Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Nick,

I would trade tomorrow for the great fun you had tonight! Good for you A MEMBER ARE YA! HOORAH[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Tonight I took a PC power station and for a tower and made a 12vt power supply. I am not done and had a glitch. It will give me the 12 vts and run a small charger. But to test it right I put a 5000 ma on there and the starts but then says low voltage. So I dont think I ma hooked right to get my full 20 amps as listed on the case. If it rains tomorrow and it is now then I 'll tinker with it again.

Smiles JPEE
Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It sounds like you have a pretty good power supply. Have fun getting it to put 5A out.

Nick
Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

The outside of the box says 19 amps. You dont think I can get it?

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92048.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1190482  
Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
J-MICHAEL

I see the CPP2 is almost available for the bind and fly version for only $169.00. Cool ! Once my LHS gets them in stock you can't beat the price for a fun heli... We need some video updates of the CPP2 Glenn ! [8D]

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ucts_id/141134

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-02-2009, 12:26 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I didn't realize your power supply had more than one hookup and different Voltage ratings. I was thinking it just had one hookup and was pulling too much current and then dropping more Voltage.

Jeff,

Good to see you are still snooping around RCU. I am assuming you are still really busy with work? Have you had time to fly at all lately?

Nick

Old 05-02-2009, 06:38 PM
theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

I see the CPP2 is almost available for the bind and fly version for only $169.00. Cool ! Once my LHS gets them in stock you can't beat the price for a fun heli... We need some video updates of the CPP2 Glenn ! [8D]

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ucts_id/141134

Cheers,

~ Jeff
I would beat the living snot out of that chopper with no regard for it's parts

Blessings!

Jay
Old 05-02-2009, 07:26 PM
JPEE

JPEE
Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Wow, I am WAY behind!! Gotta catch up real quick..

JPEE,

Nice vids of the 500, you're right, it's so far out there, you can't see too much...seems to be the problem with doing video on RC aircraft, I had the same issue trying to tape Rob...

How is that PC power supply coming along? I see you have a nice one there, Antec makes good stuff, I have one in this PC, and it's great...

Nick,

Sorry to hear about all the initial issues with the Gaui, with the links, and strange response changing issues...seems weird that it would change like that...

I saw you write about the T-rex 250 one piece links? What is that all about, I didn't catch that on Rob's when I was looking at it...?

The TT looks awesome....so, it's a bit louder...I would guess that's from the geartrain, straight cut gears like that tend to be noisey. I don't know what a shaft driven Gaui sounds like, or a belt driven 500....hmmmm. I guess you get really tuned in to the way your heli normally sounds, and then when you change something like that, it's really noticiable...

Sorry to hear that your 450 is now a bit tail heavy...wonder what if anything they did about that on the V3??

Congrats on being a club member now, and gettting a chance to fly at your club field! Sounds like you had a lot of fun, both flying, and the meeting. I think my first meeing is this Friday night, at the field.

I finally got my letter from the club, with the lock combination, and some other little info too...my cards as well, which we are supposed to wear, but no one does...[X(]

Heli,

Too bad on the other Gaui, but like you said, there will be others down the road too....who knows, maybe by the time you are ready, I'll be more ready to go with the V2 by then...

Jeff!!

How are ya?

Nice find on the CPP2, PNP!!

Nice price, not great, but nice...saves a bit for batteries! Can't hardly go wrong with that deal!!

After today, I can say you REALLY want one of these!!!!!

Which brings me to...

My day!

What a day!

I decided after I fixed the B400 to brush up on my backflips, since it's been forever since I have done any, or even practiced them on the sim much...

I rolled the dice, and went to my big field....and it was open and no one home...LOL

As much as I like joining the club...I STILL love this field...and will continue to use it when I can...maybe....see below...LOL

Anyways, it was backflip time...and I'll tell ya, once you learn something, it comes right back to you...had no problems at all.....and in fact, was getting some really nice "hang time" at the top, with the neg pitch....hmmm...not far from just keeping it there, inverted...maybe next time!!

So, I took the CPP2 #2 out for a whirl, and a shot at backflipping it...[X(]

Man, NO SWEAT!! It does beautiful backflips, and with ease!! I think the extra punch of the Outrage 25C's helps some...effortless!! I can do them at will now...!!

