Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

wild speculation on future of nitro rc

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

wild speculation on future of nitro rc

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 07:23 PM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wild speculation on future of nitro rc

Well they already have 1/4 scale blown v8's and a new viper v10.They have a 3 speed.I want an exact replica 1970 dodge challenger w/ the six pack in frony and pipes out the side.That would be unbleievable! you could drag! I am buying that cobra from the site.It has a full running engine and pipes, but is it r/c?
Old 10-03-2003, 07:31 PM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Tamiya or kyosho have a touring car w/ a mercedes body that has a start button on the remote!
Old 10-03-2003, 07:54 PM
XDestroymotorsX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i forgot the name of a site but they all so have v12 ferria. it's something like elegant models or something like that. it took the guy like 5 or so years to make. i would rather buy a real one might has well takes the fun out of an RC car. the whole point is for it to small remote controlled and pack a punch.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:12 AM
rcfoolz
My Feedback: (1)

Good post for the guy who is thinking, but here it goes:
Cold ram air has been done and the Superchargers have been done. sorry, I couldn't find the links for the first too.

Radiator for .12 has been done. http://www.wildhobbies.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=4286

No2 has been done. http://jagrc.com/forum/

Onboard computer has been done. http://www.onstat.com/main.htm
Old 10-04-2003, 08:03 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

boats have water cooling so the radiator cant be that hard

twin engines=showpony, where as
twin cylinders=smart idea,ie power to weight,durability, simplicity

a larger range of completed bodyshells not all unpainted ones would go well for all the drivers who arent painters, be good for sponsers too

the tamiya blazin blazer was manual 3 or 4? speed with a gear shifter on the remote, how long ago was that.

dogbones/ cdv joints etc which have flexible rubber covers like all real cars do to keep the dirt out

rollbars which work

Old 10-04-2003, 12:48 PM
XDestroymotorsX

the NOS isnt nos it's N20 not no2 the guys a scam i have a e-mail from him admitting it. i 'll send to any one who wants to see it.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:25 PM
XDestroymotorsX

i went to wild hobbies i didnt see any rc nitro car or radiator. all there was, was some talk about something like it but in deepth. tell me more about this boat water cool engine. i new they where around but do they only work from out side water splashing in, or do you fill it up with water?
Old 10-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Aterlatus

maybe he forgot to add his reply lol....how about 4 wheel steering like on real monster trucks ...when you hit a certain point in your front end servor it pulls the lever on a second servo to turn the rear wheels in or out? not usefull yet but could be
The CEN Genesis, due out around Christmas, actually HAS 4 wheel steering
It's also got four disk brakes and a few other goodies. Check out CEN's site for more info http://www.cenracing.com/

the NOS isnt nos it's N20 not no2 the guys a scam i have a e-mail from him admitting it. i 'll send to any one who wants to see it.
I'd love to see a diagram of an no2 molecule - I can't see how that could exist. N2O is the stuff that are used in 1:1 cars...

Personally, I'd love to see onboard computers so you can check on the status of your car. Some form of mechanism so that you can bring your car in if something goes wrong too. IE, if the engine stalls, I want to be able to start it again. If the car runs out of fuel, I'd love an electric motor or an emergency fuel supply to bring it back in (or at least some sort of warning light when fuel is running low).

Meh, I have other ideas but I can't think of them right now. I'll post again when my mind's working
Old 10-04-2003, 02:19 PM
injectedsmile16

Cen also is said to be coming out with a 3 speed tranny conversion for their on road TC the CT4 S. http://www.rcmodels.com/rc-cen-ct4-s.html Supposedly speeds in excess of 80mph will be reached with the conversion. Also manually shifting is possible like they do with the E-Maxx. I have been asking around because I have wanted to do it with my savage but everyone is concerned with weight.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:31 PM
firstime

A manual 6 speed transmission with the gear shift on your remote. That would rock!
Old 10-04-2003, 04:00 PM
injectedsmile16

I should have done more research Cen already has TC's with 3 speeds. Also a 6 speed wouldnt work...it would be heavy and by time you hit the 6th gear you would have already flipped your car over from going so fast. The wind would just catch it and flip it right over.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:15 PM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

one word for the six speed,downforce! hugh wing!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Aterlatus

Stuff downforce. Just stick a wing on it and have a prop on a seperate motor on the front - when you go too fast to keep on the ground, you can take off :P
Old 10-04-2003, 10:58 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

i a six speed would be beond usefulness especially as a manual because with the way rcs are driven yould constantly be changing gear. itld only work if it was a really complex instant change automatic.

plus to hit 6th gear at the correct time the car would be out of sight.

i dont own a boat but they have proper water cooling jackets etc around the head n exhaust, i think the water is pumped by a ventury effect of something not a mechanical pump.
but to convert it to a car setup with a radiator and tiny mechanical pump would be easy if you can find a pump n radiator.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:15 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

the boat water cooling uses fuel line piping to transfer the water around, and it would be seawater being used but their is no reason why you couldnt convert it to a closed system using proper coolant/distilled water

4 wheel steering would pose no difficulty to make ive even seen it on a 1987 mugen buggy but their is little if any benifit of having it on fast cars, especially road cars as really the only turn in you want from the back is very minimal not like the degree of turn in at the front.
it is useful in rock crawlers because they only go very slowly and need exceptional maneuverability, and so thats why they are the only form of vehicle to comonly use 4ws.
ie cars today would alwready all have 4ws if it gave an advantage
Old 10-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: RS4_3_ss

i want a 5 hp engine for one. I know you would never get traction btu i just think that that would be sweet. you would have to go form like a 40 mph roll to race and stuff, but i think that would be sweet because, could you imagine the top end that the sucker would have? It would be amazing. It would make all of our rc car look like they were built be tyco or something.
Here is a link to a 70cc Sachs Dolmer Engine rated at 9HP. According to the site, that same engine will fit a 1/4 scale R/C car. The smaller Komatsu Zenoah G230RC 22.5cc will push the 1/4 scale around 60mph yet is only around 2HP. 2HP--> 9HP: More than I can handle on the track.

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...=&part_id=1440