Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I'll have to check G4 to see if there is a flybarless model on there to maybe see how they have it set-up to fly....
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I will weigh the stock head and the flybarless head plus the flybarless electronics. I checked and I got the last Gaui 450 flybarless head and I got the Skookum SK-360 flybarless unit. I had a hard time deciding between the Gaui or the Outrage head. The Gaui doesn't use dampners, thrust bearings, or a spindle. I have heard that flybarless setups like really hard dampning. Then the Outrage uses dampners, thrust bearings, and has a spindle. I read a review and someone said the dampners came out of the Outrage flybarless head, so I didn't know what was the better head. I saw a video with the Gaui head and SK-360 and the performance was just insane. I liked the SK-360, since the sensors won't drift with the temp and the setup seemed easier compared to the V-Bar. It also doesn't have a 3rd axis, so I can keep my tail gyro.

It will probably take me a couple of days to learn the setup and fine tune it. I will try and get some video of me flying it and then give a mini review.

I sometimes fly the Mikado logo 600 flybarless on G4. It has a lot of power too.

Nick
Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick, that sounds really cool on the flybarless setup for the 450!

You'll have to keep us posted on how it's coming along when you start the project...

JPEE,

Wow, that 600 sure does look nice out there crusin' around! Nice flying, esp since you have had so little stick time with it! Looking good out there!

Jeff,

Good to hear you got the 500 up in the air again at least! I need to get some more stick time in on mine again real soon too!

Dave,

So glad to hear that your B400 finally arrived! Keep us posted on how it's coming along!

Heli,

Sorry to hear about the car issues and the EXI. Hopefully, you can get everything straight, and get a heli again soon! At least you the Honey Bee for now...

Evan,

Hope you get some more flights in soon, and get back into that nice groove you were in before the servo issues, it sounded like you were having a blast with the B400..

Weather here is beautiful, but a bit windy....I'm deff not up to 100% yet from this cold, but rather, it seems as if I am right in the middle of it...[]

I'm going to try to get at least a couple of packs in if I can...

Glenn
Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you got the good weather I had yesterday. It is a little cooler here than yesterday and windier. I have been wanting to fly the 450 for a few hours, but the wind won't calm down.

Nick
Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 PM
JPEE

NICK...........JEFF,

WHEN YOU FLYING THE DX7 DOES YOUR TIMER COUNT DOWN WITH A BEEP EVERY 60. SECONDS SO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE? YESTERDAY MINE BEEBED WHEN MY TIME WAS UP BUT NO FOR EVERY MINUTE LIKE BY DX6I.

THANKS JPEE
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

NICK...........JEFF,

WHEN YOU FLYING THE DX7 DOES YOUR TIMER COUNT DOWN WITH A BEEP EVERY 60. SECONDS SO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE? YESTERDAY MINE BEEBED WHEN MY TIME WAS UP BUT NO FOR EVERY MINUTE LIKE BY DX6I.

THANKS JPEE

JPEE ~

You are correct... The DX7 only beeps when the countdown timer ends with a series of beeps then one long one. I wish it was like the DX6i and beeped at every minute interval.. I could subconciously count the minutes by the beeps then instead of trying to glance at the screen which I don't like to do when I'am flying...Lol..

~ Jeff
Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Evan T.

Nick why isn't the gaui in your sig did you sell it
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

Speaking of things, why is your CX2 still in your fleet listed below?

JPEE
Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
choppersrule

Glenn and JPEE / Old guy,

Yes, I finally got the B400 after a 3 week wait or so, as they were back ordered.

For the record, I want to thank you personally and JPEE (is he still napping, Lol), for your help
and guidance on this endeavor. As you know, I did purchase the JR DS285MG servos for the
cyclic.

JPEE, thanks so much for the web-site on the major savings on the B400. For all, if your
thinking about a B400, from Ultimatehobbies, it’s $349.95 with free shipping. Worth the waiting
time if back-ordered. They are in stock now.

https://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=EFLH1400!1002

Out of the box testing:

I threw a crow bar threw the skids for safety. I was very impressed with the set-up. Blades and
flybar paddles were right on the money, no adjustments there needed.
Only two clicks on the yaw to bring the gyro set up good. I’ve very happy with initial testing.

Saturday, will be visiting my oldest daughter, she lives out in the country with the closest
neighbor about 1 mile away. If it’s to windy, they have a huge barn to fly in. What a deal there.
That will be the maiden flight with all stock equipment. After a few packs, I'll install the JR servos.

Thanks again you guys for all your help,

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16472.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	1160840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13135.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1160841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85064.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1160842  
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
JPEE

Chopper GOOD FOR YOU!

GOOD LUCK

JPEE
Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 PM
choppersrule

JPee,

I'm surprized your still up.. LOL! Thanks for the help.

