Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Just had to post once more, to see our replies hit 7000...

Glenn
Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 PM
JPEE

PLUS 1!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:40 PM
rotarydoc

Peter,

Thanks again for the info on the blades....I'm definitely going to give them a try, looks like they have great reviews for use on the CPP!

Too bad they are out of stock right now though...any idea of where else they might have them for that price? []

Glenn
Old 04-13-2009, 04:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool we broke 7000 posts. BPHobbies has them for almost $10 and helihobby has them for $5.62. http://www.helihobby.com/html/esky_f...l#PARTEK4-0000 It is 6 items up from the bottom.
Nick
Old 04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
helicorpse

Yeah Glennn ... yuk I went there to buy a couple of the outrage paks and some blades and now the blades are out of stock.. looking for a place with both blades and batteries to save on shipping. It's an esky number so it's available lots of places, raidentech, toyrc, heliguy, hobby-wing.. I buy alot of esky parts from the latter.... prices are great but are offset by the ems shipping, however, the service is pretty fast.

Peter

(You fly the esky 400... how does the blade cp compare to that heli if you have flown both by any chance.... there are parts that are interchangeable and they seem very similar, I've started using the main gear which is more durable than the esky one and replaced the tail rotor bushing with the 400 part also to free a binding issue.)
Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that's alot of posts...it's not the biggest one yet, but it's the fastest growing thread on the Eflite forum...

Thanks for that link....what is weird is if you look up at the second thing from the top, it's the same part number for the blades...but they are $9.49...

They are out of stock on both, and Helidirect is out of stock on the same thing for $7.32...[]

At any rate, they beat my LHS, which is getting $19.99 for a set of Eflite wooden sym blades!![X(]

Glenn
Old 04-13-2009, 07:17 PM
rotarydoc

Peter,

I guess you meant to say that I fly the Blade 400? I have never flown or owned an esky 400...

I can comment on the Blade 400 and the CP/CPP/CPP2 however.

To me, there is not much comparison... the Blade 400 flies much better than the CP series....mainly due to it's size, weight, and belt driven tail setup. Just a whole lot more stable, more predictable, and easier overall to fly, especially if you upgrade the electronics from the stock servos and gyro...

The latest version of the CP...the CP Pro 2 is a HUGE improvement over the original CP/CP Pro helis...Eflite did a great job with them, for sure! Mine are very, very fun to fly...but a bit squirrely still...doesn't give one the confidence that a larger, belt/shaft driven heli does. You just have to be on your toes, the tail, while vastly improved, still has it's little moments...LOL

To sum it up, I love both of them (well, all 4 in my case )...they are all fun to fly, inexpensive to repair, and parts are readily available locally.

Hope this answers your question!

Glenn
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Look at these...wow...for $6.54...makes me just want to order a set to see what they look like! [X(]

http://www.toyrc.com/spare-parts-340...-ek4-2160.html

Glenn
Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

Well I just got dont re-installing the stock gyro back on the 400-1 and did a test hover and she was fine. Kinda funny, I did some shoot outs for testing purposes and when in nomal she gives a bit. Then I switch up to stunt and she was locked solid....at least here in the yard. Of course I do have to deal with the minor tail wag/twitch that I can still feel a bit. If you remember I had taken the complete tail off of 402 and put it on there and thought it was the bearing it was perrrrrrrfect. After I put that back on 402 and 401s box back on I noted the tail box was bit twisted so I have another brand new tail box I am going to try. Meanwhile the test hover went very will and I did a complete tail set up again.

JPEE
Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah E-Flite is probably making a small fortune on blades.

That would be interesting to see how those carbons fly.

JPEE,

Good to hear your B400 tails are working good.

Nick
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Sounds like your tail is coming around... hope the new tail box helps some more...

Nick,

I am suspicious of those blades...they describe them as "carbon textured"....LOL

Wonder what that means....could be the covering just looks like CF...

Who knows....seems too good to be true, so it probably is...

Glenn
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Those blades sound like BAIT and SWITCH to me. That's like saying your date is Virgin "like". LMAO
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, haven't checked in over here in a few days, how are you all, and whats new?

Not to much over here, just ordered a brushless setup for my honeybee fp, it wasn't expensive and the guys over at rcgroups have had tons of success with it, hopefully when installing it turns out good
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I am good. Have fun with the brushless setup.

Nick
Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM
helicorpse

Okay Glenn... my bad!

