a HUGE difference, smooth, more power do to the cup of the blade and the release of fear that your not going to break a blade should you barely touch something. Really really nice! We waited from 8:00 a.m. to 7:40 p.m. and I had to get home and NO 400 yet. I leave and 15 min later the truck arrived! Ain't that just the way! So somebody had Christmas last night for sure. He already his HS 65MGs ready to go for installation too. I left him two sets of trainers to choose from and the rest we'll have to wait and see. I also made him a pig tail from EC3 to Deans as he bought extra Rhinos like I just did so he can use his Eflite pack or the Rhinos without having to resolder all of his packs.

ME: Had tons of home stuff to do most of the day yesterday so no flying other than a shortie as his house for one pack for the everyone. Today, I doubt there will time to fly either, so there is alway tomorrow. I have not looked but the weather "I think it supposed to warm up".

Evan, get that car going!

Glenn, sounds like that charger is a doozie................glad it is working well for you. If there is ever and earthquake here and I need batteries for lights I'll call on you to send me out 30-50 packs for auxiliary power LOL.

JPEE
Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you like the new charger a lot.

I remember those days when I had to file that part off the mainshaft too on the CPP.

Did you have a problem getting the motor in straight? I did and found the two flashings on the inside caused the motor to tilt a little. I just took a drill to the flashings until the inside was level.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 12:22 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It sounds like your friend is going to have a blast with his new B400. It is cool he already had good servos to start out with and has some Rhino's to get more flight time with.

It was kind of raining this morning, so I will have to see if it will start back up or not before I can go fly today.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Yeah, the charger is doing great, and my "mystery problem" with the Quark packs is resolved. After I discharged them all (except for the one) I charged them today, and all of them took a charge, no more voltage error issues, they all came out great at like 8.39v. So, I guess it was just that they had a bit more charge than the TP610 "liked" on startup. That is the only thing I can figure. I am sure that I charged them all on the Eflite stock CPP chargers, so maybe that had something do to with it.

Well, scratch my idea on the RTV silcone for the CPP tailbooms. It's not strong enough in that application, I let it cure overnight, and it was just too "flexy" ...and I was able to twist the tailboom a good 45 degrees in either direction, before the silcone joint failed. I think I am going to try some Shoe Goo, or maybe epoxy like Jeff said. I remember using Shoe Goo alot on RC cars, pretty cool stuff..strong, yet can still be broken free.

I don't know about the CPP2 though. I think that if I get into any 3D stuff with it, I would probably just CA the boom in place, and deal with it. I don't think it would be too much fun to have the tail twist during a backflip or other manuver, and crashing for something so stupid. I may take this frame to work, and see about drilling it out. Not so much because of the parts $$ saved, but the time involved in replacing the frame every time. If I could perfect drilling them out, it might be worth trying.

JPEE,

Let us know how your buddy is doing with the new B400!

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys used hot glue guns for repairing stuff?

I saw it mentioned on a forum one time, was thinking about it for the boom?

I have never had one before, was wondering how handy it might come in for other things too?

I am going to Harbor Freight in a bit, and was thinking about them...

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.