Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Good to hear your original CPP is flying good again.

Too bad the CPP2 didn't want to flip. That is kind of strange that one of your paddles wasn't where it should be because my flybar was a little loose on my 450 today. I was just checking it over and the paddle moved too easy, so I checked the set screws and both backed out just enough for the flybar to rotate a degree or two. I just tightened them up and all was good again.

It is cool to see 3 helis in your heli tote.

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 AM
J-MICHAEL

Don't worry about the crash guys you know its life in the day of our heli pilot careers. [8D] I was originally gonna try to go inverted with the 500 earlier but chickened out and grabbed the 450. Could have been a mistake as I haven't flown the 450 for a bit and have been tinkering with short flights with the 500 lately...

I flipped it very sloppy inverted and that lasted about 3-4 seconds and then it started swaying upside down all crazy and I totally lost orientation on what controls are doing what and it pounded into the ground like a lawn ornament. It was worth it, for me to realize that I'am nowhere near doing any of that jazz quite yet ! Maybe the end of summer ?

JPEE ~

I've heard those are good servos ! I think also the Hitec 5083 comes with the package deal with that Hitec 5000 gyro or whatever ya call it. I think RMG2 (Randy) on the struggling thread has that servo (5083) and I think its similiar to the 5084 but can't recall what's different.

My 9257 is fast enough for now however... I think if I were to try out a digital tail servo I may go with one of them brushless jobbers to try out someday. Who knows....

Nick ~

Yeah I definately need to practice those inverted hovers. You make it look so carefree and easy !

Glenn ~

I love that totebag ! Good call on throwing some servo tape in the bundle, as I've needed that before in a quick fix repair out in the field not to mention my hex wrenches. Where's the beer ? [8D] Kidding... I don't even drink alcohol as it just puts me to sleep like a baby. I remember buying a 6 pack of Bud-Light on my dads birthday and drank 2, and I still had the other 4 brews 4 months later in the fridge...LMAO... Don't smoke either nasty stuff there ! If I start to venture farther for flying area's I might have to pick one of those tote bags up as I'am really starting to like them after seeing some good pictures from you guys... Yeah I don't see how the original CPP's have enough power stock to even get into the inverted stance ! Mine is bone stock except the CF blades and its definately a weak pig out of the box... From day one I still didn't see it having that power and control to do any 3-D.

Dave ~

Quit dreaming about that Blade 400............[8D]

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34424.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1163036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87978.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1163037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65990.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1163038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57471.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1163039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33357.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1163040  
Old 03-22-2009, 12:25 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, it was good to see the old CP Pro flying well again. I think it's flying the best it ever has, or I am flying it the best I ever have, or maybe both..lol

I am wondering how the brushed CPP2 motor will work, I would think it would be plug-n-play..? I can't see why not....

Yeah, I have to do better with the pre-flight checks...I still don't know if it was that way in flight or not, but I need to do better. To be honest, my heart wasn't in it today, I am hoping for a better day tomorrow, still kinda under the weather from this cold.

I was very happy to see that 3 helis will fit at one time...I would imagine I could get 4 small ones in there, 2 CPP's, the Gaui, and the Quark, I'm pretty sure would fit...

LOL, that would be a LOW WIND type of day, packing THOSE four...[X(]

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 12:37 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

My stock CPP motor had a hard time with upright flying let alone inverted. Back then I didn't have very good collective management skills and never attempted inverted with that motor, so what do I know what it was capable of.

Glenn,

Do you think the new CPP2 motor pulls more current than the stock CPP motor? Besides that I would think it would be a plug and play. If the 3in1 gets really hot you will know the CPP2 motor is too much for the CPP 3in1. LOL

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 12:40 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Wow, the pics look bad...sorry about that...[]

Always sucks to see a fellow pilot post those kinda pics, but we all have been there, done that!

Like you said though, and I agree, you have to try that stuff once in a while, just to kinda test the waters....and then sometimes rethink where you are...I am in the same boat with the 500 flips, I thought that would be as easy/simple as the B400 was...but I learned a lesson, and it put me back a few paces on that...[X(]

Looks like both of us have our goals set high for the end of this summer! I would also like to be at least hovering inverted by the end of summer...

I got into a lot of trouble with alcohol, so I gave it up about 4 years ago....have never smoked a cigarette in my life, and never will...nasty things!

