Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:13 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

It is around 45 here and raining off and on.

Nick
Old 04-27-2009, 02:02 PM
helicorpse

Alrighty then about using the spektrun dx7 with the Blade cp Pro!. I was assuming that the 4 in 1 thinga-ma-jiggy would possibly prevent that. I've got time to reseach how that's done before i get the tx /rx in the mail. If you've any resource or suggestions tips and tricks let me know.

Otherwise, I've found a group of guys that fly down at the public parks indoor soccer practice field facility and I'm goning to check that out. Sounds like a great place to fly the lil critters regardless of wind and rain.

Misery (Missouri) weather here with thunder booomers and storms coming thru every day for the next five. The upside? I'm leaving Thurday for a 4 day / 3 night float trip down the Buffaloe NSR.. yehaw for the white water!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

As usual, your weather will be here on Wednesday...lol...much cooler, with rain...

I'll take it.

It's too hot for this early in the year...at least it's not too humid though, like July or August...YUCK!

Glenn
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

Cool to hear you found a place to fly inside.

Have fun on your float trip.

Glenn,

I got the stator out of my burned up Belt CP motor!!!!! So I am going to see if there is a Scorpion that has a similar size and try and get a similar kV rating. Then later on I will put some better magnets in the can if I can get the old ones out. But this will be cool that I will be able to fly my 450 on this motor. If Scorpion doesn't have one this size it will be a hit or miss on getting a good kV rating.

Nick
Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds cool on the Belt CP motor mod...hope you can find the stuff to upgrade/repair it, and make some power at the same time!

So does Scorpion sell parts for brushless motors as well as complete motors?

The head is all done on the Gaui, now all that's left is the tail boom, and seeing what I can do with that tailbox.

I was looking at parts for the 600, if I were to get it. It looks like the Align muffler is about $80...and the bottom plate is $20, plus I would need main and tail blades...and maybe a crankcase, but that is only $37, I was surprised at how cheap that was, for such an intricate piece of aluminum machine work....just trying to get some ideas...

Glenn
Old 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I found out why I lost the tail....the whole thing is/was falling apart, every single screw was very loose...and you can see "witness marks" as we call them in the auto industry of where there was rubbing/friction between the side plates and the main housing.

It literally vibrated itself apart. I had put loctite on the whole thing when I first put it on, but that was quite some time ago...

Goes to show that preventative maintenance (which I didn't do here) can prevent a disaster later on...

One would think that once something was assembled with loctite, it would stay put...but I think there is inherently a LOT of vibrations in the Gaui and other small heli tails/tailbooms, etc...

Enough vibration will eventually loosen anything....

After looking it over, I am pretty sure I'm just going to install the stock V1 tailbox for now. As I remember, it flew OK with it. The two biggest drawbacks are all the plastic stuff...and the interference between the parts at the extremes of travel of the slider...but both of those are minor, and easily addressed for now..

Live and learn...

Glenn
Old 04-27-2009, 03:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't know if it is going to make a lot of power. I used 24AWG wire with 9T and the original has 6T with 8 strands, but I don't know what size it was. I finished winding it and now I have to connect the wires and put it back in the case. It looks better than it did before.

Scorpion doesn't sell the parts, but they sell kits that you can wind and build yourself.

You might want to check the Outrage muffler out. There is a 50% crash replacement on them. I have also heard the Align muffler isn't that good. I think it has something to do with the baffaling(sp?) inside the muffler.

Good to hear the tail is all that is left to do on the Gaui.

Nick
Old 04-27-2009, 05:04 PM
evdreamer

My newest Belt CP motor is running really good. It only wastes 1.5A running, so that isn't that bad for a motor this size. I will get the specs on it later today, but this was a fun little project. I am using an old bottom plate off my 450 for a motor mount and it is working a lot better than my wood mount.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52104.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1188046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86580.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1188047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58702.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1188048  
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Wasn't gonna fly due to the cold 60 degrees outside LOL and the GRAY skys that for me make it very hard to see the heli's. Couple that with the wind chill factor I'll it felt like 55 degrees out! LMAO. But I finally caved in and flew two packs, one each on the 400 and 500. The groundskeeper was all over the palce staking gopher traps and did not want to buzz him so I packed it up. I have made friends with him and don't want to muddy those waters if you know what I mean.
Both heli's ran well and with no event. The breeze was at 2.5 mph per my new aneometer and when the cloud cover opened for about 10 min it jumped from 60 to 78! a real short time for a scorcher LOL.

Man you guys have been yacking it up today..........