Dave
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

Congrats to you on your new 400 ! [8D] Boy wait until ya fly it, its gonna be like a K2 on steroids ! Awesome.... Can't wait for a flight report hopefully soon when ya go to your daughters house. Your gonna get hooked again ! The great thing is you'll never have to worry about those JR servos... You pay for it, but ya only have to do it once and then close the book... No sense in having to tinker with those from a crash, as there's always other things to do, so it will just get ya back in the air again quicker. [8D]

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

Thanks a bunch. I'm real excited about this one, don't know why, but I am. Gonna get a half dozen flights or so in, before I decide to punch it outl I know from all the readings and help, from Glenn and JPEE, that the JR servos for the B400 are the way to go. They just drop in, with no mods required.[X(] And the metal gears will be awesome. Just a putter-in. LMAO!

Hard to tell from the Picture, but the daughters house is the last house on the power run. It stops there. I love going out there.

Take care and tell Kelly the Old Chopper said Hi!,

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65852.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1160883  
Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
rotarydoc

Dave,

Congrats on the B400, and the initial testing, spooling up!

You're gonna love it, I'm sure!

Buying the JR servos right off the bat is great as well, you will be set on the cyclics, no worries after those puppys are in there!

I didn't realize how great a price you got! Wow, I paid full list for mine, at the LHS...I think it was $469.00!!

Sounds like you have a great place waiting for the maiden too, and even if the weather doesn't cooperate!

You are more than welcome for the advice, guidance etc...it's always a pleasure to be able to help someone in this hobby, and quite rewarding too...

I recall not too very long ago, being lost, and being helped out by so many great people, and now it finally feels good to return the favor when I can!

Enjoy, and keep us posted!

Glenn
Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

Yeah I was gazing in awe at the first picture above with just the barn and thought how cool is that ! The pic you just showed is also great ! It looks fake, and to me a heli pilot dream for flying ! Awesome.... I always have wanted someday to buy some property and hope there would be one of them very old barns that is all rustic and leaning to be there... I would try and restore it without losing to much of the old weathered and leaning look... Someday ! We've been saving for awhile now as it is for a house in the country and bigger and now that I'am into RC's there has to be a big flying area right out my back door...LMAO... No more loading the car and BS ! Its such a pain, and then hoping no one is at the field... I find myself just not flying as much, just because it seems like such a inconvenience only because I got spoiled when I was in Cali at my dads and had flying access right there from the house as ya remember... Now I got to still adjust to the 'real world' of going to a place to fly usually...Lol...

Tell your daughter I said her place is beautiful ! Man I'am so sick of having close neighbors I'am gonna scream ! LMAO... I'am a private person, but friendly to all but just do my own thing and not much to go out and do the social stuff like bars, etc.

Later gater, [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I still have the Gaui. The whole head assembly is off, some electronics are gutted out of it, the boom supports are barely hanging on, and there are various parts broken on it. The helis in my signature are the ones that are flyable. I just don't have the intrest right now to fix it, since I can do more with my 450 in my backyard. Some day it will be flyable, but I have other projects I want to do first.

Dave,

Cool to hear you got your B400. Good thing you got the metal gear version of the DS285's. I had the nylon version. It would always strip in a crash and it would be a pain to replace the gears and re-setup the head.

Did anyone get to fly today? I got one flight in, but the wind didn't want to cooperate with me. LOL

Nick
Old 03-19-2009, 12:20 AM
J-MICHAEL

No flying by me today.... I did fly a flybarless Trex 450 on G4 though earlier. It looks neat to just see the rotor disc in flight and not the flybar also...

~ Jeff
Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Least you got to fly on G4. Yeah flybarless helis look cool in the air.

Nick
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

im sure one of you guys might know this answer

as far as brushless motors, what temps should I be looking at as being normal? and what temps should I not go over?

I heard nothing over 140 degrees, and anything over that isn't good, then at 175 you start causing damage
Old 03-19-2009, 02:27 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I have a hard time getting my motor temp up to 140. Once Summer comes I will probably be pushing that. I average about 100 degrees after a flight. Once the motor gets too hot the wire insulation starts melting and the magnets start loosing their magnetism. Scorpion motors are the only motors that I know of that can handle some really high temps. I think it is around 200 degrees with them, but I don't know the exact number.

Nick
Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
evdreamer

I just did my first backward inverted circles in both directions!!! I was really tempted to turn the tail 90 degrees and go into a funnel, but I don't think I am ready for that yet.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Evan T.

Jpee no I sold the cx2 but havent changed my sig yet lol
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Congrats on the new move! Seems like you master a new one every day or two lately...

Evan,

I see you also shortened your reptile section of you sig, hope nobody died...[]

Heli,

The highest I remember seeing my B400 motor in the summer was about 128 or so...but that was with easy flying, hovering, etc. It might be a bit different this summer..[X(]

But yeah, your temps you have listed there seem about right.

Glenn
Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, good flying! There is no holding you back now................the rest is history as they say. Just dont fotget the little people you used ot SIM with on the G4 web when your at the top. And............ perhpas you could leave us some free passes that "will call" at the Fun Flys they have for you to show your stuff.

Really Nick..well done kiddo
Old 03-19-2009, 05:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think the hardest part was learning the same stuff upright. Then it just kind of carries over for inverted. I am having a blast and that is the whole reason why we fly plus hanging out on RCU.

The weather here is amazing, so you should see it tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better by then to enjoy it.

JPEE,

I don't know if I could ever be at the top, but I wouldn't forget about you guys.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.