Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

it is seriously night and day, the other day at my father inlaws house I stuggled to control the cp pro, I just took it outside 10 mins ago and its a huge difference with this tail motor, its like night and day, thanks very much for the help I would have never figured out what was wrong with the spinning
Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
evdreamer

Good to hear the motor is working so well for you. Now it should be much easier to learn on the CPP. This motor is the best and cheapest way to make it handle better.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
HeliStyle

I agree hands down, im loving it, going to order couple of them just in case
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
HeliStyle

geez the tail rotors break every easily, I'm not sure if its something that isn't right on my setup but I hit the ground alittle hard and the thing shattered, do that break that easily for you guys or is it just me?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn said he broke one, but I have never had the tail blades touch the ground.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I need to lengthen the rod coming out of the gearbox so it doesn't come close to the ground
Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Guys,

Wow Heli, sounds like the motor came in and is working great for you! That is very cool....glad to hear that the motor made a big difference for you, even with the 3 in 1 gyro.

Sounds like you had quite an adventure there, getting it all setup!

Yeah, the rotor blades are fairly fragile, they seem to be on the brittle side. I didn't take much for me to break a couple of them when I first was setting everything up. Now, I don't have tail strikes with it much anymore, since it is flying so much better.

I didn't fly tonight, too tired. I needed a day off from flying anyways. The way today went at work, there was NO WAY I was going to try to fly...everything went wrong or was a hassle...Mondays, I guess!

I am very glad for you Heli, now you just need to spring for the G110 gyro, and you'll really be loving it!

Glenn
Old 08-18-2008, 09:35 PM
HeliStyle

glenn what do you mean by tail strikes?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:00 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your day at work. Hope you have a better one tomorrow.

I got three flights in and flew scale instead of mild 3D today. I really liked the longer flight times. I am seeing how long I can fly once the batteries finish charging up. I also put the Belt CP verticle stabalizer on and it made it easier to see since it was orange/yellow.

Nick
Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I refer to tail strikes whenever the tail rotor blade hits something it's not supposed to, usually the ground. Maybe it's not the best terminology, but I hope that helps explain it some.

Good luck with the CPP/GWS, and let us know how you are progressing with it...

Glenn
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks, tomorrow will be better, I am sure. Today, everything just seemed to go wrong somehow. I guess everyone has those days sometimes.

That is cool that you were doing scale stuff. I actually enjoyed watching the older guy at my flying field fly the T-Rex 600 scale, it really looked cool just floating around out there. Very relaxing flying with the stability of the 600...

Good idea on the brightly colored stabilizer. I could use one of those on the CCP for flying against the woods backdrop in the evenings.

My baseball field has become a very active football practice field. I doubt I'll be flying there too much in the near future. But the horse track is still working out well so far.

Hope you get some flying in tomorrow as well.

I think it's going to be kinda rainy and windy for Helistyle, with that storm down in FL.

Hope you guys have a nice day tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I have days like that at work too.

I think I might save up for a T-Rex 600E. It might take a few years, but it would be fun to fly scale with it. I would be terrified flying 3D with that helicopter.

Are you flying the CPP with the black tail blade? I fly with the orange one and it is really easy to see.

Good to hear you still can fly at the horse track. The big baseball field I used to fly at has baseball games all the time, but the one closer to me hardly has any games. So I will stick with that one for now.

Nick
Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, today has been alot better already at work. No big headaches yet. Glad to know I'm not the only one sometimes. Some days, things just don't go right at all. But, there are good days too....so I guess it balances out. At least I did my Saturday last weekend, so no more weekends for a little while.

I was very impressed with those 600's. I can see myself flying that when I'm an older guy like the guy that was flying scale. Rob made flying mild 3D look like a walk in the park. But he's been flying for 15 years. The other big plus is that they are much easier to work on, everything is BIG and out in the open for the most part.

Yeah, next time I will order the bright orange tail blades. Didn't even think about the visibility issue when I ordered them.

Yeah, the horse track is cool so far, I haven't seen any of the security guys lately. Just that one time.

I forgot to tell you, I am getting a new (newer) car this week sometime. So, I am probably going to be occupied with that, so it may cut into my flying/forum time a bit. But I will still keep in touch even if I didn't fly that day. The car is in great shape, and a great deal, but it needs major engine work, so that will be a project for the future.

Gotta head back to work...see ya later,

Glenn
Old 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your day is better.

Yeah I can imagine it being easier to work on the 600.

It's good that the security people let you fly at the horse track.

I can understand that working on the car would take some time. Enjoy working on it.

Nick
Old 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM
HeliStyle

I hear you on the whole work thing, sometimes I just wanna go home and sleep and forget about work, but ya gotta keep the money coming in. On another note, my lhs is ordering a bunch of the e-flite direct drive motors from the cp pro 2 and should be in sometime in september. Also checked my new heli, it just left hong kong this morning and wont be here for 10 days I guess, so still awhile to wait for it.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
evdreamer

Have fun with the new helicopter when it comes.