I am liking the Wingtote alot more than I ever thought I would, kinda wondering why it took me so long to think of it...

The funniest thing is, I wanted SOMETHING new last Sunday night....so I sat down, and went through the whole Helidirect website...and couldn't find a thing...lol...so when I spotted the tote, it hit me like a ton of bricks..."how cool and useful would that be?"....LOL

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc
so I sat down, and went through the whole Helidirect website...and couldn't find a thing...lol

Glenn
Glenn,

Been there, done that.

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 12:46 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I don't know about the current draw on the brushed CPP2 motor. The flight times seem very good, the batteries from today came back really low, less than 400 mA put back into them for a 6 minute flight.

The magnets in the brushed motor are WAY more powerful than that lame stock CPP motor. When the blades come to a stop, you can see the magnetism of the motor stopping the blades..there is very little spin down. Same thing when you go to turn the main gear, the magnets are very strong indeed. So I would think that that motor would draw alot.

Like you said, I could try it, and if it burned the 3 in 1 up...I'd know..LOL

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 12:47 AM
rotarydoc

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

so I sat down, and went through the whole Helidirect website...and couldn't find a thing...lol

Glenn
Glenn,

Been there, done that.

Nick

Nick,

LOL! At least I Know I'm not the only one...

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 01:36 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn
Glenn,

Been there, done that.

Nick

Same here...LMAO... I know Heliproz, Helidirect and a couple others by heart of what they have down to the stickers ! Helidirect even has free stickers of how many you want for one kind that has there logo so to speak.

JPEE ~

The Hitec5084 is the exact same servo as the 5083 except it uses the "standard" frame rate instead of the dedicated Hitec/Logitec frame rate, which was the difference from the two. You also can run them at 6v's and then can lose a couple grams from ditching the voltage regulator on the 9257... How sweet is that ?!

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 03-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Carljw

Glenn
I like that small tool box, where did you buy that from. I love my Wing Tote also wish they made one for the T500.
Is there any way to save a YouTube video to a disc a usb stick or even to your hard drive.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:55 AM
rotarydoc

Carl,

I got the box at Best Buy, it's in the section with the CD cases and stuff like that. It was $15.99 or something like that, and I had a coupon for $5 off...so it wasn't bad.

Their website also shows it at Office Depot, but I didn't see it there.

http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/va...iniGadget.html

There are many programs out there to download, convert and view You Tube videos. The one I used has been disabled by You Tube. Here is another, but I haven't tried it;

http://www.imtoo.com/download-youtube-video.html

You need one program to download, and one to convert it from the FLV format that it downloads in.

Some of the guys may know more than I do on this...

Or, just do a google search on "downloading YouTube videos", and you'll get lots of results.

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

Your cold sounds like it is going the long route, sorry to hear that. Your new tote is cool. I have to assume that those are two CPs in the bag? I think now that you have those CPs you might to do more flipping? The little tool kits are nice too. A few times I took some tools with me but it is a pain to load and unload my tools. I figure... I always take two to three helis so I'll have something to fly when I get there anyway.

Nick,
I looked at both TT HeliD links you gave me and there prices differ by a few bucks. I read carefully through "whats in the box" so to speak and could only find the last line item different, but I dont understand what that part is? Any help you can lend would be helpful on this. Again, it appears I will get you use my existing booms and that is a huge plus.

Jeff, I have to come back as somehow I missed a here where you crashed! man I am really sorry to your heli that broke up! I noticed yuor skid frame look to be metal? it that not adding extra weight? Alos I se your whole is head is metal, how does that hold up in a crash? They have metal conversions for 400 but as I recall they are like a buck and quarter eeek! But then everytime you crash a 400 you need blades grips, flybars teeter-totter, main head and sometimes the cage or parts of it. But with all metal like you have, does most stuff survive?

JPEE
Old 03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

For the Trex 500 since I have both kits being the Belt and torque tube kit they use the same booms, I'am almost positive the 600 would be the same.... [8D]
Old 03-22-2009, 01:38 PM
JPEE

Jeff, I am 999999.9% in agreeance with you. BECAUSE they show on the conversion kit parts list.

