Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:05 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

What does it mean if the cell voltages are a bit too HIGH? Low resistance in the cells?

The one pack that will charge is about 4.12-4.13 volts. The other 4 that won't charge, or say voltage error, are 4.21-4.23 volts....[sm=confused.gif]

The Gaui packs that did charge are coming off at about 4.13-4.15 volts....

Wonder why the C505 didn't care? LOL

Glenn

Glenn,

Sorry I missed this post. With your first question what do you consider a high Voltage?

When you say 4.21-4.23V I assume it is per cell. If so that is a fully charged pack.

I haven't used a hot glue gun to repair anything. For me if it is broke it gets replaced. However, I do use the hot glue gun to assemble my A123 packs. I got mine at Harbor freight for like $10 and a huge pack of glue sticks that will last a life time for me.

Yesterday I did some new elevator flips. The one I was most scared of doing turned out to be a lot of fun. I just backed away, so it almost looked like it was nose in. Then I just flipped backwards. By the end of the flight I was doing big rainbows from side to side.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys used hot glue guns for repairing stuff?

I saw it mentioned on a forum one time, was thinking about it for the boom?

I have never had one before, was wondering how handy it might come in for other things too?

I am going to Harbor Freight in a bit, and was thinking about them...

Glenn
Glenn
I use hot glue and a set screw on both ends. Drill a tiny hole and find a small selftaper then put a small ring of hot glue around the outside.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Apparently, the TP 610 didn't like the cell voltages that were at 4.21-4.23 volts. Those packs would give me a voltage error message every time. The only one that would not give me a voltage error, the cells were at 4.16-4.18 or so...

Anyways, once I discharged them, and recharged them today, they are fine, except for one, the one with the lower voltage, which is the same one that gave me an error when I was trying to discharge it, and it is the same pack that died about a minute into the flight...

Hopefully, that makes sense. I'm tossing that one pack, since it seems that something is not right with it. It was a $21 pack, no biggie!

Cool on the hot glue.

Sounds like you are really getting comfortable with alot of new moves!

Carl,

Thanks for the tips... I'll check it out, I don't know if I have any screws that small around...[]

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 02:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good thing that one battery wasn't a more expensive battery like a 600 sized one.

I have been practing a lot of the moves on G4 for a long time, but I just needed the guts to try them. So after a little practice in real life it just clicks with me. It is just a lot of fun and the challenge makes it all the better after pulling a move off.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 03:23 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

I have a Harbor Frieght yellow glue gun and love it! I have not used on the heli excet on my CX2 skins to be on honest. It worked fine for that but you had to be careful not melt everything lol. Good to hear your charger is working out well and perhpas a battery saver too!!!

Nick, I hope the rain stops for ya. Yes I am excited as my buddy about building a brand new 400 THE RIGHT way
Old 03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The rain stopped, but it is kind of windy. I got one flight in, but I was fighting the wind most of the time. The 600 would handle it just fine, but I just feel like staying home today.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
JPEE

10-4 Nick, I hear ya. When I was at my buddies house yestersday I did that one hover and a few shoot outs and that was it. I was asked if I could fly the 400 in the wind that was present and said yes I now have the skill but ...who wants to fight it. Now the 600 I would expect would not even know the wind was blowing....but that is another story.
Take a break and "if" your have a fun fly tonight go for it........take a JPEE nap today
Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

My next indoor fun fly is next month. I don't know if I will go or not, since it should be nice outside by then.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 05:22 PM
rotarydoc

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85959.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1158486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81089.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1158487  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Now you have no excuse to flip one of those. LOL Do you have enough letters left to add another CPP2 to your signature. LOL

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 05:30 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,
In the first picture I thought the Pro was larger. Then when I saw pic 2 then you can see they are the same. Good pics too!

Now the real question is, do they fly the same??????????? he he he
Old 03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL, good points on both!!

That's what I was hinting about last night, about maybe flipping sooner, rather than later....but I didn't have the heli yet..lol

I don't know if it'll fit in the sig or not...might have to do some adjustments...LOL

The guy on one of the CPP 2 threads (jrizzle) was saying he did a little flying with his, and tried some flipping, and said it flipped in place, and was actually pretty easy...

He's got THREE of them....LOL...so I don't feel as bad now...

