Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Disclosure?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Disclosure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 05:25 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Disclosure?

Shawn is an upstanding guy to do business with, nothing that spews out your mouth Phil is gonna change that.

Go choak on you little man attitude dude. Get a real identity, and if your are Curtis, go .....just go. We don't need his,(or you're attitude here). Go kick your dog some more you .

Casey
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Yep, it's definitely Curtiss. Another member pointed it out, and then I went back and reflected on some offline communications between Curtis and me. It's him. Also, the 'community theatre' cracks and 'Y/A being all-but out-of-business' is also a tired old Curtis refrain. Same with all the 'Reps shouldn't do this, shouldn't do that' ....classis Mattikow.

Busted.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:08 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to laugh a little, you could not be more wrong. AmImarkpamjoyce too?
Easy Tiger is a classic example of the problem, he got more free planes than anyone else.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:16 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: dubd

I think in the case of some companies... FEJ... discounts are given to people who in turn say FEJ products are made out of sunshine and puppies. The new "consumer-rep" is part of the problem with the misrepresentation of these products.
You are correct, many people got discounted planes from FlyEagle, and failed to disclose that.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: siclick33

RCU's rules are very clear in this matter. Our rules state the following:

quote:

USERNAMES & DISCLOSURE:
Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.

Web addresses may not be used as usernames.

Anybody that is affiliated in any way with a commercial company that is in the RC industry MUST disclose this affilation in their signature line. There is no "wiggle room" in this rule. While we do not care what a person receives from the company, we do care that they are receiving it. This rule is in place for one very good reason. When members are interacting with each other on our forum we want them to know that the person they are talking to is affiliated with a company. While this may not always be something important, there are many times where it is vital to know that a person posting has ties to a company. For instance, if a member is posting that a product is really good and people should buy it, it's important to know that the person making those claims has ties to the company making said product.

RCU takes this rule very seriously and we will enforce it whenever it comes up. This matter is not one for discussion as the rule is in place and is not going to be changed any time soon. It's already been shown to me that the members here are having difficulty discussing this matter in a civil and mature manner, and since the question has been asked and answered already my initial thoughts are to lock down this thread. However, I am going to give this thread the benefit of the doubt and give the members here one chance at keeping this thread open. However, please know this, that the next time I see ANYBODY stepping out of line in this discussion I am going to shut it down. Period. So it's pretty easy guys, keep the discussion on a civil and mature level, or I'm going to close the thread. The choice is entirely up to you all as to where we go from here, but please know that I won't hesitate to take actions.

Ken
Ken,

I reported someone recently who is a shill and hasn't disclosed their affiliation in their signature line. I received no response to my report and that person is still posting 'anonymously'. My experience is that the mods (at least some of them) don't enforce this rule as diligently as you suggest that they should.
Are you speaking about the EXM Mini and such?

As far as moderation goes, are there any examples at all of any moderator action taken on this type of thing?I'm not saying it has not taken place, Ijust have never seen it happen.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, apparently there are some here that either felt they were above following my advice, didn't understand my advice, or think the can do any thing they please. Whatever it was, this is over. I stated earlier the the original question had been asked and the answer was given, and after that I would have a very short leash on this thread. Some felt that they could ignore my advice and decided to continue to try to stir up trouble and attack others here. That is totally unacceptable. I have removed ALL of the posts that we out of line and I am closing this thread.

Now, before I get the complaints about closing this thread down, I'll just remind you that I warned I would have a short leash here on this thread and would close it if the crap continued. Since some here decided to ignore my advice, this thread is finished.

Thread locked

Ken<br type="_moz" />