Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick ~

Let us please know what that noise maybe turns out to be with your 600 if ya find the cause, I'd really like to know so I can be knowledged a bit more, as I really know nothing still on these TT kits other than I love them !

Glenn ~

Eh....... I'am sickly jealous of your new flying area ! What's up with that ?! HOW COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always felt kinda sorry for ya because you really need the room to let these things breathe and now your there big guy ! Dang I wish I had something like that, but more importantly nobody is around ever it seems... Even in the Google Earth pictures ! Not fair....LMAO... [8D]

Yeah I'am REALLY looking forward to your video now ! Sweet.... Thanks for the kind words... It was so nice not being nervous... Usually even before I even leave the house my stomach is a nervous wreck just thinking about going to fly because of the adrenalin rush and nervousness I get... I can get anxiety attacks so I'am trying to just let this nervousness relax a bit ya know ?!

The fields where ya see me fly is usually packed all of a sudden with all the sports stuff going on now here.... But early in the mornings its dead, with nobody around so just keep that in mind just in case those fields do start getting a lot of activity on the weekends.... And then on the weekdays right before dark an hour or two there also dead... It may apply to your situation there hopefully just in case. I've been using Google Earth lately just to find flying areas in my area !

Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Evan T.

hey guys spectrum is having a recall on some dx6i's and mine is one of them check it out its on the home page of rcu
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

I thought you knew...I guess I should have reminded you...that's been out for a while now...

Yours has the recalled numbers?

You need to send it back to Horizon if it does...you call them, and they send you a shipping label, so the postage doesnt' cost you anything.

It usually takes about 6-8 days from the time you mail it in to get it back.

A friend of mine just got his back...and it took longer, like 12 days, and Horizon gave him a FREE AR6100 because it took longer.

Once again, Horizon's service is OUTSTANDING!

Good luck with it.

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for doing the video/screen capture thingie...I can never figure out how to do that...I just know if you try to post the link, it just starts out at the USA map...lol

Yep, I need to just get the 500 out in a big place like that and "get over the hump" so to speak with it...and I'm sure things will get easier. I too, get very nervous when I go to fly it...

And it's so true, that if you are more relaxed, things just go better, you actually fly better when you are more relaxed, at least I do...today, I was a bit nervous at first with the new place and all....but about half way through the first pack, that all went away...

Except for that eerie feeling, it was so strange being the ONLY one there, it was like I wasn't supposed to be there, and especially not having that much FUN!! LOL[X(]

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 11:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have 30 flights on the 600. I still don't know if it is the bearings or not. When I spin the head by hand it rotates very smooth and quiet, but once I get it up to speed every once in awhile it will make a high pitched noise. It still flies good, so I am not going to mess with it. If I notice the tail is slowing down then I will take it apart and see what is going on.

Yeah it is cramped flying the 600 in the backyard, but I really wanted to fly today and the 450 was getting pushed around too much by the wind.

I have to fly in the morning at my baseball field before everyone else comes.

I got another idea for a balancer design, so I had to test it out. I don't have components that can handle high currents, so I did a small scale experiment and it worked. Right now my big problem is having a microcontroller or processor that can do simple math with decimals. It is pretty simple, but I think it will be more efficient and work a lot faster than the balancer designs I have seen. Now I just need to wait for 3 quarters before I go over microprocessors. Now I am one step closer to being able to charge my 10S A123 pack in 15min.

Nick
Old 03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, it seems a little too early for the bearings to fail...like you said, maybe just keep an eye on it, and see how it goes...

Is your baseball field full sized? I didn't realize what a REAL baseball field looked like until I saw this one that I was flying in. The smaller ones in the picture are what I am used to, with the outfield fences about 250 feet out...the big field had 375 foot fences...a LOT of room!

Sounds cool on the new balancer project. Maybe you could do a bit of research online before the 3 quarters and learn it in class...[X(] Sounds promising though!

I thought I had a bad Lipo today at the new field. The second pack I flew, the power dropped off big time at about the 4 minute mark. When I got home, I checked the voltage, and it was fine. I think I flew too soon after the first pack, and didn't let the ESC cool down enough. Could be an early sign that I need to go back to the 40 amp ESC for the warmer weather, the stock 25 amp Eflite ESC's are marginal at best, and I have digital servos too...I don't feel like installing a BEC, since that big 40 amp ESC did the trick last summer. So we'll see.

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 11:44 PM
JPEE

Thanks guys for the help on the CX2. I 'll bring you up today, a call is going into HH tomorrow.

JEFF, what great flying. this fips are cool. B#LLS OF STEEL MAN. That 500 COOK.

Going to bed.................I missed my nap today
Old 03-22-2009, 11:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

If ya ever want to save a picture of a view shot on Google Earth just find what your looking for zoom in or whatever, and then in the upper left hand corner under "file" just go there and save image as, and it will take ya to where ya want to save the picture to your computer. I then use Photobucket to display it, or use RCU's pic uploader...

