Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

I love toward the end when the Stryker comes barreling down to deck level and cuts that other RC plane right in half !...Looks like it didn't even phase the Stryker one bit....Predator and prey right there. I thought of you and Jay with those F-16's, and Lookyj with his Stryker....Guys are getting them Strykers up to 120-135 mph's....Crazy there !
I noted the de-capitation of the bi-wing. The look on the owners face was PRICELESS as he put his arms out in disgust. As stock, the Phase 3 F-16 is rated at 86mph....man, that's plenty fast enough for me (about 2x as fast as anything I've flown to date). The Phase 3 does have a more forgiving hand launch personality than the GP's L-39, that's why I chose it besides the F-16 "COOLNESS" factor.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

Gary ~

Well......If the wind keeps blowin' in Kansas, ya might have to follow the yellow brick road to the LHS and get ya that 600...! Oh.....And say 'hi' to Dorothy for me, would ya ?!

Take care ol' friend,

~ Jeff
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Oh my........You guys have got to check this out http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7910840/tm.htm Aluminum Blades for a Rex being manufactured...?! YIKES...!...Lol...If China isn't trying to kill us with lead poisoining, there sure gonna with these suckers !
Old 09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
crashcrash

Oh my........You guys have got to check this out http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7910840/tm.htm Aluminum Blades for a Rex being manufactured...?! YIKES...!...Lol...If China isn't trying to kill us with lead poisoining, there sure gonna with these suckers !
These are most likely aluminum skin over a honeycomb composite with fiberglass bonding. I doubt they're solid aluminum, that would make them high speed lawnmower blades (LMAO). They will have less tendancy to fray like carbon fiber at the slightest impact, but I know they'll still break. I doubt weight will be an issue, and they wouldn't be any better or worse than "Plasti-Blades" or the "X-Treme's". Like the afore mentioned.....they'll rip the rotorhead to shreads if you hit something though. Ever seen a cross cut section of a blade off a CH-53 or a UHN-1 E (I have).....gotta be about the same technology, just micro sized.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM
theradioflyer

Here's what would happen if Crash, Lookyj, and Jay got together...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJH26...eature=related
How cool would that be. I'm up for it anytime, just a walk in the park[8D]. The Tensor getting ripped in half was awesome. The pilots reaction was great

Blessings!

Jay
Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 PM
goldslinger

Hey, Jeff.

on the balance. . . Take till Christmas; I don't care.

Man those Strykers look like fun. I would want it to be RTF for Me though, as I'm a heli guy. Something to do while the heli batts are charging or something.

What was that at the end, was it a witch on a broomstick?

That Guy with the Paper mache bi-plane; just stood there in disbelief for a few seconds, then just walked away. Didn't even check on his bird !

p.s. I might have My Wife talked into a 500; are they too big for front yard flying?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: goldslinger

Hey, Jeff.

on the balance. . . Take till Christmas; I don't care.

Man those Strykers look like fun. I would want it to be RTF for Me though, as I'm a heli guy. Something to do while the heli batts are charging or something.

What was that at the end, was it a witch on a broomstick?

That Guy with the Paper mache bi-plane; just stood there in disbelief for a few seconds, then just walked away. Didn't even check on his bird !

p.s. I might have My Wife talked into a 500; are they too big for front yard flying?

Gary ~

Until Christmas ?! Are you kidding...?! Know way....Lol.. I'am not installing it until its paid for. Expect it probally in 4-5 days my friend. I do hope ya got the first one...? The Stryker F27C is brushless and RTF ! They look fun, and I'am beginning to think maybe not as hard to fly as I had originally thought.......

I was wondering also what that little thing at the end was ! It looked like something from the Twilight Zone or something....

Yeah, the poor soul's face, and expressions were priceless. But hey........What are friends for ?

I was tempted at one time for the Trex 500, but still being new and all I wasn't really sure. I say go for it, just keep it away from your swimming pool in the back, I heard they have a problem swimmimg.....

