Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Guys,

Look what showed up today.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50236.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1171874  
Old 04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

COOL!

I remember now you were saying you were going to get some "toys" from Helidirect now I see!

And in time for the weekend too!

I have heard alot of good things about Spartan gyros, hope yours lives up to the hype...

I am thinking that is going on the 450?

Looks like you are the one havng fun today!

LOL, we were just talking about my ancient Futaba gyro from the Cobra days...and next post, you have a pic of the state of the art modern gyro...

Glenn
Old 04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

You little booger....! TOP NOTCH right there....[8D] That's what I love about these higher end gyros coming out lately is the technology is much more advanced and the weight of the gyro's being hardly anything... That is my next gyro also as you've heard me say many times...Lol... The 401 works great in both my Trex's, but they are such heavy bricks, and will soon be outdated if not already....

Is that drool I see next to it in the picture....?!

~ Jeff
Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I kept thinking you didn't have a gyro for the Cobra... My bad... It was Barrick over on the Wheeee thread as I now recall who didn't have a gyro for his Cobra then... He's just a sliver over 70 years old and always has amazing stories in the early adventures of these RC's....
Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah these are my new toys. I figured I was eventually going to get the gyro and I needed something to offset the cost of shipping on the servo case, so this worked out good. I also got the Align metal tail grips for the 600, so I don't have to use the plastic ones anymore.

Yeah the spartan is going on the 450 then the 2100T is going back on the Gaui.

original: Jeff
Is that drool I see next to it in the picture....?!
Jeff,

Maybe. LOL

Nick
Old 04-03-2009, 03:01 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

It's all good...just don't make me out to be any older than I already am...LMAO

Nick and I were wondering when the first RC helicopters were flown a while back...I was reading my new book by Ray Hostetler, and he's been at it since 1974...so they are dated back at least that far...I wonder what the first ones were like??[X(]

Glenn
Old 04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here is a real interesting and educational article on gyros...at least I think so...worth a quick read..

Looks like the first electro-mechanical gyro for RC helicopters came out in 1978...a unit made in Germany, for $50...

A nice bit of history too...looks like the first inverted flight was in 1978 by a guy named Ernie Huber...interesting...

http://www.heliproz.com/jwgyros.html

Glenn
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
JPEE

Hi Glenn,

That was very clear and go it 100%. THANKS!

I will go through those steps when I do the final install.

Mr. Jeff, I fly all of the time "without" a gyro? Do you think I could hit the light pole three times with a gyro interacting with my controls..............not hardly!

JPEE
Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Merry Christmas today! Your present came in WHOOORAH!

JPEE
Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

You are welcome!

OMG!!! I took the B400 up to the shop, and dialed the tail in using rate mode, then put in about 68% gyro on the DX6i...and it is absolutely AMAZING!!

Compared to the stock G110 and tail servo, it's just night and day....the thing just sat there and hovered with NO rudder input whatsoever...I had to correct the cyclic a bit...but it was almost hovering hands free!

It was worth every penny...I'll just say that...

I didn't get a chance to actually FLY it, mind you...but I could'a stood there and watched it hover all night...LOL!!

I am one happy camper!!

Now, I need to get those packs charged, and velcroed...so I can be ready for Sunday!

Glenn

Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
JPEE

GREAT NEW GLENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a winner there!

With no breeze I had mine hovering say about 4-5' off the ground with one thumb doing some very ninor cyclic adjustments. I got so confused with the point that the tail always (used to) slide to the right I was ready for a correction but it never happened it just sat there. If the heli drifted up a bit or slid right a bit but the freaking tail NEVER EVER lost a beat. Incredible!

Glad yours is dialed in. I will do the the same once I do the final mount.

JPEE
Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Cool huh ! I remember my first few hovers after installing the 401 back in Dec 07' with the 450 and still had some dialing in to do because I didn't know much about gyro's coming from a CPP and that thing still was locked in pretty good ! So I know how ya feel right now all excited and such... Lol... There's a 38 second clip where you can see me take my left thumb off for a good few seconds... O' the good ol' days........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaaSmCo8vNA[/youtube]

Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Yeah, to say I'm impressed with it is an understatement!!

Sounds like yours is very close as it is....but it might be good to take the time and get it dialed in a bit better, if it's off any...

Jeff,

I remember watching that vid of yours some time back, and was amazed at the hovering/tail control back then...wonder why I didn't get the message sooner...LOL?

Yeah, it's an amazing difference over the Eflite stuff, no doubt!

Glenn
Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

It like the old saying.....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

An absolutely I dial that puppy in just like you. I spent the buck for it so it would be foolish not to go to the finish line.

JPEE
Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your tail is working really good.

Nick
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks...

I hope your new gyro and blade grips work out well for you...

I probably won't get to fly until Sunday, by the looks of the weather here.

Hope you can get some testing done with the new stuff soon...

