Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Legend F-15 Kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Legend F-15 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 PM
DavidQ
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Legend F-15 Kit

Eric,
I have 4 of your jets and will continue to buy from you in the future!
David Quy
Oklahoma City
Old 10-15-2005, 10:09 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wojtek

You listen to Justin Timberlake? That SOOOOOOOO figures you are an N-Sync fan! Menudo, too?
Cusrtis, just to clear that one up, i do not, have not, and will not listen to Justin ... i can not let my reputation get tainted here like this [] ,,,, it was mearly an example ..

Wojtek
It's okay. You're amongst friends here. You can turn Britney Spears back up on your stereo, don't worry, nobody can hear but you. It's okay.

"The people sell $50 Rolex watch say they have copyright, and the one in Switzerland is their dealer."

No they don't. The people who sell $20 Rolex watches don't claim they are real, and the people who BUY them don't think they are real, and nobody disputes Rolex's copyrights, and you can walk into any licensed Rolex dealer and buy an authentic Rolex, and anybody who thinks they are getting a real Rolex for $20 is either thinking they are buying a stolen item or they just have no idea of what they are buying. So, I don't understand your analogy. Sparks isin't claiming these are "authentic Skymaster products" either.
So...where is the tooling?
Are all the new Skymaster kits from the new Skymaster factory from new tooling?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

are we dealers here or hobbyists. This is a war between two co's in china? what is the law their? The most interesting thing is the huge margin that we are paying here. Also, we have been receiving low quality products from Skymaster over the past few years, this is why they are shifting the production ( An excuse that is worse than the sin).

Its really interesting to find out this now. What we should do is to ask Skymaster to buy back all the low quality production that they sold and if someone crashed his plane they should compensate him for
Old 10-15-2005, 11:09 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

100% markup is not a huge margin. It's pretty normal.
I hear you, though!
If Sparks was so bad at making airplanes, how come Skymaster sold so many of them?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:12 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Flying Arrow

are we dealers here or hobbyists. This is a war between two co's in china? what is the law their? The most interesting thing is the huge margin that we are paying here. Also, we have been receiving low quality products from Skymaster over the past few years, this is why they are shifting the production ( An excuse that is worse than the sin).

Its really interesting to find out this now. What we should do is to ask Skymaster to buy back all the low quality production that they sold and if someone crashed his plane they should compensate him for
MOST of us are hobbyists here...but several posters on this thread ARE dealers or work for/with skymaster on one level or another.
It IS just a war between two Chinese companies. Who is in the right? Dunno. But you want to get all "moral" about it?
How about BOTH companies make their stuff under the Chinese Communist dictatorship.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Lets give Jet Ledgends a chance and use Steven as a test case maybe their story is true , and prehaps SM has been over charging for their product, who knows .
yea, i'll give the guy selling $2 counterfeit CDs and $3 DVDs a chance too .... [>:] ... if you buy from a counterfeiter, you become a thief yourself ... I myself will not participate in this theivery ... Maybe next time one of you get a jet stollen from your trailer or garage, i will look for the guy who stole it to buy it from him at a bargain price ......

I wonder if all you unscrupulous modelers would have the same attitide towards jet legend if it was BVM's ARFs they were ripping of ... in this case its Skymaster .. so whats the diference ???

shame on you all !!

Wojtek
So...you KNOW what Skymaster says is true? Because SKYMASTER told you so?
Or maybe what SPARKS says is true.
You don't know.
Enough already.

How about using a little common sense for once. Do you honestly believe that these guys designed this kit and own the rights to it, yet have allowed Skymaster to sell it for what, some two years now without saying anything about it? EHHHH. Wrong. Where has Jet Legend been hiding if this was their product? Where was this company two years ago, where has their support been, where are the videos of their flight tests, etc, etc, etc...?