I own a eflite cp pro... and yes, never could get the tail to hold enough to learn to fly untill I got the miroheli twin tail motor set up going and now it's rock solid in comparison but still has it's momments as well. I suspect the cheap carbon texture blades too... but the esky sym wooden blades are as good as any I've got from eflite banded blades. I own a Esky Belt CP, and it seems almost the same as a Blade 400... and that's the heli that's i've interchanged parts from the blade 400 with, as in main gear and tail rotor bushing etc, there's a whole list of interchange out there. I was just curious as to wheather you had ever flown it along side a Belt CP / or compared the two. I'm not sure what main rotor size is on the Blade 400 but the esky belt cp uses a sysmetrical 315*32.5*4.5MM Wooden main blade, I get an aftermarket Hobby-Wing blade and just bought 10 sets for $2.99ea. It' a krazy price cause I been paying 9 bucks them as it was before.

Have a nice day, it'll be tomarrow till it's sailing weather again here.

(And if it's not a sailing day then it must be a flying day)

Helicorpse
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
evdreamer

Helicorpse,

I used to own a CPP and a Belt CP.

Guys,

It is 60 here, blue skys, and hardly any wind. It sounds like this is going to be the only good day this week. I am charging up the 600 and 450 batteries. Then I am going to go out to the baseball field and try and go inverted for the first time with the 600. Then I am going to try and push my abilities with the 450, since I will have more room for error. I am going to try and get out of here soon because the baseball field/park is going to be packed once everyone gets off of work.

Nick
Old 04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Have fun and be careful out there!!

Yeah, this time of year, you gotta take it while the getting is good...I was able to sneak in two packs on the B400 at lunchtime yesterday...

I just ordered 4 new battery packs for the Gaui today, along with some other stuff...

I got more Outrage 25C packs, but these are 2S packs, 800 mAh, they should do great in the Gaui. Last time I had it out, I found two packs (those crappy yellow Gaui ones) that were basically done, and the other packs just didn't seem to have any life or punch in them at all...there is NO WAY it wouldh have enough power to do anything close to flipping, just totally lame...[>:]

Anyways, I got a question for ya...the packs I'm getting have almost identical dimensions as a CX2 pack...long and slim. My Gaui packs were short and stubby, so I could fit them on the battery tray, even with the gyro and RX on the bottom plate.

I can't remember...how did you do your battery and electronics?

I am going to have to fabricate a battery tray to mount the pack in front, like semi-vertically, like the V2 is...

I have some ideas...I don't think I can use the Lohr mount, because the G110 is so tall, I don't know if it would fit.

I kinda like the vertical mounting a bit better anyways, I like my electronics being where they are, which is nestled in the frame, well protected...

Have great time flying, and good luck!!

Glenn
Old 04-14-2009, 03:41 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Helicorpse,

That is an amazing price on those blades!

I think that is what the B400 blades are, either 315 or 325mm..not sure...I know the rotor span is like 28.5 inches or there abouts...I have always just bought the Efilte blades, not too bad for $11.99...what is crazy is that at my LHS, the CPP symmetrical blades are $19.99!![X(]

I just don't see the logic in the B400 blades at $12...and the CPP ones at $20...both are wood, symmetrical blades...[>:]

Yeah, I don't think I would trust those "carbon texture" blades either...something just doesn't seem right for the price...gotta be a gimmick...

Glenn
Old 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had the best time of my life!!!! I started with the 450 and got the guts to try some moves I do on the sim and pulled them off. One was where I do a backwards figure 8 then at the center I flip over to inverted then back up right at the center again. Then I did some hurricanes, which is a really fast backwards inverted circle. Then I did some flips while moving forward. THEN.. the 600. I just did a basic right aileron flip and it was so freeking easy and stable. Then I thought why not try the stuff I do on the 450. He he he. Everything I did was so much easier than the 450. It was like a super stable 450 on steroids. Then I was also doing the same stuff I learned with the 450 today, but it looked better and the good blade crack was present. No crashes and only pure fun. Can you tell I had a good day? I wish you guys could be there to watch. Everyone said I had an undersized motor and battery, but it had plenty of power for me. I can see if they wanted to do continuous tic tocs it might be a little underpowered, but other than that it performed flawlessly. My parents are coming to watch me at the demo and I will try and get one of them to video tape me, so you guys can see me fly the 600. I will get to your question on the Gaui after this.

