Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:12 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Yeah, I think the CPP's will be great trainers. I find myself much more relaxed with them than even the B400. It should work out well if I use those to train with for the bigger helis.

I need to go up to my field again and check things out. I was lucky last year, everytime I went, it seemed like there were plenty of helis...but I think as a rule, there are alot more planes there.

There is no real area designated for helis, they knida share the same airspace with planes. I am not sure how that would work out if there were alot of planes on some days. I need to go up and see sometime soon.

That should be alot of fun for you when you join your club too.

I wish I could get rid of this stupid cold. It's put a damper on my weekend, that is for sure..[]

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have heard that my club used to have helis fly with planes and I guess it didn't turn out too good. Based on the crashes I have seen the heli comes out looking fine and the plane gets destroyed.

Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a good combination...my field is quite wide, and not very deep. The planes all fly from about 6 or 8 flying stands or whatever they call them...and the helis have to fly all the way down at the left most end of the field.

When I was there, the helis had all the room they needed, there were few planes. But I am wondering how it would be if there were alot of plane people there.

Maybe they just wait for each other to finish or something. I need to go up and watch some more.

How's your weather looking for this coming week?

Glenn
Old 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think the weather is supposed to be good up till Wednesday. Then I think it is going to get cold again. Wednesday is the last day of the Quarter for me at school, so I am going to try and get a lot of flying in.

Nick
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

LMAO....!!!...[8D] That's sweet ya got another CPP 2 ! Lol ! You crack me up... But hey, why not ?! Sounds like they are a good flyer, so ya might as well have a couple.

Its been raining and yucky here for the last few days, so I've just been lurking at doing stuff around the house. I did get a chance to cycle a few 500 packs in the garage earlier just hovering and keeping it below neck level...Lol...

JPEE ~

Watch out for them lightpoles....LMAO... (You'll never hear the end....LMAO..) [8D]

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 AM
JPEE

Hey Jeff...........I know you are...what am I.......nah nah nah!

I will never live down being honest and sharing my fly disasters with you will I ? LMAO

JPEE
Old 03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Lol... It sucks ya hit that darn thing ! I always remembered those lightpoles in your videos sometimes when you flew that spot, and thought that would definately make it challenging. At my buddies house where I fly sometimes there is a few lightpoles next door as there is a church there... I told him as I pointed at one, that one day I'am going to hit that pole with a collision with a heli... I hope not ! But I keep a keen eye on em' since your encounter with one just recently.... [8D]

But thank goodness it wasn't your 500 or 600 heli's... I wouldn't be joking around then....

Take care my man.....[8D]

~ Jeff
Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
passerbyeus
My Feedback: (6)

lol so whats the update for good cheap blades for a blade cp pro
Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
evdreamer

Most of us on the thread don't have a CPP anymore. The only ones that do are Jeff and Glenn. Jeff likes the carbon blades and I think he still has a set of plastic blades. I think Glenn just has the stock wooden ones. I had the same kind of plastic blades Jeff does, but I can't remember the brand name. Then once I got out of the learning stage I just stayed with the stock symmetrical blades.

Nick
Old 03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
rotarydoc

passerby,

Yeah, I'm pretty much where Nick said, as well. Since I don't crash as much as I used to, I have been mostly staying with the stock wooden Eflite symmetrical blades. They are light, pretty well balanced out of the bag, and fit correctly. I have experimented with some cheaper wooden blades in the past, but they tended not to fit well, were quite heavy, and were no stronger than the stock ones.

I might try some carbon fiber ones here in the near future though. But your question was about cheap blades. The CF blades are NOT cheap.

I just got these from Helidirect, but have not tried them yet. There has been one report on here about one of them breaking though, so I'm a bit skeptical.

http://www.helidirect.com/235mm-flor...p3d-p-2436.hdx

They are cheap enough, but just be careful, and keep an eye on them for now.

Also, keep in mind that heavier blades like these are more prone to strike the tailboom in a hard landing, sometimes breaking it. This does not happen as often with the stock wooden blades as much.

Hope this helps...

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, the Shoe Goo/ Goop idea is scratched on the CPP tailboom too...LOL

I think the RTV held better than that stuff...[]

Anyways, at lunch, I just gave in, and did Jeff's plan, with JB weld...actually JB Quick, same thing, just sets up faster.

Jeff, have you had much luck getting the tailboom back out with JB weld?

ANYWAYS, at lunch, I did some more research, and one guy's idea had me thinking. He used a heat gun, and applied some heat to the CA. Then, I read that CA disolves at 188 degrees F.

So, I took my original CPP (year old, factory installed) frame and tailboom assembly to work, where I have a heat gun...

Put the heat gun on low...and heated up the tail box...which I had previously CA'd before....carefully applied the heat without melting anything, gave it a twist, and it came right off!

