Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff
There was an item on Horizons web site a while back saying that some of there Y connecters were put together wrong. They had a diagram showing the good one and the bad one.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

Yeah I remember that, which is why back then I grabbed those pics from JPEE's set-up with his batts and connector as ya saw in the picture, but he had it displayed wrong so I wasn't getting the negative I needed at the end going to the heli... Lol... All is well now, and I connected them the right way, and just fired it up to be sure... There sure is a bigger spark when I connect the heli to 6-cells rather than my 5-cells I'am used to... Still have the 15t on, but still might spool it up anyway just cause its killing me to try, but to lazy at the moment to drop the pinion to the 12 or 13t recommended for a 6-cell... Eventually I want to try the Outrage 6-cell packs. I think you got one or two huh ? They say the diff is noticeable from using a 6-cell in series compared to just running one big mean 6-cell. [8D] Eventually I'll find what I like...LMAO...

Off to go play... Or hurt myself.... [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 03-28-2009, 10:11 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

how can you tell if your gyro gain is set to high?

When I use my direct drive, and make fast turns it has some wag and has a hard time counter acting sometimes, or is this normal
Old 03-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Carljw

Jeff
I have one 2500 Outrage. Ya the spark scared the crap out of me when I first pluged it in. The only 3 cells I have are 1800 E-Flite I used them to set the 500 up but havent tried to fly with them
yet probley only get 3 or 4 minutes. I have the 12 tooth pinion on
Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

If the gain is too high the tail will wag with a rudder input.

Guys,

If you remember I tried to make a Voltmeter last year. Anyways I revisited the project. The last time I did it the chip I had didn't measure small Voltage changes like .01V. I have a chip that was more accurate, but I thought my code didn't work on it. I was bored today, because I couldn't fly and I put the more accurate chip in with my old code and it worked. So I messed with the programming and I got it to measure and display up to the thousandth decimal place. So far it measured the same Voltage as my Fluke DVM, so I am going to wait and see if it will still display the same Voltage as the Fluke meter. If this works out I will be able to test my new balancer design a lot sooner than I planned.

Nick
Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

Yeah I can't wait to see how the Outrage pack does for ya longterm wise...I'am sure it will serve ya well. Yeah the spark is definately WAY more than my 5-cell TP packs ! I hovered the 500 in my garage for about 45 seconds in normal mode with my throttle curves way down, but with that 15t on, I still thought the head was going to explode...LMAO... I ended that experiment really quick ! I couldn't even get a 15 minute window from the rain today to at least jump it up outside in my yard, but hopefully tomorrow. Mixed snow and rain and miserable out there.

Before I take the 15t off and put on the 13t, I have to still at least go outside and see what's going on with a 6-cell and that 15t.... Just to curious, even though my headspeed will be about 3,400 rpms compared to the 2,900 I'am used to. The manual says not to exceed 2650, but what's a little more gonna hurt eh ?! [8D] I could be asking for it...

Nick ~

Well that's good to hear... Funny you just talked about earlier on putting some of those projects aside until later, and then you accomplished another task with one of the Voltmeter projects... Good thing I'am not hangin' out with ya over at your house, as you would confuse the crap out of me ! LMAO... But I sure would learn a lot...

Heli ~

Good to hear your flying ! [8D] Your a pilot for life and ya know it.....

~ Jeff
Old 03-28-2009, 11:46 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I charged up my battery and I still got the same readings as my Fluke Voltmeter, but mine goes out an extra decimal point. It only took a year to get it to work, but better late than never. I could measure 8 cells with this chip if I wanted, but right now I just have it set to measure two.

Nick
Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I finally got around to checking the forums, what a miserable day here! []

Jeff, I feel like I live in Seattle, or London...lol...drizzly, rainy, kinda cold, yuck!

Anyways, not much new here, but I did learn something today...I was going to go up and take some pics of the new flying place for y'all, but guess what? The gates at the entryway were locked! [X(]

I don't know if it was because of the weather, or the fact that it was Saturday...I'm gonna have to keep my eye on that place for a while, see how it works.

I just got done ordering my new batteries for the B400 from Hobby King/Hobby City. That place is addictive, I kept adding stuff to my order...lol. Lots of really cheap stuff...we'll see how it is...but it's hard to beat some of those prices on connectors, shrink wrap, stuff like that, of course the batteries.

I ended up getting the Rhino 1750's that I showed y'all last night, they should be good for the B400, got 3 of 'em. If I like them, I'm going to go ahead and get some more packs for the 500, probably some 2250's.

I got some cool stuff with the order, a battery cell tester, that I think is like the thing y'all call a "blinky" or whatever, you plug it into the balance lead, and it gives you a voltage reading of all the cells, total voltage, etc. You can even set it to give you a low voltage reading during flight, it will record the lowest voltage of each cell, and you can check it after the flight. It was like $15, so I'm not expecting too much...lol.