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks for the kind words on the pics....

That pic is of two CPP2's, my old one is still apart on the table...

I have matching twins now...lol

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

When you used the paper clip on the rotor head retaining hole, did you notice any parts savings, as far as stuff not breaking as much? Like, the paper clip would shear and not break as much stuff, or could you tell?

I got some paper clips, and was thinking of trying it on the old CPP...

Just put it through, and bend each end?

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It seemed like the same stuff still broke with the paper clip. I just liked how easy it was to get the paper clip in instead of that pin. Yeah I just cut a straight part of the paper clip off and put it in the head. Then I took some needle nose pliars and bent the ends in opposite directions.

When I used the bearing dampners it seemed to keep the spindle straight after a crash, but I haven't done anything else that would keep things from breaking or bending.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Evan T.

Glenn my lhs has cpp2's also I forgot to look in a box though

Well have fun with your fleet lol
Old 03-15-2009, 06:10 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the paper clip. Yeah those little pins are a PITA. I was wondering if the paper clip was less likely to get stuck in the mainshaft as well, which is a big PITA to get out sometimes too..I don't think I have a punch small enough to get them out.

I was looking at the GWS motor compared to the Eflite N60, they appear similar, but the shaft is quite a bit longer on the Eflite motor, and it's magnets seem significantly stronger as well. I won't miss that press-on GWS tail blade, that is for sure...mine practically fell off in my hand when I went to take it off. Eflite did a nice job with the tail rotor on the CPP2, good design.

Evan,

Thanks. It seems that most LHS have them in...now the problem is parts...that is some of the reason I got the second one, no one has the tail parts in yet, not even Horizon, except those two parts I found at the other LHS to me, which was really strange that they had them.

The other reason was that it is just SOOO much FUN to fly! Easliy the most fun heli I have now...

Have you gotten to fly much lately with the new servos?

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Evan T.

No I've only flown like 3 times since then
Old 03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My paper clips usually split in half during a crash. If there was a small piece in the head I would just tip it over and it would fall out.

If E-Flite uses the same N number for their motors as motor magnets do then it is a strong magnet. My DIY motors use N50 magnets and those are pretty strong.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the paper clip, I'll probably try it, since this heli is a beater anyways....I still can't decide whether to put these plastic blades on it or not. A friend wants to try to fly a CP heli, and I'm figuring this will be the one that I'll let him try (crash)...LOL

I'm not sure where Eflite got the N60 number from, just what I have read everywhere about the CPP2...but they are deff more powerful than the GWS ones (the magnets). Maybe that is where they got some of the increased tail holding from...the blade size is identical. I can't tell if there is any pitch difference in the blades themselves though, kinda hard to tell by looking.

Evan,

Hope your weather gets better so you can fly more soon.

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Evan T.

Can he fly a cx2 very good if he can let him fly the 500
Old 03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

LOL

He can barely fly a CX2 last time he tried...but he's one of those guys who likes a challenge....and I will enjoy watching him struggle...lol.

He actually does OK on the sim....as long as he's way up in the air, away from the ground....LOL

So, I figure, what the heck, let him see how hard it REALLY is to fly a CP heli....at my expense...lol

It's all good, he has helped me sooo much around the house fixing and building stuff, it's the least I can do...

The 500? YEAH RIGHT!!![X(]

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got 4 flights in today. On my last flight I did a figure eight were half of the circle is upright and the other half is inverted. I have been wanting to do that for a long time, since I learned it on G4.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, that is amazing! I hope I can get better with some inverted flight with the CPP2's at some point before long.

I would do like you, however, and work on it alot on the sim...

My next goals are to do some figure 8's the way that I'm not comfortable with, maybe some stall turns to get used to that, and some backwards, upright flight too...

I just need more stick time, period. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, and with the smaller CPP2's, I can find more places to practice than with the bigger helis. I still would like to get the 500 out in the open soon too...

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The CPP2 should help you with inverted flight, since it should be less intimidating and doesn't cost too much to fix.

Yeah nothing beats stick time in real life. You would probably have a lot of space at your club to fly the 500. I can't wait to join mine and see all the big helis again. I think my 600 will be the only big electric heli there, since it is mostly a Nitro club.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.