Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Wow, sorry to hear about the bad start going back to the Gaui...[]

Hope you didn't break anything major in those two crashes...and hope you can figure the cause of them both...that's enough to make you want to put it back on the shelf for a bit...[]

Glad the 450 flight went well...maybe just an adjustment period since you've been flying the bigger helis for awhile now...and the Gaui will take some time to get used to again...

Cool on the TT, I'm sure you'll have that figured out in no time!

I just got my stuff for my Gaui today too....haven't opened it yet...I am actually thinking about flying here in a bit...it's overcast, and looks like it could rain any second, but hasn't yet...and it's about 65 or so...not bad, really.

Hope you have better luck with the Gaui when you give it another shot...

Glenn
Old 04-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Evan T.

Glenn

Yeah all you have to do is restore it or get the latest software update if there is one later than the one you jailbroke it on

I did it by myself it's pretty easy and only takes like 10 minutes if you have a good computer

Just go to YouTube or google and type in iPod touch 2.2.1 jailbreak and make sure that the iPod you want to do it with is updated to 2.2.1 before you do it
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, what is new over there?

Glenn, almost bought a guai v1 today it was a good deal just like yours was, but I had to pass on it again. I just can not support another heli money wise right now, and it sucks

It was a guai with carbon blades, carbon landing skids, It had 3 BMS-306BB cyclic servos and a Futaba S3154 tail servo, a telebee gyro, stock motor and esc, The guy said he would take $150 shipped for it, not sure if that is a good deal or not, but it sounded like a good one to me.

After I passed on my second gaui, I flew in the backyard again, was alittle windy but its all good

here is a few pictures of my honeybee fp
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30035.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1189804   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44664.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1189805  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Yeah, that sounds like a good deal, for sure...wonder what kinda shape it is in though? Never know. Guai's tend to get crashed/trashed alot...so it might have been rough...

My Gaui is my most crashed heli, EXCEPT for my original CPP....LOL[X(]

As you well know, there is nothing that takes a beating like an original CPP in the hands of a noob....LOL

Your HBFP looks nice! I went flying today with the CPP2's...but the wind came to my club field like a magnet...was calm as could be when I left, and I get to the field, and the flags are whippin' in the wind!! [>:][>:]

Evan,

Thanks! I'll look into that, sounds interesting, and pretty safe, since I can always go back...still won't try it on the 2nd gen though...LOL

Where do you find the apps, like your Vista one once you jailbreak it?

Nick,

As I was writing above, I think my club flying field is a wind magnet..LOL

It was soooo calm here, I was so excited....get to the field, and the flags are whipping and snapping in the wind...[X(][>:]

I flew the CPP2's anyways, but it wasn't much fun...

I went to 3 fields, all were taken, but not much wind...get home, and the flags are laying lame, against the flagpole...ARGGHHH!!

I am seriously wondering if it's an altitude thing, since I live in a very low lying area....and the field is on higher ground, I think. It's also next to Interstate 95, but I doubt the cars stir up that much wind...?

Glenn
Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 PM
HeliStyle

yeah, I was thinking the same with the gaui, it looked to be in great shape, but he said it needed a new boom and tail belt :/ one of the reasons why I didn't buy it

it was also very windy here, but I still flew 2 packs, then decided I am going to call it quits before I crash lol
Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

LOL, he's probably tired of replacing the boom and belt, I've had a couple of tail boom strikes, and it sucks to replace that belt, it's so TINY....and feeding it through the boom, and on the pulleys, etc...ARGGHHH[>:]

Yeah, the CPP2's weren't liking the wind too much down here, either...lol

I also quit while I was ahead...I have a waiting list of helis to be worked on now, as it is....didn't want to add another...[X(]

Glenn
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Evan T.

Glenn

Well when you jailbreak it it comes with two things called cydia and installer and that's where you get the stuff
Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Cool....I see...hmmm, I may have to check that out this weekend, I don't really use my 1st gen very often at all anymore, it would be kinda fun to experiment some...

