Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Yeah, you would think that Horizon would set the prices that their retailers could charge...and maybe they do, but some places just don't comply...

That is great that you are having awesome weather, it's nice right now here, but not for long, according to the weather, plus the ground is SOAKED from all the rain we have had.

I think your great weather will be here in a day or two, so says the weather...LOL

I finally got my AMA number now, and a FAX that says I'm officially an AMA member now!

Now I just have to cut a check, send the form....and then, I don't know what????? LOL

I asked Rob last night in an email, what happens next, I don't know if they notify me, or how that works, it's all very vague...

JPEE,

Hope those blades work out well for ya.

Nice big flying fields there!

Unlike you, my LHS is seriously lacking in stocking Eflite parts...I'm lucky if they have half the stuff I need when I go up there...they are just too diversified, they don't specialize in RC aircraft at all, in fact, they do more RC car stuff than RC aircraft...lots of MODEL TRAINS though...LOL....YAWN...

Going to go to lunch now, talk to you guys later on,

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Welcome to the AMA club.

Yeah my club is also vague on what happens after I send them a check.

Nick
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the welcome....I don't feel any different now that I am a member, except that I do have insurance now...LOL

I wonder how the $1000 insurance on the models and equipment works? I guess I'll get more info when my card arrives.

Yeah, I'm lost as to what to do, or what I can or can't do from here...LOL

I emailed Rob, maybe he can tell me more. I don't know what someone would do if they didn't know someone in the club...I guess call the people on the website.

I asked Rob about his crashed 600N, but he's not ready to sell it yet. I just figured I'd ask, you never know when someone wants to just get rid of something like that.

My application has a section for "Committee Assignments Desired"....hmmmm I picked the field maintenance one....looked like the least involved...LOL. I guess just go around and pick up trash, tidy up the place.

I think my first meeting is on May 8th, so I'm sure I'll find out more then.

Hope you are enjoying your awesome weather!

It's nice here still, but I gotta go back to work. Maybe I can fly a bit later on.

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

If I had to pick an assignment I would also choose the least demanding.

Yeah I am enjoying the weather.

Nick
Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'm not sure I did the right thing on the assignments...lol

I figured I have to pick one...but it didn't say I HAD TO...

I might have just volunteered myself for some hard labor...LOL

I don't mind helping out some, I mean it's nice to have a place to fly, so I feel like I should contribute to keeping it nice...I just don't want to do any back breaking work, like back in my RC car days, maintaining a dirt off road track. THAT is alot of work!![>:]

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I started noticing some dust on my main gear a couple of flights ago, so I thought it was my pinion to main gear mesh. I adjusted that and it was still there, so after my last flight I noticed my belt drive gear was rubbing on the main gear. The shaft popped out of the bearing, so that shaft was floating up and down. I put a new shaft in and put a lot of green threadlock between the shaft and bearing. I just finished putting everything back together and I am going to fly again pretty soon and see if the threadlock fixed the problem.

I can now fly 7min with my rountine compared to 5.5min with my wooden blades. A set of carbon blades is sure worth the money because of the longer flight times

Nick
Old 04-21-2009, 03:05 PM
JPEE

Whats the matter with you two guys? Didn't anyone tell you about the AMA HELL WEEK! ! !
This is what you must go through to be a full member? You have to PLEDGE first.
1. A marshmellow run,
2. How many rotten eggs you can eat,
3. Clean the Andy Gumps WITHOUT gloves.

Glenn, you dreaming if you think your gonna just pick up trash LMAO..............had ya going didn't I?

No disrespect to the AMA, it is a brotherhood like no other.

Nick, glad yer ah flying today. Dang near 98 or so here. Might try latter to sneak a pack or two in.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool that you found that problem before it became a big problem!

Hope the green loctite fixes the shaft to bearing issue.

That is amazing that you are getting that much more flight time from the CF blades...[X(]

I wonder what the main improvment in flight times comes from? Less drag? Or maybe slightly less weight?

JPEE,

LOL on hell week!

I guess I'll find out soon enough what my chores are going to be at the club/field...

That is too hot....keep it over on your side of the country! [>:]

Good luck if you go to fly.

Glenn

Old 04-21-2009, 03:20 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

A quick note. Eriks packs were are 3.7 and 8 and the Turnigy took 50 minutes to bring them (2) at one time back up to full charge!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

So far the shaft is staying where it should.

I put a new belt on that, so that might help the flight times. My wooden blades were also a little warped and were heavier and a little thicker, so that might lower the flight times.

Nick
Old 04-21-2009, 04:53 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys maybe you can all give me some help

I am replacing the main wires coming from my 4in1 the actual wires that come from the 4in1 and connect to the battery. I know the old stuff is 20awg wire, so I went to radio shack and was wondering if I could use 20awg UL recognized hookup wire to replace the old stuff?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Is this the wire you have, or are thinking about?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049746

If so, it'll be fine, "UL recognized" just means that it's been safety approved by Underwriter's Laboratories, which checks elecrical stuff to make sure it meets certain saftely standards....