I got all done with that, flew two more packs in the B400, and concentrated on harder stuff...stuff that gives me problems. I have gotten over the "silly season" of the joy of flying again, now it's time to concentrate on stuff that's NOT so much fun, and is hard to do...for me at least.

I managed about 6 figure 8's in the opposite direction that I feel comfortable with....they were not pretty, but not as bad as they used to look...helps when you can do them FAR AWAY...LOL I also practiced flying far away, more like I have to do at the club field, which I don't like...[]

Anyways, I went back home, and got the 500 out...took it back up to the field, and flew it for one pack...was walking back to the car, and a white truck was there, a City of Bowie truck, marked "Park Ranger" Uh OH...

To make a long story short, the guy was SUPER nice, told me that it's against city rules for any RC aircraft or vehicles to be used in the park, even cars, boats, etc.

I mentioned that it wasn't on the sign, and he acknowledged that too...but said it was in the code...but, basically he just asked/told me to leave, that he didn't really care, but it is against the rules....

I said I was glad it wasn't another guy that might give me a hard time, and he said most likely I'd just be asked to leave...so that wasn't bad at all....really nice guy, was wanting to see it fly...but it was time for him to close the gates..

I'm charging a mountain of battery packs....using the new 150W Turnigy, and the adapter for two 3S packs...so far, so good!!

Whew, that's all for now!!

Be back later!!

Glenn

Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 PM
empty_space

Wow Glenn, can you write any more? Can someone write a short summary about what his post is about? I don't have time to read a novel lol.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:32 PM
rotarydoc

empty,

Oh yeah, forgot you hate to READ!

LOL

Glenn
Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I think the new V2 canopy is going to work pretty well...it seems to only need a bit of trimming at the bottom, where the hooks go...just a bit though...it does go on as is...but is tight.

I love the shape, nice and thin, doesn't have that bloated look that the V1 canopy has...[>:]

I'll have to see what I can do with it....still needs decals...

Glenn

Name:	Hf99469.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1190835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15025.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1190836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94725.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1190837  
Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Jeffery, your a PEEPER and we miss over here. Hope you well.

Glenn,

Looks like your good days are hear. The canopy looks great and I am sure the new tail is the same. I'll bet you took no video of those flips, I wished you had. To bad on Smoky the Bear burning your fly zone. If you need money for smokes if they jail you send me an email LOL.

Did not have time to play with the power supply today, perhaps during the week. My buddy and I did some flying and then went to the Fly Park as he had not been there yet. You all know what goes on there so he was pleased to see everything in the air. There was a guy there that had a Jet that had at least a 6 ft wing span. When he flew they gounded everyone else as he needed the space forsure. There were two youngsters (14-18) flying 90's or larger and Nick, you would have been impressed. These to HOTTIES flew the living crap out of those helis. I have never "live" seen this type of act. They were just flat out GREAT.
Thats all from me, my pictures and video above tell you how my entire day when!

JPEEl
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your crash. You didn't get a gut feeling that you should call it a day once you crashed the first B400. Sorry I just had to do that. I have done the same thing with the Gaui and 450 in the same day before.

Glenn,

Did you get a time out from RCU after typing that?

I still don't know why my Gaui is so stable. It feels too much like a CX. Maybe the dampners are different than the originals I had in my other head assembly. I know I could move my spindle up and down a lot, but other than that I am stumped after trying to quicken up the cyclic every way I know how.

The links from the mixing arms to the grips and the ones from the washout arms to the flybar cage are all one piece on the 250. Then the ones from the servos to the swashplate and the ones from the swashplate to the mixing arms are adjustable. The new 450 pro is just like that too.

The shaft drive on the Gaui is louder. Yeah the rear case on the 450 is bigger than the stock one, which could be why it is tail heavy. On the 450 pro I think having the servo in the frame helps out a lot with the balance and how the battery is mounted.

Congrats on the backflips. It is fun to try new things after doing the same stuff over and over. I am also working on my hard to do inverted figure 8's and circles.

I think it is also against my city rules to fly in parks, but I fly out in the distance away from people and none of the ground keepers have told me to leave. But now that I can fly out in my flying field I will be there more, since I can charge my batteries there and keep flying all day if I want.

Good to hear your V2 canopy is working out great.

Nick

Old 05-02-2009, 11:58 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I forgot to say that is cool you also saw a jet today. I assume it had a turbine. Those are so cool when they are running.