Then, I put it to the real test, the factory tailboom that's been in the frame for a year....and heated it up very gently, twisted a bit...and it slid right out!

So now, having learned that, I'll sleep alot better not worrying about breaking tailbooms on the CPP/CPP2's anymore!

In fact, I would not hestitate to CA them in next time as well...

Just my day, in a nutshell....LOL. Not too busy at work today...

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 02:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just for kicks, I looked it up...the one I have here at work is this one;

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...6289&Submit=Go

At that price, I think I'll grab one for home and the CPP's!

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I've never tried the JB weld, but have used two part epoxy... It will just break away when you go to twist or pull. Man good find on heating up the CA ! I've never heard of anyone doing that ever, so that's awesome info right there... We'll call it "The Doc CA heat mod"....Lol... Cool though !

~ Jeff
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear about the heat on CA. I have the same heat gun.

I got out really early from school, but it is really windy out. I think my 600 would get pushed around.

Nick
Old 03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I think all JB weld is, is another form of 2 part epoxy, it looks, acts, and smells like any other 2 part epoxy I have used...

I guess I'll find out when I go to take this one apart some day...lol

When I was thinking about this, I also remembered some guys saying that to loosen loctite, you can use a soldering iron on the area, to make it release/melt.

Looks like this applies to CA too..

Ya just gotta be careful, I think I was on the ragged edge of melting the plastic...it usually gives you a hint by getting a bit shiny..lol

But, no damage to this one, this time.

It's also worth noting that after I got the tailboom out, it was a very tight fit back in again, would barely need any CA at all, maybe a dab..

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Evan T.

Is ca the same as super glue or what
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yes.

CA, or cyanoacrylate glue is super glue.

Here's probably way more than you ever wanted to know about super glue, or CA...LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

CA is short for Cyanoacrylates. It is pretty strong and cures fast. I don't know if it is the same thing as super glue, but it is popular in the RC model world especially in RC airplanes.

Nick
Old 03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You beat me to it. LOL We posted at the same time. Too bad the seconds aren't shown anymore to see how close we really were to posting.

Nick
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Looks like I was a tad quicker on the draw....LOL

It doesn't show the seconds of the posting time though, I thought it used to? []

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LMAO!!

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

I guess missed what you were syaing theother day about your CP Pro2's. I did not know you bought two of them. But as I thnk back at what you said, seems like a remember you saying your old CP Pro was still apart, so with that said I ma not really surpised. Did you buy two just for the parts access like we did with the 400?

Jeff, the P in my last name is an acronym for the dreaded "POST"

Have Fun JPEE
Old 03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
evdreamer

Did anyone get to fly today? I got a couple flights in, but it was too windy to learn anything or get a good practice session in. I tried another backflip/rainbow in a new direction, but it didn't look too good because of the wind and I am not familiar with it. My batteries were really tired with the wind. They are alright with no wind, but I can't wait to put some A123's in and get the performance back.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
rotarydoc

Hey JPEE,

Yeah, I ended up getting another CPP2. The main reason is for a backup, yeah, especially right now, it's like the B400's were, the CPP2 specific parts are basically non-existent at this time...and with Eflite, who knows for how long?

Also, I was just so pleased with the way mine flies, I just knew right from the start almost that I had to have another, I can see myself flying these a LOT!!!

I'm just keeping the old CP Pro around as a beater. A friend of mine want's to try his hand at a CP heli...and that should be some fun!

How's your buddy doing with the B400?

Glenn
Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

So he can familure with the DX6 last night on Skype we got his radio programed for his CX2 and MCX. I expect the move will be for me to get back over there and show him how to install the 65mgs and shave the frame a bit. I left him two set of trainers, 18" and 24" some big mothers. We'll see, he is getting pretty good on the sim and flys his CX2 as well for live practice. I lent him 403 so after his first crash he'll have model to look at when he tries to rebuild his. I am sincerely hoping he can do like Evan did and fly , fly without incident!!

He is killing me...........he got his Rhinos like mine for $10.00 each less. He got servos on that sale I posted here from Hobby People at $10.00 off on each one! So he si saving money like crazy. I feel stupid for not getting in the power supply I had him get for a 20 amp for 35 bucks! I am keeping my eye on those so if they come down to that price I'll jump on one. The one like Jeff has with 20 amps and dual ports for bananas is COMING on sale but on a few bucks off like from 79 to 69.00. Buddy , thats not even close to 35.00 total.

Was gonna fly yesterday and by the time I could go there was just to much glare and a heavy breeze, so I skipped it. Today I had the car loaded with helis and hit the doc office first at 7:30 and then was gonna fly. The weather just was not clear and I kind lost interest. Tomorrow is supposed to be 80! but I have a termite inspection at our other house so I have to got there in the morning. If it is all good then on the way home I might get a flight in.

JPEE
PS: Good Old Dave is still waiting for his 400, can you believe it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.