Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

" WILDHARE CLUB "

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: " WILDHARE CLUB "

The 24-8 will be too much prop. I know my Brison over speeds a 22-8 Mejzlik. That's how I discovered the 22-8 MSC. It has a wider, stiffer blade than anything in wood currently available that I'm aware of.

I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on a couple of the new Revolution props when they come out so I can do some comparisons.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

euclid. Did yu oder straight from the wildhare website? (www.wildharerc.com) Or did you go through somebody else? I really like the extra300LX in the red, yellow and black. Has any one got one of these yet? What would be a good engine combo for this plane? I was thinking maybe a DA50, 3W50 or a zenoah G62.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:17 AM
Tired Old Man

Check to see if Ultracote has a color named Circus pink. If they do, that's the one.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:36 AM
euclid

G'day Bigsport. I kinda went directly to Tom. Asked him about orders to Australia, and a few other questions. Before I knew it, postie was banging on the door with a dirty big box! Never seen so many stamps before, except in a post office!!
I dont know if anyone has a red and bumble bee extra yet.....I think you should be the first mate..[sm=thumbup.gif]
With regard to engine combo, it would appear the general preference is for the lighter engines, but having said that, the airframe is probably designed around the G62 ....at least the edge is..and they're nearly the same plane. Silversurfer could help more there...(although he is a Brison fan.....gawd love 'im)
I'm with a DA50 on the edge, good some good write ups in the now defunct club!
Good luck, say...where abouts are you flying?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Menz-S 24-8 great prop for the DA-50 for 3D. Mejzlik 23-10 better for IMAC.

I had my WH Edge out one day and had a local expert (super 3D and all around flier) fly it first with the 24-8 and then with the 23-10. The above were his conclusions. He usually flies 40% stuff, but he was impressed with the Wild Hare.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Mach1Latus
My Feedback: (3)

Pat:

I'm flying with a ZDZ 60, nice and overpowered the way I like it.

Stephen
Old 02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: bluemagic98

where do you think i can find a 23x8 Mejzlik I take it the 23x8 Mejzlik is plastic?

Mejzlik props are carbon fiber. You can get the 23x8 directly from DA. I ordered that very prop about two weeks ago from them when I ordered the 50-R.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Yep, I have a 23X8 Mejzlik that I got from DA 3 weeks ago. I have yet to install it, but I look forward to it.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:44 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pink is circus pink Ultracote.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C

http://www.wildharerc.com
Old 02-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Tired Old Man

Regarding the G-62, they work just fine. I flew with a guy that had one on his 28% Edge and I was quite impressed with the performance. The 62 is obviously a heavier engine than a DA or BME, so using one only requires that you move some of the internals a little farther back in the fuselage. Tail mounting the rudder servo(s) will help quite a bit in balance.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:33 PM
BHunn3

It appears that the intent is to eliminate anything that refers to the manufacturer in question. I'm amazed this thread has not been eliminated. This entire thing has been a giant overreaction that has been detrimental to all; especially us, the reader/poster and should never have happened.

In any event I have just started my Giles202 and found the quality and the little things that are done for you (like holes, pins, cutout, etc) to be great. should be an easy and quick build.

Bob
Old 02-08-2005, 12:39 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: [Deleted]

Off topic posts that have nothing to do with wild hare or rc are being removed by me personally. I will notify each poster of why their post was removed unless it is obvious why and does not warrant a response and trust me there are some. A few were merely posted to try and stir the pot for no reason. If you want to talk about wild hare products then please do so. Leave the rest at the door. EOM
Old 02-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Tired Old Man

Out of curiousity, what engine are you planning to use in your Giles? The reason i ask is for balance reasons. If it's a heavier engine like a DA 100, 3w-100, or Brison 6.4, the location of the rudder servo will matter considerably.

