Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

I am hoping that the V2 battery mount will solve alot of issues, mainly the tail heavy CG...I will have two mounts to play with, not sure what the difference is, but I guess I'll find out...

Cool that yours came with some sort of metal boom mount...mine are just plastic, but they do the job, until they wear out, like mine are getting. I still may get that mount sometime...looks like a whole lot better design. I'll bet it does help with the TT gear replacement...

I noticed that they have an awesome price on the V2 belt kit...like $204! Wow! That would have made me think harder before I got all this for my V1...

I found this on the site too, and ordered one, for the heck of it...I am thinking/wondering if these are the spacers for the V2 tail that I used the shims for?

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=3406

I guess I'll see when they get here...

I'll be curious to see the SS screws for the B400, since it uses alot of phillips screws, wonder if they will all be hex/allen screws?

Should be fun!

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is a pretty good deal on the Gaui.

I didn't even see or know about those spacers, so they could be the same things.

That would be cool if they used allen head screws, since they are easier to work with in my opinion.

Nick
Old 05-04-2009, 04:10 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that price is pretty amazing, consiering what we paid for ours...and how much better the V2 is...[X(]

I'm thinking that those are exactly what I needed, but no one else even lists them...this place is great for Gaui stuff...I think they are located in Taiwan, so they are very close to the Gaui factory I would guess...

I am hoping for allen head screws on the SS set, I agree, much better to work with, esp. considering that the phillips are not really phillips, but JIS, and most traditional screwdrivers don't work as well in them..

Jeff...I just HAD to get a couple of those Align/Trex "preperation towels"...LOL

http://www.helidirect.com/align-heli...wel-p-1075.hdx

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I read that you ordered a few of those Align towels a page back or so....Cool ! Lol.... I like them. I have 2 I got at the LHS in Cali for $5.00 a piece so like you said, ya can't beat that. 1 for show, and 1 for the dirty stuff.... BTW... Congrats on the flips with the CPP2 ! I must have missed that post as I went back and read some today here... I sure wanted one, but then I get distracted with other goodies and such... The reason why I was thinking of you last week and waiting for some new CPP2 vids to help keep me locked in and interested in it. [8D]

Anyhoo, chat later with ya all,

~ Jeff
Old 05-04-2009, 05:59 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

It was a pretty good day for me. I had a good fly day and spent some money to boot. I flew three packs this morning at the open construction area. The first pack was to get my thumbs warmed up. The scond pack I got into it and did numberous flips, and loops. Most of it you cant see as I was way up there. And after Saturdays crash, this time I wanted altitude. I put some notes on the video to let you get ready and look real hard to see the stunts, what you can't see you can clearly hear in the wine of the motor. After the flips and such I needed to walk off some adrenaline and then I flew pack three hard but just circutes.

My gift to myself was a HELI-ARTIST Bell 500 scale body for my T-Rex 500.

JEFF, I know you want the Airwolf Body and I looked and that too. But I guess Yellow just drew me in. I also thought I could get and AW for the 600 too a bit later ! ! !

Here is the You Tube video of my flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8e2Aw5l2J4

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54279.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1192365  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks, the backflips were fun, and I didn't even really know I was going to try them, just kinda did them after I did some with the B400...

I'll have to practice some more, and take some vids...if I don't get chased out by the Park Ranger! LOL!

The greatest thing about the CPP2 (and the Gaui) is that you can do that stuff almost anywhere, so even if I can't do them at the big field, I can find a place...I'm going to see if I can get some a little lower, they would come out better on video then..

I was having a blast with it at the field, and even at my club's little mini-heli field behind the main flight line...just enough room there to have some fun with it...it's really an amazing little heli to fly around....lol, I had no problems getting Rob to fly it, he's pretty impressed, having owned an original CP way back...so you know if a guy that's been flying for 16 years likes it, it's got to be pretty decent!