Thanks again for the info!

Have you had a chance to do any flying?

Supposed to be rainy most of this weekend here...[]

Glenn

Old 04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Evan T.

Glenn yeah if you do it just tell me and I'll help you out.... No I haven't been flying, for some reason my brain keeps telling me that it's gonna be boring you know... I'm just not feeling the urge to fly like I used to but I guess once I do it again maybe I'll want to start again but idk
Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Thanks....we'll see, I just watched one video on YouTube, and it seems more complicated than I thought, apparently it's more involved or a newer thing on a 2nd gen...and with Vista, which I am using...I guess it depends on how bored I get this weekend...LOL, I'll let ya know, but I appreciate the offer... And I have no idea what some of the terminology is..."DFU", "teathered" , etc...LOL

I have fallen into that rut before...where I just don't feel motivated to fly the helis...but once I get out and actually do it....it comes right back for me, at least. Then, I can't seem to get enough of it..lol

Give it a shot one nice day, and see what happens!

I didn't know you were into the BMX stuff until you said something about bikes the other day....sounds cool...do you have a little track there that y'all ride or race on? I guess it's a bit muddy right about now...lol

Have a nice weekend, talk to ya....

Glenn
Old 04-30-2009, 11:10 PM
JPEE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPlLRAwm5O0[/youtube]Hey Guys,

Well it was a good day for this pilot. The LHS had the parts I needed to finish 403 for this weekends flying.

Then I took the 500 and 600 flying this afternoon. I did (2) packs in the 600 and (1) in the 500.
I have been playing with throttle curves and kicking them up from stock settings. I still have to check but I had the 600 at 40-60-80-100 but she just did not sound like it. I need to double check my DX7 to see if I was flying on the right throttle channel. That damn DX7 thing is like a computer you know. Meanwhile, the higher curves in the DX6i for the 500 are working fine! I did have one wag but I started from a low speed. I am getting close to trying idle up.

Nick, thanks for the info on the 1.6. I was buying a guys new AR6100e that he got with his DX6i recall gift like Evan.
Again thanks Nick as I am back reading your posts from today on the 1.2 and 1.6 rx’s
Oh Nick I am sorry to se what happened to the Gaui, dang that must be as frustrating as me last night when I thought I had rebuilt the 402 to spec. I spooled her up and the tracking was way off. So I set you make adjustments and then saw that the seesaw in the head was broken. Now I have to pull the fly-bar and that crap all over again. That’s what I got at the LHS today.

Glenn, I hope you got that flight in before the rain came tonight! Oh poo Glenn, I just read you got BLOWED OUT, dang-nabbit anyways.

I downloaded the wrong video earlier. I must ah been nappin or something. I’ll post that now. It is the 500 flight. I fly so far out and high there is not a whole lot to see to be honest!

JPEE
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnK1Yxa6B0[/youtube]
Old 04-30-2009, 11:10 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My Gaui seems fragile now instead of a tank like it used to be. I stripped the two crown gears and now I only have one left. I bent the MH mixing arm and some spindle screws. I am thinking about putting some CA on the links, so they don't pop out next time. I don't have much thread on the links, because of the needed lengths. I like the T-Rex 250 links that are one piece.

Cool to hear you got your Gaui parts.

Sorry to hear it was windy at your field. It seems like the weather will be decent tomorrow, so I am going to head up early to the field and fly some before the club meeting.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 AM
evdreamer

OOOOOOHHHH NOOOOOO. Now me and JPEE are posting at the same time.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:40 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you got the parts for the B400 and got to fly the 500 and 600 today.

Yeah it was a little frustrating going into a flip then not having any control after that. I rebuilt the Gaui for the third time today and I put a little CA on the links to prevent them coming off again. Then I put my TT together, but will wait another day to install it. I was watching Finless's videos on the 450 pro and saw he could pull the boom out of the boom clamp. So I tried and I could too, so I will have to pin it like Finless did.