PS: NICK THAT MOTOR LOOKS GREAT!
JPEE
Old 04-27-2009, 05:20 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you got to fly today. I was going to fly, but it was raining off and on, so I didn't want to chance it.

Thanks for the compliment on the motor. I am thinking it will have too low of a kV, so I hope I have a big enough pinion to use it. But since I am running 2400RPM's it shouldn't be that hard to get the motor spinning fast enough with a big pinion.

Nick
Old 04-27-2009, 07:40 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Nice job on the motors, and new test stand.

Cool that Scorpion makes motor kits and stuff to do motors with...sounds like a fun project for ya!

I just test flew the Gaui, and it seems fine, I just threw the stock V1 tail on it, and it was pretty close, had to back down the gyro a bit...

I don't know what's next for the Gaui, time will tell....LOL

JPEE,

Cool that you got a couple of packs in...I didn't bother trying today, too hot, and very windy, the wind today is like the wind on the video I posted with Rob flying the .90...very gusty...

Not too much going on here, got a lot of chores done around the house today, so they are out of the way...

Glenn
Old 04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got the kV of my motor and it is 2700. That is about 1700kV off from what I wanted, but I can get 2400RPM's with a 12T pinion, which I have. Then with a 14T I can use my governor. I don't know if I have a 14T, but I think I have a 13T. Now I am going to figure the efficiency and the current rating. These E-Sky motors are pretty cheap, so I might try some more out with less turns to get the kV up.

Good to hear your Gaui is flying good.

Nick
Old 04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
evdreamer

I got 6% better efficiency than the stock motor and that is the good news. The bad news is it is a 11A motor. I am averaging 19A right now, so it is kind of close. It should be fun to test fly with this motor tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Evan T.

I'm having like flash floods around here and it's supposed to be rainy like this till like Wednesday of next week but well see you never no what will happen
Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I couldn't wait to fly this thing! I quickly found out that the shaft size is the same for a 200-300 sized heli, so my 450 pinions wouldn't work on it. So the only pinion I had left was a Gaui one. The 15T didn't mesh well, so I had to use the 9T. To my suprise the heli actually hovered and had some power, but probably not enough to flip it. I was having a blast flying it in the dark with the flood lights on. It helped to have all the lights on my electronics to help guide it around my yard. It is pretty cool flying a heli with a motor I wound. It would probably work better in your lighter B400's than my heavy 450.

Nick
Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Awesome on your motor sucess!!

Glad you got to try it out, and it worked very well, from the sound of it!!

That is so cool!!

Well, I'm fed up with this Microheli tail....I tried putting the CF Gaui side plates on, but I didn't get that far...when I put the tail slider and shaft together, and was checking it out, I found that the slider binds very badly on the tailshaft, so bad, that you can't move the pitch slider arm by hand at all, much less with a servo.

It appears that the slider is worn, and it's cocking on the shaft, and binding from that. I am using a new shaft, and have checked everything. Now I'm wondering if that also had something to do with the loss of tail control...

Nick, I want to go with the V2 tail setup....getting ready to order it from Helidirect...

Can I use my existing blade grips and shaft?

I am thinking I need the tail gear case (203675), the slider set (203598), the links (203596), and this Microheli bell crank http://www.helidirect.com/microhelia...100-p-7874.hdx

Does that look right?

If so, I'm going to go that route....plus I can get parts if something breaks or wears out, unlike the MH tail...[>:][>:]

Glenn
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your MH tail. Yeah you can use your original blade grips and tail shaft. I could never get the V2 pitch slider to work freely, so I just used the V1 pitch slider that had the metal center and plastic links. Other than that it works pretty good and the quality is good.

That bell crank bends pretty easy when putting the links on, so hold it while putting the link on if it is already on the heli. If it is off the heli it should be easier to get the link on.

Nick
Old 04-28-2009, 12:25 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just placed an order with Helidirect, got all the V2 stuff, plus the Microheli CNC bellcrank along with it.

That is discouraging to hear you had problems with the V2 slider... I am wondering if that is why they are now offering a "hi performance" tail shaft? It looks like it's silver, instead of the black finish mine have on them...maybe there is more to that...

Mine was so strange, you could move the slider freely if you twisted the grips, but not with the bellcrank, it would get completely bound up, and not move, unless you "helped it" with the blade grips...

We'll see. I also got a new V2 yellow canopy...even though no one seems to know if it has anymore room, I had no replies at HF....so I guess I'll find out for myself...