Now, I just have to get the courage to backflip the Gaui...[X(]

That is a little scarier...fixing a CPP is like a piece of cake...but the Gaui is a bit more involved...lol [>:] Besides, I have to enjoy it after the major tail rebuild/upgrade, before I crash it...[X(]

Can't wait for my towels...lol

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

At first I thought that fuselage was for the B400, but then I saw you wrote it was for the 500!!

Congrats on the flips, loops, and new fuselage. Are you going to ditch the flybar?

Nick
Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just got done with the prototype CPP2 battery tray extension...it's not too elaborate, but it works, so far..

The one drawback that Eflite didn't really address is the tail heavy CG on the CPP2, due to the new fins, larger motor, tail blade collar, etc. hanging off the back of the tailboom...so it's really tail heavy in stock form...

Enough that the battery needs to be mounted pretty far forward, much more so than the CPP battery tray was ever designed for...[]

Not to mention, the kinda bogus rubber bands...LOL

So, here is version 1 of my battery tray extension, we'll see how it goes. The CG is perfect with the battery mounted here....

I may extend the next one, that I'll make for CPP2 #1 (this is #2)...it could be a tad bit longer...[&o]

We'll see....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82262.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1192390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91809.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1192391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75636.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1192392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp40476.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1192393  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Guys,

It was a pretty good day for me. I had a good fly day and spent some money to boot. I flew three packs this morning at the open construction area. The first pack was to get my thumbs warmed up. The scond pack I got into it and did numberous flips, and loops. Most of it you cant see as I was way up there. And after Saturdays crash, this time I wanted altitude. I put some notes on the video to let you get ready and look real hard to see the stunts, what you can't see you can clearly hear in the wine of the motor. After the flips and such I needed to walk off some adrenaline and then I flew pack three hard but just circutes.

JEFF, I know you want the Airwolf Body and I looked and that too. But I guess Yellow just drew me in. I also thought I could get and AW for the 600 too a bit later ! ! !

JPEE

JPEE ~

VERY COOL on the Hughes fuse !!!!!!!!!!! Funny..... I've been looking hard the last few days also for a fuse for the 500... Lol... Can't wait to see videos of that ! Now she'll look and fly like a real heli. JPEE, the fuses on these 500 and 600's make the heli look so much bigger ! I'll still fly my 500 like I stole it also...LMAO... I'll try and swing a Scorpion motor and Castle esc powered by Outrage 6-cell packs if I do to help take the load of the extra 600-800 grams depending on which brand fuse I go with (Align or Heliartist)... If I even go that route.I may just get another smaller heli.

Glenn ~

I wondered about the CPP2 being tail heavy from the beginning. You remember me saying the first thing I'll do is rip the H-fin off... LMAO...

Nick ~

What ya gonna tinker with now ?! [8D] A time machine....?!... You need something more challenging ya know....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Guys,

JPEE

JPEE ~

VERY COOL on the Hughes fuse !!!!!!!!!!! Funny..... I've been looking hard the last few days also for a fuse for the 500... Lol... Can't wait to see videos of that ! Now she'll look and fly like a real heli. JPEE, the fuses on these 500 and 600's make the heli look so much bigger ! I'll still fly my 500 like I stole it also...LMAO... I'll try and swing a Scorpion motor and Castle esc powered by Outrage 6-cell packs if I do to help take the load of the extra 600-800 grams depending on which brand fuse I go with (Align or Heliartist)... If I even go that route.I may just get another smaller heli.

Glenn ~

I wondered about the CPP2 being tail heavy from the beginning. You remember me saying the first thing I'll do is rip the H-fin off... LMAO...

Nick ~

What ya gonna tinker with now ?! [8D] A time machine....?!... You need something more challenging ya know....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Hey Guys,

Glenn that new battery tray looks "very and clean"

Nick, no I will stay with the flybar, I dont have the knowledge where-withall to pull that off.

