Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

I'll have to check that out, I figured there was more detailed forcasts out there, just never looked real hard...lol.

Yeah, that would be great for the winter if he can get that setup!

I told him about the CPP2 and he wants to see it.

I'm not sure if he's going to the field this weekend, but I may go check it out anyways...esp if it's a bit too windy, see what's going on up there.

Glenn
Old 03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Carljw

Hi Everyone
I dont know if I made a mistake or not but I ordered a G401B off E-Bay. He was selling them for 36.00 I offered 25..00 and they took it. I heard good and bad but I need a gyro for my CPP
so I will try it on my B400 and put my G90 back on the CPP. Also ReadyHeli is selling nylon T500 skid bolts for 99 cents for a pack of 4 so I got 3 packs,mabey save the skids and frame tabs
on a hard landing.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
JPEE

Carl,
Good luck with your new used Gyro! I hope is does the trick for you.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

Awesome deal on the new gyro ! I've heard of guys having great luck with the G401B and from some who have both (GY401/G401B) that they couldn't tell any diffs between the two... Let us know how it works out for ya in time with it. Less than $40.00 for a brand new GY401 clone is tempting if I needed another...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 03-20-2009, 07:56 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys

how is everyone doing, checking in, trying not to be a stranger.

flew some packs through the honeybee fp, everything went well, no crashes and it was actually a blast to fly
trying to make the best of things and the way they are right now
Old 03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Cool that you stopped in to visit!

Sounds like the HB is flying well, and is fun for you too.

Hang in there, things will look up soon!

Any news on the LHS, school, or the car lately?

Glenn

Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

pretty much will have all the cp pro 2 parts in by tuesday, only thing we don't have is the prop adapter and thats coming in out tuesday shipment, lhs is same as always though lol I had to repair a badly damaged cp pro for one of our customers. School is going good its school, I was going to apply for a corrections job, but I guess testing got done before I even had a chance to go for it. Hows things there, any problems at with the cp pro 2?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
rotarydoc

Hey heli,

Glad to hear that things are going well for ya up there.

Cool on the CPP2 parts, hopefully, they will be plentiful soon...and everyone will stock them, the good thing is that most of the parts are the same as the original, I think that is a big plus for the LHS's too.

So do y'all do alot of heli repairs for people when they crash them? Kinda sad that they don't or can't learn to fix them themselves...[] To me, that's a big and fun (most of the time..lol) part of the hobby.

Nope, the original CPP2 is great, no issues, other than I kinda messed up the canopy on the bottom, by trying to cut a battery access area in it...but it's all patched up now.

I still have to get #2 out and do all the setup with it, on the DX6i and what not....I got the original CPP ready for it's next test flight...lol, the first one didn't go so well, I had the tail motor wires plugged in backwards, the tail spun around, and broke my CA job on the tail motor mount..lol.

Glenn
Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you like your HBFP.

Jeff,

I just saw this today on Helifreak and I was drooling all over it. A couple of posts down it shows the TT option for the SE and V2. I thought Align wasn't going to make a TT for the SE/V2, since they have a TT on the new V3. It's only money. LOL
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=126863

Nick
Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Good mornng Saturday morning to you!

Do you know off the top of your head if Align has a complete TT conversion for my 600. I guess you would call it ESP conversion? She flies perfectly but I have been thinking about all of the static issues, belt lubes and such, I thought why not consider a perment fix and TT.

JPEE
Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good morning to you too. It is vary rare I am up this early.

Anyways I saw two versions of a TT conversion, but I don't know what the difference is.
http://www.helidirect.com/trex-600-t...bly-p-3104.hdx
http://www.helidirect.com/align-torq...181-p-7434.hdx

Jeff,

I am full of links today. LOL I found Align now has the new 450V3/Pro on their website. http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=2793

Nick
Old 03-21-2009, 11:38 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for the links on the TT kits ! Man I want one for my 450 bad ! I'am so sold on the TT and I could easily live without the belt systems ever since you introduced me to the TT kits and I got it for the 500.... I love em' ! Did I say I like them ?!

JPEE ~

Hek ya ! get that 600 belt off and don't look back ! I bet ya get a bit more power and flightimes when ya convert over.... You'll have to try and note any diffs if ya do, including any weight differences as I'll be curious...[8D]

Gotta run,

~ Jeff
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I am wondering where that guy got the photos of the TT and the price of it. I really want my flybarless head to get here. My stock head has a lot of slop in it from a lot of flights. My newish dampners are already worn, my swash has a lot of slop, the bushings in the head and pitch slider are also worn, the bearings in my tail grips are worn, but some how it still flies good. Least my ceramic bearings are holding up good to the abuse they see now.

The weather is amazing here. There is hardly any wind like predicted and the temps are perfect. I bet people are flocking to the flying field today.