I also got a hand held "anemometer"...or a wind gauge...lol. It's made by Turnigy, had some pretty good reviews...we'll see....Jeff, you know me and my gadgets...LOL!

I think I'm going to make the splurge tomorrow and get a GY401 and a 9257 for the B400...

I don't need it, but I am thinking it will solve some weird little tail issues with the B400...I was watching the tail waggging a bit in mid flight yesterday....it seems to like to do that from time to time...could just be an adjustment, but from what everyone is saying, the gyro and servo upgrade is very worthwhile...

Jeff, better wear a full face mask and helmet when you spin that 500 up with the 15T and 6S...LOL[sm=omg_smile.gif] Maybe a cup too...LMAO!

Nick, great to hear you are getting back on the voltmeter. Fluke makes some of the best electrical test instruments out there...I don't have one at work, I use another brand, called Beckmann...another high quality meter...those things are expensive!!

Heli, glad to hear you are back in the air!!

Glenn
Old 03-28-2009, 11:54 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

There is nothing I can say other than SORRY. That was a back up "Y" I had bought to CMA should I ever loose or get out to a fly site and not be able to fly the 500 cause I forgot one so I put that one in the car. I had no recollection I used this WRONG "Y" in the picture I posted for you or whoever. When I did go to use the back up "Y" I found it would not work. Like you I went kinda nuts asking myself, what the "H" can be wrong? the other one works. Then as I laid them side by side I saw it, they were different! I had to unsolder and move the wires around to make it correct. I bought this as a complete set up from the LHS pre made in the bag. Again it has been to long ago but it must have been a paralle cord rather than a "series" cord. I did not know I posted a bad picture. If you have any idea where that post is please let me know so I can remove it. If you dont I'll go back a few months and look for it.
While it is of no use to you now I will post this correct picture. At least I am glad I told you yesterday to make sure you had 25 volts, that shoulda been the tip off something was wrong, but I am still sorry you had to deal with this.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50690.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1168324  
Old 03-29-2009, 12:05 AM
JPEE

THANKS CARL, for sharing that Eflite had some "Y" cords miss wired at the factory.....that makes me feel a lttle less GUILTY for all Jeff had to go through

JPEE
Old 03-29-2009, 12:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got some more batteries and more gadgets.

Nick
Old 03-29-2009, 12:36 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Lol.... Don't worry about it ! Everything worked out, and it only stumped me for a bit, before I went crawling back to Nick to help me out... [8D] Yeah I should have checked yesterday to see if I was getting the 25v's like ya said, but no biggie as it rained all day anyhow. I can't remember when ya posted those pics on this thread, but I remember I took some pics of my Air-Thunder's within a few days of you posting those pics, so maybe that might help you find the time frame. (picture below...Feb 17th around ?) I wouldn't worry about it, as if someone did hook them up that way nothing bad will happen or whatever... I can't wait to try the 6-cell set-up though ! I think its gonna make my 5-cells look like a snack in comparison ! [8D]

Glenn ~

Lol... Yeah I haven't came across anyone running a 15t with a 6s set-up except one guy on You-Tube, but it didn't look or sound like it was a 15t. It would be cool if it worked out so that I can just keep the same pinion on for the 5s or 6s packs...Lol.. But I doubt I'am gonna try the 15t with the 6s more than once. It just seems pretty crazy and unsafe. Man, I always wanted a wind gauge ! I even checked all the kite shops on the coast in Cali for one ! Good to hear that HC has one...

Talk with ya crazies later,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77431.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1168368  
Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff,

Here is my set up. With fresh packs I log in at 25 volts.

JPEE

JPEE ~

Here it is in case it did bother ya...Lol... It was on Feb 18th...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...27/key_/tm.htm

Take care !

~ Jeff
Old 03-29-2009, 01:38 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I got kinda carried away there on Hobby City's website!

Got a bunch of little stuff, connectors, shrink wrap, some of that stuff is so cheap, it's hard to resist!

The wind gauge should be neat. I'll do a thorough field test and report back...maybe I'll try to check it against the wind gauge at my club's field one day...

With the shipping costs the way they are, they encourage you to buy more stuff, since it's all setup by weights...they keep reminding you that you have more weight to go before you go to the next shipping cost level...lol.

Anyways, I picked the 3-5 day shipping for $11 more...I don't want to wait like 2 weeks for my stuff...[>:]

Good luck if you get to spin up the 500 tomorrow, I'm not too optomistic about my weather here...but I'll see tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 PM
HeliStyle

yeah hobbycity has some very good deals, thats where I have been ordering my batteries, very cheap and good quality for the price
If I could I would be spending tons of money there lol

flew three packs in the heli saturday with the cp pro 2 tail setup and its amazing, still amazed by it

how is everyone?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Good to hear you got to fly on Saturday.