I will watch your vids tomorrow, since I am kind of tired.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Finless is never wrong. PIN IT BABY!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 AM
HeliStyle

glenn, he said he was convertin it over to the sd conversion, which I would assume that he was tired of replacing the belt. :/

I passed on it, more good deals will come my way when I actually have enough money
Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It sounded like it was pretty windy in your vids and your weather looked great.

The weather is pretty good here and I got a couple of flights in with the Gaui. I finally figured out why I crashed trying to do a flip. It might be hard to believe, but the Gaui is too stable. I can't get the heli to angle at 45 degrees or more even with a very high headspeed, no flybar weights, and with the swashmix maxed out. When I do fast cyclic moves I can see the flybar over correct way too much, so the heli doesn't want to tip over. So I am going to take the flybar paddles off and see if that helps. Does that make it flybarless? I just don't know how it could be pretty responsive before my initial crash a few months ago to being extremely stable after my first rebuild.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Could be very interesting to fly without paddles? very interesting indeed.

Say I have a question for you. My friend asked me why we can't use the T-rex 450 type canopy mount on our Blade 400. I can only look at my 500 and 600 and see the canopy posts where the canopy pops on. I see the threaded rod in the middle and then you screw on the ears. Now to apply that to a 400 I would have to drill out that hole where my Cf rod comes through and make it larger to the T-Rex shaft size that goes through the body. Then I might have to put shims under the ear posts to suck up the extra threads that might be there. My frame thinkness there now is 23.31 mm. Any thoughts?

JPEE

Name:	Ca83035.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1190139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68566.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1190140  
Old 05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I flew without the paddles and did a flybarless setup on the Gaui and it was too hard to control even with 50% expo and 55% swashmix, so I gave up on it. It isn't any fun to fly when it is super responsive or unresponsive.

The width of my frame is 23.5mm, so it is very close to the B400. You would probably have to pull the frame apart to tighten the screws on the inside of the frame for the mounts. My 450 just uses a 2mm screw and that goes through the frame into the canopy mount. It is a lot like the 600 mounts, since I think your 500 is a little different on how you tighten them? You could probably try it on your spare B400 and see how it goes.

I just pinned the TT and I am getting ready to install it in the heli. So hopefully in 30min to a hour I will be able to fly it.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
evdreamer

I just finished the TT up and I am going to get a test flight in soon. It is much smoother than the belt and has the cool factor. It is a bit tail heavy and it doesn't help that I had to move my tail servo back.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks for the information. Good luck on TT pinning. I just test hover and worked hard the my tracking on 402 and she done. Now we have rain expected for tonight and tomorrow so I dont know what will happen here.

JPEE
Old 05-01-2009, 03:07 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Here is the finished product.

Hope there is a break in the rain, so you can fly a little bit today and tomorrow.

Nick

Name:	Wu61783.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1190202   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23743.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1190203  
Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Here is the finished product.

Hope there is a break in the rain, so you can fly a little bit today and tomorrow.

Nick
Nick, that is one little bugger isn't it. I does look very cool. Hope she flies like a dream.

JPEE
Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah it flies pretty good, but it is a little louder in the air. But I didn't like the belt on the 450, so I am glad that it is now a TT.

I just finished fixing the Gaui again and I am going to do a test flight and see if things have changed.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 PM
evdreamer

I'm an official member of my club now. I flew 2 packs in the 450 and 2 in the 600 before the club meeting, which was a lot of fun compared to my backyard. I thought I wouldn't have enough room to fly my 600 there, but there was plenty of space. Then I went to the meeting and got to hear everyone's jokes and had a good time. Then after the meeting I did a night flight and all I could see was the runway and the lights on my heli. I did some inverted flight and figure 8's, but didn't push it, since I had a hard time seeing. Then my indoor fun fly is this Sunday, so I am going to have a good weekend except working tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.