No flying here, once again STORM WATCH 2009 never happend, we got sprinkles and that was it. But the now the following winds have arrived and they are pretty hefty
Old 03-22-2009, 01:43 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Look at the bigger Align picture above the picture of the box for the $111 TT. Then look at the TT. Then look at the silver splines on the shaft and there will be a plastic part off to the side of the splines on both sides. That is the part that is extra on the more expensive version. There is a pin holding the spline onto the TT and those plastic parts keep the pins from coming out in flight. Then on the Helidirect picture for the same kit the plastic part is silver and a little easier to see. Then the cheaper TT kit doesn't have those on the TT in the pictures. Hope that makes sense.

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 02:32 PM
JPEE

Thanks Nick,

I am going for the high end TT. I saw the words pin and such but just could get a a handle on what I was missing! Tomorrow morining I'll place my order on the phone. I tried 4 times now to place an order online and just cant get it done. It keeps coming around when I get to the PPal part and wont close. So I'll do the purchase in "real time"on the phone. I am excited as I LOVE my 600 and never never never ever want to see it come doen for belt failure or static. A gay I know had had his brand new 500 ESP come down on the second flight due to a broken belt! He is a real advance pilot too.

Thanks again for helping out the old duffer LOL. Maybe as Jeff always says......................its nap time now LMAO
Old 03-22-2009, 02:44 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your welcome. I was having a problem with the ordering process on Readyheli last night. I would click the buy button, but it wouldn't show up in the shopping cart. Luckily I only needed two items, so it wasn't so bad. The TT on the 600 is awsome when spooling down. It seems like it will never slow down, so there is hardly any drag. When my belt snapped on my 450 I got kind of angry. I don't mind a crash when it is my fault, but I do mind when it is a mechanical or electrical issue causing the crash.

I started my process of adjusting the settings on the 450 to hopefully make it fly better and learn some new techniques on programming. I re-did my tail and now I am working on the collective/cyclic setup now.

Sorry to hear it is really windy for you. It is kind of windy here, but I want to test out my new mods and see if there is a difference.

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 04:10 PM
evdreamer

With my new setup I got rid of most of my left kick coming out of a piro. This tail setup is just insanely fast in a piro. The heli spins so fast that I can't keep up with it and it kind of goes into a blur. I am only at half the speed this gyro can make the tail go also.

It was too windy to tell a difference with my new collective/cyclic setup, so I will have to test it some other day.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:53 PM
evdreamer

Since it was really windy out I took the 600 out twice. At full RPM I heard a screeching sound. I am thinking a bearing might be bad near the TT drive. Everything moves smoothly, so I don't really know what is going on. It might be the normal sound a TT makes, but I haven't had much luck with Align bearings.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,
Interesting theory, I just checked DX6 and it goes to 125%. Perhaps I'll tickle that next trip out.

JPEE
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

I think today was the first time that I didn't have that sick feeling of being nervous in my stomach when I was flying the 500.......... I told myself it was going to crash today, as I thought I was going to possibly try another inverted attempt but decided another time from the wind that was pounding and my fingers fighting the cold early morning chills... The nice thing is I got to just have fun, and it was nice not being nervous and to just let things loose ya know ?!

I've been trying to see what my flight times are with these 5-cell lipo's with different settings for the 500 and today I got 7 minutes and putting back 2234 mah into the 3300 mah lipo...

I really need to lose more weight, but for the wind its kinda nice but its still to heavy I believe. I get nervous doing piro's but did them at least a little faster today than normal in the turns.

http://vimeo.com/3802982

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 03-22-2009, 09:45 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

What a great flying day for me today!!!!

It started out crappy, I was SURE I was not going to fly due to the wind, which on my weather station said 14MPH, 23 gusts....

At any rate, I waited until later in the day, and instead of going 'round and 'round again looking at my usual flying places, with people, dogs, games, etc. going on, I decided to have a look around.

Last time I went to my not so local LHS, I passed a sign and a little road on the way that said "City of Bowie Jericho Park". I didn't think much of it at the time, I had seen it before, but never put 2 and 2 together.

So, today, instead of the same old places, I took the 6 mile or so trip out there, to see what I could find.

What I found was RC Heli HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

I went down the little driveway, crested the hill...and I saw a baseball field. I said to myself, "cool". Then, I drove up a little further, and realized that it was not just one baseball field, but FOUR of them!

The next thing I noticed was that I was THE ONLY PERSON THERE, in this huge complex, the only other living beings were two GEESE!!

So, I parked the car, and got out for a look. There are four fields, 2 large ones, and 2 smaller ones. The small ones are like the biggest places I have to fly now...the big ones are HUGE!

