Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

just the stock cx2 motors, I think the ones that came with the cx2 when I bought it were shot, because this thing has so much more power now with the new motors
Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Glad to hear your CX2 is more powerful now. I guess the motors were worn out.

Hopefully, you will get your GWS stuff today. I am still thinking about getting a spare motor or two, was looking, and the motors are like $8 each. I may also try the version 1 tail rotor. It looks like it bolts on to the motor shaft rather than presses on. I don't like the way the tail rotor presses on, especially after the one flew off in flight.

When you go to do yours, be sure that the rotor is pressed onto the shaft pretty far. I had to use a small vise, as Nick did, I believe.

The only thing is, I think the version 2 tailrotor is a better design than version 1.

But, it's only like $3 or something, so I may get one just to see how it is.

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
HeliStyle

I deff will make sure the rotor is pressed on pretty well, thanks for the word on that, Once I try the setup and such and like it, im prob going to order a few more motors just to have on hand.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

So far, these motors seem to be pretty durable. I had a couple of accidents with mine at first, and it seems no worse for the wear.

And I think Nick has about 20+ flights on his, and still going strong.

Hopefully, they will be alot better than the stock motors for durability. So far, it looks good.

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Let us know how that version one rotor turns out if you decide to go that route.

Yeah I have 23 flights with the new motor.

It took 12 hours to download that video. It was weird because the way I had to download it also made me upload info to other people. I still have to figure out how to get it to a DVD. The steps on Helifreak are above my head and I never used the programs needed for it. So I will have to mess around with it later today.

I am charging my last T-Rex battery to go out to the baseball field. Right now it is perfect outside, so I hope it stays that way when the battery is done.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
evdreamer

Glenn and Helistyle,

I got the CPP in an inverted hover just a few minutes ago. It is pretty stable inverted and I held it in a hover at about 5'. Then I did 3 inverted hovers with the T-Rex and I kept it over the pitchers mound for a long time and only 4-7" off the ground. I think I got inverted tail in hovering down now. I had one more battery left for the T-Rex, but I couldn't stand the heat anymore. I tried some side in inverted hovering with the right side looking upright. I had a lot of fun. Good news both helicopters came back in one piece. Bad news the main gear on the CPP is ruined again.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
HeliStyle

how did you go about going inverted?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
evdreamer

I just went up to a height I felt comfortable with tail in and just added full right cyclic. While I was doing that I was slowly moving the collective down to negative pitch. So when the blades where perpendicular to the ground I was at half stick. It was really weird having the collective stick down so low.

Hey guys the people on Helifreak are going through the same thing http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=32108 I think Kyle Stacy's dad said the CPP was his favorite helicopter.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
HeliStyle

sounds like your pretty good with the cp pro, yeah I didn't like the cp pro when I started out to much, but with time and learning more about it, its becoming more and more fun to fly. The only issue with it is the stock tail motor, but after adding the gws motor it seems like it solves alot of problems, thanks for the link, its cool how they show kyles setup and all. That kid is amazing, first time I saw him on a youtube video I was like wow lol
Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
evdreamer

I am going to try the bearing in place of the dampners like kyle does. The dampening is very soft compared to my T-Rex. The CPP flips kind of slow right now and I have two shims in between the head and grips. I am going to drill the motor mount holes some more to move the motor back more. And I am going to try and redo the wiring, so it is cleaner. Yeah Kyle is extrememly good for his age.

I think there is a four year old who can do 3D. His hands can't fit over the sticks on the transmitter, so he uses his palms.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 05:10 PM
evdreamer

My dad and I worked on cleaning up the wiring. I think it looks better and now I don't have zip ties on the frame rubbing against the main gear. I think that was creating a lot of drag and reducing the flight times. I could still shorten the power leads from both ESC's and the wire to the tail motor. But it doesn't bother me that much. We also found the way the 10 tooth pinion was designed didn't mesh correctly with the main gear no matter where the motor was at. So I put the 9 tooth pinion off the stock motor on the brushless motor. I might try finding a better designed pinion, but in the mean time I will just run a higher throttle curve. I just need to put the head assembly back on and it is flight ready.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54333.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1010865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87809.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1010866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93533.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1010867  
Old 08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Congrats on the inverted flight with the CPP...you are on a roll!

It'll be while before I am ready for that...but when I do, it's gonna be with the CPP! LOL

I know what you mean about the lame dampening on the CPP, I thought there was something wrong with mine a while back, but when I compared it to the brand new one I had, it was almost the same. The main blades are very floppy on the CPP.

The bearing should take care of that, but I'll bet it'll be pretty sensitive to cyclic inputs!

That slop is probably why the CPP is considerably easier to fly than the Gaui. I just checked it, and the dampening is very stiff on the Gaui, no slop at all. Very tight dampening.

Yeah, if I go ahead with the v.1 tail blades, I'll be sure to let you know how they work out. I noticed that is what Kyle's CPP was setup with, so they can't be too bad...

I haven't even flown the CPP in idle up yet, that will be my next step before long, to see how it flies like that. Should be interesting, as long as I don't forget and slam it to the ground....LOL

Good luck moving the motor back some more.

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the CPP isn't that bad inverted. If you can hover upright and know what the stick inputs will do while inverted it is kind of easy. Practicing a lot on the sim helped out on that.

Now there is no slop in the head. I was wanting more cyclic response out of the CPP before this with two shims, so I think I am ready until it is in the air. My CPP wasn't flipping as good as Kyle's was in his video. It was very slow and easy.

If you have the same pitch and throttle curves for normal and idle up above half stick you won't notice a difference in idle up. The only thing to worry about is the landing. Just don't add too much negative pitch in idle up.

