Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Yeah there is a little more wiring. Right now I am having a hard time getting the same blade pitch for up/down elevator, right/left aileron, and pos/neg pitch. Right now the servos are centered at half stick and the blades are at -1 degrees, but I get +10 and -6 degrees. It is just weird, since I have to set the swash type to 1 servo in the transmitter and the SK-360 does the mixing. I have no idea when this thing is going to fly. Where is a Finless video when you need it?[&o] He started talking about the same unit I have, but never makes a video setting it up.

JPEE,

I think the left aileron looking from the tail goes into AILE and the right aileron goes into AUX1. Then get the ailerons moving up and down like they should with aileron inputs. Then when you do the flap stuff they should work properly.

Nick
Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It will be a few more days to a week before I can get a video. I just noticed that even though my swash has a ton of slop in it and the Gaui head doesn't, the swash now acts like there is no slop in it.

Nick
Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

It will be a few more days to a week before I can get a video. I just noticed that even though my swash has a ton of slop in it and the Gaui head doesn't, the swash now acts like there is no slop in it.

Nick

Nick ~

Yeah well by all means don't rush it please... Just make sure everything is good to go, and get used to it for a few weeks at least or something... If you noticed on the link you gave me for Helidirect and the 3 customer reviews, did ya note they also mentioned they had great tech advice service and such...Lol... That's because its probably a booger to set-up, and they were chattin' with them, but once done and then familiar it should be a walk in the park and you'll probably never look back...[8D]

If anybody has the ability its definately you... That's why your president here so you go Git R Dun, and then help us small folk out when we come crawlin' behind...LMAO !

Talk with ya later Nick,

~ Jeff
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I just finished. The problem was user error and nothing with the electronics. Apparently the wires have to be hooked up just like the manual, which I didn't do at first. Once I hooked it up like the manual I took it one servo at a time and got the proper movement. Once I got over where to plug the servos into, it was just like setting up a heli with the transmitter. The only difference is the response doesn't happen right away like on the transmitter. I have to hit a button everytime to enter the new settings, so it takes a little longer to setup. The company said it would sound different and it does when I spooled it up. It is hard to explain, but it is a lot quieter. Overall I am very happy with the SK-360 and the Gaui head. Now I just have to clean up the wires, hope for good weather, and adjust the gains like on a tail servo.

Nick
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Evan T.

Wow nick that is awesome you guys have really nice 450's you make me jealous
And like jeff said you are superior over me and I don't want to put the other guys down so Ill just leave it at that LOL good job
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
evdreamer

Here is the final product with the wires cleaned up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99020.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1164881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92639.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1164882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98872.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1164883  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
JPEE

DANG NICK, THAT IS NICE! CONGRADULATIONS ON ANOTHER PROJECT WELL DONE. I BET YOU CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW SHE FLIES. YOU'LL BE UP ALL NIGHT WAITING FOR SUN UP LOL

NO LIE, I AM REALLY HAPPY FORYA MAN.

JPEE
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

There is going to be 15-30MPH winds tomorrow, so I don't know if I will be able to get a flight in. The maker of the SK-360 said the unit will compensate for wind, so I wonder how strong of a wind I can fly the 450 in now.

Nick
Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for those pics too... I'd LOVE to do that, but its a bit spendy for me right now...Lol... That thing looks so SWEET ! Heh... Why wait til' morning when the wind is calm now ! If she's quieter go spool er' up with that spotlight on in the backyard for a quick hover...Lol.... J/K of course... But dang hopefully the weather will PLEASE allow you to test it out and such. If not we'll just blame JPEE....LMAO... Hey JPEE... It seems you've been getting hit with a bit of weather maybe ? I just happened to see on the news tonight about SO Cal getting hit with some hail or something. Hopefully your still getting the chance to play more with that 600 and all.

Talk with ya guys later, I'am tinkering with the 450 right now sitting here...

~ Jeff
Old 03-24-2009, 01:00 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Sorry that you have wind set for tomorrow. But you'll get your chance to spool that puppy up!

Jeff, our weather had been extreamly windy and cool down here today. Yesterday there was some drizzle, its a joke that they had warned us for a huge storm. Tomorrow is going to be the killer, sunny and 71 but winds!
BTW Jeff, in case you missed it I ordered my 600 TT assembly today OH BOY. YES Jeff..................I will weigh it for you LMAO, but after my napper LOL[>:]
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I was thinking about going for a test flight at night after my first attempt setting it up, but I am glad I didn't because it would have ended up in a crash. I will try and test it out in my garage today (for me) and if I like how things are working I will try it out in the wind.

Have fun working on your 450.

Nick
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, looks like you are ready for a test flight!

Looks great, hope it flies well for you too, I would imagine it's going to feel a lot different, esp at first...

I hope it flies as cool as it looks!

Good luck if you go to test it today, hope your wind dies down.

That would be cool if the system helps in the wind too...

Glenn

Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
JPEE

NIck,

I hope the weather is working with you for a test flight. That will be so coll if you can get the in the air today. Mzan on man I wished you had a helmet cam so we could all see the maiden flight. Nick, you need to set aside $100.00 for a cheap digital cam......................you need it, WE NEED YOU TO NEED IT..........Laughing OUR ***** OFF. A cam is as important as a set of screw drivers.

Good luck, I'll take my laptop in my truck and where ever I can grab signal I'll be chekcing in to see how it goes today. Our fingers are crossed for you!