The biggest one is kinda elevated above the rest, so I went up for a look-see. MAN.... This field is BIG.... I looked out, and from the home plate, the outfield signs read, 375, 375, 360...HOLY *$%^#%^#$ A FULL SIZE baseball field, and NO ONE IN SIGHT!!!

I only had the B400 with me, but had 3 packs...to put it like Jeff would say, I flew it like I stole it....LMAO!!

I can't get over how HUGE this field is....and how COOL it is to be able to open the B400 up and let it loose!! Man, I was doing some fast, huge figure 8's...for me, at least! Had a good 45 degree angle in the turns, blades choppin'...LOL

The other thing is, the whole thing seemed like a dream....[X(] The fields are perfectly manicured, grass and infield. Not even any footprints in the newly raked dirt...the grass was perfectly trimmed, the fences all pristine, the place looks like it was just built, even has CLEAN porta potties!!

It also has HUGE lighting systems, but they are well off to the sides...not even in the way....

I spent at least a half hour there, and was the only person there, in this vast complex..it actually was very EERIE!!!! Kinda SCARY almost, really....

But I am not complaining ONE BIT!!!!

I just don't know how long it will last....once baseball season is in full swing, it might be another story...but for now, at least, I had a little slice of RC Heli Heaven today!!

If you want to check it out (I don't know how to make a working link to the google satellite map) just do a search on google earth, or google maps, for "Jericho Park Bowie Maryland" ....and then use satellite view. The fields will be in the upper left corner. I was flying on or near the pitcher's mound in the lowest field on the left...

I'm still excited!!

How was everyone else's day?

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 10:09 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Nice flying. I liked the flip.

Glenn,

Cool to hear about the great place to fly. I bet you wished you brought the 500 along.

I had a pretty good day except when the wind started to pick up. I tested some new setup techniques for me on the 450. I still have one more thing I want to try with my gyro. I am thinking about moving my mainshaft collar above the lower mainshaft block because the set screw is a tad too long and rubs on the swashplate during high negative pitches with cyclic. Once the wind started picking up I took the 600 out in the backyard and was doing fast backward figure 8's and stall turns. It handled the strong winds pretty good, but I think a 700 would do better. I heard some strange new noises from the TT drive gear box, so I am thinking I have some bad bearings.

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Wow, awesome flying there pal!!!

You really had that 500 movin' out there, I like your flying area, looks like you have a good bit of room...now that I've found my new place, maybe I too can get the nervousness out of flying the 500 for myself too...[X(]

Looks like you had a couple of nice backflips going on there as well, congrats!

I didn't make any amazing accomplishments flying today, but I was amazed at how much more comfortable I was trying things that are uncomfortable for me...AT A DISTANCE...it makes all the difference for me...I actually did a couple of figure 8's in the opposite direction from what I am comfortable with...they were pretty ugly, granted, but I did do them....and the same for bringing the B400 back to me, nose in...FF coming at me has always been a bit uncomfortable, but when you can do it from a good distance away, it becomes alot less intimidating.

I am glad you got right back up on the horse again, after yesterday's little setback. Glad you didn't push too much, and maybe risk something bad happening with the inverted attempt on the 500! [X(]

I am definitly taking the 500 up to that new place, now THAT will be fun...the B400 had all the room it needed and then some, with those outfield fences 300 feet away...also, they did a nice job with keeping the lightpoles away from the field too...they are set back pretty far, not even a threat from the pitcher's mound...LOL

Keep up the great flying, and the videos coming!

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear you had a good day today too...sorry about the TT bearings, hope you don't have to spend too much to get them replaced. How many flights are on the 600 now? It seems like not that many?

Wow, I didn't know you had enough room to do all that with the 600 in the backyard....must be kinda cramped? Especially stall turns...

Yeah, I sure do wish I had the 500 when I went up there...I had no idea when I left that I would find that place...I just hope that it will be cool to fly there...I don't know how it will be when baseball season gets underway.

I'm not even sure how cool it would be if I were flying on one field, while there was a game going on in another...might get some complaints from that, I'll have to play it by ear.

I read all the rules...it says no motor bikes, motorized scooters, motorized skateboards?, etc, etc, but doesn't say anything about RC vehicles or aircraft....LOL

We'll see...maybe too good to be true....lol

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.