You'll be fine with that, since it is the same gauge wire, and stranded copper.

Hope you get it fixed up!

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
HeliStyle

yeah thats the stuff, wasn't sure if it would be alright, and just wanted to make sure from someone that knows
Old 04-21-2009, 05:52 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Cool, hope you get it all straightened out....

No flying here, big storms coming through...

I guess it's heli maintenance night...gotta keep the fleet in top shape! LOL

How are things up there?

Hey, somebody showed me this video, I couldn't help but thinking about you...only because of where it happened, not that it would happen to you...lol [X(][X(]

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...ot-705060.html

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
HeliStyle

yeah it is raining hard here, prob no flying for a few days, the weekend is suppose to be really nice out here, 70 degrees and such friday and saturday. Things are the same here, I ordered a new brushless esc for my honeybee, the one I had for it went up in smoke lol So I ordered a hobbywing 25amp for it. That video is nuts lol hope that never happens to me, the first time I watched it I didn't see the guy run out the left side of the forklift, he is lucky that stuff didn't land on him
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yup, the weather here is supposed to be awesome for the weekend, but I have to work Saturday. I took off next Monday. That will be the first day I have ever taken off or missed in 3 years. It's going to feel weird not going to work on a weekday.

That Home Depot video looks like something that would happen to me on a Monday morning...LOL

Yeah, that guy is lucky he didn't get killed...

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Evan T.

Well I called horizon and the lady said it should be here tomorrow
Old 04-21-2009, 09:15 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That is cool, now you don't have to worry too much anymore!

I hope you get an AR6100 reciever with it, for all the time it was gone....I think you will..

Cool, you'll be set to go do some flying!!

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Evan T.

im thinking that they prob wont send one just because they are probably loosing so much money from that
Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

I guess we'll see. I know that they don't want to get a bad name because of the recall, so I think it's good for them (and cheap for them, those recievers don't cost them much) to take good care of the customers with recalled radios...

I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if you didn't get one.

I have had nothing but great service from Horizon on the warranty stuff I have sent in, I have no complaints about them at all.

I think it took about 2 weeks when I sent my DX6i with the bad roller in...it takes them longer when they have to fix stuff....when they send me new stuff to replace broken things, I get them really fast.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Glenn
Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
HeliStyle

yeah I have to work saturday as well, today is my first day off in two weeks :/

all I have been doing lately is work, school, work, school, work work work lol
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Enjoy your day off!

I get one on Monday...I am hoping for nice weather, so I can do some flying. That would be great, because there would probably not be any people at the fields and what not, so I would have them to myself...

I didn't notice that that guy got away from the forklift on that video until you pointed it out...he got outa there quick![X(]

Glenn
Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
JPEE

April 22, 2009
9:37 a.m.

Hi Guys,

I did a breakfast fly this morining in Calif before it got HOT again. A few days a go I crashed my 400-2 with the 401 gyro so today it was two flights with the 400-1 with the same Hitec's servos but a stock gyro. I was so surprised how well the tail held. Looks like all of the steps in the SOKAL video, changing the tail rod length and such, centering servo and such really paid off as she held tight today. I have rasied my throttle curves up 10+ from stock settings and that seems to have made a big difference too. I did two shoot outs and the tail held fine. Same thing in stunt too. Then I was lucky enough to get in a T-Rex 500 and 600 flight in too. I have bucked up the 600 by +10 too and it hase gotten more stable. I might try to go +5 more. After that to many people with dogs were moving around so it was time to pack up and was doen by 8:00 a.m.

It was just great to get out there. I hope some or all of you can fly today.

JPEE

Old 04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
helicorpse

Hello Nick

I know you've been talking about doing a demo flying thing this coming Friday.. how about giving me the scoop on the when and where because as chance would have it I'm gonna be in Lincoln and want to attend. I haven't ever seen any live 3d stuff ever either and am looking forward to it. My uncle lives in Lincoln and I'm passing thru on the way back from a business trip to Colorado, also I lived up there for a year and a half while working on the Embassy Suites downtown. I just gotta get down to drink some of my favorite Empyrian microbrews and go to that old blues bar again down by the university.!!

Helicorpse
Peter
Old 04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Glad to hear that ya got out there and got some stick time in!

I don't know how you do it, flying so early in the morning....lots of coffee I guess....LOL

I don't even think of getting out of bed at 6AM, much less flying!

To each his own, I suppose, I've been a night owl ever since I was a kid, so I guess I'll never change!

Good to hear that your B400 tail is doing well...mine is dialed in nicely now too. When Rob and I were checking it out, however, it's got a very high frequency vibration in the tail, the vertical fin was shaking so badly it looked blurry...lol

I'm thinking I need to begin with a pair of tail blades, mine are a bit chipped up on the tips, and might be bit out of balance as a result.

I'm looking at a great weekend weather forecast here, almost HOT, in the lower 80's....but that will be a welcome change from all this rain, and lower than normal temps...

Have a great day, you earned it!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.