That is cool that you saw some 90's doing 3D I assume. No video? I really want to fly some of my club member's Nitros. So far I just have flown a couple of peoples 450's.

I got invited to fly at another event next Saturday. I hear there is going to be a real heli there, so I will be drooling all over that.

Nick
Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 AM
J-MICHAEL

Hey Guys,

Jeffery, your a PEEPER and we miss over here. Hope you well.
Lol.... Just been busy. But still browse and keep up with the few threads here on RCU. I did fly my 450 the other day but only in my yard, but it was still funner than a mother ! Still think about the heli's everyday and the addiction is still as strong as always. Thinking about getting a CPP2, but dunno for sure... Kinda been attracted to getting that Airwolf fuse for the 500. And I need that Scorpion motor for the 450 also... Oh it never ends.... [8D]

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Good to hear you got to fly the 450.

Nick
Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I didn't get timed out on that post....lol I made SURE to save it to copy before I posted it...lol

Man, I just did get done with the V2 tailbox....[>:][>:]

I had a heck of a time with the links, they don't come with the spacers between the link and the blade grip, so that the blade grips can "fling out" all the way off of the hub.

I found a post on HF about converting a V1 to V2 tail, and they used the tiny brass shims, which I had orderd some of, from reading that earlier...I have about 4 spacers on each side, and I think I got it now...the tail belcrank and slider is very smooth...so I must have done something right..LOL

It's tons better than the worn out MH tail was, that is for sure...

Thanks on the backflips....some day before long, I'm gonna try to hold it at the top, and do a bit of high up inverted flight...we'll see...

The ranger guy was real nice about it...he said he was sorry he got there late, and missed seeing the 500 fly...I thought about flying it for him, but he was ready to lock up the place...[X(]

Now all I should have to do is mount the tailbox, and set up the linkage. I want to get the CF tail boom soon, when it becomes available again...

Glenn
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

It looks like the CF tail pushrod is available now (I said CF tailboom, it's been a long day...lol) from Infinity hobby, that you sent a link for the other day...so I may get that soon...

Here's a pic of what I ended up with....the screws are way too long, they are actually the tail blade screws from the MH tail...I'll try to find something shorter later on...

I'm done for the night, going to bed!

Glenn

Name:	Pn35427.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1191034  
Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Glad to see you're still hanin' out, even though you don't have time to post...

We're all still here (Carl??) and miss ya!

Glad you got the 450 and knocked the cobwebs out of it...

Hope your workload gets managable soon, so you can fly and visit us more often!

I'll try to get some vids of the CPP2 and what not soon!

Take care!

Glenn
Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't use those brass shims when I had mine, so that might have been my problem. Good find on that thread.

I will be interested to see how the CF pushrod works out if you get it.

Nick
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Jeff,

Glad to see you're still hanin' out, even though you don't have time to post...

We're all still here (Carl??) and miss ya!

Glad you got the 450 and knocked the cobwebs out of it...

Hope your workload gets managable soon, so you can fly and visit us more often!

I'll try to get some vids of the CPP2 and what not soon!

Take care!

Glenn

Glenn ~

I was just thinking the other day that I wish you would post a few more CPP2 videos since I've been eyeing them harder lately... But you know how easy it is to get distracted onto something else. LMAO...

Nick ~

Cool on the TT kit for the 450 ! [8D] It makes sense it would be a little tail heavy more than the belt kit as I remember weighing my 500's belt components versus the TT kit components and the TT kit was much heavier. But so worth it still in my mind... I've been looking hard also at the new Trex 450 Pro, and just swapping my electronics from my tired 450 to that.

JPEE ~

I saw your last videos of the 500 and 600 and you fly them very well... Keep posting em'...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I ended up re-doing the whole thing. It was smooth as butter last night, but when I checked it this morning, it was sticking some...I used to much loctite, which isn't hard to do on stuff that small, and I also think I had one too many shims on each side, so I took one out of each, cleaned everything up, and reassembled with just a tad of loctite in the screw holes, instead of on the screw threads, like I saw Finless doing...

The slider is smooth as glass now, got it all setup, should be ready for a test flight when the weather breaks....like Wednesday...lol. Maybe a short test in the shop...

I still need to fit the canopy better, it needs just a bit of trimming.