Nick ~

I'am gonna google these packs (A123 packs) on You-Tube or Vimeo to see if I can see the performance of them. For the price and being able to charge them quickly with the right charger and whatever else its getting tempting more and more... There coming in at 484 grams. My 5-cells are 433 grams, and less power I believe... Heh... Interesting... Seems the guys are getting great flight times though !

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...2&pid=D0626122

New thread on the Trex forum about the Trex 500 and A123 packs :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8603452/tm.htm

~ Jeff
Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Dang, with all the excitement over the field, I forgot to tell you guys about the CPP2 blades....I had a stupid tip over on asphalt on Saturday (I'm not flying on asphalt or concrete any more...lol), so I went to my LHS today to get some blades.

I got there, and noticed that they had some Eflite CF blades....hmmmm. I basically talked myself out of them, since they wanted $38 for them!

Until, that is, I saw the price on the woodies, and they wanted $19.99!!! [X(]

I thought about it, and remembered you saying that yours seemed to be nearly indestructable, so I figure for half the price, the woodies are going to shatter when I crash...but the CF's might take a shot or two before they break or something.

So, I went for the CF blades. I almost didn't get them, because they have a bushing in the mounting hole, that would make it difficult to get them on my balancer's pins....but the bushing just pushes out, so I was able to balance them...

So far, I have noticed that they are very light, about as light as the woodies, and are very true, and are very well balanced out of the bag...only one small strip of tape on one blade...

So, we'll see...NO more flying over asphalt with these puppies...LOL[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the tip on Google earth images.

I was using Google maps, and it doesn't seem to have the file/save option.

I saved the shots to my folder.

Glenn
Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Awesome ! I think I shattered my original woodies on my CPP right off the bat when I got it ! Lol... But after seeing my friend beat the tar out of his CF blades on his CPP in his garage with just scratches I was impressed and didn't care if they carried stress over to the other parts in a crash as they usually break or bend anyway, and I just use the paper clip mod anyway... In fact in that CPP video I put on Vimeo right when I snuffed it into the dirt you can hear the motor still zipping, because the paper clip did its job and so the motor was just free spinning without rotating the rest of the stuff...

I got those CF blades then way, way back and there still on my original CPP... I was so impressed I went and got some when I got that other CPP awhile ago also. Its weird, cause they used to be only $30.00... ? And that was at my LHS here in this small town which the parts are generally more expensive than the vendors online...

Just remember the right angle or dangle, could destroy them. The headpseed on my Original CPP is definately not enough I'am thinking to do really any damge perhaps ? But that could be a different story on that CPP 2 of yours it sounds like, as It sounds pretty wicked in the videos you displayed for us. I'll be curious in the long-run how they do for ya... My CF blades for the CPP weighed the same as my woodies. In some of my older You-Tube vids of my CPP with crashes they survived, and I'd just straighten them out and go fly again. One time I even flew into some tree branches in the video...Lol...

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 03-23-2009, 12:15 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I saw those 500 A123 packs in RCHeli magazine. Just remember the nominal Voltage of the A123 are 3.3V compared to 3.7V on a LiPo. With that 6S A123 pack there would be 45.54Wh and I think your pack was a 3300mAh and that would be 61.05Wh. However, you can discharge A123's 100%. I would recommend using a receiver battery with A123's or allowing enough time to land before the Voltage drops, because once it does it drops really quick. Look what the performance this guy gets with with a A123 pack in his 450. http://www.vimeo.com/2341713 Also you will need some balance adaptors, since those come with Polyquest connectors. You know I am a big fan of A123's, so feel free to ask any questions.

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got some carbon blades for the CPP2.

I think my main shaft bearings on the 600 were notchy after 22 flights.

I think my baseball field is the size of your smaller fields.

I have 6 or 7 good sized books on how to use my microcontroller, so I am not ready to do that all over again for a better microprocessor. I will just wait until I learn it in school. Besides I am going to have a good sized work load with this quarter.

Your comment on the ESC's got me thinking of when I lost control of my servos and motor last month. I was flying back to back and I was wondering if my ESC's BEC got too hot to work. I guess I will never know.

Nick
Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

WOW I love that video ! I saved it to view a few more times... He does everything slow enough for me to understand and NOW I see what your talking about with your backwards inverted figure eights ! I kept thinking something different for some reason...Lol.. Amazing his heli is over 900 grams ! My 450 is a heavy pig at 798 with the heavy Air-Thunder's and his is much smoother and seems more powerful. He has the same CC 45 amp esc, but he is also running a killer Steve Neu motor that I've always wanted. I can't belive he's running a big ol' GY611 for the gyro... Dang that is cool for sure... Randy says on the struggling thread he doesn't like to go with the majority of what everyone else does, well.... I'am gonna clue him in on this video later and say alright then.... Go A123 ! LMAO...

Hmmmm.... Very interesting. I also see he's running a digital flybar whatever that means. But I see he's flybarless. One of the best videos yet. I can't sit and watch for very long of the guys just slamming the sticks doing 3-D as I appreciate the slower more precise 3-D I suppose like this video just showed. Thanks for posting...

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I didn't catch he was using a 611 on the 450. Where does he cram all that stuff on a 450.

Not every helicopter is a good candidate for A123, but in the 450 class the T-Rex 450 SE/SEV2 and the CopterX 450 are the easiest.

