Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE ~

Heh.... I just looked up your Hughes fuselage and it is fiberglass ! Man that's a sweet weight of only 139 g's... The Align Airwolf with the retracts and lighting kit weighs 800 grams and the Heliartist version with also the retracts and lights is a little lighter at 600 grams. That's why you read why I wanted to beef up the motor and esc with that weight load...LMAO... That Hughes just got more tempting ! And cheaper.... You may have a twin here in Washington soon....Lol... No, but really I'd have to go with the Airwolf. Probably the heavier Align one hoping the quality would be better... Not sure yet.

~ Jeff

Here's a sweet craft...... [8D]

Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I figured out what that fast plane was at my field...saw one at the LHS, and made the connection...

Here is one flying, reminds me of the one I saw at my club....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2W1FwHK1M

Those things are crazy!!!

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

I figured out what that fast plane was at my field...saw one at the LHS, and made the connection...

Here is one flying, reminds me of the one I saw at my club....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2W1FwHK1M

Those things are crazy!!!

Glenn

Oh hek yeah Glenn ! Those things R rippin' my friend... I seriously came close a few times at the LHS on getting one, but the speed and distance factor just seemed to crazy for even me for the moment... Lol... But I did some research back then and the Stryker will hit speeds of up to 80 mph out of the box, and then others here on RCU on the Stryker thread have gotten there's over 100 mph +..... How in the heck would you clock something like that ? LMAO... Awhile back, I saw a video on You-Tube of a guy sitting in the back of his buddies pickup truck and flying his Stryker from the back of his truck while his buddy was driving all over town...Crazy.... Lol.... I wanna do that...LMAO... But with a heli ! [8D]

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

A guy flies one of those at my Park down the stree where I fly. That SOB is so fast you can see it. He flies a 3 cell just like our 400's. It looked so BAD in flight. When he landed I came and talked with him and that thing was more glue and tape than I have ever seen. There had to have been 60-80 grams of foam gone off the thing. I was shocked to see how well it flew.

Jeff, that SUCKER IS BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I love it. WOW Jeff, that 500 Hughes like just looks great!!!!!!!!!

JPEE
Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Jeremy has a couple of those Strykers also. (Lookyj) He tried selling me one right before I was leaving Cali but had to refuse for the time being... Ya out to get one of them there badboys ! That will Git ya hard again, and if not I'am sure it would still make any grown man tinkle his drawers....LMAO...

Where the hek is Carl ? I wanted to ask him how he has been liking those Outrage packs for the 500.....

Old 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Evan T.

Glenn you haven't seen a Stryker before besides the one at the field

Guys

I flew the 400 today I had fun but it was pretty much dark so only small flying
Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

Sup...... [8D] I see ya snoopin'.... Any flight reports ? I got caught yesterday looking at some RC cars like the E-Revo and such.... I guess I still carry a bug for the car craze, so that's kinda cool... But then I was soon browsing back into the heli-section.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Glenn you haven't seen a Stryker before besides the one at the field

Guys

I flew the 400 today I had fun but it was pretty much dark so only small flying

Heh.... You posted right before me ! Cool on getting to fly the 400 today ! Hopefully you'll be able to get some more flight time in soon... How many more days until school is out ? [8D] That will be a helper right there maybe....Lol...
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I got to looking at plane vids....holy crap!!

Check this short one out...now THAT would make you "tinkle your drawers" LOL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b32T...eature=related

Evan,

Nope, never seen one before...not much into planes...lol

Sorry you didn't get to fly longer...

Glenn
Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
evdreamer

Nick,

Yeah, the CG is good on the CPP2 like that...and the weight of the wood can't hurt anything either!

Did you see the roll of velcro that I posted from HF Tools? That thing is 35 FEET LONG...LOL...plenty to go around any battery pack (s)...

Did you get to fly today?

Rain here. All week. So they say. []

Glenn
Glenn,

Yeah I posted it above Jeff's post. "I need one of those velcro strips for my 600 battery. Right now I have two of them attached to each other just to go around the battery."

Yeah I flew 3 times today.

Sorry to hear it will be raining there all week.

I would have a hard time flying that plane.

Nick
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Glenn

Yeah that is definately not your average backyard flier... How sweet though ! In the video, the guy clocks it using a radar gun thingy... I wonder where in the hek you could get one of those. Man I want one.....

~ Jeff

Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Evan T.

Jeff yeah I stopped flying for about a month and flew for the first time in a long time today. Yeah I'm into the cars right now to I'm getting the mini e revo whenit comes out at the end of this month
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Evan T.

Glenn cool videos thanks on the comment

Jeff one more month of school yessss!!!