I am about to order the CF pushrod, and some other stuff. I would like to get the CNC guides with it, but I don't know if the guides will fit the CF pushrod or not

Did you upgrade your boom mount to the CNC one? My plastic ones are all stripped out, and the CNC would be nice...

I just checked the CG, and it's very close, even without the canopy on....the stock V2 tailbox must be lighter than the MH one....supposedly, the MH one has 14 bearings in it... I have only ever been able to count 12...but those bearings add up in weight...

Have you noticed that Guai is following Align with the little special washers on the screws now, the same type like on our Trex's? They even offer sets of them on the Infinity site...and I noticed them on the V2 tail box, and my new "D" style fin set...

I like that site, thanks for the link....I think they have THE largest selection of Gaui 200 parts of anyone, by far. I have seen some stuff I've never seen before, and lots of new stuff!

I also might get an RC screws kit for the B400....I really liked the ones for the 500, and some of the screws are getting a little rough on the B400...been apart a few times....lol

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 12:01 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You don't need the pushrod guides with a CF pushrod. The guides are only needed on the metal pushrods.

Do you have a link to the boom mount? I think I know what you are talking about, but mine are both metal on the V1 and V2 frames. I am thinking about the part that clamps on the boom and is attached to the frame.

Yeah I thought the washers looked too much like the Align ones.

Yeah I have noticed that Infiniti has new stuff for the Gaui that no one else has.

When I went to my indoor fun fly it was like a ghost town, since the weather was pretty good outside. There was 4 people there.

I hate using DOS. I was trying to do a simple homework problem in DOS and finally got it to work after 3 hours of trying.[]

Nick
Old 05-04-2009, 01:21 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the CF pushrod seems too big for the guides anyways...so I didn't order them.

When I was checking my CG, I accidentally picked up a 3S pack....LOL, so I'm still in the same boat...I ordered the V2 battery mount, so I think I can use that to get the battery to fit better, but I'll have to move my electronics around some.

Here is the boom mount... I didn't go with it for the CG reason, plus I have about 4 spare plastic ones that I could use first...

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=3859

I didn't realize that Infinity was in China...the shipping was expensive, like Hobby City is...but, they have stuff I could not get anywhere else, I got some other stuff as well, have to fill you in tomorrow, too late now...

I also ordered stainless steel screws for the B400...I almost REALLY messed up and ordered them for the Gaui...but those screws are so tiny, that the only thing that makes it possible at times to handle them is a magnetized screwdriver...and stainless is not a ferrous metal...or at least it is very low in ferrous metal...the screws don't stick to magnetized screwdrivers....found that out on the 500 motor screws...kinda made it a PITA to change pinions...

Sorry your indoor fun fly was lame...I needed one here, rain all day long...never did hear back from Rob on that gym...

I ordered some stuff from Helidirect too...some of those cool Align "preparation towels" ...LOL... I think Jeff has one...just a fancy towel to lay down to work on your helis...they are cheap, so why not?

I got both styles of battery mounting plates, one is CF, and the other is CNC, was not sure what the difference is. I am hoping that it will cure most of the tail heaviness, it looks like it will get the battery further forward than I have it now, plus, I'll be mounting the gyro closer to the main shaft, which is always a good thing...

LOL on DOS....I grew up with it...and remember it well....DISK COPY, DISK COMP, DIR, CLS, ATTRIB, FORMAT, PATH, MAKEDIR, etc, etc....[>:]

I have an old (hopefully collectible some day) IBM PC sitting right next to me...from 1981...with DOS. It has no hard drive, only 2 huge 5 1/4 inch floppy drives...the memory is 256K...or KILOBYTES...LOL, not even one MEGABYTE...and no CMOS, no battery, you have to enter the time and date manually every time you start it up...lol

The thing cost about $3500 when it was new...[X(][X(] It still works like a champ!

Gotta go, it's late!

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That V2 battery mount should help out a lot. I was wondering how that CF mount would work out and now you will get to test it.

My V1 had a metal version of that, but used 4 screws to secure the boom and my V2 came with that mount. I sure like the V2 version of it, since it is a lot quicker and easier to take the boom out. That is a life safer for replacing crown gears.

Cool to hear you are getting some more SS screws.

Sorry you can't fly indoors yet, besides the little co-axials.

Cool to hear your old computer still works.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.