Should be cool. I resisted the urge to go with the V2, I just don't think I can justify it, for my level of flying at the present time...mine flew so well the other night, I am happy as can be when it flys like that!

Glad your motor project turned out well....what's next on the project list?

Glenn
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah my grips wouldn't move easily with the V2 pitch slider and link combo, which caused a tail wag. Hope you have better luck with it. The hi performance tail shaft uses a stronger metal that doesn't bend as easily as the other version did. There were a lot of complaints on Helifreak about the other version.

I put my newest canopy next to my stock one and it seems a little bigger, but I don't know if I ordered the V2 or V1 canopy.

I don't know what is next on the project list.

Nick
Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
helicorpse

hi guys,

The spektrum dx7 came in just a little while ago... I went looking and already found the instructions for binding a ar6100 to the tx which were not included. I didn't realize the AR6100 reciever was that small. I guess I was expecting it to be like the one on my belt cp. I was wonderling where I was gonna stick one on the blade cp pro. Then in wondering about how it would work with the Blade cp pro I started wondering about power and found this 'All you have to do is connect the 3-in-1 inputs (one for main motor and another for the tail) to the AR6100. That's it. When you plug the 3-in-1 to the battery, it automatically supplies system voltage to the AR6100 of around 5v.' Is there anything that you guys can add or is that all there is to it? the hardware end... not getting in to tx setup or anything right now. Or am I way off track?

helicorpse
Peter
Old 04-28-2009, 12:25 PM
rotarydoc

Peter,

That is the basic place to start, yes. The wire marked "throttle" goes in the "thro" or "throttle" pins (note the polarity, it's marked on the AR6100, black wire is negative or "-") Then the "rudder" goes to the rudder pins, the same way.

Then, you will have to hook up your 3 cyclic servos, again, observing polarity...these can be bit trickier, as you have 3 of them to work with. The front servo is the elevator, so it goes to "elev" or "elevator"...the other two go in the other ports marked "aileron" and "aux"....but I can't remember which goes in which, and don't have time to check at the moment (lunch time)...

That should get you started. Then you'll have to get all the servos going in the right direction after that...

Glenn
Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the input on the slider, and the new tailshaft, and for checking the canopy.

I was stuck on whether to go with a V2 canopy, or a new one for the V1...not sure if the canopy mounts are in exactly the same places...maybe I should have stuck with the new V1, not sure...this stuff is so hard to figure out!

I wish Gaui would just make a V1 to V2 conversion kit, sure would save people alot of headache...[>:][>:] It would probably cost almost as much as a whole new V2, by the time you are done.

It's the same way with cars....if you were to add up the cost of all the parts in your car, individually, it would cost 10's of thousands of dollars to build it from parts. Like the RC industry, automakers make a LOT of their revenue on replacement mechanical and body parts...

Oh well, I'll cross my fingers, and we'll see what happens when the stuff gets here...lol

Glenn
Old 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

'All you have to do is connect the 3-in-1 inputs (one for main motor and another for the tail) to the AR6100.
If you hook the plugs from the motor into the AR6100 they will always be on. Those motor plugs need to stay in the same spot in the 3in1. The 3in1 has a circuit to step down the LiPo Voltage to 4.8V-5V. Then that supplies current to all the electronics through all the red and black wires on the servo connectors and other connectors like that. Then the yellow, white, or orange wires are for the signals.

Then Glenn explained how to hook the connectors up. It doesn't matter what back servo you put into AUX1 or AILE because you can get them going the right way through programming. I usually put the back left in AILE and back right in AUX1 looking from the rear.

Here is a picture where I put my AR6100.

Glenn,

For kicks I was wondering what it would cost to build a 700 from parts and it cost more than the kit with the motor.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61315.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1188469  
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I got my AMA card in the mail yesterday. I haven't even had time to read the info that came with it. The Gaui kept me busy all to long yesterday/last night!

When I was working at the LHS, I was amazed at the markup on the parts, we used to get boxloads of RC parts at at time from Horizon.

On the small parts, the markup is 100%...and not very much on the car kits...in fact, sometimes we would sell the kits at below cost, knowing we would make it back up in parts sales later on....

Hobby shops have to make a living too...

Glenn
Old 04-28-2009, 01:18 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got back from a 10min flight with my motor and there is still some juice left in my 2100mAh battery. I guess I didn't hear the beeper go off. I can't imagine what the flight times would be on the B400. It would make a good beginner motor for cruising around, but it likes to bog easily. I was able to get some funnels and fast forward and backward flights in, but the Scorpion is going back in.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.