Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

Wow ! That video was incredible.... 4 seconds into it, I was already 'adding to my favorites' list...Lol.. As I was watching that I was thinking hmmmm, if Nick got his hands on one of them watch out...! I bet he could snap it around at a fair clip.

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear the Gaui is easy for you to fly backwards on the sim.

If you want me to tell you how to learn and do a funnel I can. It might be something else for you to do on the sim.

Nick
Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah Nick Maxwell is an amazing pilot. I added one of his videos of him doing 3D on a CPP to my favorite list.

Nick
Old 08-16-2008, 08:03 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

rotarydoc here is a picture of it, its a tiny heli lol

[link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/images/heliimage/walkera_HM_4-3B_2_4G.jpg]walkera 4#3b[/link]
Old 08-16-2008, 03:41 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Wow, that is a small little guy. Very cute. I'll bet it will be fun in the house. It's smaller than I imagined....hopefully it's pretty durable too.

Did your GWS tail motor stuff come in yet? I am going to fly a bit later on, and hopefully get to fly alot tonight. The weather here is nice, but a bit windy. That's OK though, gotta get used to flying in the wind some.

Hope you get the tail stuff in for the CPP and can get it setup soon.

I might head up to my local field and see what's up there, even though I can't fly there.

Glenn
Old 08-16-2008, 03:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have fun flying and have fun if you go to your local flying field.

I am waiting for my transmitter battery to charge then I will go flying.

Nick
Old 08-16-2008, 05:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

HeliStyle ~

Wow that is a sharp looking lil chopper though ! I've never seen that one before. I've heard of it, just never seen a pic.... Looks fun for winter.

Well hopefully you guys can get some flying in. It's windier than heck here. Usually before dark by a few hours it starts to calm down. So for now, I'am clearing brush for more landing areas...Lol.. It's hard on the mountainside here. I'am seriously trying to figure a landing strip somewhere. I think I already started, it's gonna be crazy as the hillside is steep, and the pitch would be gnarly so I'd have to come in harrier mode with the planes. The beauty of our heli's is you just about can fly anywhere ! I love em....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from flying at the baseball field. I had a really hard time seeing the orientation today, so I almost crashed a few times. Then it didn't help the sun was going behind some clouds. I got to do some big funnels with the CPP and T-Rex, so that was fun.

Jeff,

It sounds like it is a little difficult to land your airplanes on the hill.

Nick
Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear that you had some orientation issues while flying. Glad you didn't crash...so it could have been worse.

Good that you got to do some big funnels with both helis.

I had a great day flying, even after having to work today, I was afraid I'd be too tired. I flew all three helis, the CPP, the B400 and the Gaui. No crashes, not even any close calls, actually.

Didn't do any groundbreaking flying, just brushing up on my figure 8's some more. I have the easy way down pat. I am getting alot better with the opposite direction now.

The CPP was a bit squirrelly, maybe due to the wind. It was having altitude changing issues. But it got better with the second pack.

The Gaui is flying very,very well. I really need to spend some more time with it. It seems as soon as I get smooth with it, the battery is almost done. I think I could really do well with it if I just stuck with it for all 5 packs. It's hard to go back to back with 3 different helicopters one right after another.

Other than that, a pretty good day overall.

I'm charging up for tomorrow. I am supposed to have another nice day, so I'm going to try to make the best of it.

Hope you can get some flying in before work tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
HeliStyle

still havent recieved the motor yet, which kinda sucks and I haven't flown the cp pro since last saturday because I was waiting for the new motor to come in, I really can't wait to get the walkera 4#3b going to be nice for inside use, on a side not, my Refrigerator just died on us, so thats another 800 bucks I need to spend on non helicopter stuff lol
Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

HeliStyle ~

Sorry to hear about that.....Ouch...[:@] It happens to us all it seems. I know my number's drawing closer for something to go wrong...lol...
Old 08-16-2008, 11:12 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Wow, sorry to hear about the motor, and especially the fridge. Didn't you recently also have a lightning strike take out the TV? This year has not been kind to you!

That seems strange about the motor, I have had really good service from eboyztoyz and they have always had fast shipping. They are in New York, so it should only have taken a few days.

But, did you use the super economy shipping (I think it's like $2.95)? If so, that might be why. I have always used the USPS Priority shipping.

Hope nothing else breaks anytime soon. At least you already ordered the new heli, so you'll still have it to play with when it comes in!

Good luck with everything.