Nick
Old 03-21-2009, 06:36 PM
evdreamer

It has been kind of quiet. I ordered a Beam E4 swashplate, since it is fully serviceable for when it gets worn out. That way it will be cheaper in the long run.

I got three flights in, so I have had a good Saturday.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Can't thank you enough for the TT link. I am gonna do it. This chaking belts on the 400 wears me out. I was shocked but happy to see that it APPEARS I can keep my old booms and use them as I have the one the heli and two extras came with it! You are not gonna belive this. A friend's wife came with the idea of looking around for a heli hard case tote bag for their new 600. We all know already there is no such thing.................until now. Did I mention she flies too with here husband,......... she came up with idea of WHAT LARGE OBJECT GETS PUT INTO A HARD CASE FOR PROTECTION? She came up with a handsome sized to fit the 600 a case for carrying a ..........................electronic piano key board! It only costs $250.00.We have all seen the Band set up at a wedding or party and they bring in those cases and unload there expensive electronic. She is one smart gal!

Jeff, you need to get on Jenny Craig with your obsession of weight all of the time

Glenn, when do we see a picture of the new heli tote?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:09 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you are going with a TT on the 600. I think a TT makes a RC heli more like a real heli. I don't think any real helis use belts to drive the tail.

Your friend is lucky. There aren't that many women that fly and non the less a heli.

I had to grab a couple of flights in at the last minute. I started to get biten by the bugs. That was the good thing about flying in the winter. Anyways a guy on the struggling thread brought up using the travel adjusts to set the gain on the gyro and I have been set on my ways for setting a heli up, so I thought I would give it a try. I helped a guy set it up this way on his JR 9303 transmitter at a fun fly, so I kind of had an idea of what to do. It held the tail pretty good. When using the gyro menu you can only go up to 100%, but with the travel adjustments it can kind of go up to 150%. Now I want to experiment with the programming to see if I can squeeze a little more performance out of my 450.

Nick
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
choppersrule

Hi Guys,

Just and update on the maiden flight of the Blade 400 at my daughters house. I took my HBK 2, HBK 3 and the Blade 400 for an afternoon of fun. And that it was. It was a little stiff with the wind, so I headed out to there big ***** barn. YIKES ALMIGHTY!
I want one of those. Lol.. I flew a few packs each, through the HBK 2 and HBK 3 to limber up, per say. I was a little nervous to get the Blade 400 up in the air, but that's kinda normal for any maiden flight. Still new with the DX6i, so I just kept it at the factory setting for the maiden flight. Initial lift of was just fantastic, but it did want to drift to the back and a little to the right, also, a little tail wagging going on. I was able to correct the back and to the right drifting, with just a couple clicks on the trim levers, and the gyro gain with the twist of the knob. This DX6i is pretty cool, I like it already. LOL The first battery was nothing more than hovering, to get use to the cyclic movements and making small adjustments. Second pack, was hovering, left and right side in. This thing is really stable. Lol
Third and final pack for the day, was slow forward and backward flight. Side to side and a few piros.. I like flying sideways and did that for the last couple minutes of the pack. I must say, for the price, this heli pretty much rocks. $349 at Ultimate Hobbies.

After a few more sessions, I'll be sticking in the JR DS285MG servos.

A couple things I noticed, when the battery is mounted to high in the battery tray, if the top of the battery (closest to the motor) twists to the left side of the heli (viewing from the rear) it can rub against the front servo horn. Also. the G110 gyro seems a little to sensitive, either the tail is a little to loose or tail wagging. I have a cheap telebee on the HBK 2 and it seems to work much better.

Batteries:: Found out a 10C won't even fly the rascal. Lol! A 15C will fly it, but gets hot as a fire cracker. 140 degrees. A 20C is about the bare bones minimum for good flight, with a 35 amp burst.

What would be a good servo for the tail?

Glenn, John, Jeff, Nick,
Thanks for the weclome to the 400 Club.

Jeff,

Spent the whole day at the daughters house, man you would absolutely love it. Standing in her front yard, if you look North, East or West you see nothing but fields as far as the eye can see. Looking South, about a mile away is the neighbors house. LOL... It's so great.
We were there for about 7 hours and not one car went by. How great is that. Here's a different picture I found, showing that she is the last house on the power run. Second picture, if you notice the gravel road, there's on set of tire tracks, those are mine pulling into there driveway. LOL Third picture is a cemetary from the 1800's, about half mile from there house. If you look above the wifes head, middle person, you can see her barn.

Dave

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29082.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1162797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35693.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1162798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56107.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1162799  
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 PM
evdreamer

Dave,

Cool to hear you like the DX6i and the new 400.

I like the Futaba 9257 for a tail servo, but I wouldn't know how to mount one on a B400.