JPEE
Old 03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Carljw

There is an artical in April RC Heli mag on how to turn your stock T500 head into a flybarless head with a little mod.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Carljw

I got my G401B gyro clone for the GY401 and but it on my B400. It rocks the tail holds like a dream just like the GY401 on my T500. I had my gain set to 75%
for the G90 and first hover the tail waged quit a bit so I got it down to 60% in HH and it holds great. In rate at 45% it holds great. So I guess it was worth the
$25.00. I am going to put the G90 back on the CPP and might but the stock tail setup back on, tired of waiting for the CPP2 tail kit. Horizon web site now says end of APRIL
had it on order since last June LOL. I just might get another G401B for it also.
I also got my nylon T500 skid screws ans installed them.
Still havent got the correct TX nut bling from Heli Direct. They sent the wrong ones Feb 22nd I returned them the next day have called 3 times ans they say they will get them out to me
but something is fishey they never show up.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:59 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Wow, that is interesting on the gyro, where did you say you got that again? I might be interested in throwing one on the B400 before I spend a buck and a half on the Futaba!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Helidirect, I have always had a good experience with them, but never had an issue that needed to be resolved, so it might be a different story on that...hope they get it straightened out for ya soon!

What tail servo are you using with the B400 that you put the gyro on?

Done anything else with the 500 lately?

I want to take mine up to that new place I found and let it free! Can't wait for that...

Glenn
Old 03-24-2009, 01:02 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Good to hear your gyros are working good.

Guys,

The SK-360 is AMAZING. I did some test flights in my garage to get the gains set and now it flies just like it has a flybar. The cool thing about this is you can tune it for scale, sport, 3D, or anything in between without having to change anything mechanical. Now I am going to try and fly it in the wind.

Nick
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
evdreamer

The heli handled pretty good in wind. It would bounce a little, but I think not as bad as a flybar would. Right now the cyclic isn't fast enough for me, so I will have to adjust that. Right now it would make a really good sport flyer.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Carljw

Glenn
I got it on E-Bay from XM Hobbies in Calif. He has them listed for $36.00 I ofered $25.00 and he took it. I order it Sunday and got it today pritty fast. It did not come with directions but I printed from
a web site. Same set up as the GY401 . All I did was set the end points so it would not bind and set the delay to O.
I have a Spectrum DSP75 servo and got the programer and set it to Heli and rudder works great.
Havent done any flying latley its been real windy and not too cold around 50. Still just hovering with the T500 I got to get to a field soon. I had the B400 buzing around my yard testing
the new G401B, sure a lot better than the G90. I just got done putting the G90 back on my CPP'
I put those nylon landing gear screws on my T500 supose to save the gear in a hard landing, hope I dont need them. So far I get to come down real soft so will see.
I dont know whats going on with the TX stick ends seems like I am getting the run around then again they might have got a bad shipment and had to reorder them. There web site
said to order the Futaba ones for the DX6i and when I got them they just sliped over the threads, were to big.

Glenn
If you click on the G401B here it will take you to a site that sells them and you can select printer version and print out the manual.

Nick
Good to read that you got the flybarless system up and running, must look sweet flying with out a flybar. Someday I might give it a try. I want that Airwolf body but i guess i would need
a DX7 to work the retracts.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Sounds like you got her in the air and for the most part all is well. That must have taken a lot of tuning to get you hwere yuo are right now. Hopefully the rest will come right along too.

Hey Carl, good new on your gryo, the rpice works real well. Looks like you stole the damn thing. I have placed several orders with HDirect and never had issue, I they get you straightend out.

JPEE
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Actually I didn't have to tune much to get it flying. I just set up the servo direction, subtrim, leveled the swash through its full travel, set the pitch, and made sure the phasing was correct. Then for the tuning I just turned down the Hiller gain until the heli didn't move back and forth like tail wag. Then I turned down the bell gain until the heli didn't kick back after an elevator input and that was it. There is an advanced page I can work with, but I just have the default settings. It is pretty easy to get to a point where it can fly once I learned how to set it up just like in the transmitter.

Nick
Old 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM
evdreamer

I got out and started flipping the 450. I got the elevator to perform like I had it before, but the aileron is still a little slow. I really like being able to tune the helicopter the way I want it to fly like. The flips are also quieter than before with the flybar. I charged one of my previous packs and it looks like I will get 30 seconds more of flight time. That wasn't with flipping, so it might be lower.

Hope everyone else can get out and fly some today.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like the new flybarless setup is going well so far...

I'm still a bit confused though, I think you said you set up the control unit with a PC?

If so, can you still make adjustments to the radio in the field, like throttle and pitch curves? Or do you have to re-program it via the PC?

If you have to program it via PC, can you leave the unit in the heli, and just hook a cable or something up to it?

Just curious, you don't have to go into alot of detail...

Glenn
Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I finally got the 450 to fly like it used too with a flybar, but without all the slop I had with my stock head.

Yeah the majority of the programming is done through the computer.

The throttle curves, pitch curves, and expo can be adjusted on the fly through the transmitter. The things that can't be adjusted through the transmitter are travel adjusts, subtrim, and servo reversing(except the rudder).

Yeah there is a USB cable that plugs into the unit, so you can leave the unit in the heli. Then there are two pots. at the back of the heli to adjust the bell and hiller gains.

The first four pictures at the top of the link are what the programming screens look like. http://www.skookumrobotics.com/media.html

Nick
Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that sure does look a bit different, for sure! I can see where it might be a bit of a learning curve there.

Like anything, you'll get used to it.

I'll bet it does sound different, and quiter.

That's good that you can leave it in the heli while you adjust stuff on the PC.

I'll bet it looks cool..having the heli plugged into a PC...reminds me of an F1 race car before the race starts...the pit crew are doing all kinds of stuff with a laptop PC connected to the car..[X(]

Glad it's working well for ya!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.