Nick
Old 08-19-2008, 04:56 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool on the Eflite DD tail motors, I wonder how they will compare to the GWS setup we are using? I guess we'll find out soon enough. I was actually going to wait for the Eflite stuff, but just got impatient, and went with what was available.

I hate waiting for stuff in the mail, but I guess you don't have much choice when it's coming from Hong Kong...LOL

Did you get any of the big storm that hit the west coast of FL?

Did you order any more GWS stuff, motors, tail kit, etc?

Glenn
Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Today at work was much better, things are back to normal.

Hope school and work are going well for you.

Did you get any flying in today?

I have some errands to run tonight, not sure if I'll get any flying in before then or not...

LOL, I won't enjoy working on the car much, but it'll be worth it when it's done. It's not much fun to work on your own car when all you do all day is work on other people's cars...kinda like when I was doing RC cars, racing them, and also working at the LHS/track. Between racing, working on my own stuff, helping customers with their RC cars, running the counter, stocking shelves, doing tons of dirt off road track maintenance, opening and closing the shop, doing the cash register at end of the day, etc, etc, etc, I got totally burned out of RC...and got completely out of it, sold everything...until earlier this year, with the helis.

About the only way I would get back into the RC car racing thing is if the ONLY thing I did was race and work on my own stuff.

Glenn
Old 08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
HeliStyle

hopefully the eflite tail motors are just as good as the gws ones, so I can just pick them up my local hobby shop. I know I hate waiting for stuff online to come in, especially stuff that takes two weeks, I payed alot for shipping too, it was like 50 dollars, I would expect faster shipping but I guess not, I did order more tail rotors last night as well, because I broke like 3 of them, 2 on the motor screws because the rotor was to far on the shaft.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

How's that storm coming along? Did you get hit hard by the wind and rain? I hope not, and especially no lightning strikes!

Did you order the black or the orange tail rotors? I think I will order some orange ones, like Nick and I were saying, when you are flying against a dark backdrop/backround, like lots of trees, the black tail boom and tail box get hard to see. Nick says the orange ones are alot more visible.

Wow, that is alot for shipping! I was tempted to order my Gaui from Flyinghobby, in Hong Kong, but the shipping basically offset the lower prices they have. Plus, I just don't feel comfortable doing business all way on the other side of the world! I hope all goes well with your order.

I didn't fly today, just had too many other things to do tonight. Hopefully tomorrow.

I also hope that the CPP2 tail motors and blades will work well, I agree, it's alot nicer to be able to pick up the parts at the LHS.

Glenn
Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I am doing very good on my tests at school, but I am having a hard time getting a hold of my adviser to schedule classes for next quarter. Then two of the worst employees didn't do their job today, so me and my other co-workers had to do their work.

I got two flights in today. I was practicing on making the helicopter go in the exact spot I wanted.

I think my brother-in-law didn't like working on his car after work either. I was actually thinking about applying for a job at my LHS, but after your experience I might not want to.

Helistyle,

Now I know what Glenn was talking about with the storms near you after I watched the weather channel.

I had to pay around $40 in shipping the last time I ordered from Hong Kong.

Nick
Old 08-20-2008, 12:41 PM
HeliStyle

lol I forgot to tell you guys I lived in connecticut not fl, I used to go down to fl alot so I decided to put that instad
Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

LOL, all this time I was picturing you in nice, hot, sunny, and sometimes stormy Florida!! And near Disneyland too...LOL

Oh well, it's all good, nothing wrong with living in Connecticut!

I was thinking you would be flying in nice warm weather in the winter, but I guess not in CT !! LOL

Hope your new heli comes in soon.

Have you been flying the CPP?

Glenn
Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds good on school, glad to hear you are doing well, keep up the good work!

Yeah, I know what you mean about work, I am constantly making other peoples work up, and correcting their mistakes. Sometimes, it doesn't pay to be a good worker, as bad as that may sound. It's a bad situation, but the boss notices it, since I just got a $1 raise without even asking for it.

That is cool that you are trying to place the heli in exact spots. I set a floor mat out as a heli pad when I fly at the horse track, in the grass, and make it a point to make myself land on the mat each time. I think it's good practice for precision flying.

Yeah, consider working at a hobby shop carefully, as burnout is a very real possiblity...it happened to me. It's cool, and you will probably get great discounts, etc. but sometimes too much of a good thing can actually be bad.

Hope you get to fly some more tomorrow.

I am going to fly here in a little bit after dinner.

Glenn
Old 08-20-2008, 05:52 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got a raise without asking.

I have heard precision flying is as hard as 3D. In the new RCHeli magazine there was a long time FAI flyer and he was talking about how hard it is. He said most people think it is boring to watch, but when some who does 3D tries it they can't do it.

I just got one flight in and I am starting to see my flight times are going down with an old battery. It has close to 100 cycles on it, but the flight time is only down 10-30 seconds.

Have fun flying today.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.