Glenn
Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I just sent ya a P.M. in regards to your inquiry for placing a You-Tube video in a thread, but I couldn't post a picture for you to see... I'am posting them here, and you'll see what I'am talking about. I wish I could find out how to do the Vimeo ones though, but I don't think it will work...

BTW.... If you do post a video here on the forum, you can click on the video and it will take you to the original placement which is on You-Tube...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Name:	Ol31402.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1172166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95285.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1172167  
Old 04-03-2009, 11:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got my tail grips out of the case and the bearings feel notchy, so I will have to check those out. Then I spent all day trying to find a supplier of circuit board versions of the TP and E-Flite balance connectors. I found one for the E-Flite version, but the TP is pretty hard to find, so I wonder were everyone gets those at. So I didn't have time to mess with the Spartan gyro.

Nick
Old 04-04-2009, 01:55 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Sounds like your spreading yourself to thin lol. Building helis and......circute boards and such. Oh yes then that thing you call school, I don't know how you do it my friend, but it seems like you do it well.

JPEE
Old 04-04-2009, 01:57 AM
JPEE

Hi Jeff,

Thanks, I did a test and it works fine. I tried Vimeo six ways to Sunday but no go. I tired cutting down the name, I tired Vimeotube...no go.

Thanks for pointing this out to me...........U DA MAN Mr. Jeff
Old 04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah I saw your test just a minute ago... I was gonna type STRIKE 1...LMAO... Yeah, I tried also but its still cool to at least use You-Tube I suppose... Hey... If you ever do want to play around testing out different stuff in a post you can use RCU's "test forum". I do often playing around... Dang... Tomorrow is Saturday morning and I didn't get a chance to charge up any batts for a morning flight ! I do have a couple for the 450 I think... I better go check... I usually just like to fly on the weekends and VERY early just so no one is around. Nice and quiet ya know ?

Here's that test forum for later use :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_72/tt.htm

Take care JPEE,

~ Jeff
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
JPEE

Jeff,
Thanks, I did not know about the test page, I'll keep that in mind! Do you know how to contact the mod here to suggest if isnt costly to them to add Vimeo. Perhpas a letter frmo us might help?

Glenn,
I solved my problem with the blade balancer being level. I had a old bubble from a tool I no longer use. Even though we talked about it not needing to be perfect I thought, strive for

perfection and accept for something near that.

Strong winds here and to be in the 72's and sunny, I guess that is still nice to work outside in.

JPEE

EDIT COMMENT: I did not notice untill I saw these photos that even PLUMB the teeter totter is not level. Then Chinese must not know what level is. I will now "balance" the balancer with some weight under the left side.

Name:	Us54355.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1172383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82096.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1172384  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,
Thanks, I did not know about the test page, I'll keep that in mind! Do you know how to contact the mod here to suggest if isnt costly to them to add Vimeo. Perhpas a letter frmo us might help?
I'am thinking it would be a gentleman by the name under RCU as " RCadmin "....(Moderator) I keep track of his posts to see what changes he keeps making to RCU during the slow changeover. Things like a better search function, the You-Tube deal, Last login by your name, Clicking the underline number of how many replies on a thread will show you who has posted in that thread and how many times, vice versa for your own underline post amounts, and there's many more small things so it has just been interesting to me...LMAO...

Here is his profile : http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...=1&memid=19934

And here is a good forum on RCU called " forum questions or problems " where you might be able to just even ask your question to get the answer for adding Vimeo to the list to make it uploadable in a thread :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_239/tt.htm

Cheers............. Charging some batts right now...Lol... Sunny and in the lower 60's today through Tuesday..... Sweet... Gotta love just having one Blinky for charging...LMAO... I'am like, duh.... I really need to get another one... Lol....

~ Jeff
Old 04-04-2009, 01:26 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hi Nick,

Sounds like your spreading yourself to thin lol. Building helis and......circute boards and such. Oh yes then that thing you call school, I don't know how you do it my friend, but it seems like you do it well.

JPEE
JPEE,

Sleep deprivation. Jeff probably knows how I feel.

I finished setting up the Spartan gyro last night, so I just need to add some zip ties and do a pre-flight check then I can fly it. But it is too windy to test it today, so some time I will get to fly it again.

Nick
Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Just got in and was checking in. Jeff, thanks for the infor on the Forum, I'll go over it in a bit.

Nick, great news you stayed up and godder-done! Now get to bed early tonight so you will be fresh for tomorrow, or at least a "napper" this afternoon for a possible fly tonight. WIND is ah blow-en here, the valley is hazy from the dust in the air.
Fair
Feels Like:67°
Barometer:29.99 in and falling
Humidity:40%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:42°
Wind:S 10 mph
Sunrise:6:37 am
Sunset:7:17 pm
THE WIND IS MORE THAN 10 MPH.....FOR SURE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.