Good to see ya around some more. Stick around for a change ! I've been reading on the forum of a few guys buying your flybar from USHOBBYSUPPLY, and there jumping up and down with excitement from the performance/stability it now gives em'....That's great ! It's crazy cause I remember when ya were tinkering with them back in our experimental days....Congrats...

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 PM
theradioflyer

Wow, BOB's are headed for 300 pages! I feel very blessed to be a part of such a knowledgeable group of friends.

I think the glitch is gone and it took getting rid of all three E-sky digitals on the swash. The only one left is on the tail. When I replaced the elevator it did it less. I replaced the right side from tail, even less. I replaced the left and final swah and it seems to have gone away. One flight last night and 2 flight this afternoon that included hard FFF with loops and all. I remembered to hit the idle up this time. I hope to get the wife out to shoot some video soon. The hard hat cam is to distracting for me.

Wheeeeeeee..........BOB's!

Blessings!

Jay
Old 09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Wow, BOB's are headed for 300 pages! I feel very blessed to be a part of such a knowledgeable group of friends.

I think the glitch is gone and it took getting rid of all three E-sky digitals on the swash. The only one left is on the tail. When I replaced the elevator it did it less. I replaced the right side from tail, even less. I replaced the left and final swah and it seems to have gone away. One flight last night and 2 flight this afternoon that included hard FFF with loops and all. I remembered to hit the idle up this time. I hope to get the wife out to shoot some video soon. The hard hat cam is to distracting for me.

Wheeeeeeee..........BOB's!

Blessings!

Jay
I don't care what kind of bull you try to feed me.....I stand that the 7.5 digitals (and it don't matter which brand because they all come from the same factory), they are JUNK. E-Sky is trying to push them and discontinued the analog 8G's...BIG MISTAKE. I'll just find 8G analog someplace else at $6.00per that you could run over with a truck and it wouldn't effect them. MAYBE they're slower, harder to center, but who cares. If they survive a big crash more than once, they're golden. Yeah....I can be a little b!tch sometimes (LOL).
Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

Glad you got everything worked out with the HBK2. Sometimes things can become such a headache eh?.... Definately would love a small video shoot however ! I'll promise then I'll stop buggin ya for it....

Vic ~

You crack me up.....

Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

Couple questions.. When you replaced the Esky servos with the Futaba 3114's. Most importantly to me, since I still use the stock TX, do they turn the same direction as the Esky servos. Or did you have to use servo reverse on the TX. Secondly, did you have to modify anything to make the Futaba 3114's fit properly in the HBK2...

Glad you're back in the air and having a good time.

Thanks in advance,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Wnuk

Super Skids came today They work great and are obviously much stronger than stock E Flite ones.

Got two flights in today. I just LOVE this heli. Lots of FFF and plenty of stall turns today. I am getting very comfortable with it ( that's bad, I Know!)

Got to figure out how to make a helmet cam, care to share your setup Jay?

Jim
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Super Skids came today They work great and are obviously much stronger than stock E Flite ones.

Got two flights in today. I just LOVE this heli. Lots of FFF and plenty of stall turns today. I am getting very comfortable with it ( that's bad, I Know!)

Got to figure out how to make a helmet cam, care to shear your setup Jay?

Jim

Jim....welcome to the "dark side" of belt driven tails. Here's a hint, if you don't already have one, get the E-Sky 0704A HHG...makes a WORLD of difference on the King2. Also, if you're running the brushless setup as recommended, get some 1500mAh 15C batt's. When I was running the King2, they were in my opinion, the best batt's for that heli, and if I ever go back to the King2.....I'll run 1500mAh 15C's again....just don't try to do scale with it.....too heavy and heats up the batteries.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 PM
rayelljay