I am doing good and staying busy with my electronics.

Nick
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Evan T.

Heli did you put the cpp frame on it yet
Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Yeah, that was my first visit to Hobby City/Hobby King, and so far, so good, looks like a decent place...I was a bit hesitant to buy from a place in China, but a friend has had good luck, and I guess Nick and JPEE have gotten stuff from them too...

The biggest killer is the shipping, of course...all the way from China..

Glad to hear you got to fly 3 packs on Saturday, my weekend was horrible, didn't fly a single heli...I had an opportunity this morning, but I had other things to do...and the the storms came..and wind...[]

Yeah, how is the CPP frame conversion going?

I went to my new big flying place today, and the gates were locked again...hmmmm...can't quite figure that place out yet...[>:] It's either deserted, or locked...LOL...[]

Glenn
Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I just hit the "confirm order" button at Heli Direct for a GY401 and a 9257 for the B400...

I didn't get much flying in this weekend, but I sure managed to spend some money!! [>:]

I think in the long run, it will be worth it...the B400 is still my "core" heli, and the one I'll probably fly the most...

I also ordered the book by Ray Hostetler, "The shop and field companion" ....I think it might be a bit too basic, but I enjoy reading stuff like that, so I'm sure I'll get something out of it...

Now, all I need is some decent weather, so I can test all this new stuff out!

I finally got around to setting up CPP2 #2 all up...and it's ready for action!

Dunno what's up with my new flying place, the gates were locked again today...[>:] I guess I'll just have to keep checking and see if there is some sort of pattern...

Glenn
Old 03-29-2009, 11:54 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you will have a lot to test out soon.

I flew the 600 once today and that is all I got to fly this weekend.

I have been working on the programming of my DVM all weekend and I think I am happy with what I got. I need more memory to try some more things out, but right now I can show the total Voltage in the bottom right corner of my LCD. Then I show the lowest Voltage cell in the bottom left corner. Then a second later it shows the highest Voltage cell and keeps doing that over and over. Then on the top part I show the Voltage of the first and second cell. Then a second later it shows the third and fourth. Then a second later it shows the fifth and then repeats. I want to try some things like my TP and Hyperion charger show, but I am lacking the memory and don't know how to add more. I am also limited on showing a max of 16V, so I have to think of a way to increase that to at least 18.5V for my 600 batteries. I think I have enough memory to add a balancer to the programming, but I am going to wait on that.

Nick
Old 03-30-2009, 12:38 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, lots of new stuff to test...just need some better weather and some time...maybe this week after work will give me some opportunities.

Wow, your voltmeter sounds quite sophisticated...I didn't realize you were planning that many functions.

I stumbled across your Skookum flybarless system on Helidirect...I had no idea it cost that much! I don't feel as bad now, with what I spent this weekend...

Hope your weather gets better so you can get some more flights with the 600.

I didn't need a wind meter today to tell me it was too windy to fly...lol, the wind is blowing like crazy now...

I missed an opportunity early today to fly, but I just had things that needed to get done.

I used accuweather today, and it was very accurate, especially the wind estimates/forecasts.

Glenn
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I like the challenge of being able to mimic what other electronics can do.

Yeah the Skookum isn't cheap, but it works good and is cheaper than the Mikado V-Bar.

The weather was perfect for flying today, so I wished I was able to fly the 450 today. But I still had fun programming today even though I didn't fly that much.

Cool to hear you used accuweather.

Nick
Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 AM
HeliStyle

The conversion went well, actually I think for some reason the cp pro frame on the honeybee fp flies alot better then the esky frame. Did alittle dremeling to fit the servos in and such, but overall it flew amazing this weekend. I hope today clears up alittle, but it raining out right now :/
Old 03-30-2009, 02:57 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Glad to hear that the conversion to the CPP frame worked out well...

Hope the weather clears up for ya later...it is WINDY as heck here, no chance whatsoever of flying any RC heli today...

How's everyone else been?

The forum is very quiet today.

Glenn
Old 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah it has been windy as a mother here also ! It was windy also on Sunday when I flew the Trex 450 with the CPP flybar paddles on, and I shouldn't have even flown it but was desperate for a fix...Lol... That was the most wind I've flown in with any of my birds and it was the 450 up to bat first. It did pretty well as long as I kept it moving and such. The lighter paddles really helped free up the bog to the weak, no torque, Align 430L 3550 kv motor and I won't look back to the heavier paddles again ! A bit over 2 grams a piece lost on each paddle.

When ya get home you'll have to check it out. Maybe on one of your B-400's you can try some lighter paddles ?

http://www.vimeo.com/3916464

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.