I'm coming up to Seattle this summer so maybe I can come see you fly but probably not idk well see
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Jeff yeah I stopped flying for about a month and flew for the first time in a long time today. Yeah I'm into the cars right now to I'm getting the mini e revo whenit comes out at the end of this month

A few days ago I was checking out the E-Revo combo on HeliDirect with the Mamba set-up... I thought that was sweet upon its arrival, but then that would leave me no more funds for heli stuff. So I had to step-back...Lol... Its cool, cause I could use my 450 3-cells... Another day I suppose... I've been running my Bandit buggy almost everyday though. Such low-maintenance compared to the heli's when your busy. A good filler... I run my 450 3-cells in that also with the Novak set-up. Your not suppose to, as Novak requires 2-cell usage but I still have yet to blow the ESC for quite awhile now... I did blow out the little fan though, but she's still kickin' and doesn't get to warm. And gnarly speed/response.... I'll have to shoot a video when I'am at the school flying my heli's if I ever get the chance. So fun.....

http://www.helidirect.com/traxxas-er...em-p-10600.hdx

~ Jeff
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

Evan,

Nope, never seen one before...not much into planes...lol

Sorry you didn't get to fly longer...

Glenn
Glenn, this was taken at my flyparkabout 8 miles from here. We were there Sunday
P
Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Evan T.

Two years ago?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I got time to watch your video. Nice flying and congrats on pulling the loops and backflips off.

Nick
Old 05-04-2009, 11:53 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks for the kudos, today was far better than Saturday for sure! Sorry the video is far away but this time I wanted the height to ensure success.

JPEE
Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Dankhead25

hey guys whats going on

i havent been able to talk much but been keeping up with every thing i have finaly got some time well i was on a good streak i got probaly 15 packs in the cpp2 be for i had a little mishap nothing really hurt but the blade. glen was a huge help in getting it set up and i appreciate it i have been hovering in the garage but now i need more room to go higher and try up there. i have a couple question

glen
what battery do you have in the cpp2? how is the charger working out just got the money going to order one

everyone

in this post it is so big what were the name of the wood and fiberglass blades i need something stronger than the balsa but not carbon not ready to break those yet. also are deans a better than the ec3 i need to swithch my whole fleet over to one style conector.

one more thing does anyone know what config the losi lipo packs are setup for balanceing i heard they were backwards from most other manufactures and i would like to put a diffreant balance lead to balance it with the turnigy as well

thanks everyone you guys are a lot of help
Old 05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
evdreamer

Apparently Deans have less resistance than the EC3's, so there would be less loss in those. But Deans can be a pain to take off some times. There might be a price difference, but I haven't checked.

On the Losi packs there should be a black and red wire. That should be the same as all the other connections. To check take a Voltmeter and place the black lead on the black wire. Then take the red lead and place it on the wire next to that. The Voltage should increase with each wire. That will check if the wires are in series and not switched around like one company does, but I can't remember the name of them. Then just take one wire out at a time and place it in the right spot of the new connector.

Nick
Old 05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
evdreamer

I just checked and the Losi packs use a TP/FP/Outrage balance connector. I assume you want to use an Align/E-Flite balance (JST-XH) connector. The cheaper and easier way is to just buy a TP to Align balance adaptor. The TP connector is backwards depending on which way you look at it compared to the Align balance connector.

Nick
Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Dankhead25

nick thanks on the losi pack. i will check that out i think that they were showing a neg voltage but will check to make shure and when a lipo if fully charged it should read 4.20 correct?
lipos are kinda new to me i am a electrican but dont deal with batt very much just 13,800 volt lol i can figure that stuff out but little dc voltages give me trouble.

so are the deans worth the extra trouble. arent the ec3 kinda a pain to put on
Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM
rotarydoc

Jeremy,

Sounds like you are doing better with the CPP2 now...that is great! You are welcome for the setup help...

I am using these Outrage packs from Helidirect, they are pretty inexpensive, and have lots of power, seem to be very good batteries all around, I love mine...

http://www.helidirect.com/outrage-xp...ama-p-7951.hdx

The Turnigy charger I got has exceeded my expectations, to say the least...it's got plenty of power, works well, and seems very well built. Hopefully it will last a long time. I got the 150 watt one, so it easily charges two 3 cell packs at a time with an adapter...saves alot of time charging!

You could try some of the plastic blades at Helidirect also, but keep in mind that they are heavier, and will be more likely to cause a tailboom strike in a hard landing situation as well. But, being heavier, they will also slow the cyclic response a bit as well...pretty tough though.

Keep in mind too, that they have some wooden blades that are almost a carbon copy of the Eflite ones, for $8 a set...

Good luck!

Glenn
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
evdreamer

Jeremy,

i think that they were showing a neg voltage but will check to make shure
Flip the Voltmeter leads around.
when a lipo if fully charged it should read 4.20 correct?
Yeah if it is a new battery, if it is an older battery it will be around 4.15V.
so are the deans worth the extra trouble. arent the ec3 kinda a pain to put on
Deans are pretty easy to solder. I use the helping hands by X-Acto to hold the connector while I solder the wires to it. Don't forget to use heat shrink on the exposed wires. It helps to have a big soldering tip and a high power soldering iron. I have never used EC3's, but Glenn, JPEE, and I think Jeff do. You could also use Anderson Power Poles. I use those on my RC car.

Nick
Old 05-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Evan T.

I thought lipo cells were 3.7 volts per cell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.