Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

LOL, yeah I'm still learning some of that stuff in upright mode...[>:] Got a ways to go...but, that's OK, it'll give me some goals to try to meet...I would like to be able to fly some inverted before next winter, at least I'm hoping so..at least hover inverted.

Thanks on the well wishes, I'm slowly getting better, but it hasn't even been a week yet since I've been sick, hopefully I'll feel a bit better by the weekend, which is supposed to be very, very nice....not sure about the wind yet, but we'll see.

Congrats again on you progress, must be a great feeling, I know the feeling, but it's been a while..

Glenn
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I almost forgot..lol.

I got my Wingtote Heli bag yesterday. It's very, very cool!

If I don't use the foam, I can fit the Blade 400 and TWO CPP2's in it at one time

And it still has room for batteries, radio, tools, extra parts, etc....

The 500 won't fit though... I tried!

I think it would hold two B400's but I havn't double checked that yet.

I kinda had a hard time assembling it..lol..you have to put these stiff plasic/foam side pieces in to stiffen the side walls...and they are a really tight fit...had a bit of a struggle, but it's all good now.

As usual, first class service from Helidirect too..

Glenn
Old 03-19-2009, 06:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you like your heli bag.

Nick
Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

When do your flybarless parts arrive?

Glenn
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't know. I just got an email saying my order is processing, so I assume it hasn't shipped out yet. I forget sometimes not everyone can be as fast as Helidirect.

Nick
Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Can I suggest you cut the corners on the plastic inserts and ROUND them so they dont cut into the fabric, I have seen this before!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks for the tip!

I may yet do that, as it sounds like a good idea...they were actually fairly well rounded, not sharp by any means...but they are already IN there now..LOL..

I think they'll be OK...lovin' the new case though, it's going to come in really handy!

Glenn
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Evan T.

Nick you know what would be cool to do with the gaui is get a 3-6 bladed rotor head lol have you seen those
Old 03-20-2009, 12:08 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yeah I have seen those, but they aren't flipping friendly.

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Evan T.

Yeah I know but they look sweet and stable
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Where did you see the mulit-rotor heads for the Gaui?[sm=confused.gif]

I have never seen or heard of them?

Glenn
Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
JPEE

Glenn,

I just confirmation on my case for the 600. As I mentioned they did not show the canopy on in the pictures. I wrote then and they said the canopy has to be off the heli to fit. At first I thought, THAT SUCKS! but then thinking with the weight ans all if you pick up the bake and it sags a bit there would be pressure on the nose of the heli. At worst I wrap the canopy in a towel and throw it in there. I'd have to pull it off any to pop in the pack. For $29.00 it is worth taking the chance.

JPEE
Old 03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Here is a link to the flybarless Gaui heads. The 5 blade one is on the other page. http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=232_234

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You might be interested in this to protect your canopy. The name is very creative. http://www.u-neakdesigns.com/store/p...php?pid57.html

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the link.

Those look interesting, but the price doesn't look very interesting...LOL[X(]

I think I'll pass...

Glenn
Old 03-20-2009, 12:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the price is kind of high and my flybarless head was cheaper than those. The only flybarless system that would fit in a Gaui is their 3 axis system, besides the new Mikado mini V-bar. But there isn't that much to adjust on the Gaui system, so I don't know how well it would work.

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 02:58 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

You might be interested in this to protect your canopy. The name is very creative. http://www.u-neakdesigns.com/store/p...php?pid57.html

Nick
Hey Nick,
Thanks for the heads up the cano-cover yuck yuck! It is a good idea but I thinkmy wife can make something IF I need to. I'll wait until I get the bag and then go from there......thanks again for thinking of me.

My 401 just arrived to try on one of my 400's YAHOOOOOOO. I had tried three times to load some vids from yesterday flughts doing some testing and both time they failed. So I will try again and you'll see the tail go nuts on 402.
JPEE
Old 03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear your 401 came.

It is really windy here and it doesn't look like it will let up for a couple of days. My flybarless parts shipped out today, so hopefully I will get them by Monday or Tuesday.