Do you honestly believe - or expect anyone else to belive - that Jet Legend has sat back for several years and donne nothing while Skymaster marketed, sold, supported, and profited from these kits under the Skymaster name without doing or saying anything about it?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:17 PM
AirPac Models

Great! Prove it, then! Show the contract, show the design papers, show the tooling you made. Sparks says THEY designed them, and Anton Lin only test flew and marketed them. Just because someone posted it on the internet does not make it true.
I have no idea who is telling the truth, Sparks' story sounds just as plausible as yours, but you were not there, were you, when Lin approached Sparks. You don't REALLY know what happened, you are the US distributor, not Anton Lin. If I recall correctly, Skymaster was already up and running before you entered the picture.
You are not the bad guy here, though, in my eyes, though. Whatever transpired between Skymaster and Sparks, you did your job, people are very pleased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer your questions:

1. We will not show business contract to general public, just like anyone in business. But I did show the copy of contract to Marc, the President of RCU (as I posted #28, point#4). We will also show it to the court and anyone direct involved this issue.

2. I am direct involved for this issue, not third party. My posts here is official Skymaster reply for this issue, I am authorized. Also, just let you know, I went to China several times a year. AirPac team (also Ali at Als Hobbies in UK) also involved a lot of R/D for Skymaster products. Please search pictures and threads posted in RCU to know Skymaster/ AirPac more.

3. Yes, all the new Skymaster kits from the new Skymaster factory from new improved tooling.

4. If you or Jetlegend/ Spark think the planes are not designed by Anton and Skymaster team (includes AirPac, Ali, etc) Please indicate anyone in Spark can fly a jet (or even start a turbine) in 2003, which was the time Skymaster designed the F-15, F-18C, and Gripen. Can you designed a jet not even know how to star a turbine and fly it? (as I posted #28, point#6)
Old 10-15-2005, 11:18 PM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: DavidQ

Eric,
I have 4 of your jets and will continue to buy from you in the future!
David Quy
Oklahoma City

David, thank you for support Skymaster/ AirPac.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Lt. Dan

I'm just curious about something. If RCU was given a copy of the contract that shows Skymaster as the owner of this design an 'Jet Legend' to be in breach of contract (among other things), why is RCU hosting a Jet Legends advertisement? Are there no morals if money is involved?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:25 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lt. Dan

Lets give Jet Ledgends a chance and use Steven as a test case maybe their story is true , and prehaps SM has been over charging for their product, who knows .
yea, i'll give the guy selling $2 counterfeit CDs and $3 DVDs a chance too .... [>:] ... if you buy from a counterfeiter, you become a thief yourself ... I myself will not participate in this theivery ... Maybe next time one of you get a jet stollen from your trailer or garage, i will look for the guy who stole it to buy it from him at a bargain price ......

I wonder if all you unscrupulous modelers would have the same attitide towards jet legend if it was BVM's ARFs they were ripping of ... in this case its Skymaster .. so whats the diference ???

shame on you all !!

Wojtek
So...you KNOW what Skymaster says is true? Because SKYMASTER told you so?
Or maybe what SPARKS says is true.
You don't know.
Enough already.

How about using a little common sense for once. Do you honestly believe that these guys designed this kit and own the rights to it, yet have allowed Skymaster to sell it for what, some two years now without saying anything about it? EHHHH. Wrong. Where has Jet Legend been hiding if this was their product? Where was this company two years ago, where has their support been, where are the videos of their flight tests, etc, etc, etc...?
Yes.
Like many Chinese companies, they rely on the Western Connections to break into the market.
Very few products are marketed here under their Chinese names by Chinese companies.

Say, you're Skymaster's webmaster, right?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:29 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: AirPac Models

Great! Prove it, then! Show the contract, show the design papers, show the tooling you made. Sparks says THEY designed them, and Anton Lin only test flew and marketed them. Just because someone posted it on the internet does not make it true.
I have no idea who is telling the truth, Sparks' story sounds just as plausible as yours, but you were not there, were you, when Lin approached Sparks. You don't REALLY know what happened, you are the US distributor, not Anton Lin. If I recall correctly, Skymaster was already up and running before you entered the picture.
You are not the bad guy here, though, in my eyes, though. Whatever transpired between Skymaster and Sparks, you did your job, people are very pleased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer your questions:

1. We will not show business contract to general public, just like anyone in business. But I did show the copy of contract to Marc, the President of RCU (as I posted #28, point#4). We will also show it to the court and anyone direct involved this issue.