It's Ray....
Major bumma today.....
Not wanting to remain idle and until my tools are returned I started the major disassembly of the 400, removed all servos and all the screws holding the body halves together and attempted to split the the body...big crack and major structural failure....and I'm NOT ham bloody fisted.
It would seem that someone in the initial building of the machine became over enthusiastic with some kind of adhesive and the two body halves became glued together along one long perimeter.
Personally, I find the whole episode disappointing and I hope someone from E-flite reads this.
The 400 is a great little machine and has given me no great problems during her very short life......too short for my tastes.
I will not trust eflite ever again.
Thank heaven I have the Rex...which refuses to quit, and the HBK2 which flies about three times a day....once at lunch and twice when we get back home.
Hopefully, my MXI will get here soon and the new pieces for the HBK. I say "new pieces" but really they'll be the basis of a hand built HBK. Those Microheli parts are the best.

So E-flite....you need to get better eyes-on in your QC department and for everyone's sake, get rid of all those lousy Phillips head screws and put some decent fasteners on the machine.

And now for something completely different.........
When I see the figures printed on the motor casing such as the 420 and the 3800 Kv....what do those figures represent.....?
Yours in temporary lack of joy,
Ray
Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 PM
crashcrash

Updated pic....I added window lines and re-scaled the "Navy" decals:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49047.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1025015  
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
goldslinger

Sweeet, Crashcrash ! !

May I ask You where You got the body?

Sorry if You already answered that question.

JEFF:

Yea, I got the first payment alright, thanks!

I like scale flying too, and when I get My confidence high enough, I want a scale body like Crash Crashes ranger there.

Gary
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Wnuk

That is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING Vic! That's one to be proud of!

Someday I plan on doing something scale, just not sure what yet. Think it will be a winter project for me.

Vic, I'm running the B400 now. Put the HBKII on the shelf for awhile. The G110 on the Blade does a great job. I'm very impressed with it. I'm running 1250mAh 15C's (Common Sense) and the 3800 brushless on the HBK. That gives me about 11 solid minutes but the battery gets rather hot at that point.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
choppersrule

Ray,

Sorry to hear about your problems with the Blade 400. Vic and I have been down alot of roads, with helicopters and found that E-flite is one manufacture that is not up to par with the others. E-sky is much better and lesser cost. You know that with your HBK2. Of course Trex is a much better product, and also much more costly... Just need a bigger wallet.

As far as the Micro Heli parts, you'll love them. I just installed them on my HBK2, and it's like flying a dffernent helicopter.
Micro-Heli's precision and all ball bearing are engineered better than the Trex CNC. I used grease on all the bearings and main shaft and seems to work much better than any oils I've tried over the last three years or so. Basic lithium white grease.

The ONLY problem I ran across was that the "flybar control set". It would not slide onto the flybar, very easy fix.. Just get your dremel or drill out and resize it with the proper diamater drill bit. Took me only two minutes. You will be amazed at the difference.

Dave / Choppersrule

Name:	Jh14966.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1025035  
Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
crashcrash

The fuse come from:

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=4414

I think it's a "fusno" but the reason I like it is the price AND the material is EASY to work with. The trick with the thin PET and paint is to scuff sand with 400grit, and use a gray primer....apply base coat (white high gloss in this case). During the build...you must re-enforce certian areas. Quite INVOLVED, and I got LUCKY it turned out so well (LMAO).

Jim...you need to bump those 1250's up to 1500 15C's. I did the 1250's...yup, they get HOT, and die quickly from getting HOT.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ray ~

I'am sorry for the grief you've been having with the B-400..... One thing after picking it up endlessly at the LHS quite frequently lately and studying it I kept asking myself, how do you do this or how would ya do that.....It does seem a little cramped compared to the Trex which is my only source of understanding a belt-driven heli.....Your inputs and thoughts shared are another good source of information about the heli. I know I'am still tempted, but just can't be sure !