In the video he has the Skookum SK-360(digital flybar) just like I ordered for my 450. When you go flybarless the heli is very sensitive and can be unpredictable, so that piece of electronics acts like a tail gyro for the collective and cyclic. That way it is easier to fly and the heli flies more like it has a flybar or quicker if you want. http://www.helidirect.com/skookum-sk...usb-p-8442.hdx

Nick
Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 PM
evdreamer

My flybarless parts came today, so I will take pictures of the process and get the weights for Jeff.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
evdreamer

Here is the picture and weight of the stock head and the new Gaui head and the SK-360. It is a 11.3g lighter than the flybar setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67076.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1164337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44087.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1164338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87022.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1164339  
Old 03-23-2009, 01:05 PM
evdreamer

I just got done checking screws for threadlock and everyone of them had it. Gaui did a really good job on this head assembly. I really like they used some big 2mm screws to hold the grips to the head.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

My flybarless parts came today, so I will take pictures of the process and get the weights for Jeff.

Nick ~

That is awesome ! Thanks for the weight diffs... I can't wait for a video of your new flybarless set-up with the 450. [8D] That's great that it is 11.3 grams lighter. Just think of the less drag I'am guessing with the flybar paddles off also... [8D]

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,
Neat you got your new parts. See, Christmas comes in all months of the year. I too just got my order through on HD and got my TT YAHOOOOOOE. Also I have never had Carbon Blades on my 400s and I am getting kinda tired of replacing woodies everytime I have a bush with the ground. They were $34 and $16 for the tail eek! But like I have read with Jeff going down from time to time it seems like the CF blades are the way to go in the long run.

Been on hold with Horzon for 2 hours now. Story: Erik my buddy has a CX2 and now just got his 400. He set up his MCX to run off the DX6 and it works fin. Then he tried the CX2 and all hell broke loose. Si went to his house and took my DX6 too. No matter what I did with his the motors sounded weird and TRYING to lift off the tail wag was so jolting is shook from left to right about 3" per direction from center. So I bound his heli to my DX6 and she flew fine with just some trim adjustments. Then I put it bakc to DX6 and NO GO that jolting tail was back. $ times we went throught both DX6's to amke sure every adjustment was LIKE and there were no difference with the exceptionof the the little arrows in the TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT MENU. I spoke with Jeff and Glenn last night and as I looked futher I found that when you go to your MONOTOR menu you can see what is not centered and that makes the arrow different than his. But as Glenn pointed out no matter whats there the tail should not be violent like that. So when all else fails call and wait on hold for Horizon.

Again congrates on your new flybarless kit!

Also again my thanks to Glenn and Jeff responding so fast last night.........................we as a group are awsome for eachother! In fack Nick I was remembering how frantic I was when I was buying the 600 and called for help to walk me through what I was buying.....I wont forget that.
JPEE
Old 03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you ordered the TT today. Good luck with getting through to Horizon.

This flybarless system has been a nightmare getting it to work by the manual. So I just started unplugging things and plugging them into different pins until I started to see what is supposed to happen. After working on this for a hour I final made progress with getting the swashplate to tilt like it should. Before the right stick was controlling the pitch and ailerons. Then the left stick was controlling the elevator. It is just a little awkward setting things up in the computer instead of the transmitter. It will probably take the rest of the day getting this thing setup, but in the end I think it will be worth it. This is probably how it was when I was learning to setup a transmitter, but I have taken that for granted because it is so easy now.

Nick
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Just take your time and stick with it, you'll do-er!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
evdreamer

I just have a couple of things left then I have to do a few test flights to fine tune it. I think it looks really good without the flybar.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51110.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1164524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40873.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1164525   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97121.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1164526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12135.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1164527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15992.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1164528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25984.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1164529  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That looks so cool with no flybar!

Wow, looks like alot of wiring too..

The linkage looks so strange compared to the normal CCPM rotor head...[X(]

Glenn
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
JPEE

Nick, great pictures. It rally looks anked without the flybar........but in a good way.

A question, you gave me this hint a month ago. What was the magic with the ailerons on the plane to make the secondary switch FLAPS make the both flaps-ailerons come down for landing? I flip my flaps switch from 0- down to 1 and they both come down nicely(without the Y connector in place). However with the switch back to O then the wing flaps respond backwards! Meaning when a stick left the right flap go UP instead of down. I have been looking at planes on my G4 to make sure which way everyting is supposted to go.
I remember you said I cannot use the Y harness. I tried pluging in one aile to aile on the RX. So with everything I wrote above is with the Y out.

With the Y in place that flaps/ailerons work perfectly. But when I put down the flaps switch from 0 to 1 then one aile goes up and the other goes down instead of together. I have been reading in my DX6i book I think I am missing something in front of my nose......any ideas?

I know you are busy with your heli right now but when you get a chance give me your thoughts, thanks....JP
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Looks so sweet Nick ! You dog ! [8D] Now go represent baby....! I saved your pictures to a folder just in case someday I need them to look over in case I go there in the future... Thank-you...

Can't wait to see a video. [8D]

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.