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick `

Congrats on your 'new moves' with the 450 ! Most the moves you describe I can't picture in my mind as I'am not familiar with them, but I do know that when the words backwards, inverted come into play its gotta be just awesome looking and way out of my league for another year or two....Lol...[8D]

JPEE ~

The last few times I've tried using You-Tube my vidoes have 'failed' also, and so that's why you see some on Vimeo then as it works everytime for me then. I'll download the same video to You-Tube and then also Vimeo at the same time and then the first come first serve principle then applies...LMAO... The outcome usually just ends up with You-Tube failing and Vimeo succeeding. Ever since there experimenting with the HD option I've had nothing but problems with any videos that are HQ, or HD through them. Although You-Tube is popular, there history will go down the toilet unless they figure out some better measures like the other sites offer like Vimeo...

Glenn ~

Cool on your new tote bag ! My flying areas are close, so I usually just stuff my pockets with some lipo's and throw the heli in the vehicle with the TX and I'am ready to do some flying...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Evan T.

This will probably piss y'all off but it's to hot outside to enjoy flying lol so I'm gonna try at dusk when the sun gets to the horizon lol
Old 03-20-2009, 04:37 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I have heard that the average person doesn't know a RC heli can fly backwards and inverted and when done at the same time they think it is pretty cool. Another crowd pleaser is to hover inverted really close to the ground. When I was at my indoor fun flies people always got a kick out of when I was hovering inverted low.

Evan,

Good to hear you have warm weather. It is staying pretty nice here except for the wind now. Have fun flying later.

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

I have now TRIED downloading three times on You Tube and failed. It says "success" and then when I go to my page it says "failed to convert" crap I have lost HOURS on this. Yes I too use Vimeo and like it but like you said everyone is used to YT....... BITE ME I say after today! I have placed and order three times on HeliDirect this afternon and it NEVER has come out right. Everytime I get to cheackout something is missing in my quantites and have to go back and then the whole thing gets worse, they are on my list today too..[>:]

Evan........no sweat, I was flying on Wed at 1:30 and it got so hot standing out there and the working off of my truck tail gate I could not take it anymore and it WAS NOT FUN at that point. I set everything in the back of my truck and then pulled under a tree and then cooled off and put my stuff away for the drive home. Your OK!

Nick, sorry about your wind. The upside is your flybarless stuff is on the way HOOYA! It is supposed to get cloudy here over the weekend and then rain 80% on Sunday.
Not much time next week to fly either as we are having our other house tented, and fumigated for TERMITES! ! ! I hope they don eat my woody blades . Of course I have to be there three days while they tent, untent, gas company comes back to relight everything and such...... poooooo!
My 600 carry bag shipped today so we'll see what she looks like. Oh oh...I think? I already mentioned this earlier. Also I found a top-of-the-line bag today online for the 600, taylor fitted. $150.00 are they NUT for a soft bag. Crap I can buy a cheap suit for $150.00......their nuts I tell ya.

Glenn, break loose with a buck and get the Gaui head... come on..............
Old 03-20-2009, 05:21 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I think it is supposed to rain here this weekend too. Sorry to hear your house has termites.

Nick
Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear about everyone's weather, except Evan, who hopefully can fly later on...

My weekend weather is supposed to be pretty good, especially Sunday, in the low 60's...but I never hear much about the wind, so we'll just have to see about that come time to fly!

JPEE, sorry about your termites, sounds like a huge hassle! Hope all goes well with it.

Nah, I'll pass on the Gaui stuff...I think that kinda money would be better spent on a better tail servo and gyro for the B400...

I'm anxious to see how your GY401 turns out on your B400...

Nick,

Hope your weather turns out better than predicted, and you get the flybarless stuff early next week, so you can start that project.

I was talking to Rob via email, and he mentioned that a new member of the club may have a connection with a local gym for indoor flying next winter!

So, I am anxious to hear more about that.

Jeff,

Yeah, I probably didn't NEED a tote....just kinda nice to carry stuff and stay organized, and keep nosy neighbors from seeing all my stuff!

I am going to try to put together a little tool assortment to carry with me too..but, it's not like I ever do any repairs out in the field...LOL, just usually grab another heli...

Evan,

Have fun flying in your nice weather!

Glenn

Old 03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have you checked out accuweather.com? It list the wind speed for every hour up to three days in the future. I have it set for my homepage.

Cool to hear about your news on maybe flying in a gym next winter.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.