Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 PM
rossj711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

ORIGINAL: MARGRETTE

I just ripped my whole vehicle apart for my build-up...I will snap some pics of the wheels tonight.
Where did you buy the parts needed for your build up?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
MARGRETTE

minor stuff for now...cutting and narrowing the body, new skid plates, new steel roll cage, not really buying much for now...guess its not a total build up...sorry for getting too many hopes up. am planning on strengthening the axles and upgrading the belts though using cleffdawg's idea (prev. page)
If you do this you'll have to cut off the suspension stops from the chassis. As far as the guy who lost his front wheel drive i had this happen with both axles. There is a small plastic peice on the axle that is supposed to turn with the axle. In other words it's supposed to be attached. I beleive they did this with a small pin through the axle but it is weak. I drilled another hole in the axle, through the plastic peice and JB welded the @%$ out of it. it holds great now. Another problem is the belts they use. I replaced mine with some O'rings and they work spectacular.
other than that, mostly cosmetic stuff, lights, paint, etc...just trying to make a mini version of my real crawler...I will throw some more pics up when the little one is finished, for judgment on how I did. For now, here is one of the 1:6 fresh out of the box, and a couple of my real crawler "Sherman"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53861.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	362848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47947.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	362849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23391.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	362850  
Old 12-03-2005, 09:22 PM
glueboy

How does the Nylint 1/6th rock crawler compare, performance-wise, to the New Bright 4WD Jeep rock crawler? Is the Nylint worth the extra $100?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:30 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: MARGRETTE

I just ripped my whole vehicle apart for my build-up...I will snap some pics of the wheels tonight.
Thanks, those pics would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:16 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

does anyone use a different tx with the stock truck? I want to know the channel? freq?band?

All I know is it is 27 mhz and has 4 different bands (channels)?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Haulin Azz

You could probably put hobby grade electronic in the 1/6 scale one. I have an old radioshack dodge raminator and I tore it completely down today. It now has 4 rustler shocks, a 27 turn midnight pro motor, futaba magnum jr. radio system, novak fwd/rev reactor speed control, and the rear diff is locked! This thing is about 3 times as fast now. I might be breaking 20+ mph on a full batt! I hit my bike ramp at pull speed on our asphalt driveway and when I eventually came back to earth it slammed down and I pressed the throttle back as hard as I could and managed a sweet slap wheelie! I had to press the brake and bring the front end back down befor I hit the barn! This is one tough truck! Sorry about rambling just tried to give an idea! I also put hobby electrics on my beothers 1/6 scale Ford Harley Davidson truck!Very fast now! Just some ideas![8D]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 AM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

post some pics general
Old 12-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Haulin Azz

I will take some when my dad gets home so h e can take a pictrue when it is driving!
Old 12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Evader 53

What would you rate this truck on a fun-factor of 1-10. It looks like a pretty cool truck and a good buy fro the money.

All the owners of this truck, please post some pics/videos when you can, I would love to see this thing in some more action. [8D]
Old 12-04-2005, 07:40 PM
RC-Archer

I just bought the 1/6 Nylint and plugged in the battery and took the thing apart. You can put a hobby grade radio in it but you need a three channel radio or at least two channels and a swith to switch from high to low gear. I took the gearboxes apart and was pleasantly surprised by the metal axles and the ballbearings. How many R/C kits can you buy that have ball bearings on the axles? The wheel do have a hex but they look like 6-7 mm hexes. The gearboxes are NOT sealed so I wouldn't run them in mud or water.

Other than a paint job, I'm probably not going to mod the Jeep.

Much.......

Any gripes? Please......it is not a Clod so there has to be some compromise for the price. But for what it is it's great!

BTW there is a video of the Jeep at www.funrise.com
Old 12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
MARGRETTE

ORIGINAL: Pede guy 9114

What would you rate this truck on a fun-factor of 1-10. It looks like a pretty cool truck and a good buy fro the money.

All the owners of this truck, please post some pics/videos when you can, I would love to see this thing in some more action. [8D]
I have been hardcore wheeling for about 7 yrs now, and on a 1-10 fun scale as far as realism, I have to give this thing a 8+, maybe a 9. I am a newbie to R.C. crawling, but all the high end chassis I see are sweet, although realistically, they are ridiculous. THIS THING ACUALLY ACTS LIKE A JEEP. The weight to scale seems just right to make the suspension move right. The edge of gravity is crossed right around the same spot on a real jeep. You can keep it stock and its quite capable, or you can gas it on the mods like many, myself included, have done. I have just stretched the wheel base, cut and bobbed the tub, did some shock work for better travel, and will be building my rollcage this week. Hobby level chassis' will eat this things lunch, but if you want something that you can get down with for less than a bajillion dollars, I think Nylint hit it right on the head. Axle clearance and soft steering are my only complaints, but if you study up, these seem fairly easily fixed or at least improved. Here are some pics from a few minutes ago as it sits. A bit goofy looking with no cage, but what can you do.

Name:	Hf99399.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	364960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85044.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	364961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42937.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	364962  
Old 12-04-2005, 08:29 PM
MARGRETTE

sorry it took so long to get em up, but here are some pics of how the wheels mount up. Newbie, so not sure how they are sized, but looked like just over 3/8", maybe 10mm (?) hex, with a keyed hub held in by a plain-jane flat head philips machine screw.
ORIGINAL: hpiguy

Thanks, those pics would be appreciated.