If you are going to use a lighter engine and not going to tail mount the rudder controls, consider placing the elevator servos in the fuselage openings that were intended for the rudder servos. It makes the linkage geometry much easier to align.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:19 PM
rc_boy_12
My Feedback: (2)

Hey, this is my question to anyone who can answer it for me. i notice someone said because the g-62 is a heavier engine, to mount the ruddr servo in the tail. Well, yea, it is heavy, but i am using a Hitec 5735 on the rudder, and dont think it will fit into the tail. any suggestions? my g-62 is the electric ignitions conversion. I am planning on puting the servo in the servo tray in the fuse, the one in the back.

also, under the engine box, where it is open, i that there for any reason? seems that alot of exaust would get intot he plane that way maybe it doesnt matter. im guessing they are for canister exausts if used
Old 02-08-2005, 01:28 PM
BHunn3

Silver,

it's going to be a ZDZ80 and I will be waiting tell almost done to decide on were the 8611 rudder servo will go.

Bob
Old 02-08-2005, 04:07 PM
ShawnM
My Feedback: (6)

I guess they quit making that color.[sm=confused.gif] I found 5 different shades of Ultracote pink, but no circus pink.
Monokote makes a circus pink though...that can't be it.

Thanks Tom for fixin' me up with those elevators and stabs Just a few more hours work and a little pink to replace a piece of trim and my Giles will be ready to fly.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Tired Old Man

The ignition version of the G-62 is a bit lighter than the magneto version. If that is a Ralph Cunningham engine you're going to like it I flew one of his G-26 conversions in a friends plane a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with it.

Like yourself, I don't believe the 5735 will fit in the tail without modifying the opening, but you should be able to use the pull/pull method with the lighter G-62. Try to plan your throttle servo location to be as far aft as practically useable. Also consider sliding the fuel tank aft until it stops against the most forward radio tray. You will have to trim the top of the tank bulkhead a little to do that.

On my Edge and extras', I made and installed a ply plate that bolts to the inside face of the firewall bulkhead. It makes an excellent location to hang a flight battery, and closes off the large opening. Being a gasser, it doesn't hurt to have a little airflow inside the fuse to vent any accumulation of gasoline vapors. Leaving the opening untouched at the top of the engine box provides enough air movement to alleviate any vapor concerns.

BHunn3,

The 80 is pretty light, so the servo tray will work fine. If you need to, you can install a small "floor" at the bottom of the most forward turtle deck former to hold a flight battery. Send me a PM to provide an address to send a pic if you need or want one.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:10 PM
rc_boy_12

ok, thanks alot, i will slide the tank back, and yes, im using the pull pull on the rudder.i may just leave the opening open becuase the exaust tubes im using come out under the plane, so it should be ok. will post some pics and stuff later
Old 02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
kingdom802

RC-boy-12,
I really like my WH Edge with the G-62, at 5500 feet it flys well, I'm sure that one of the lighter 50's would have more power and performance but it's not bad and the plane and support from Tom are great.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Hmm speaking of the large opening at the bottom..has anyone had any issues with oil/exhaust getting in the fuse??
Old 02-08-2005, 10:49 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Not so far...... gas engines run much cleaner than slimers! I did fuel proof both inside and outside of the engine box and around the LG area.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
ericeffs

What is the best smoke system for 28% extra. Tank size, location, etc.?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Tired Old Man

I can't say if there is a best smoke system since they all work pretty well. I use a TME when I have it installed and use a 24oz smoke tank. A smaller 16 ounce tank works just fine to help keep the weight down. Install the smoke tank right next to the gas tank by placing the tanks on their sides instead of their bottoms. The quality of the smoke is determined by the amount of oil going to the exhaust. Too much oil equals less smoke.

There is no need to purchase a special "smoke" muffler with a gasser. A standard issue muffler with a smoke tap is all you will need. Gassers produce considerably more heat than 2 or 4 stroke glow motors, and don't need the additional help of a smoke coil to pre-heat anything.

Pat
Old 02-09-2005, 02:17 AM
RustyTumbles

Will the extras 3d with a g62? It will be awhile before I get my wildhare as I've only just got my world model extra flying.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
rc_boy_12

watching guys like mike mcconville , mark leesberg, and jason schulman flay at the event in PR, i am really insppired to finsih my edge and get it flyin.. nothing like hovering w/ smoke on ))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.