Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

2C Garage to Ultimate R/C Shop Renovation

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

2C Garage to Ultimate R/C Shop Renovation

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2C Garage to Ultimate R/C Shop Renovation

$25, 000 to leave Yuma, you gotta be kidding!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: c550
$25, 000 to leave Yuma, you gotta be kidding!
Yeah, it only took 10 to get me to leave Phoenix!
Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Mods-R-Me
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phase 4: Electrical outlets and lighting cont...

Summary

I passed the rough electrical inspection with flying colors [sm=thumbs_up.gif]. The inspector walked in, took a quick look around, and left. I was expecting an apocalypse type of event, but was pleasantly surprised it went the other way. Subsequently, WE GOT POWER!

Construction

Here’s a shot of the populated sub-panel (figure 1). I like the fact that this box has its own "Sub-Main" breaker on conjunction with the one at the main panel. The double redundancy is slightly reassuring.

Figure 1-Sub Panel

The first thing I installed were the lights (figure 2). Previously, they were shown running off the main panel, but now they're running off the sub.

Figure 2-Lights

Next, the north and west wall outlets were installed. The east wall will have to be insulated and re-sheeted before its' outlets can be installed. Each wall has its own GFCI outlet which protects the other, regular, outlets. All the outlets were tested for functionality with the devise shown in figures 3 & 4. I love these; they're almost idiot proof. Just plug them in and based on the sequence of lights you'll know if it's wired correctly.

Figures 3 & 4-Outlet Tester

Words cannot express the value of this create comfort in southern Arizona (figure 5). The only thing that would top this is an air conditioner (it's on its way ).

Figure 5-Cold Water

What's Next

1. Insulate walls and ceiling
2. Air Conditioner Install [&:] (tears of joy)

Guess what this is for