Glenn
Old 08-17-2008, 08:00 AM
HeliStyle

yeah not to long ago my tv got struck by lighting and then my modem did to lol, noy its the fridge not have been having any luck in the last 2 months. Yeah I used the cheapest shipping they had, thats prob why its not here, However I did order it last sunday so maybe it will be in monday. I can't wait for the new heli to come in, the guy I ordered it from said he wont be shipping it out untill mid this week coming up, so I wont have it for alittle while, I might just take out the cp pro today just with the stock tail motor and just doing some hovering, but I have been dieing to get the new tail motor in and see how it is, but I guess ill have to wait. How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:01 AM
HeliStyle

sorry for all the typos in my last post.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was really tired last night and ended up sleeping for 12 hours. But anyways I think my problem with seeing the orientations at this new field is because there are some big trees behind me to the west. So when I was flying later in the day the sun was behind the trees. So if I flew early in the morning it would be easier to see.

Good to hear you had a great day flying yesterday.

My CPP was also having altitude changes yesterday too. In fact when I was inverted the wind pushed it to the ground, so the screw on top was spinning on the ground. And I managed not to crash it or get a scuff on the blades.

Hope you have a great day of flying.

I don't have enough time to fly before work today, so I will just take it easy.

Helistyle,

Sorry to hear about your refrigerator.

Nick
Old 08-17-2008, 12:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here. The weather is nice here today, so I should be able to get some flying in later on, when it's cooler and the horse track empties out.

I'm a bit worried about my LHS, the better one, that has more heli stuff. I went there yesterday, and they have a sign in the window that says 20% off everything. I went in, and looked around some, and got a few parts for the helis, and a cool magazine, Radio Control Helicopter, which has an article called "The Perfect First Helicopter". I flipped to the article, and it's about the Hirobo Quark! I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but I will and let you guys know how they liked it.

While I was in there, another customer asked if they were closing, and the LHS guy said that they were just "trying to move some inventory"...so maybe it's all OK. I would really hate to see anything happen to that LHS, because it's much more heli oriented than my closer one.

I noticed a Hirobo XRB on the counter, and asked about it. The guy asked me if I flew helis, and I told him yeah, and that I already had an XRB, and love it. The XRB is a demo/display heli, and it had a broken antenna mount, an easy fix. He made me an offer of $125 for it, with everything it comes with new...which is an excellent price. I already have one, so I am not too interested, but at that price, it's hard to go wrong! The battery alone is $60 for it!

Anyways, I SHOULD be working on the CX2, and replacing the inner shaft that I bought for it, but that can wait for a rainy day. I think I will do some time on the sim, and just take it easy until flying time.

Hope you guys have a great day.

Heli, yeah, that explains the long delay. They probably sent it parcel post, which takes FOREVER, even over relatively short distances. Hope you get it tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 08-17-2008, 01:58 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I hope your LHS stays open. But enjoy the 20% while you can. My LHS never has sales. Cool to hear about the Quark in Radio Control Helicopter magazine.

It is cool that your LHS carries other brands than E-Flite. All mine has is E-Flite stuff and a T-Rex 450SA with out the motor and ESC, but I could get one with the motor and ESC on the internet for the same price.

I would also rather be flying on a good day than working on a helicopter.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
HeliStyle

just received my gws tail motor conversion today, its about damm time lol that cheap ground shipping im never getting again, you pay for what you get lol prob end up setting it up tonight if I have time, how is everyone else doing?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
evdreamer

I am doing good. I have been too tired to fly lately.

Yeah I didn't use the cheap shipping and I think I went with UPS because I like seeing when my package will come. I ended up adding some more wire to reach the longer motor. If you need any help with the install Glenn or I would be glad to help out.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
HeliStyle

I am having trouble with the gws motor, everything is installed and when I give it throttle to lift off the ground the helicopter just spins doing 360s, its like there isnt any tail motor, im soo confused on whats wrong
Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

Are you using the stock gear box? If so the rudder inputs are going to be backwards. So unplug the connector for the tail motor on the 3in1 and reverse it, so positive pin is with the black wire and the negative pin is with the red wire. I hope that corrects it. If not try and describe what you have done so far.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 05:02 PM
HeliStyle

yup, your are correct damm im stupid lol I broke two tail rotors, its soooo stable now, I had a decent amount of trouble with the system, i stripped the wholes out in the motor so I had to retap them, and the wholes for the screws in the stock tailbox didnt line up with motor holes, so I had to shave some off, then I tried pressing on the rotor and the back of the motor popped out. Its working now, but I think im going to order a whole new motor set lol
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM
HeliStyle

wow its soooo stable, I love it I need a new gearbox though, im going to order another gws conversion and a new stock cp pro gearbox and tons more rotors lol
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM
evdreamer

Man, it sounds like you had an interesting time installing the motor. I assume you got some extra tail blades like Glenn suggested? It is good to hear the CPP is flying good for you.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 05:26 PM
HeliStyle

o yes I did, I just ordered 3 more packs like 5 minutes ago as well lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.