The 9 tooth pinion spins much better. So I didn't need to drill anymore. It sounds, so much better when I went up to half stick on the ground. I will get a test flight in soon.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 06:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

This 9 tooth pinion works just as good as the 10 tooth. The drivetrain is so quite compared to the 10 tooth setup. Once I charge the battery I will find how effiecent this setup is.

I love the bearings in place of the dampners. If you can fly with two shims it is no different, but it is so precise. It does what I tell it and it is so smooth. The funnels were very easy with this setup. I was getting down very low and fast. If you were wondering the bearings I put in the head are the same as the ones in the grips.

E-Flite should have just made the CPP with seperates and a DD motor instead of the 4in1 and 3in1. On Helifreak there are a lot of people complaining about the CPP and having to upgrade it, but it is an amazing helicopter when setup right. It is worth the money I put into it. John Adams was talking about doing funnels the size of garbage cans with the CPP and now I know what he means.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
HeliStyle

all this talk and such I come to the conclusion, im going to sell my blade cx2 with two extra packs of blades and 3 lipos on ebay, so I can upgrade my cp pro. I flew my cx2 at my parents house and got very bored with it after one pack because you really can't do much with it, which we all know. I think with the money for it im going to get a gyro for the cp pro
Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
evdreamer

I am uploading a video of my CPP which will show you, you can't get bored with this helicopter. I have no idea when it will be done, but I will post it when I find out.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome on the bearing setup, thanks for the tip. It'll probably be some time before I ever attempt inverted with the CPP. I will do like you, and just spend alot of time practicing on the sim. I can easily get the helis on the sim inverted, no problem, but I get a little mixed up on the elevator being backwards. I have hovered them on the sim for a while, but not really flown them around inverted much.

Glad to hear that the 9 tooth pinion also worked out well, and is much quieter. I can't stand a noisey geartrain on my helis. That is one area where the Hirobo helicopters that I have really shine, they have nice almost silent geartrains. Very smooth sounding. The CX2 is very course sounding, and I think the fuselage/caonopy amplifies it.

Nice job you and your dad did on the wiring. I know exactly what you mean about the tie wraps touching the main gear. When I wrap mine around the frame, the tie wraps almost touch the spokes of the main gear, but I tighten them up enough to just clear the gear.

I tried flipping the idle up tonight while in a hover. I gave it some negative input on the collective, and it dropped like a rock, as it should. I didn't have any difference in throttle speed, because I have never set the throttle curve for idle up yet.

I was really slow at work today, so I spent lots of time on the sim. I was doing backwards flight. It is very difficult to learn, for me, at least. I did manage to learn to do clockwise circles around myself on the sim. But the other direction is giving me fits...going counterclockwise around myself. Can't get it to save me. Just need more practice, I suppose. I keep turning the aileron the wrong way. The other way seems almost natural for me.

Let me send this before I lose it...

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 08:33 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I flew a couple of packs tonight at the horse track. It was a bit breezy, but I have decided not to let that deter me anymore, except with the Quark or Gaui...

I flew the CPP first, and it flew great, and I did some more opposite figure 8's that turned out well. So I am getting somewhere. I was also much more relaxed flying than I used to be. Especially with the CPP.

Then I flew the B400, and managed some opposite figure 8's with it as well. Not quite as good as the CPP ones, but not bad. Much better than I could do before.

I got the Gaui out, to check it out after I adjusted the linkage to get more positive pitch. It is closer, but it still needs more. It was taking like 7/8 throttle to hover it. I just got done adjusting the links two more turns. The method for setting the pitch leaves alot to be desired.

So, overall, I had a nice heli day. No helicopters were injured in these experiements! LOL

I'll be looking for the video when you get it posted.

Heli,

That sounds like a plan, I haven't touched my CX2 in so long, I probably forgot how to fly a Coax heli! Like Nick says, you won't get bored with the CPP, especially if you get the gyro and get it flying well.

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 08:35 PM
HeliStyle

yeah its time to get serious with the cp pro, the cx2 isnt much fun anymore
Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I will probably use my CX2 and the Hirobo XRB more during the winter months, when it's too cold up here to spend much time outside. You have a big advantage over Nick and I when the winter months set in. I don't mind the cold too much, but not when it's like 18 degrees and windy, like it can get here in the winter. Not to mention snow. But it might be really cool to fly in the snow, come to think about it....

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am getting a little more vibration than usual with the bearing setup, but they said to have a high headspeed to get rid of it. It doesn't affect the handling though.

I think one of the Mikado helicopters has a closed drivetrain and they have a v shape gear that is supposed to be very quiet.

Good to hear the helicopter didn't crash when you added a lot of negative pitch. I think it is kind of cool to see a helicopter in control zooming to the ground.

Good to hear you are getting one of the directions backwards on the sim.

I did my hard backward figure 8 and it turned out pretty good. I felt confident enough to speed it up. It is cool both of our hard figure 8's turned out good today.

Good to hear the Gaui's pitch is coming along.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSf5pFI7rfw Hope you guys enjoy.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I've been snoopin' here for quite awhile, and now I have to step in quietly to say great flying with that CPP ! Man, you got it down my friend.... If I wasn't chewing on a lot right now, I'd be getting back to my CPP for a phase 2 overhaul like you guys have been. Amazing.... I will in time though. You and Glenn just set the seed deep for me...Lol..

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
HeliStyle

I agree nick you are very very good with the cp pro
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It's good to see another person on the thread. It's good to hear more people are enjoying the CPP or CP. Without Helistyle and Glenn I would have never upgraded the CPP and learned I could enjoy it.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 PM
evdreamer

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.