Jeff, here are the states on the fuse
Body length:415mm
Body width:95mm
Body high:162mm
Weight :139g
Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

damm glenn I didn't know you where doing flips and loops with the cp pro 2

I would really love to fly a cp pro 2, wanna see the difference

when you are doing loops and such do you have to be in idle up mode :/
Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks...I hope it works as well as it looks...lol, time will tell..

Cool on the fuselage!! That will sure look cool flying around!! Nice and yellow too!

I wonder how much hassle the battery changing and what not will be? Any idea? That would be my only concern (besides crashing[X(])...

Jeff,

Man, I need those towels...look at how tacky the CPP2 looks sitting on paper towels....LMAO!

Yeah, the H-fin is dead weight, but it does look neat...

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
HeliStyle

glenn I also see horizon hobby has all the cp pro 2 parts in stock now

Old 05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

So its not the fiberglass one then ? The weight you listed was 139 grams so I figured you went with the lighter plastic HeliArtist version... Take lots of pics through the build of it for us. That thing is going to look so sweet !

~ Jeff
Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Hey! No loops yet with the CPP2...but not long...did do quite a few backflips, in place...it really likes them too!! My timing still needs a little work, but it'll get better with practice...it was cool, no sweat, not even a close call...loops before long though!

It is a very, very fun little heli to fly, mainly because there isn't nearly the fear factor of a crash, rebuilds are pretty easy and cheap... I did manage some light stall turns too, which went real well also...

Cool on Horizon stocking the parts, maybe they heard us complaining on the forums! I'll check that out, thanks for the info!

Deff have to use the idle up, yes...and the Outrage 25C packs really help, the thing has gobs of power...lack of power is NOT an issue! That is a nice little motor in there, although it seems to generate quite a bit of heat...we'll see how long it lasts...but they are cheap, what, like $13 or so??

You NEED one of these...prob more fun than a Gaui, less stress over crashing/rebuilding it...

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

When did you check the parts?

Looks like they are all on backorder again!![X(]

Wonder if they sold out that quickly??

Hmmmm, only thing I found was the main motor (which is $15 BTW)...

But, it does not say when they will be released, like before when it said late May...

I don't know what's up with all that??!!

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Before I forget, I found another TREASURE at Harbor Freight....check this out...sure beats buying straps individually!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...6215&Submit=Go

Can't beat it!!

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
HeliStyle

lol wow

maybe I just didn't see the back order thing, because i clicked on the part, maybe i made a mistake because it didn't say late may :/
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

It's all good....but you had me going there for a minute!

Who knows with Horizon?

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Crap, the prop adapter, and the tail motor mount say late JUNE...

ARRGGHHH!!

Hmmmm, it could be mid summer at this rate!!

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
HeliStyle

i just don't understand why these release a heli with no product support, my shop still has two prop adapters left
Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That little piece of wood should help add some extra weight in the front. Good idea.

I need one of those velcro strips for my 600 battery. Right now I have two of them attached to each other just to go around the battery.

Jeff,

I don't know what I am going to tinker with next.

Nick
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Here's a few pics I had saved from a feller over on the Trex forum here with his Trex 500 and the Hughes Fuselage... I thought I'd post them here for ya to drool over in anticipation of yours arriving. [8D][8D] I think his was the fiberglass version, but not sure. He does photography, so that's why you see the large skids on his 500 below. I never thought about going plastic... It sure would relieve a lot of weight huh ? Maybe the Airwolf fuselage (fiberglass) is heavy because of the retracts and lighting kit or something.

Glenn ~

Cool link at Harbor Freight of that 35 ft roll of velcro ! Hek....... We could velcro JPEE's house with that ! Good find though.......

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I agree...it doesn't seem fair to the people that already have the helis...

I'm sure they will upset alot of people like that...

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 08:45 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the CG is good on the CPP2 like that...and the weight of the wood can't hurt anything either!

Did you see the roll of velcro that I posted from HF Tools? That thing is 35 FEET LONG...LOL...plenty to go around any battery pack (s)...

Did you get to fly today?

Rain here. All week. So they say. []

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.