Name:	Qo38751.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	364964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75170.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	364965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30729.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	364966  
Old 12-04-2005, 08:48 PM
RC-Archer

Got a question, Some of the suspension components are held on with what looks like rivets. What are they? Are they press in rivets or one way screws or what?

How do you get them out?
Old 12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
MARGRETTE

ORIGINAL: RC-Archer

Got a question, Some of the suspension components are held on with what looks like rivets. What are they? Are they press in rivets or one way screws or what?

How do you get them out?
They are something like rivets, but they have ribs that hold them in. I took mine out with small flat headed screwdriver. Insert on the plastic side and gently pry it out. piece-o-cake. If you take the stock rear shocks and cut a few coils out, then switch them to the front, you can get a bit more stuff on the front wheels without having to cut them. unfortunately, the fronts (now in rear) are way too long to get any kind of good action. you will need to cut a bit more out of the coils, and grind the upper shaft and lower (metal) shaft down. I took mine down about 1/4" but am planning to do a bit more around 1/2". I figure they are only 10.00 bucks if I take too much out.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I just plugged the 7.2V battery into my Piranha for my 1/18. so far it seems alright..should paint it Patriot Blue like my real Jeep:P
Old 12-04-2005, 11:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

OK, now this 1/18 one isn't that great.

there is no proportional control for the steering OR throttle (don't know why I expected different), and one good fall knocked my front right wheel off.

it's got potential, though...i'm gonna tear 'er apart tomorrow since I'm off school.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Rompn

I have had my 1/6th scale for a few months now. So far, nothing has broke. Like it has been said before though, the steering needs to be stronger and the clearance under the axles is less than par. The Jeep is capable of much more than the clearance allows for.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Jefferson1964

Im new to the rc hobby and purchased the 1/6 crawler last night from walmart. Ive seen some great paint jobs here, what kind of paint do you recommend. Thanks...Jeff
Old 12-23-2005, 01:13 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Krylon's Fusion paints are good for general plastic use
Old 12-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Jefferson1964

Thanks....i will get some krylon...im luvn this rock crawler and the dvd that came with the jeep is great....this rock crawlers must be popular i went back to walmart to purchase one for my brother for christmas and the were sold out and I had just purchased mine the night before...but i did get it right when it was coming off the truck....

Now for a good color scheme...

Thanks again...Jeff/Mansfield, TX.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

nylints are junk alright, if your gonna pay 180 bucks for a non hobby level rc crawler then your jut a *****, afraid to build a real crawler, i can see 40 or 50 bucks for the smaller one just to fool with and have a little fun but ive owned the bigger one and they are horrible performers, i described this on a earlier thread, they are crap alright, to spend 180 bucks on a walmart car is stupid and you are stupid for doing it and not taking it back,

and then you saying that you could put hobby level electrics in one of those, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT, why would you put more money into that piece of junk, they will never perform as well as something hobby level, they are junk and you are supporting junk by paying 180 dollars, dont support those pieces of crap, you can build a nice competition capable crawler with only 280 bucks, if you want to know how i will gladly do a big long list of everything you need and everywhere to get it, josh
Old 12-24-2005, 10:31 PM
cornelje

it seems like most people are more than happy with them. And as far as building a competition crawler, these trucks are more for the scale look.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
mudder

my rock crawler front end is in high and rear is in low. how can i fix it
Old 12-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Rompn

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

nylints are junk alright, if your gonna pay 180 bucks for a non hobby level rc crawler then your jut a *****, afraid to build a real crawler, i can see 40 or 50 bucks for the smaller one just to fool with and have a little fun but ive owned the bigger one and they are horrible performers, i described this on a earlier thread, they are crap alright, to spend 180 bucks on a walmart car is stupid and you are stupid for doing it and not taking it back,

and then you saying that you could put hobby level electrics in one of those, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT, why would you put more money into that piece of junk, they will never perform as well as something hobby level, they are junk and you are supporting junk by paying 180 dollars, dont support those pieces of crap, you can build a nice competition capable crawler with only 280 bucks, if you want to know how i will gladly do a big long list of everything you need and everywhere to get it, josh
Tell us how you really feel. I personally love the 1/6th Nylint. It works pretty good right out of the box and is much cheaper and less time consuming than a full custom crawler buildup. Plus, when mine breaks (if it ever does), I take it back and exchange it for another one. [8D]
Old 12-27-2005, 08:33 PM
furnaceman
My Feedback: (14)

well I geuss I'm stupid, I bought the 1/18th for my son and the 1/6th for myself! X mas was a blast. I bought this thing to see if I would enjoy crawling an rc vehicle. I used to wheel and rock crawl in my Toyota tacoma until my little ones were born. The 1/18th is great for my son to learn on the TX is just the right size for his little hands. He is only 2 and drives quit well for his age( Still doesn't know about reverse) he always loves rc stuff especially my nitro ones, and planes. well I sure wish I could see a list of things to build a crawler for 280.00 I think I will build one more capable than the nylint once it breaks.

Bill

Name:	Nk28088.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	376505  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.