Nick
Old 04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
helicorpse

Nick,

yo! I'm learning single rotor in my shop this past winter, quite a variance in flight characteristics between the two, one a bumble bee and the other is a bomber by comparison.

and you probably know where I'm at and will be coming from before I get there? Strange too that you have what will probably be my next heli in your hanger now, I am leaning toward a 450se v2 knock off of some type possibly. I need advice on a new tx. I can't find anyone to dis the spektrum dx6i really for the cost or not fail to recommend the dx7 over the dx6i if you can afford it. My question then is are the tx, rx, & servo combo's a good deal or a great deal or what and what can I do with them. The SPM2720 micro lite with AR6100 & DS285's / or SPM2712 with the AR7000 & ds821's. Can you tell me if the rx in either the blade cp pro or the belt cp will accept the spekturm tx without replacement? Also, obviously I would use the rx and servo's either in my current belt cp or the new build of the 450se v2. Are both or all those servos the same size/ the housings on some look like different mounting. Also by downgrading or just getting the spm6620 DX6i with AR6100e (end connect) and the DSP75's for a 120$ less is tempting and could almost buy me another heli to kill.

helicorpse,
Peter
Old 04-14-2009, 03:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I also have the Outrage 2S 800mAh batteries for the Gaui. That is the only 2S battery I would use in that heli. The CPP battery had just as much power as those, but that is an unfair comparison since they were 3S.

My Outrage battery went all the way up to the front of my receiver in the pic. If it didn't the canopy wouldn't fit.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20102.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1180332  
Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

The 450SE clones and the T-Rex fly really good. You will notice the difference between one of those and the Belt CP. The Belt CP was a great beginner helicopter for me to learn how to fly collective pitch helis, but once I got better I found some limitations of the Belt CP.

Most of the guys here have a DX6i and Jeff, JPEE (also uses the DX6i), and I use a DX7. We all like our transmitters. I got the microlite kit with the DX7, AR6100, and DS285's. You need a new receiver(Spektrum or JR 2.4GHz) when you use a Spektrum transmitter. Other receivers won't work.

Those two servos are different sizes. The DS285's work great in the Belt CP and T-Rex or clones. The DS821's are standard sized servos and won't fit the small mini size helis. I use standard size servos in my 600 sized heli. The DS285's in the microlite kit have nylon gears. I am pretty sure everyone on this thread would recommend metal gear servos. They are more expensive, but well worth the money after a crash. It is a pain to take the servo out, put the new gears in, and re-setup the head. If you can afford it buy the best electronics you can because there is a difference. The Hitec HS-65MG, Hitec 5065, and JR DS285MG are some of the best and well liked servos for the 400-450 sized heli.

Hope I answered all of your questions.

Nick
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
helicorpse

Great info Nick... thank you.

Are those DS285 servo's that come with the spektrum JR servos.. or is the model number just similar? If so then the MG replacements for the JR could eventually be used? The AR6100 listed is not the end connect model and seem like it would be awkward. Hmmn, can't seem to find listing for dx7 tx only. FUn FUn FUn

helicorpse

Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
evdreamer

Peter,
Here is a link to the DS285 with nylon gears that comes in the microlite package.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9456

Here is a link to the DS285MG with metal gears that isn't in the microlite package.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18393

I have only used the AR6100 with the pins facing up. That one works best in the Belt CP on the bottom of the frame under the mainshaft. The other version would probably work in the receiver part of the frame.

Here is the DX7 by itself. There are probably other places that sell it like that, but GrandRC is the only place coming to my mind.
http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/59626

Nick
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

AWESOME!!!

Sounds like you had a blast with BOTH helis today!!!!

I know how great you must feel, I get the same way when I have a great day of flying...

Congrats on the new moves, and especially on trying it all on the 600 as well...that is cool that it went so well on your first try with the 600...I imagine it was almost easier for you, since everything happens a bit slower, just a matter of getting your timing down...

Too bad you didn't have it on video!!

That would be very cool if you can get someone to video your demo flights too....

I see now how you did your setup, I didn't realize you had the ESC and gyro mounted to the bottom of the frame....interesting...

I got a piece of wood, and a piece of brass strip to possibly make the battery mount, so I'll be experiementing with that...

If I went your route, I would probably mount the receiver on the bottom, since the G110 is so tall...I don't think it would work or look to well mounted that way...[X(]

Thanks for the pic and info on the batteries...

Again, CONGRATS on a great flying day!!!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.