2. I am direct involved for this issue, not third party. My posts here is official Skymaster reply for this issue, I am authorized. Also, just let you know, I went to China several times a year. AirPac team (also Ali at Als Hobbies in UK) also involved a lot of R/D for Skymaster products. Please search pictures and threads posted in RCU to know Skymaster/ AirPac more.

3. Yes, all the new Skymaster kits from the new Skymaster factory from new improved tooling.

4. If you or Jetlegend/ Spark think the planes are not designed by Anton and Skymaster team (includes AirPac, Ali, etc) Please indicate anyone in Spark can fly a jet (or even start a turbine) in 1993, which was the time Skymaster designed the F-15, F-18C, and Gripen. Can you designed a jet not even know how to star a turbine and fly it? (as I posted #28, point#6)
Designed all the way back in 1993. Wow.

So, Sparks retained all the original tooling? And Skymaster claims to own that tooling? Is that what you are suing over?

Seems like it would be a pretty open-and-shut case of theft, if Skymaster had paperwork showing they owned the tooling. You could just walk right in and get it.

All the tooling for these planes, the stuff that Skymaster has been selling for two years...all the tooling was made at the Sparks factory?

Old 10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: Flying Arrow

All the Skymaster products had quality issue already returned to Spark. The products in the market are checked a few times by Anton himself and me. We just can accept high defect rate form them, it's not mean they do not have anything right. Our point her is the QC process in Spark themselves is not the same as Skymaster standard.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Lt. Dan

Yes.
Like many Chinese companies, they rely on the Western Connections to break into the market.
Very few products are marketed here under their Chinese names by Chinese companies.
That theory is laughable. You don't think with Tam's connections to Sparks that these wouldn't have been marketed years ago? Quit stirring up sh1t with your wild ideas.

How many times does that question need to be asked and answered for you? Have you ever owned a Skymaster plane? This F-15 is an exact copy of the one sitting in my garage.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:31 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I'm just curious about something. If RCU was given a copy of the contract that shows Skymaster as the owner of this design an 'Jet Legend' to be in breach of contract (among other things), why is RCU hosting a Jet Legends advertisement? Are there no morals if money is involved?

Dunno. You would have to ask Marc. Maybe the document is meaningless.
Maybe he needs more proof than Skymaster's word? You'll have to ask him.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:36 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Yes.
That theory is laughable. You don't think with Tam's connections to Sparks that these wouldn't have been marketed years ago? Quit stirring up sh1t with your wild ideas.

How many times does that question need to be asked and answered for you? Have you ever owned a Skymaster plane? This F-15 is an exact copy of the one sitting in my garage.
Tam's not Chinese. He has lived here a long time. Owns some liquor stores, amongst other things.
I'm sorry...you are mistaken. I can walk into Walmart and pick out 10,000 items that are made in China. And not ONE of them is marketed by Chinese. Not one of them is under Xu Jian Manufacture Co. They ALL are under American brand names, with American marketing.

"This F-15 is an exact copy of the one sitting in my garage."

No. It IS the F-15 you have sitting in your garage. Off the same molds. Which Sparks evidently actually made and Skymaster sold. There is a new F-15 from Skymaster off of new molds.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:40 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I would like to ask a question to anybody reading this thread who is thinking in buying a Sparks F-15:

Suppose that someone is selling a plane designed by yourself against your will and by half of its current price...how would do you feel about it?

I could be wrong or outdated, but I would prefer not to buy a plane like this.. even if it is sold by Us$ 200. It all depends about how well informed you are or how much empathy you still have.

Eric, in my opinion, you have the right to post your views as many times you want, to remind people about the facts.

Enrique

Old 10-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Lt. Dan

Tam's not Chinese. He has lived here a long time. Owns some liquor stores, amongst other things.
What does that matter? Who do you think is supplying him with the ViperJet, Super Hornet, and Fun Scale F-16? DUH

No. It IS the F-15 you have sitting in your garage. Off the same molds. Which Sparks evidently actually made and Skymaster sold. There is a new F-15 from Skymaster off of new molds.
And how exactly would you know which one I have?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:46 PM
AirPac Models

Designed all the way back in 1993. Wow.