Nick
Old 03-21-2009, 09:04 PM
JPEE

Dave only today from another heli addict did he share a new servo that is better (he says) than a 9657. I'll back after supper to give you the details.

JPEE
Old 03-21-2009, 09:18 PM
choppersrule

John and Nick,

I'll be anxiously waiting for the battle between the 9657 and the 9257. LMAO, Nick,, there's always got to be a way to mount something on something. [8D] Just a little creative thinking.

Later, the old guy here is heading to bed, some say heading to the crib. [X(]

Dave
Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

Awesome ! Those pics look fake... Great color contrast. Come on throw that baby in idle up and wet your drawers ! Ya know you want to...[8D] Very cool though and I'am excited for ya not just for the awesome B-400 but the DX6i ! How cool is that ?! [8D][8D][8D]

Gotta run cause I got to throw some new parts on the 450 from trying an inverted attempt with it this evening.... Don't ask...LMAO... But my CF SAB blades survived from a good distance up and hitting hard. This is the second crash that they survived from. My Fiberglass canopy is still kickin' it after 5 crashes and she's starting to get ugly, but I'am gonna get 9 lives outta this baby before it gets replaced... Still learning ya know...!... Thank goodness I have all the parts on hand, spindle, main shaft, tail rotor blades, tailboom, boom supports, rear servo tail rod thingy, flybar paddles, etc. etc.

Talk with ya later, your probably beat from a busy weekend... Man I want to fly at your daughters house ! Stay away from those corn fields that could be a booger to relocate your heli in there...Lol...

JPEE ~

9657 ? ***..?! Did they just come out with that last night or something ?!...LMAO... I know, its a typo.... [8D]

Nick ~

I bet Glenn has been flying all day, and still is under those street lights.....

~ Jeff
Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 PM
JPEE

Jeff, I was in hurry, the steaks were one the bbq so Imade a type-o on the Fatuba servo number.

Today a guy that is pretty knowledgable told me about a new Hitec servo. It is a 5084 and has a speed of .05
They are sold at Servo City for about $54.00

http://www.servocity.com/html/hitec_servos.html

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5084mg_servo.html

JPEE

PS: JEFF, SORRY ABOUT THE CRASH. GLAD YOU HAVE THE PARTS ON HAND TO MAKE YOUR REPAIRS.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:58 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Sorry to hear about the crash. With a little more practice on G4 you will be able to do it in real life.

I was wondering if Glenn was having too much fun flipping the CPP2 around.

Nick
Old 03-21-2009, 11:21 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Wow, I've been gone away too long...LOL[X(]

I had an OK day today, nothing special, really, I wish I was out flipping the CPP2 today! (actually, I tried it, more on that later..lol)

First, earlier on, I took the completed original CP Pro out for a spin...that thing is amazing! It has the plastic symmetrical blades, and I finally took the time to dial everything in, and CA everything in place for good, and the thing flies GREAT!!

It is very lame in the motor department, with some very weak punch outs...wondering what the new brushed motor might do to wake it up...lol?

Other that that, it flew almost as well as the CPP2...I was able to maintain a very steady hover, hover nose in, etc. with it. There is NO WAY it would ever flip or do inverted like it is, I don't think. Maybe the stock main motor is tired, or I am just spoiled by the new brushed CPP2 motor.

The weather took a turn for the worse, usually it gets less windy as the sun sets, but not today. I took the CPP2 out, and was having a heck of a time with it in 10-12 MPH winds. It wasn't too much fun, and I managed to tip it over on asphalt, and bugger up the blades. Oh well...$15...

I did try to do a backflip...not exactly sure what was going on there, possibly the wind caught it, when I gave it full back elevator, it just didn't feel or act like it wanted to flip at all....so I aborted it before something bad happened. I'll have to try it again on a more calm day.

Then, after I got home, I discovered that one of the paddles was all out of whack...not sure if it was that way in the flight or not...I think I'm still in a bit of a fog from this cold, which hasn't let up much yet..lol[X(]

Jeff, sorry to hear about the crash...and I won't ask...LOL

Dave, sounds like you are off to a GREAT start with the B400!! Nice baseline, now servo time! Those pics are amazing, looks like a dream out there!!

Glenn
Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I did get a chance to snap some pics of the Wingtote for ya.

It's nothing special, but it SURE DOES make my life easier, with everything in one bag.

I even went out and got a small box, and made a basic tool kit, which stores in the side compartment.

Not an elaborate set, just enough to make simple repairs in the field.

If it needs more than those tools, it's time to grab another heli...LOL

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26881.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1163008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21327.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1163009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56451.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1163010   Click image for larger version

Name:	At55434.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1163011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq88244.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1163012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xo90872.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1163013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ad65308.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1163014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf17082.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1163015  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.