Jim ~

Hard to go back eh? (HBK2).... I was thinking that. But you will eventually.....I see your excitement over your new found glory.....That excitement has never left me....(Just warning ya) [8D]

Gary ~

Crash is seriously the expert on these fuselages. He's built more than I can keep track of...... I still won't forgive him however for wrecking my favorite to-date, and that was the Huey....

Take care everyone, glad to see the hurricane shifted and slowed down a bit for Rick........

~ Jeff
Old 09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Ray,

Sorry to hear about your problems with the Blade 400. Vic and I have been down alot of roads, with helicopters and found that E-flite is one manufacture that is not up to par with the others. E-sky is much better and lesser cost. You know that with your HBK2. Of course Trex is a much better product, and also much more costly... Just need a bigger wallet.

As far as the Micro Heli parts, you'll love them. I just installed them on my HBK2, and it's like flying a dffernent helicopter.
Micro-Heli's precision and all ball bearing are engineered better than the Trex CNC. I used grease on all the bearings and main shaft and seems to work much better than any oils I've tried over the last three years or so. Basic lithium white grease.

The ONLY problem I ran across was that the "flybar control set". It would not slide onto the flybar, very easy fix.. Just get your dremel or drill out and resize it with the proper diamater drill bit. Took me only two minutes. You will be amazed at the difference.

Dave / Choppersrule
Beautiful Dave.........
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

The HBK2 looks superb ! The funny thing is, on my Trex I also had to ream out a little on the flybar control set...?! Maybe it's a Micro-Heli thing.

Take care Chief !

~ Jeff

Name:	Zx70144.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1025039  
Old 09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jim ~

On my helmet cam..... I use a small cheap digital camera, and on the backside it's flat (viewscreen). I put a piece of industrial strength velcro and apply there....Then, on a weed-eating face shield (Or face shield for aluminum blades..lol..) I put another piece on a flat spot where you adjust the tightness of the harness/shield...Slap the ol' camera on, and your good to go ! It might not look the prettiest, but works great. Just be sure yer in a non-public place. Here in Cali, I'am safe using it as I have private areas where I fly....Back in Washington State, I have close neighbors but they already know I'am a nut so I'am safe there to !!

The great thing, is the cam keeps up with the heli's movements usually better than another individual could...

I took the Trex up yesterday using the helmet cam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtToTl8x8w I'am trying to work on just doing a crappy banked turn...Lol..

You literally have to pry the camera from the velcro, as that industrial strength stuff is tough....

~ Jeff

Name:	Fd91967.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1025047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70535.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1025048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek14838.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1025049  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Wnuk

Great flying in your latest video Jeff! That's exactly where i was with my flying earlier this year. I'm going to try to make some kind of helmet cam & see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions [8D]

Jim
Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM
theradioflyer

Jeff, great vid. I have the same issue with turns on my left side. For some reason they're less coordinated and not as easy. Seems like that was explained why awhile back. With me it's mental and I just don't feel as comfortable. That's a great way to hold the camera. I drilled a hole in the top of my hard hat and used a screw in the bottom of the camera where you would mount the tripod. I then used a nut to act as a locknut to hold the camera tight. Jeffs idea looks more comfortable and easier to do.

Ray, sorry to hear about the 400. They probably tell them to glue the heck out of it so you have to upgrade to a carbon fiber or aluminum frame. Numbers thing. I think the 420 is the size of the motor as E-Flite grades it. Different with all brands of motors. I've never quite understood the kv ratings. It has something to do with RPM, I think [&:]

Vic, I'm not impressed with the E-Sky digitals either. I have only had on incident with the heli and that was when I turned the Tx off before the Rx causing the heli to tip over and have a lite blade strike. No major crashes at all.

Dave the 3114 have to be tweaked into position and are not a direct match. I don't recommend using them. The case is smaller and the mounting holes are closer together. I suppose you could elongate the holes on the servo then they would fit better. As far as direction goes, I think they ran the same way. I don't recall reversing.

Blessings,

Jay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.