Seems like it would be a pretty open-and-shut case of theft, if Skymaster had paperwork showing they owned the tooling. You could just walk right in and get it.
Don't forget the issue is happen in China, not in USA. You can not use US Standard to judge it. Especially Skymaster is a foreign company over there. For other questions that you asked, sorry again, I can't say too much about business detail to general public, just like anyone in business.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:00 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Why is this thread another PISSING CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy started it to tell us about his jet and let it be that. I think we all deserve to here how JL handles shipping and treats their customers. The Skymaster-Jetlegend argument has gone on in at least 3 other threads .

Airpac if you really want to be mad, be mad at RCU for letting JL advertise, everyone else that is so offended should also find the moral issues with RCU. This thread was started to give an unbiased review of a jet, its redciulus that it has been allowed to be damaged like it is. Maybe we need to get some old moderaters back in here.

What I was going to say before I had to read through a page and a half of trash is that I find it funny that the F-15 has the exact same decal package as my A10x.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

Why so many people appointed themselves as lawyers for sky master. As mentioned by airpac its an issue that is handled under the Chinese jurisdiction, so all what we can do is act like customers who buy from the cheapest source possible. Skymaster can always sue jetlegend for all that lost business, where JL should pay for our discounted kits if they were found guilty. Just simplify the issue guys.

I vote for the freedom of act, which means you can buy from where ever you fined it cheapest since you are not anyone lawyer!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL:
its an issue that is handled under the Chinese jurisdiction, so all what we can do is act like customers who buy from the cheapest source possible.

I vote for the freedom of act, which means you can buy from where ever you fined it cheapest since you are not anyone lawyer!!!
So if someone stole a BMW in Germany (another jurisdiction) and sells me by half of it is price
it is OK to me to buy?

Just curious to know.... and I am not pretending to be a lawyer, just a decent person.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:39 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Except YOU don't know if Sparks stole ANYTHING.
Sparks says THEY designed the planes, and that Skymaster just MARKETED them, and that Skymaster did not pay their bills and ended up getting their own factory instead.

But it seems like you and a lot of other people have tried and convicted Sparks...
Based only on the word of Skymaster.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:41 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: mugenkidd

Why is this thread another PISSING CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy started it to tell us about his jet and let it be that. I think we all deserve to here how JL handles shipping and treats their customers. The Skymaster-Jetlegend argument has gone on in at least 3 other threads .

Airpac if you really want to be mad, be mad at RCU for letting JL advertise, everyone else that is so offended should also find the moral issues with RCU. This thread was started to give an unbiased review of a jet, its redciulus that it has been allowed to be damaged like it is. Maybe we need to get some old moderaters back in here.

What I was going to say before I had to read through a page and a half of trash is that I find it funny that the F-15 has the exact same decal package as my A10x.
Does the A10x come out of this factory, too?

Funny, though, how so many people are willing to state how they would refuse to buy anything by Sparks.
Except if it is being made by Sparks for, say, BVM, Tamjets, or Cermark. THEN it's different?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:44 AM
scaleMan
My Feedback: (92)

man this is confusing... I was thinking about getting one of these after the first few posts(and looking forward to following the build), then some are saying your a criminal if you do, others saying its legit then theres a jetlegend ad at the top of the page and an airpac skymaster at the bottom if the page... What the hell is going on here????
Old 10-16-2005, 12:46 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

I sincerely hope that Jet Legend becomes the first succesful chinese import,

Hmmm, Thought Skymaster had already done that using this very airframe [sm=confused.gif]....
Mugenkidd...how did it degenerate from a thread about this airplane? Which I was enjoying, too? Well, it went for some 20 posts, then a guy who sells Skymaster kits(and OTHER kits that happen to be made in the SPARKS FACTORY) happend to feel a need to mention the above.
And here we are again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.